Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fight Night Round 4

Read 3659 times
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 271 posts | -4 
      Fight Night Round 4
      Jul 04, 2009 01:38:10 pm
      Anyone played it yet just want to find out if its good before spending 40quid on a game what could be sh*t
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Fight Night Round 4
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2009 07:24:25 pm
      Anyone played it yet just want to find out if its good before spending 40quid on a game what could be sh*t

I played the demo on the PS3.

The fighting involves the analogue sticks in the demo. Hopefully you can change them back to the regular buttons as I prefer them on Round 3. I'm sure you'd adapt if not, as I probably would. The method of getting up after a knock down is brilliant too, having to find your balance rather than get the two circles in the middle.

The fights themselves are fantastic. The dynamics are much more realistic. I found it hard to believe that they could improve on Round 3 but they have somehow.

Just have to buy it myself now though. Got me holiday to pay off first so might be on the back burner for now. ;)
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #2: Jul 15, 2009 10:32:05 am
      ;D thanks
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jul 15, 2009 11:12:38 am
      I wonder if this will be any good for the Wii, or do you reckon it would be better for PS3?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jul 15, 2009 11:57:32 am
      I wonder if this will be any good for the Wii, or do you reckon it would be better for PS3?

PS3. ;)

Too much like hard work on the Wii. :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jul 15, 2009 11:58:08 am
      Haha!

True I guess. I don't like hard work.

PS3 it is!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2009 01:56:13 pm
      Just downloaded the demo and it's installing now. Just interested to see what it's like.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2009 02:15:04 am
      Based on the demo, this seems to be a really good game. I have been playing it non-stop the past few days. I'm thinking about getting it, though there are a lot of quality games coming out soon and therefore i don't think i will be spending my money on this.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2009 06:47:04 pm
      Sounds good not got it yet
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #9: Aug 02, 2009 12:45:07 am
      This is an excellent game! Got it a few weeks back and its great
      The 'downloading boxers' feature is especially pleasing, ive downloaded Torres, Benitez, The Hulk, Hitler :P, Michael Jackson RIP, Mayweather, Lionel Richie, Drogba - To smack :P,  and many more :)
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #10: Aug 03, 2009 10:05:48 am
      i think this game is class! Got it a few days back and really pleased i got it, the graphics are top and the gameplay is slightly more believable than fn3... probably rate it 8/10 overall considering fifa is obviously a 10 ;)
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 03, 2009 10:06:52 am
      This is an excellent game! Got it a few weeks back and its great
      The 'downloading boxers' feature is especially pleasing, ive downloaded Torres, Benitez, The Hulk, Hitler :P, Michael Jackson RIP, Mayweather, Lionel Richie, Drogba - To smack :P,  and many more :)
      just wondering how do you download all of those boxers mate?
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #12: Aug 03, 2009 01:27:16 pm
      just wondering how do you download all of those boxers mate?

Go on CREATE BOXER, then DOWNLOAD BOXER, and you can scroll through loads which people have made (which is basically what it is, people make boxers and upload them) or search for a specific name you want. Most of the boxers look quite good and realistic :)

And by the way, they are free ;)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/playershare/searchresults/game/fightnight/type/MDB/page/2    <<<<< That's a computer way to see what boxers have been uploaded recently etc. :) So if you cant make it to your ps3/xbox and you want to see what is most recent to make an appearence on Fight Night you can :)
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009 07:08:10 pm by CRK, Reason: Consecutive posts, plus grammar »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Aug 12, 2009 12:49:28 pm
      I was very dissapointed with Fight Night Round 4, having been a massive fan of 1,2 & 3.

There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on...
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #14: Aug 12, 2009 01:27:37 pm
      I was very dissapointed with Fight Night Round 4, having been a massive fan of 1,2 & 3.

When I got into this thread and read your post.. without the other posts.. I actually thought that its a movie. :-\

And its actually a game. And I've never heard of it before, surprisingly.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2009 01:33:15 pm
      Been loving the demo, probably getting the game. Haven't played any of the earlier editions though. I'm used to UFC Undisputed as a fighting game, so it took me a bit to get into FN 4, completely different controls. I think I'll enjoy it more than UFC, strangely, since I'm not into boxing at all but I am into MMA. This has made me very excited about the MMA game EA is making.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #16: Aug 12, 2009 02:07:54 pm
      Find it that because it takes so lon before you can challenge for the title, you start to lose interest in it, haven't played it or a while now. Also dont like training on it, find that I just can't get the hang of doing some of the things on it, and hardly improve.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 13, 2009 12:23:41 pm
      Go on CREATE BOXER, then DOWNLOAD BOXER, and you can scroll through loads which people have made (which is basically what it is, people make boxers and upload them) or search for a specific name you want. Most of the boxers look quite good and realistic :)

And by the way, they are free ;)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/playershare/searchresults/game/fightnight/type/MDB/page/2    <<<<< That's a computer way to see what boxers have been uploaded recently etc. :) So if you cant make it to your ps3/xbox and you want to see what is most recent to make an appearence on Fight Night you can :)
      CHEERS M8 :) Even though iv downloaded Torres and he looks sh*t haha. Can beat the sh*t out of Ronaldo now though :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2009 05:47:51 pm
      Went and bought this the other day. Going to have a pop at it when I get a minute later on.

I'll let you all know my thoughts on it.

Hoping your wrong Court. ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Aug 18, 2009 11:31:40 pm
      Bang into this game.

The 'new' control method was a little hard to get used to at first. (I had it on the setting on Round 3 where you could use the buttons to punch, whereas Round 4 has no option to do so) Once you're past that, I think it's as good as Round 3, with the extra fighters and a much deeper Career mode. I've just won the Amateur Tournament, and was greeted with a very good career manager screen. Scheduling fights, training, recovery periods, etc.

The gameplay does take a little getting used to, but once you've got past the intial changes it is very clear that the fighting has incorporated a vast number of styles that (good as it was) Round 3 never really had. Boxing inside and boxing from distance are completely different, and if you have the reach on someone then it is very easy to fall into the latter style.

It seems to have a lot of depth for the money this game. Only time will tell though if it's more rewarding than Round 3, which in my opinion was absolutely fantastic.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #20: Aug 19, 2009 01:24:50 am
      One of the best games to come out for the PS3 so far in my opinion
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2009 08:44:24 pm
      Can anyone actually do the training on this game?

It's too f*cking hard. >:(

Quick Reply