Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Overrated players (Non-LFC)

Read 9220 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 616 posts | 11 
      Overrated players (Non-LFC)
      Aug 18, 2009 01:23:18 am
      Wayne Rooney
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2009 11:35:18 am by ayrton77 »
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Overrated players
      Reply #1: Aug 18, 2009 05:20:00 am

Totally agree with that one people think that's he's better than Torres ( I was like wtf) !

Petr Cech (he is no way better than Pepe)

John Terry ( he's get in contention for all awards no matter what when he is not that great )

Rio Ferdinand ( same reason as John Terry )

Ashley Cole ( don't like him , think he's over rated ...I think he's overrated because of his wife ...that's my guess )

Didier Drogba

Ricardo Quaresma
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009 01:31:11 am by MsGerrard »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Aug 18, 2009 06:47:01 am
      I wouldnt say Rooney is overrated - i think he's quality. They get up his arse as much as we get up Fernando's IMO.

Cristiano Ronaldo is F***ing overrated - 80m? Give me a break.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Aug 18, 2009 07:23:53 am
      Wayne Rooney isn't overrated. He's probably one of the quality English lads out there.

Cristiano Ronaldo is overrated. He disappears in most games. There are games where he didn't play well at all and yet still get on the score sheet.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #4: Aug 18, 2009 11:26:21 am
      Zlatan Ibrahimovic - a good player yes, but in no means the best striker in the world. How Inter got Eto'o and forty mil for him baffles me.

Cristiano Ronaldo - another good player but as said above, goes missing in games, he loses the ball an awful lot and 9/10 times can't really be arsed in trying to win it back. Was the best player in the world a couple of seasons ago, but IMO he will never repeat that kind of form.

Micah Richards - before glen, a few people were wanting him as the number one right back for England. Yes he is powerful and was quite fast at one point, but the trouble is his positioning, it really is awful. You couldn't really notice before because he had the speed to recover from it, but now he has become a lot slower and put on a lot of weight. Therefore is pretty damn sh*t now.

Rio Ferdinand/John Terry - ok players but nothing special, certainly not the best defenders in the world by a long shot. Especially Ferdinand, everyone says he is consistent but for a player of his 'calibre', he is extremely uneasy with the ball. If it wasn't for Vidic, Utd would be in the sh*t pan most of the time.

Gabby Agbonlahor - extremely fast player, but his finishing is shocking. Normally scores a few goals at the beginning of the season and then dies down.

Theo Walcott - some people may disagree with me on this one. Walcott is supposed to be a striker, yet rarely plays up front and has been put on the wing most games. For a striker his finishing is sh*t, yes even against Croatia when he got a hat-trick, none of the goals were superb, he just seemed to be there. I thought Walcott was going to be a fantastic player and i was expecting a lot more from him. Arsenal signed him when he was seventeen, he is now twenty and IMO hasn't really improved a great deal.

Francesco Totti - never been out of his comfort zone. At Roma, the team has basically been built round him, and I never quite understand why. He puts in average performances most games and rarely does anything special. Yet people who judge players on Fifa ratings seem to think he is 'world class'. No he is just an average player who hasn't got the balls to try the prem.

Robinho - For 32.5million I'd expect a lot more from him. He shows the occasional bit of magic yes, but is no way consistent. If Robinho gets put on his arse at the start of the game, it is guaranteed he won't get involved in the match and will just shy away. For 32.5 million that's a joke.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Re: Overrated players (Non-LFC)
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2009 01:51:53 pm
      Eric Cantona - Good in the Premiership. sh*te in Europe.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2009 04:46:17 pm
      For some reason, I don't rate Karim Benzema and Zlatan Ibrahimovic highly. Our Fernando Torres is much better!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2009 04:47:47 pm
      Benzema I rate pretty highly especially considering how young he his Zlatan however always seems to go missing in the big games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Aug 20, 2009 06:14:54 pm
      Ibrahimovich, Quaresma, Beckham, Gigs, Scholes, Berbaflop, Cahill.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 20, 2009 07:47:16 pm
      Francesco Totti - never been out of his comfort zone. At Roma, the team has basically been built round him, and I never quite understand why. He puts in average performances most games and rarely does anything special. Yet people who judge players on Fifa ratings seem to think he is 'world class'. No he is just an average player who hasn't got the balls to try the prem.
      Was contender for the European Golden Shoe for a few seasons in a row and he won it once.
      Also won the world cup with Italy.
      See more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Totti#Honours
      He also has about 230 goals in about 550 games.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2009 12:54:55 pm
      Was contender for the European Golden Shoe for a few seasons in a row and he won it once.
      Also won the world cup with Italy.
      See more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Totti#Honours
      He also has about 230 goals in about 550 games.

But he's never played for a big team..so he looks better than he is. As for winning the world cup, it wasn't down to him at all. In my opinion Italy shouldn't have won the world cup at all. It doesn't make someone a good player, just because there team has won the world cup. Kleberson has won the world cup, would you rate him highly?
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2009 01:08:58 pm
      To me it's admirable that someone like Totti stays at his club. I'm sure he's had the chance to go to other bigger clubs in his day. So he didn't leave his comfort zone, maybe he just loves the club and is loyal to it. I know, farfetched in today's football age isn't it. Let's say Liverpool, regardless of it's past, wouldn't be a top club at the moment. Wouldn't you admire Gerrard for staying anyway? I certainly wouldn't hold it against him. He's no Torres, but for italian standards he's a good striker.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2009 01:19:08 pm
      To me it's admirable that someone like Totti stays at his club. I'm sure he's had the chance to go to other bigger clubs in his day. Who says he stayed because he didn't want to leave his comfort zone? Maybe he just loves the club and is loyal to it. I know, farfetched in today's football age isn't it. Let's say Liverpool, regardless of it's past, wouldn't be a top club at the moment. Wouldn't you admire Gerrard for staying anyway? I certainly wouldn't hold it against him. He's no Torres, but for italian standards he's a great striker.

It's admirable to an extent yes. On the other hand if we were in a similar situation to Roma, i wouldn't blame Gerrard one bit if he left. I think the only people who would admire it would be the fans of the club, as they are obviously going to be biased and not want their players to leave.
      Nando's loyal to Atletico and everyone knows that. Yet he still came to further his career and become the best player he possibly could. Nando could of easily stayed in his comfort zone (captain of the team, prize possession of the club, (a similar situation to Totti)) but he chose not to, and that is my point, Totti has never wanted to leave his comfort zone.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2009 01:22:21 pm
      Roma is hardly a small club though they have been Champions League regulars over the last few years and have been right up there in the Serie A.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2009 01:27:01 pm
      Roma is hardly a small club though they have been Champions League regulars over the last few years and have been right up there in the Serie A.
      But people class Totti as one of the best.
      How many world class players play for Roma?
      If someone is classed as one of the best in the world would you not expect them to play for Real, Barca, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, AC Milan, Inter or some team of that calibre? I wouldn't say Roma are on par with any of those teams.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2009 01:33:12 pm
      He's like 32 years old, and still battling away as one of the finest players in Serie A.

People talk of him based on his past, too. Of course he's lost abit of his spark because of his age but still marvelous to watch.

People his age are sometimes perceived to be over rated because some talk of the player in question when they played in their hay day.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2009 01:35:15 pm
      All the teams you mentioned bar Bayern who only have Ribery (maybe for not much longer) would be considered to be of a higher quality yes. But just because he doesn't play at one of those clubs doesn't mean anything would you consider David Villa to be World Class? I would and he plays for Valencia who I dont exactly see winning any trophies lately.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2009 01:39:27 pm
      All the teams you mentioned bar Bayern who only have Ribery (maybe for not much longer) would be considered to be of a higher quality yes. But just because he doesn't play at one of those clubs doesn't mean anything would you consider David Villa to be World Class? I would and he plays for Valencia who I dont exactly see winning any trophies lately.
      Exactly! Hence why Villa will be going on to bigger and better things..and before you say he hasn't gone, it's inevitable he's going sooner or later.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2009 01:43:21 pm
      I wouldn't blame someone who left for a bigger club, but I'd still admire that player more if he'd stay at the club he loves. Roma has done great the last decade with Totti, they ended with the first two 6 times, which he obviously contributed to. And a team doesn't define a player's quality.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2009 01:47:12 pm
      I wouldn't blame someone who left for a bigger club, but I'd still admire that player more if he'd stay at the club he loves. Roma has done great the last decade with Totti, they ended with the first two 6 times, which he obviously contributed to. And a team doesn't define a player's quality.
      No a team doesn't, but if a player moves to a big club, they are going to have the players around them to help get the best out of themselves.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2009 01:49:24 pm
      No a team doesn't, but if a player moves to a big club, they are going to have the players around them to help get the best out of themselves.

Not necessarily, though mate. They built Roma around him for him to be comfortable and to get the best out of him and they have done that - hence his reputation.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 21, 2009 01:59:31 pm
      Not necessarily, though mate. They built Roma around him for him to be comfortable and to get the best out of him and they have done that - hence his reputation.
      But do you honestly think that he is a better player for staying at Roma, than he would be if he had gone to one of the previous teams mentioned? I know we'll never know but it's just a thought.
      I know if i had players like Zidane, Raul, Figo setting me up and finishing my passes every week, I'd feel more confident that my team is going to win with me getting the best out of my ability.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 21, 2009 02:07:55 pm
      Well, over the last couple of years, Roma have done better than Inter in the Champions League.
      Also, Totti's preffered position, trequartista, was only popular in Italy, so it made no sense to move.

Quick Reply