Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Phone cuts out PS3 Network

Read 1532 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Phone cuts out PS3 Network
      Sep 02, 2009 06:09:45 pm
      Basically, whenever the phone rings, either the internet will cut out or the connection for the game I'm playing online on the PS3 will be lost.

As you can imagine this is really annoying.

Anybody know why this is, and is there anything that can be done to prevent it?

I have wireless internet (Belkin) and a cordless phone which can be anywhere in the house.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Phone cuts out PS3 Network
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2009 10:11:53 pm
      Are you playing hard wired ? Or wirelessley ?, I would imagine it may be a problem with your router or filters as I've had a similar problem myself in the past. I rectified it by unplugging my router (your belkin wireless) and all filters etc from phone sockets...I changed my Filters pluagged everything back into my Router powered it up and have had no problems since.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2009 10:55:51 pm
      Either

a) your filters are knackered
      b) you don't have filters on all your sockets
      c) your router isn't connected to the first phone socket in your house from outdoors
      d) you have got a lot of noise on your line and your ADSL+ has been configured for maximum speed and not stability
      e) the frequency of your cordless phone is the same as your router.  (if it is affecting a wireless connection not a wired one)

You need to find out if it is the internet that is being knocked off or just the connection to the router. Check the lights on the router. If the internet light is still on then it's the cordless phone.

Get a N-router.

That is all.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2009 11:00:09 pm
      Ross's next question:

JD, can you come round to mine if I buy you a half?

JD's answer: Yes. (a half is a half).
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2009 11:02:55 pm
      Thanks very much for your help.

However I don't really know what I'm doing, I was hoping it would be something I could sort myself but I guess not.

Think I'll wait for my Dad to do it!

Quick Reply