Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Overrated players (Non-LFC)

Read 9219 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 616 posts | 11 
      Overrated players (Non-LFC)
      Aug 18, 2009 01:23:18 am
      Wayne Rooney
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2009 11:35:18 am by ayrton77 »
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Overrated players
      Reply #1: Aug 18, 2009 05:20:00 am

Totally agree with that one people think that's he's better than Torres ( I was like wtf) !

Petr Cech (he is no way better than Pepe)

John Terry ( he's get in contention for all awards no matter what when he is not that great )

Rio Ferdinand ( same reason as John Terry )

Ashley Cole ( don't like him , think he's over rated ...I think he's overrated because of his wife ...that's my guess )

Didier Drogba

Ricardo Quaresma
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009 01:31:11 am by MsGerrard »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Aug 18, 2009 06:47:01 am
      I wouldnt say Rooney is overrated - i think he's quality. They get up his arse as much as we get up Fernando's IMO.

Cristiano Ronaldo is F***ing overrated - 80m? Give me a break.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Aug 18, 2009 07:23:53 am
      Wayne Rooney isn't overrated. He's probably one of the quality English lads out there.

Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated. He disappears in most games. There are games where he didn't play well at all and yet still get on the score sheet.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #4: Aug 18, 2009 11:26:21 am
      Zlatan Ibrahimovic - a good player yes, but in no means the best striker in the world. How Inter got Eto'o and forty mil for him baffles me.

Cristiano Ronaldo - another good player but as said above, goes missing in games, he loses the ball an awful lot and 9/10 times can't really be arsed in trying to win it back. Was the best player in the world a couple of seasons ago, but IMO he will never repeat that kind of form.

Micah Richards - before glen, a few people were wanting him as the number one right back for England. Yes he is powerful and was quite fast at one point, but the trouble is his positioning, it really is awful. You couldn't really notice before because he had the speed to recover from it, but now he has become a lot slower and put on a lot of weight. Therefore is pretty damn sh*t now.

Rio Ferdinand/John Terry - ok players but nothing special, certainly not the best defenders in the world by a long shot. Especially Ferdinand, everyone says he is consistent but for a player of his 'calibre', he is extremely uneasy with the ball. If it wasn't for Vidic, Utd would be in the sh*t pan most of the time.

Gabby Agbonlahor - extremely fast player, but his finishing is shocking. Normally scores a few goals at the beginning of the season and then dies down.

Theo Walcott - some people may disagree with me on this one. Walcott is supposed to be a striker, yet rarely plays up front and has been put on the wing most games. For a striker his finishing is sh*t, yes even against Croatia when he got a hat-trick, none of the goals were superb, he just seemed to be there. I thought Walcott was going to be a fantastic player and i was expecting a lot more from him. Arsenal signed him when he was seventeen, he is now twenty and IMO hasn't really improved a great deal.

Francesco Totti - never been out of his comfort zone. At Roma, the team has basically been built round him, and I never quite understand why. He puts in average performances most games and rarely does anything special. Yet people who judge players on Fifa ratings seem to think he is 'world class'. No he is just an average player who hasn't got the balls to try the prem.

Robinho - For 32.5million I'd expect a lot more from him. He shows the occasional bit of magic yes, but is no way consistent. If Robinho gets put on his arse at the start of the game, it is guaranteed he won't get involved in the match and will just shy away. For 32.5 million that's a joke.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Re: Overrated players (Non-LFC)
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2009 01:51:53 pm
      Eric Cantona - Good in the Premiership. sh*te in Europe.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2009 04:46:17 pm
      For some reason, I don't rate Karim Benzema and Zlatan Ibrahimovic highly. Our Fernando Torres is much better!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2009 04:47:47 pm
      Benzema I rate pretty highly especially considering how young he his Zlatan however always seems to go missing in the big games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Aug 20, 2009 06:14:54 pm
      Ibrahimovich, Quaresma, Beckham, Gigs, Scholes, Berbaflop, Cahill.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 20, 2009 07:47:16 pm
      Francesco Totti - never been out of his comfort zone. At Roma, the team has basically been built round him, and I never quite understand why. He puts in average performances most games and rarely does anything special. Yet people who judge players on Fifa ratings seem to think he is 'world class'. No he is just an average player who hasn't got the balls to try the prem.
      Was contender for the European Golden Shoe for a few seasons in a row and he won it once.
      Also won the world cup with Italy.
      See more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Totti#Honours
      He also has about 230 goals in about 550 games.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2009 12:54:55 pm
      Was contender for the European Golden Shoe for a few seasons in a row and he won it once.
      Also won the world cup with Italy.
      See more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Totti#Honours
      He also has about 230 goals in about 550 games.

But he's never played for a big team..so he looks better than he is. As for winning the world cup, it wasn't down to him at all. In my opinion Italy shouldn't have won the world cup at all. It doesn't make someone a good player, just because there team has won the world cup. Kleberson has won the world cup, would you rate him highly?
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2009 01:08:58 pm
      To me it's admirable that someone like Totti stays at his club. I'm sure he's had the chance to go to other bigger clubs in his day. So he didn't leave his comfort zone, maybe he just loves the club and is loyal to it. I know, farfetched in today's football age isn't it. Let's say Liverpool, regardless of it's past, wouldn't be a top club at the moment. Wouldn't you admire Gerrard for staying anyway? I certainly wouldn't hold it against him. He's no Torres, but for italian standards he's a good striker.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2009 01:19:08 pm
      To me it's admirable that someone like Totti stays at his club. I'm sure he's had the chance to go to other bigger clubs in his day. Who says he stayed because he didn't want to leave his comfort zone? Maybe he just loves the club and is loyal to it. I know, farfetched in today's football age isn't it. Let's say Liverpool, regardless of it's past, wouldn't be a top club at the moment. Wouldn't you admire Gerrard for staying anyway? I certainly wouldn't hold it against him. He's no Torres, but for italian standards he's a great striker.

It's admirable to an extent yes. On the other hand if we were in a similar situation to Roma, i wouldn't blame Gerrard one bit if he left. I think the only people who would admire it would be the fans of the club, as they are obviously going to be biased and not want their players to leave.
      Nando's loyal to Atletico and everyone knows that. Yet he still came to further his career and become the best player he possibly could. Nando could of easily stayed in his comfort zone (captain of the team, prize possession of the club, (a similar situation to Totti)) but he chose not to, and that is my point, Totti has never wanted to leave his comfort zone.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2009 01:22:21 pm
      Roma is hardly a small club though they have been Champions League regulars over the last few years and have been right up there in the Serie A.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2009 01:27:01 pm
      Roma is hardly a small club though they have been Champions League regulars over the last few years and have been right up there in the Serie A.
      But people class Totti as one of the best.
      How many world class players play for Roma?
      If someone is classed as one of the best in the world would you not expect them to play for Real, Barca, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, AC Milan, Inter or some team of that calibre? I wouldn't say Roma are on par with any of those teams.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2009 01:33:12 pm
      He's like 32 years old, and still battling away as one of the finest players in Serie A.

People talk of him based on his past, too. Of course he's lost abit of his spark because of his age but still marvelous to watch.

People his age are sometimes perceived to be over rated because some talk of the player in question when they played in their hay day.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2009 01:35:15 pm
      All the teams you mentioned bar Bayern who only have Ribery (maybe for not much longer) would be considered to be of a higher quality yes. But just because he doesn't play at one of those clubs doesn't mean anything would you consider David Villa to be World Class? I would and he plays for Valencia who I dont exactly see winning any trophies lately.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2009 01:39:27 pm
      All the teams you mentioned bar Bayern who only have Ribery (maybe for not much longer) would be considered to be of a higher quality yes. But just because he doesn't play at one of those clubs doesn't mean anything would you consider David Villa to be World Class? I would and he plays for Valencia who I dont exactly see winning any trophies lately.
      Exactly! Hence why Villa will be going on to bigger and better things..and before you say he hasn't gone, it's inevitable he's going sooner or later.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2009 01:43:21 pm
      I wouldn't blame someone who left for a bigger club, but I'd still admire that player more if he'd stay at the club he loves. Roma has done great the last decade with Totti, they ended with the first two 6 times, which he obviously contributed to. And a team doesn't define a player's quality.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2009 01:47:12 pm
      I wouldn't blame someone who left for a bigger club, but I'd still admire that player more if he'd stay at the club he loves. Roma has done great the last decade with Totti, they ended with the first two 6 times, which he obviously contributed to. And a team doesn't define a player's quality.
      No a team doesn't, but if a player moves to a big club, they are going to have the players around them to help get the best out of themselves.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2009 01:49:24 pm
      No a team doesn't, but if a player moves to a big club, they are going to have the players around them to help get the best out of themselves.

Not necessarily, though mate. They built Roma around him for him to be comfortable and to get the best out of him and they have done that - hence his reputation.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 21, 2009 01:59:31 pm
      Not necessarily, though mate. They built Roma around him for him to be comfortable and to get the best out of him and they have done that - hence his reputation.
      But do you honestly think that he is a better player for staying at Roma, than he would be if he had gone to one of the previous teams mentioned? I know we'll never know but it's just a thought.
      I know if i had players like Zidane, Raul, Figo setting me up and finishing my passes every week, I'd feel more confident that my team is going to win with me getting the best out of my ability.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 21, 2009 02:07:55 pm
      Well, over the last couple of years, Roma have done better than Inter in the Champions League.
      Also, Totti's preffered position, trequartista, was only popular in Italy, so it made no sense to move.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #23: Aug 21, 2009 02:14:52 pm
      Ok then, have they done better than AC Milan? No.
      If he was so good wouldn't all the top teams accomodate this? Regardless of the country.
      We changed our formation to suit Gerrard and Torres?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #24: Aug 21, 2009 03:15:08 pm
      Giggs - the most overrated player ever!!!

90% of the time the final ball is .....and has always been shocking
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #25: Aug 21, 2009 07:18:21 pm
      Giggs - the most overrated player ever!!!

90% of the time the final ball is .....and has always been shocking

TOO RIGHT!! Player of the Year my hairy arse muffins.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 21, 2009 07:20:03 pm
      But do you honestly think that he is a better player for staying at Roma, than he would be if he had gone to one of the previous teams mentioned? I know we'll never know but it's just a thought.
      I know if i had players like Zidane, Raul, Figo setting me up and finishing my passes every week, I'd feel more confident that my team is going to win with me getting the best out of my ability.
      Ok then, have they done better than AC Milan? No.
      If he was so good wouldn't all the top teams accomodate this? Regardless of the country.
      We changed our formation to suit Gerrard and Torres?
      Totti is italian, and most italians prefer to play at italian clubs, just like english prefer to play in the EPL. Especially in the recent past before the Serie A went down the drain. The past decade Roma has been at least just as succesfull in the Serie A as Juve and AC Milan, I wouldn't call that such a small club. Totti's from Rome himself, it's not that weird that he prefers not playing at any rival clubs. Maybe he's not a better player cause of it, I don't know, but it does add to his personality. And it's not like he has been or is playing with idiots, he's played with some pretty good players over time. He might have been more succesfull as a player if he would've went somewhere else, but would Roma have been as succesfull if he did? I doubt it. That deserves my respect.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #27: Aug 21, 2009 09:15:19 pm
      Dimitar Berbatov!... what daft knob head would be stupid enough to pay £30m for a sulky little cabbage like him?
      You would have to be drunk mental or both!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #28: Aug 21, 2009 09:51:48 pm
      Michael Carrick - £18m, rip off! He does nothing to justify his price. He's a good player, thats it. Good, not very good, not great and not brilliant as the United biased media depict him as. Put him in a team without match winners and he would crumble under the pressure. At United he breezes through on Rooney and (previously) Ronaldo and Tevez' work! His lack of ability will be seen this season!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #29: Aug 22, 2009 12:29:38 am
      Beckham!

Sorry, I dont see it, I never have.  I'll give him Free Kicks.  Not to sound commercial but he can "Bend It". Other than that, I dont see the hype. He might be a cover model and married a Spice Girl, but that doesn't mean sh*t on the pitch. He hasn't done sh*t in L.A. I never thought he was worth all the money.  I saw him play at Man. U. He never looked like a million dollar player.

Am I missing it?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #30: Aug 22, 2009 03:36:33 am
      Berbatov - Horrible, lazy, arrogant, selfish etc.

Ibrahimovich - Goes missing in big games, 40mil + Eto'o??

Cech - Not really that good

Buffon - Never understood why some people rate him so highly, best keeper in the world? No. So how can he be the best player in the world? He's nowhere near Casillas.

Lescott - How is he worth 20million? I really have no idea.

Vidic - Good against poor teams, can't cope with a true forward like Torres because he's too dirty.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2009 04:43:01 pm
      Dimitar Berbatov!... what daft knob head would be stupid enough to pay £30m for a sulky little cabbage like him?
      You would have to be drunk mental or both!

Err i always said the lad would come good and start scoring goals ::)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #32: Aug 23, 2009 04:45:45 pm
      Who's the most overrated player in the world?

I think it's Cristiano Ronaldo, and unlike most haters, I will give a couple of reasons for it, and attempt to dispel some common myths and misconceptions that often get associated with the striker.

1. "He's a winger, and that's why his scoring 42 goals was so amazing."
      He was not a winger that season. Look at the statistics: Ronaldo had by far the most shots of anyone that season, more than any other striker. And if you look at where he spent the majority of his time, it was in the striker role, he and rooney were the strikers on that team.

Notice how much his scoring went down when another striker joined the team, Berbatov, and how low it was when Nistelrooy was there,. Notice that his goal tally when there was another striker on the team was roughly the same! Coincidence? I think not.

2. "He's a great scorer."
      Not true; he's a great free-kick taker and header of the ball, but nothing more.
      Notice how few of those goals required vast amounts of skill: the free-kicks and some of the headers. The majority of the time, Ronaldo was given perfect, sublime passes and had to do very little. And for those that will say that his positioning is what's genius, I offer the following reply: perhaps. But notice that most of the time Ronaldo had to move very little to score, or when he was making runs, they were fairly obvious ones.

Ronaldo may be very good at positioning, I'm not the god of football knowledge, but if it is it's one of the few things he's good at, because look at how many shots he takes! That is not a great percentage.

Ronaldo can only score goals when his whole team is on fire; he can't create for himself. Proof: look at him when his team plays tough competition; he routinely failed to score against top teams in the premier league and even when Manchester United won the Champions league he was shut down by Barcelona.

Ah, you say, but didn't he score in the final against chelsea? Yes, OFF A perfect PASS TO THE HEAD! See what I mean? A great striker can create goals for himself. You want to see a Ronaldo whose a great striker? Look at the first Ronaldo's 1996/1997 season every goal, also on youtube. Now compare the two videos of the Ronaldos and tell me which one created goals for himself.

3. "He's a great dribbler."
      Debatable. While there is no doubt that ronaldo has some of the quickest feet football has ever seen, and great pace, fantastic dribbling is about what you do after you beat your man. Ronaldo doesn't score after he beats a man (as you now know from watching his goalscoring video) and he almost never crosses it either.

Overwhelmingly, what he does after he beats a man is PASS BACK! The reason for this is that Ronaldo likes to take his time facing a man one on one, and so by the time he beats him the defenders have covered everybody and his only option is to pass back. Also, notice, how reluctant he is to take somebody on unless he's on the wing. The reason for this is that he seems to be incapable of taking on multiple defenders. He used to do it sometimes in his first years at United but since 2006 just stopped.

So in conclusion, dribbling is about what you do after you beat your man and while Ronaldo may have many highlight videos, they never show what he does after he beats one defender because in the vast majority of cases he passes back, loses the ball, or falls down like my three-year-old sister. Again, if you want to see what a REAL great dribbler does watch a video of the first ronaldo, ronaldinho, thierry henry, or zidane, they become alive after they beat their man.

4."Well, Ronaldo still scores a lot of goals for a winger."
      True! I am not saying Ronaldo is a terrible player! Right now, minus the 42 goal season, (which I explained he played as an okay striker in) ronaldo is scoring about as much as figo did with fewer assists. I think that Ronaldo may one day be as great as figo, but unless he improves on the things mentioned here, no better, and certainly not the greatest player in the world.
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #33: Aug 24, 2009 12:50:49 pm
      Fat Frank Lampard. Big time bottler
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: Aug 24, 2009 12:55:35 pm
      nani
      stmichael
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 64 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 24, 2009 02:56:18 pm
      John Terry by a country mile. Helped for years by having the world's best goalkeeper behind him, one of the world's best centre backs alongside him and the world's best defensive midfielder infront of him. The guy is not fit to lace Carvalho's boots.

Very limited footballer who lacks pace and positional sense but obviously he's a "winner" who'll die for the cause which automatically makes him better than what he is.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #36: Aug 24, 2009 06:38:12 pm
      I find it absolutely hilarious that people can actually say that Frank Lampard, John Terry and Totti are over rated.

Frank Lampard may not be as good as Gerrard but to score 20 goals in 5 consecutive seasons in the best league in the world is `world class` in my opinion.

John Terry is playing alongside the best players in the world too but he is up there with the best, he is everything I hate about Chesea but at his best I would put him in the top3 in the world.

Totti is a Roman and I've heard people say that Roma are not a world class team so how can he be that good even if a team was built around him? The answer is that Roma are not far from being similar to Liverpool over the last 10 years ability wise. But yes we are happy to say that Gerrard is the best in the world at what he does even though we have not been at our best.

Players that I think are over rated are the players like Ibrahimovic who played for a Championship winning team like Inter and scored against lower level of teams and has never proven it against a Big Team.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 25, 2009 04:51:33 pm

Totti is a Roman and I've heard people say that Roma are not a world class team so how can he be that good even if a team was built around him? The answer is that Roma are not far from being similar to Liverpool over the last 10 years ability wise. But yes we are happy to say that Gerrard is the best in the world at what he does even though we have not been at our best.

What has our love for Gerrard got to do with Totti? Gerrard is one hundred times more effective and better than Totti! Obviously Roma fans are going to rate him because he is their player, whereas most people in the world rate Gerrard not just Liverpool fans.
      How are Roma 'world class'? A 'world class' team should be challenging for the Champions League every season, like we do. When was the last time Roma did that?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #38: Aug 25, 2009 05:32:25 pm
      Lesscott and Roque Santa Cruz...both had only 1 good season and then nothing special
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Aug 25, 2009 05:51:53 pm
      Michael Carrick - £18m, rip off! He does nothing to justify his price. He's a good player, thats it. Good, not very good, not great and not brilliant as the United biased media depict him as. Put him in a team without match winners and he would crumble under the pressure. At United he breezes through on Rooney and (previously) Ronaldo and Tevez' work! His lack of ability will be seen this season!

Agree 100%. Carrick is a decent passer, but not a good playmaker, he can't tackle, he can't strike a ball. He's just above ordinary, IMO.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #40: Aug 25, 2009 05:58:32 pm
      Anderson. How much did the scum spend on him? Was it £17M? Or 25? He's absoultely hurrendous, along with the rest of their ageing midfield.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #41: Aug 25, 2009 06:08:36 pm
      I wouldn't say Frank Lampard and John Terry are overrated.
      Frank Lampard isn't as complete as Steven Gerrard but he's a good player. He's score 20 goals or more for 5 consecutive seasons. He can shoot from free kicks and from outside the box. IMO, 2005 was his best year.
      John Terry, may lack the pace but he's big and has the ability to read the game.

Xabi Alonso is a cheaper and better version of Michael Carrick.

I think Nani and Anderson are overrated. And I don't see why Buffon is one of the world's best goal keepers. I think van der Sar and Cech(before he got that head injury) are better than Buffon.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2009 02:22:53 pm
      I dont like him but Ronaldo is not overrated for a winger to score 40 goals in a season is phemomanol. del piero is over rated what on earth has he done
      martinlfc199
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 28, 2009 06:42:10 pm
      I dont like him but Ronaldo is not overrated for a winger to score 40 goals in a season is phemomanol. del piero is over rated what on earth has he done

agreed but hes still a cocky, diving, portugese tw*t!....and he always will be :)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #44: Aug 28, 2009 10:35:19 pm
      Got to be Berbatov !! this guy makes Voronin look a world beater ,surprised he hasn't been sold on by now but there again .....most pub teams are choosy about their players
      martinlfc199
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2009 10:37:06 pm
      Got to be Berbatov !! this guy makes Voronin look a world beater ,surprised he hasn't been sold on by now but there again .....most pub teams are choosy about their players

only since he went to scum i rated him when he played at spurs as a reasonable threat
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46: Aug 28, 2009 11:02:31 pm
      Ibrahimovic - Thinks he's the worlds best player but yet never does it in the big games or against an English team and is generally over rated.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Aug 28, 2009 11:04:01 pm
      Ibrahimovic - Thinks he's the worlds best player but yet never does it in the big games or against an English team and is generally over rated.

Agreed. And he's one lazy mother.

It will be interesting actually to see how he pans out for Barcelona. Obviously he'll score a lot of goals but I'm not so sure it was a wise move swapping Eto'o for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Aug 28, 2009 11:15:00 pm
      Agreed. And he's one lazy mother.

It will be interesting actually to see how he pans out for Barcelona. Obviously he'll score a lot of goals but I'm not so sure it was a wise move swapping Eto'o for him.

As well as 40mill.

Eto'o is twice the player IMO.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 29, 2009 12:51:35 am
      Ibrahimovich-£40m plus Eto-Jose must be laughing all the way to the bank.this guy has never impressed me..

Rooney-need i say more?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #50: Aug 30, 2009 10:30:16 am
      Giggs and Ibrahimovic
      Giggs- How on earth did he win player of the season, started something like 13 games last season? In each of those games he started he must have contributed to about two goals, I thought it was a joke when I heard he won on the radio.
      Ibrahimovic- He was the reason that Inter lost of the two legs against us in the CL. Never thought he was great, take Eto'o and 40 mil any day, even on his best!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #51: Aug 31, 2009 05:03:57 am
      ^Benforrest - Everyone knows he didn't deserve to win player of the season, it was more given to him because he's had a good career, which obviously isn't fair.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #52: Aug 31, 2009 05:20:00 am
      Evra. I don't think he's that good going forward, he is a very one-dimensional player. He goes forward all the time and he doesn't offer that much threat either. He's tricky and sends crosses in but that's about it. He does the simple things right but put him against a strong winger and he's gonna crumble. Besides, he's lacking in pace, as well.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic. No chance is he worth Eto'o with 40 million. Never rated him at all and I think he's just as lazy and slack. He doesn't look as a good professional to me and disappears in big games. Also not a player who can change in the game in one instant and needs lots of opportunities to score. Lacklustre player.

Nani and Anderson are overrated as compared to what sections of the media display him to be - but everyone here also thinks the same thing as me, even mancs.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #53: Sep 03, 2009 04:02:19 pm
      Berbatov springs up in my mind almost instantly! I mean who would pay 30 million pounds for a him? Has he ever heard the term 'work'?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Sep 03, 2009 04:26:12 pm
      Anderson. How much did the scum spend on him? Was it £17M? Or 25? He's absoultely hurrendous, along with the rest of their ageing midfield.

Couldn't agree more. Anderson is a joke.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 03, 2009 08:25:37 pm
      Roy Keane....he was dirty, had no pace, and I believe Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Totti, Iniesta, Xavi are all FAR better then he ever ever was. I was having an argument with a Utd fan in work, she said Keane is the greatest player to put on a Utd shirt, and better then Gerrard will ever be. I was just speechless. He is not even 50% of Gerrard for me.

Gareth Barry. He cost us Xabi, and I can't believe we wanted him over Xabi.

Lescott. Cannot believe he has been sold for £24 million. He has shown nothing, and just shows how inflated the market is now.

Peter Cech. Two good seasons, has been questionable ever since the mistake he made in the euro's.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #56: Sep 03, 2009 08:40:01 pm
      Ibrahimovic for me as every time i have watched him he has disappointed me,talks a good game but can not follow it up on the pitch.

Deco has never impressed me either.
      ERMIS REDS
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 03, 2009 08:51:32 pm
      Carrick...20m....would not play him in Liverpool reserves ...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,422 posts | 2836 
      Reply #58: Sep 03, 2009 09:04:50 pm
      Ibrahimovic for me as every time I have watched him he has disappointed me,talks a good game but can not follow it up on the pitch.

Agree mate. Mourinho must be laughing all the way to the bank after getting 40m euros plus eto'o (who I think is better) for him!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #59: Sep 03, 2009 09:11:14 pm
      Nicholas Bendtner, can't believe that Barcelona and Inter Milan were apparantly sniffing after him. Whilst we are the subject of player's called Nicholas, the sulky one from Stamford Bridge - Not Drogba - also is well over rated as well -
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #60: Sep 03, 2009 09:26:06 pm
      Mia Farrow. Oh sorry I mean Michael Carrick is the luckiest man in the world. Not only does he have a film stars haircut, but he gets payed to pretend to play football. He is a bag of shi*e. He is so bad that I swear to god I am knocking on the old scumfarm door tomorrow for a trial. I can jog round in circles for an hour or so, miss pens and cut my hair with the wallpaper scissors. No problem, you purple faced pr**k, just give me three grand a week and I will blow your pipes as well. Please don't sell the waster.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #61: Sep 03, 2009 09:44:26 pm
      I dont think I would consider John Terry overrated. He is not a goal scorer but he is an awesome "Field General" .

I tend to gauge an athlete or player not just by stats and scoring but overall ability and stature on the field of play. I think once his playing days come to an end he will make an excellent coach. He knows the game and he wins.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #62: Sep 04, 2009 12:45:38 am
      Nicolas Bentdner or however it's spelt. Absolute joke of a player.

Gabby Agbonlahor, has pace but sod all else.

James McFadden, overrated by himself more than anybody. Last year in the Championship said he should be playing Champions League football, only on footy manager lad.

David Dunn, sh*t player from start to finish. Why people thought he'd be an England regular I don't know.

Johan Elmander, what has he done for Bolton? Waste of space, especially for the money he cost.

David Nugent, embarrassment to Scousers. Makes a show of himself every time he plays in the Premiership. Championship player only.

Ashley Cole, can't defend to save his life. Isn't even great at going forward. Best left back in the world? Not a chance.

Steven Pienaar, how he got into the Merseyside XI last year I don't know.

Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamoa, I can't separate these two because they're the most overrated strike force in England. Neither are good enough for the Prem.

Stephen Hunt, like McFadden more overrated by himself than anybody. Good player but the way he carries on you'd think he was as good as Barnes in his prime.

Gareth Barry, sh*t player, end of.

Dmiritar Berbatov, lazy c**t who had one good year with Spurs then thought he was the bees knees.

David James, he wasn't known as Calamity for nothing. Still constantly makes cock ups and people class him as one of the best keepers in the land.

James Beattie, a bit like David Dunn. Why people expected him to be an England regular is beyond me, big tub of lard who doesn't score enough.

Kenwyne Jones, looked good for Southampton and a good start with Sunderland but now looks out of his depth and people still think he's a European class player.

Tom Huddlestone, sh*t, end of.

Matt Upson, good player but nothing more. Certainly not good enough for England or a top four club but people put him up there as one of the best in the league.

Jason Koumas, all hype at Tranmere, since moving up to the Premiership hasn't delivered.

Matt Murray, how people thought he'd be England's number one is another that I can't quite grasp.
      martinlfc199
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #63: Sep 04, 2009 03:22:11 am
      I'd have to say Gary Neville .... a game last season he replaced i think maybe Vidic and i remember (it may have been jamie redknapp) saying he was a world class defender how he gets in an attakers face and the way he taunts them and basically trys puttin people off with his constant yappa well the display he then followed to give, gave me the impression he was just harassing players for their phone numbers and just slumping out the way like a useless bole o porridge ..... beside that its not the 1st time ive heard him hiped up and ive never seen anything special from the manc reject.

Quick Reply