Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Arsene Wenger

Read 13619 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Arsene Wenger
      Reply #46: Apr 25, 2011 09:13:31 pm
      The fans are turning against him slowly but surely and I for one am loving it.

How I would love to see him get sacked and see who he blames then.

He'll be sweating like a Glaswegian postman come the end of the season.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #47: Apr 25, 2011 09:29:19 pm
      Saw a mate's mate talking on facebook about Wenger, he's an Arsenal fan so I understood he was passionate about the club, but when he's saying F**k off back to france you frog and take your sh*t players with you, gotta draw a line, pathetic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #48: Apr 25, 2011 09:42:35 pm
      Saw a mate's mate talking on facebook about Wenger, he's an Arsenal fan so I understood he was passionate about the club, but when he's saying F**k off back to france you frog and take your sh*t players with you, gotta draw a line, pathetic.

Sounds like some of our fans last season!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #49: Apr 25, 2011 09:46:36 pm
      Sounds like some of our fans last season!!

Hmmm, I won't lie and say I've not told a manager (Hodgson) or players (Poulsen, Konchesky etc) or owners (cu*ts) to F**k off but I don't like the racist part of it in any way.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #50: Apr 25, 2011 10:06:54 pm
      this is all looking good for us,they"re going to implode and lose their best to spain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Apr 25, 2011 10:45:42 pm
      Benitez to Arsenal ????
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #52: Apr 25, 2011 10:51:40 pm
      Anyone would think it is our god given right to win a trophy or more every season , the fans callin for his head have got it all wrong methinks . I've only followed The Arsenal since around 1988 , but i know our history and we've gone a lot , lot longer than 6 fucken years without some silverware . It's worth remembering what Wenger has achieved with my beloved club ...

15 years in the top 4 . The only club to be in the Champions League for 15 consecutive years . Runner up in 2006 . Winning FA Premier League in 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04 Winning The FA Cup in 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05 Winning The FA Community Shield in 1998, 1999, 2002, and 2004! Being named The FA Premier League Manager of the... Year: 1998, 2002, and 2004! LMA Manager of the Year 2001–02, 2003–04! BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2002, 2004! Awarded The Freedom of Islington: 2004! FWA Tribute Award 2005! English Football Hall of Fame 2006! World Coach of the Decade! A win percentage of 57.18 over 15 years! Went through the whole 2003/04 season unbeaten and set a world record of 49 unbeaten run!

Would youstill sake this man?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Apr 25, 2011 10:57:05 pm
      All that means nothing if he never wins anything else with you though. He needs to spend some money or he should be out the door, simple. He's been re-building for years now and you've never really come close. Lacking backbone, players like Adams and Viera.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #54: Apr 25, 2011 11:23:25 pm
      Saw a mate's mate talking on facebook about Wenger, he's an Arsenal fan so I understood he was passionate about the club, but when he's saying f**k off back to france you frog and take your sh*t players with you, gotta draw a line, pathetic.

That is pathetic.

He has been a good manager for them in the past and has brought trophies to Arsenal but to say things like that is ridiculous.

I've been highly critical of Wenger for a while now mainly because I believe he has got a very easy time from his own fans, the media and football fans in general who seem to buy into the Wenger myth.

The fact is he hasn't won a single trophy in nearly 7 years and our own former manager was criticised almost from the moment he arrived and he managed to deliver a European Cup, Super Cup, FA Cup and another final with our highest league position in years in the time since Wenger won his last trophy.

It is time people started to look at his record more closely and realise that as well as bringing youth through his job is to win trophies for Arsenal Football Club, and he hasn't done that for a long time now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,144 posts | 3383 
      Reply #55: Apr 25, 2011 11:42:19 pm
      Can't stand Wenger.

Never known a fella so far up his own arse as Mr Wenger is. Overhyped and overrated massively. Six years without a trophy is a disgrace for a so called big club. But because Wenger keeps telling everybody his middle aged kids will come good and they play pretty football, he gets away with winning nothing.

If he had any respect for the club that have stuck by him with thick and thin, by going out and buying a top class keeper, top class centre half and an out and out centre forward. He's also gotta grow a pair and buy a few players prepared to put their foot in as success is judged on trophies not the fancy football you play.

He's gotta stop telling everybody that players hitting their mid 20s are kids. They're not especially when they've been in the team for six or seven years meaning their F***ing experienced first team players. I heard the other day somebody calling Leon Osman a veteran yet people of the same age at Arsenal are still young.

And he's gotta stop being one whinging c**t thinking the entire world has it in for poor old Arsenal. People don't like Arsenal for their cheating and their constant complaining if a side doesn't play to Arsenal's strengths. Then you get Wenger complaining that a played breathed on one of Arsenal's players but he didn't see the nasty tackle one of his players done.

Unless he changes his ways, Arsenal won't do F**k all under Wenger. He's too F***ing stubborn to change and it'll cost Arsenal year upon year upon year. They F**k up at the end of the every year because they don't have any fight in them.

Remember Wenger's interview before the League Cup final saying they were going for the quadruple, now look at them - F**k all AGAIN. Love watching that French c**t fail.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #56: Apr 25, 2011 11:44:57 pm
      I thought you might be on here DLS.

Have to say I totally agree and Wenger has got such an easy ride over the last few years.

Once he actually had to build a team and in particular a defence himself then we have seen that he hasn't really got what it takes.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,144 posts | 3383 
      Reply #57: Apr 25, 2011 11:53:06 pm
      I thought you might be on here DLS.

Have to say I totally agree and Wenger has got such an easy ride over the last few years.

Once he actually had to build a team and in particular a defence himself then we have seen that he hasn't really got what it takes.

Won't be in this thread for long mate, said what I think of him. That'll do for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #58: Apr 26, 2011 01:23:48 am
      Hmmm, I won't lie and say I've not told a manager (Hodgson) or players (Poulsen, Konchesky etc) or owners (cu*ts) to F**k off but I don't like the racist part of it in any way.

I wasn't even referring to Project Owl.

"Fat Spanish c**t" I heard on more than a few occasions last season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #59: Apr 26, 2011 01:27:17 am
      "Fat Spanish C**t" I heard on more than a few occasions last season.

Depressing that some of our own fans stooped to this level.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #60: Apr 26, 2011 01:28:13 am
      Whilst it's not an ideal situation to be trophyless for 6+ years , i still have to ask . Are we entitled to win a trophy or 2 year in year out ? It is not a god given right . I don't know the situation regarding what funds are available to Wenger but i find it hard to believe that Wenger has had the funds to buy and he says "no F**k that , i want to do it my way"

It's the players who throw away a 4 goal lead at Newcastle , it's the players who can't defend against set pieces , it's the players who F**k around in the box and try to pass it into the net or miss altogether .

The scum have been down 2 goals three times this year and came away with 7 points from those 3 games . Therein lies the problem , we don't have the heart/balls to grind out a win like that .

I'm happy to give Wenger another season and see how he goes in the transfer market with a rumoured 50 million to spend . If he doesn't get rid of some of the deadwood and buy quality players , then maybe i'll consider calling for his head . Sure he has his shortcomings , but overall i still think he is the best manager for Arsenal .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #61: Apr 26, 2011 01:33:21 am
      It's the players who throw away a 4 goal lead at Newcastle , it's the players who can't defend against set pieces , it's the players who f**k around in the box and try to pass it into the net or miss altogether .

It's still Wenger who buys and coaches these players and in my opinion he never addresses the weaknesses in the squad and relies on the 'kids' and responsible spending to hide the fact Arsenal don't win trophies anymore.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 26, 2011 11:52:09 am
      He is becoming a joke if you ask me! Like you lot have been saying he needs to actually buy some decent players rather than saying his team will come of age!! He said again after bolton that the team has trophies in them! It seems to me that everyone associated with the club who have given him time and understanding in the past years have now lost patience with him and seriously questioning him as a manager! The likes of Paul Merson and Lee Dixon have all been slagging him off! 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,526 posts | 3464 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #63: Apr 26, 2011 11:57:12 am
      They say there's a fine line between genius and madness and I think Arsene is definitely headed in the direction of madness. His biggest strength in terms of his focus and single mindedness is now his major weakness. He needs a stronger number 2 and to be more open minded and less stubborn. People keep comparing Arsenal and Barcelona but compare him to thw way Guardiola reacted after the cup final, he didn't like losing but he accepted it. The most important thing is he needs better players.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #64: Apr 26, 2011 01:19:57 pm
      They say there's a fine line between genius and madness and I think Arsene is definitely headed in the direction of madness. His biggest strength in terms of his focus and single mindedness is now his major weakness. He needs a stronger number 2 and to be more open minded and less stubborn. People keep comparing Arsenal and Barcelona but compare him to thw way Guardiola reacted after the cup final, he didn't like losing but he accepted it. The most important thing is he needs better players.

The number two who has been there for F***ing donkeys years you mean and played for Arsenal too.

I think he's still a good manager and does now seem to be copping the flak in the media that was once reserved for Rafa.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #65: Apr 26, 2011 03:13:30 pm
      Arsene should break the bank to get Masch off the Barca bench (or someone similar) to add the grit that his team blatantly needs. I've no doubt they'd be stronger for it.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #66: Apr 26, 2011 05:32:18 pm
      Arsene should break the bank to get Masch off the Barca bench (or someone similar) to add the grit that his team blatantly needs. I've no doubt they'd be stronger for it.

Not a bad call at all actually. Masch would do well for them, even if he can't pass properly.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #67: Apr 26, 2011 05:33:41 pm
      Was saying this to a arsenal fan at work,that they should do a swap with barca masch +10mill for fabregas,then get a big hairy arsed centre half like ooo chris samba and a big target striker and with the pace and width theyve got they should be a lot stronger and less lightweight.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #68: Apr 28, 2011 02:36:08 am
      I think he's lost the plot this season.  Three years ago he was telling the press his young team would be able to beat anyone.  Three years on it hasn't come true so he's obviously peeved.  I also think, he thinks his side are as good as Barca and have some divine right to silverware.  They are not Barca.  There are too many lightweights in this current Arsenal side.

It's interesting looking at his stats over the years.  If you take the period when Rafa was with us, Rafa won more (obviously) AND finished above Arsenal three times out of six, but Rafa was the one that had to leave. 

Quick Reply