Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

NFL & College Football

Read 247394 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: NFL & College Football 09/10
      Reply #161: Jan 26, 2010 02:26:30 am
      Damn Jets ,, so close

Saints and Indy

Both great offenses, Colts defense big edge

I hope the Saints win but I think Indy wins 31-21

And I Hate Peyton Manning with a passion

I dont know about this one. Both teams have the ability to just score like crazy, but they both have solid Defense, good backfields.

I have no idea.  It can be 45-48 or 7-10.  When you have the 2 best teams in the league in the Superbowl. 2 teams with top ranked Offenses and Defenses.  Both teams have the ability to stop the rush and pass and both teams can score like crazy.  Its going to be an Insane game.  I feel sorry for the Vegas bookies who need to lay the betting lines.

LFCbronx...Please, dont worry. You have a rookie QB who went to the AFC Championship, a top ranked running game, a top 5 defense and Offensive line. Solid WR's and RB's.  They'll get rid of Thomas Jones and add some beef on D and easily make the playoffs again.   I wish my team had your problems.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #162: Jan 26, 2010 03:32:18 pm
      The only plus of the Jets not getting to the Superbowl is that I'll have a good nights sleep.  :'(
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #163: Jan 28, 2010 05:12:05 am
      Now we get another 9 months of Favre "Is he or Isn't he" retiring news.  Oh boy cant wait.

As usual, Favre throws an Interception just outside Field Goal range to lose the game.  Sound familiar?  Funny thing, when he threw that Int against the Saints, he had room to run an extra 15 yds and get out of bounds w/ 2-3 seconds left. Which would of put them in Field Goal range and the Vikings would be going to Miami Instead of N.O.   Same thing in GB against the Giants.  Throws an Interception just outside the red zone in Overtime. Lose the game.  Favre has 30 Playoff Interceptions and 11 Playoff losses.  He won (1) Superbowl in 19 seasons.

His records and greatness are based on longevity, thats it.  He is fortunate enough to stay healthy and is able to play for 19 seasons, which is why he has the records for Yards,completions and passes. 

But no one ever talks about how many games he lost by throwing dumb Interceptions.  The Saints game is a perfect example.  4th qtr, Tie game. Ball on the 42, 17 seconds on the clock, he scrambles into open field, not even covered and instead of taking the ball running for 15 yds and getting out of bounds around the 30 yd line, and kicking a FG with 6 seconds on the clock. He scrambles and throws "across his body", a rookie mistake, into the middle of 6 Saints back on D, with no line of sight to the receiver.  Watch the replay.

2002...Playoffs.  (6) Interceptions  3 returned for TD's.  Lose to Rams
      2003...Playoffs.  Last (2) possesions  Interception and Fumble.  Lose to Falcons
      2004...Playoffs.  Last Pass.. Interception. Lose to Eagles.
      2008...NFC Championship..Overtime.  Interception.  Lose to Giants
      2009...NFC Championship...Intercept ion...Lose to Saints

Favre Chokes. Will he go to Hall Of Fame.  Certainly.   Is he an all time great?   No.   Records don't make greatness, rings and Championships do.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #164: Jan 28, 2010 05:53:05 am
      Which is why Brady rules ;) ;D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #165: Jan 28, 2010 02:00:42 pm

Quiet, you!  >:D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #166: Jan 28, 2010 08:39:53 pm

When Buffalo win the Superbowl next, ill shut up.

So it might be awhile >:D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #167: Jan 28, 2010 09:12:28 pm
      When Buffalo win the Superbowl next, ill shut up.

So it might be awhile >:D

You f**ker!  :D
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #168: Jan 28, 2010 11:45:12 pm

LFCbronx...Please, dont worry. You have a rookie QB who went to the AFC Championship, a top ranked running game, a top 5 defense and Offensive line. Solid WR's and RB's.  They'll get rid of Thomas Jones and add some beef on D and easily make the playoffs again.   I wish my team had your problems.

YANK - Just to clear things up, I really like the Jets, my dad's got season tix, I go alot. But my #1 is the Cowboys , Ive got season tix in Dallas ( i live in NY). Usually get down there 3-4 times a year. We got crushed by Minny , embarassing, but still ...............

"We won it five times"    like LFC   ;)

Cheers

P.S.   Bet the Colts , Saints made it cause Minny "choked" . Fumbles inside the red zone, 5 turnovers , a Farve brainfart on the last play, and a bullshit interference in OT. Saints were fortunate , they gave up almost 500 yds of offense.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #169: Jan 29, 2010 12:39:29 am
      Colts D is certainly better than the Saints D.  But, If N.O get the Offense going early they can make a game of it.  No doubt Manning is the best QB in the game. But, If he gets rattled early and the Saints D can get him off his game a little they can win.

It usually takes Manning a little time to get his game going.  If the Saints can just Pound Manning, like they did Favre, they can win.  You put Manning on his back and out of his comfort zone than he plays poorly.  If the Colts Offensive line holds, then the Colts win.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #170: Feb 05, 2010 06:56:18 pm
      May try and watch the Superbowl as its on BBC1 and off on Monday.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #171: Feb 05, 2010 08:45:26 pm
      Saints gotta get into the Colts at the 1st opportunity, real pressure on
      Colts just gotta stick to their game plan, relax and do what they do

Will be a great game come Sunday
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #172: Feb 06, 2010 01:09:47 am
      Going to a party for this, be my first one here in the USA.

Colts can go F**k themselves, really hope Saints pull this one out!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #173: Feb 06, 2010 06:36:21 am
      A friend of mine phoned me earlier to call me to watch the SB at his home, drinking beer and eating hamburger (in his case, I'm eating something else as I'm vegetarian). He said "I wanna watch it like an american" :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #174: Feb 06, 2010 06:44:47 am
      A friend of mine phoned me earlier to call me to watch the SB at his home, drinking beer and eating hamburger (in his case, I'm eating something else as I'm vegetarian). He said "I wanna watch it like an american" :D

That's what i have done the last few years back in Australia, even though its on at 10am there :D

Looking forward to seeing it true yank style this year!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #175: Feb 06, 2010 09:14:40 pm
      The Little Lady says I can watch this, so damn it I'm going too. Whiskey and RedBull, and sh*t food here I come.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #176: Feb 07, 2010 12:41:16 am
      The Little Lady says I can watch this, so damn it I'm going too. Whiskey and RedBull, and Sh*t food here I come.....

Get in! Nice work :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #177: Feb 07, 2010 01:30:07 am
      Will watch a bit of this tomorrow night, also looking forward to the half-time show with The Who!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #178: Feb 07, 2010 01:32:45 am
      Will watch a bit of this tomorrow night, also looking forward to the half-time show with The Who!

Can't wait for that!!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #179: Feb 07, 2010 02:24:43 am
      Going to a party for this, be my first one here in the USA.

The meathead qoutient should be off the charts!! The male species watching anything masculine in this country gets such a  high from the comraderie .. may I suggest some mildly threstening comments like "I likw their costumes" stress on costumes, etc.. I left the neighborhood I grw up on bc the knuckleheads weee sinking the shoip. Thanks Englnd for making your puritan nutjobs hate their lives so much that they feltr the need to sail acrois  the sea and ruin a perfectly good piece of real estate. :D

GO Saints btw. I like both teams..Peyton is grwat but the wife's family is cajun. And NO is one F***ing kickass party town!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #180: Feb 07, 2010 02:36:32 am
      The meathead qoutient should be off the charts!! The male species watching anything masculine in this country gets such a  high from the comraderie .. may I suggest some mildly threstening comments like "I likw their costumes" stress on costumes, etc.. I left the neighborhood I grw up on bc the knuckleheads weee sinking the shoip. Thanks Englnd for making your puritan nutjobs hate their lives so much that they feltr the need to sail acrois  the sea and ruin a perfectly good piece of real estate. :D

You having a quality night, cos some of your posts have been F***ing funny!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #181: Feb 07, 2010 02:44:18 am

GO Saints btw. I like both teams..Peyton is grwat but the wife's family is cajun. And NO is one f**king kickass party town!!

Mate you are F***ing hilarious tonight! :D

Go Saints!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #182: Feb 07, 2010 03:03:15 am
      Mate you are F***ing hilarious tonight! :D

Go Saints!!

You and BR have a good day tomorrow!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #183: Feb 07, 2010 03:05:35 am
      You having a quality night, cos some of your posts have been f**king funny!
       Wait til I land on YOUR shores. It's all over then!!

EDIT: Coming with bigv!! 

Quick Reply