Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Your fantasy/dream team and why?

Read 1392 times
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Your fantasy/dream team and why?
      Aug 14, 2009 10:29:14 pm
      Just wondering what you guys fantasy teams will be for this season. I do one with my friends from my previous job. The rules and scoring are identical to a certain sh*te rag I wont mention, but it gives us a basis to run it ourselves but for our own money and without having to over-manage it if you get me.  Anyhow, you score for goals, clean sheets, ratings out of ten and also man of the match. There are around 100 of us all paying £5 in so its quite profitable if you know you're stuff. Also, there is NO limit on how many players from any one team is allowed. In years gone by I've always gone for gerrard, lampard, terry, etc, but this year im going for something different. The key here, is that european competition counts, so if all players are in european cup competition then they will get more points get me?

Lets cut the talk  here's my team and why.

GK- ben foster - man utd - Van Der Saar out until October, he was cheap, and will see first team action in a team that concedes few goals, despite a shoddy community shield display.

RB  - glen johnson - liverpoo - first team RB in a team which wont concede many, but will also push forward and get involved in attacks and occasional goal. Wouldnt be suprised to see him start a few at RM which as any fantasy veteran would know means he will continue to pickup the clean sheet bonus of a defender.

CB - rio ferdinand - man utd - Solid CB, team doesnt concede many, Vidic out fora while so will be responsible for heading upfieldat set pieces.

CB - John Paintsil - fulham - solid RB, plays RM often,also part of a very tight fulham defence that conceded not many last seasnon, played 37 games last season andwas an absolute bargain. Playing in european competition too!

LB - tony hibbert - everton - much like steve finnan, a solid performer in defence whcih is playing euro competition with the bitters, quite consistent and relatively cheap.

LCM - fabian delph - villa - relatively unkown, thus cheap, but from many leeds fan friends have heard wondorous stuff, apparently the beating heart of a midfiled with a sweet left and right foot, one to watch, also competing on the euro front.

RCM - florent malouda - chelsea - willbe expected to carry his strong form from last season over to this season in the new diamond formation of Ancellotis' and is a big fave of the coach's. Scores a few too.

CM - lucas leiva - liverpool with Xabi gone and Aquillani injured for another 2 months, Lucas can carry his excellent end of season and pre-season form into the new campaign, really cheap too for a player who will start a few and in my belief will score some this year a well as participate in a number of clean sheets.

LF - eduardo - arsenal natural finisher going really cheap due to injury, but is fully fit and raring to go,with some iinjuries in the arsenal ranks and the loss of Adebayor, its likely he and van Persie will sit up top with Arshavin about as part of a 4-3-3.

RF - nicolas anelka - chelsea really expensive but as one of the more natural finishers at chelski and with lampard lost at the top of the diamond, expect anelka to be the forerunner for goals, especially given Drogbas, ban and constant bookings.

CF - fernando torres - liverpool Obvious really - looking super sharp, super fit in a world cup season, wil be extremely important to us, in my opinion more so than Mr Gerrard.

So thats my team, I cant change it now until January, which if Lucas doesnt prevail, then Stevie will drop in. I think Lampard will be lost in the new Chelsea formation, and Rooney wont live up to the hype. I hope overlooking Arshavin doesnt do me one though. So whats your team and why, and what o you think of mine?

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Your fantasy/dream team and why?
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2009 10:30:50 pm
      LB - tony hibbert - everton - much like steve finnan, a solid performer in defence whcih is playing euro competition with the bitters, quite consistent and relatively cheap.

Also looks like a shoe.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2009 10:35:44 pm

Certainly does, although he is a bitter, he should be given more of a shot at an England place.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2009 09:50:59 am
      Hang on. What?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #4: Aug 15, 2009 11:11:57 am
      Me and my mates are doing ours on premierleague.com. I just got pipped at the post last time round so like Liverpool I'm going make sure I win it this year. Went for a 3-5-2:
      ---------------------------------------Foster----------------------------------

-----------O'Shea----------------Hangeland---------------Insua---------

Kuyt-------Rodwell------------Lampard-----------Taylor-----Arshavin

----------------------Torres-----------------Zamora------------------------

Unfortunately only 3 reds allowed!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Aug 15, 2009 05:04:03 pm
      Hibbert is pants. Malouda had time to go to the loo while running past him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Aug 15, 2009 05:09:11 pm
      Hibbert? :lmao:
      beardofzeus
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |