Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Torres: Our Four Title Rivals

Read 3085 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Torres: Our Four Title Rivals
      Reply #23: Jul 02, 2009 01:27:35 am
      Think Torres also forgot to mention the other title rival -  the referees and their penchant for helping out the scum ;D
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #24: Jul 02, 2009 04:10:23 am
      I think Torres is wrong in thinking that Man City are going to realistically challange for the title next season. Yet for people to claim they will never become a top four club is silly. Why not? Chelsea established themselves as a giant in european football on the back of abramovich's investment and city have more money than that. Therefore it is certainly a genuine threat in the coming years city will be challenging for the title.

People are saying that Torres is talking too much. I would tend to agree with them but the fact that he is so confident for the coming season makes me confident and likewise this could have a similar effect on the other players in the squad.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jul 02, 2009 08:18:26 am
      Would never have a go at Torres for talking to much, at least he says something... *cough Xabi... cough cough Masch*
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jul 02, 2009 11:32:56 am
      He really doesn't get the Premier League, does he? :laugh:

Man City are never going to challenge for the top 4 let alone league title.

Although i hate to admit it, they are signing some great players. Their squad is looking better than Arsenal's. The only thing that could work against City is if the players don't gel for a season or 2.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Jul 02, 2009 11:34:00 am
      Would never have a go at Torres for talking to much, at least he says something... *cough Xabi... cough cough Masch*

He is so mature for his age, can't believe the things i've seen in his interviews, been very impressed to say the least. Very fond of his Valencia friends isn't he.

Quick Reply