Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NFL & College Football

Read 245645 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: NFL & College Football 09/10
      Reply #138: Jan 18, 2010 06:14:20 pm
      ^^ I was wondering where you were :D Great game by the Jets, shut down the hottest team in the league probably.

Man im in playoff fever, ive watched every game bar half of one of last weekends :D

I was in Bed! 13 hr shift Sun and today Monday. So I needed my sleep. Managed to get to just after half time when it was 7-3, and tentatively looked at the score first thing when I got up!

Been smiling for most of the day.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #139: Jan 22, 2010 07:42:42 am
      I know you're sweet on Tom Brady, but don't you think it is time we faced the harsh reality that Brady has seen better days and needs to take more of a player/coach role in trying to prepare Brian Hoyer for the inevitable. I think Brian Hoyer showed great promise and maturity in the couple games that he played in. This scenario is reminiscent of the Bledsoe/Brady passing of the torch back in 2001. I know you will dismiss this as some crazy off-the-wall suggestion but you can't deny the facts as they exist.
      Joe Dussi

What facts are those, Joe? The fact that Brady threw for more yards this season than all but one other year of his career? The fact that we’re “sweet on” him, just as the rest of the football world is in electing him to the Pro Bowl? The fact that he finished in the top five in the NFL in attempts, completions and yards, in the top 10 in completion percentage, touchdowns and passer rating? The fact that coming off missing a season to a major knee injury he led his team to the No. 3 seed in the AFC? And what have you seen from Hoyer to lead you to believe he’s the answer at QB? You are right about one thing, I am dismissing this email as a crazy, off-the-wall suggestion. This email is much worse than the guy who wanted to ship Brady home to San Francisco or Oakland for a couple first-round picks. At least that brings something in return. You just want to put him out to pasture as a player/coach. Unbelievable! Would you rather have Trent Edwards? Chad Henne? Mark Sanchez? Those are just the other quarterbacks in the division, never mind the rest of the lot of lackluster passers that have starting jobs around the NFL. Come on, Joe, you’re better than that.
      Andy Hart

This email and subsequent response was a part of a mail in and response thing on the Patriots website. Love how Andy shuts this guy down, truly was a ludicrous email to think that. Brady had a terrific year considering he was coming back after a season out, and is hardly a spent force. I think Favre is proof that if you have got talent and passion, you can go on for a while yet! Same with Kurt Warner.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #140: Jan 22, 2010 10:44:18 pm
      I've been an american football fan since 2007 when I watchedthe giants v patriots in the patriots 16-0 season I saw the regular season game which was the last game of the season. This game made a giants fan and their superbowl win was brilliant that season. In 2008 my intrest dropped but sonce my trip to orlando last christams I've become hooked. Personally I hope the vikings win the superbowl as I think brett favre deserves it as I think I'm right in saying he's never won the superbowl. Real shame that kurt warner might be retering after that hit he took in the playoffs as he's a good QB. I also think that the vikings will win as the teamof Favre and Peterson will win it for them.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #141: Jan 22, 2010 11:05:27 pm
      ^^ Favre actually does have one Superbowl win, in 1997 over the Patriots.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #142: Jan 24, 2010 07:10:35 pm
      Not long now! Come on Jets.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #143: Jan 24, 2010 08:47:48 pm
      What a TD by the Jets!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #144: Jan 24, 2010 09:11:34 pm
      Another Jets TD!! Wow, Sanchez has had some issues this year but he is coming up big so far this game. Under pressure but still throwing like a seasoned pro.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #145: Jan 24, 2010 09:18:41 pm
      You got a stream for this mate? I REALLY want to watch haha
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #146: Jan 24, 2010 09:24:27 pm
      Nar im watching it live on TV since im in the US so dont know anything about a stream sorry!

Do you have sky sports? Because im pretty sure its meant to be on TV there.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #147: Jan 24, 2010 09:27:02 pm
      Yeah it is, but dad's got 24 on :-[
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #148: Jan 24, 2010 09:34:54 pm
      Ah sh*t. Well its half time now so ya got time to find a stream, or kick the old man out ;)

17-13 to the Jets at half time, gonna be a good second half i think!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #149: Jan 24, 2010 09:36:05 pm
      :lmao: i'll try get him to put it on after 24 i guess :)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #150: Jan 25, 2010 12:19:19 am
      Vikings 14-7 up at the Saints...I have ÂŁ10 on Vikings for the Superbowl.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #151: Jan 25, 2010 02:17:04 am
      Vikings 14-7 up at the Saints...I have ÂŁ10 on Vikings for the Superbowl.

Favre getting injured must not have made ya too happy! Back out, but how it will affect him remains to be seen..
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #152: Jan 25, 2010 03:34:43 am
      One of the first times that the 2 best teams in the league are going to the Superbowl. 

IMO..Its going to be a high scoring shoot-out. Brees vs Manning. The O/U on total points has to be 60+ Points. Those 2 offenses are going to rack up the TD's.

Cool. Its actually a Superbowl I am really looking forward too.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #153: Jan 25, 2010 03:35:54 am
      So its Saints v Colts for the Superbowl! For me, its go the Saints. Do not wanna see Peyton lift that trophy!

EDIT: Same, YANK. Gonna be a great game i think!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #154: Jan 25, 2010 05:18:09 pm
      Dissapointed with the vikings loss. Who does everyone want to win the superbowl I'm going for the colts.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #155: Jan 25, 2010 05:23:06 pm
      Prefer the Saints to win
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #156: Jan 25, 2010 05:24:06 pm
      Favre getting injured must not have made ya too happy! Back out, but how it will affect him remains to be seen..

Yeah mate, Favre deserved to win the Superbowl again. You could see in the 1st half that he was going to be taken off because the Saints defence was nailing him every time he was taking time to throw the damn ball.

I would like the Colts to win the Superbowl now because unlike others, I like Peyton Manning but my god do I gate Eli Manning, He is like Gary Neville.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #157: Jan 25, 2010 05:35:38 pm
      Yeah mate, Favre deserved to win the Superbowl again. You could see in the 1st half that he was going to be taken off because the Saints defence was nailing him every time he was taking time to throw the damn ball.

I would like the Colts to win the Superbowl now because unlike others, I like Peyton Manning but my god do I gate Eli Manning, He is like Gary Neville.
      Being a giants fan I like eli but I have only been a big fan of american football for a few months so I don't know who's hated and who's liked.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #158: Jan 25, 2010 05:48:10 pm
      Go the Saints! I really do not wanna see the Colts win, Peyton can deal with having just one championship ring for the decade, leaving Brady as the undisputed king of the decade.

After everything the Saints have gone through after Katrina as well, would be a fairytale ending. And i like Drew Brees, seems like a cool bloke.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #159: Jan 25, 2010 05:49:22 pm
      Go the Saints! I really do not wanna see the Colts win, Peyton can deal with having just one championship ring for the decade, leaving Brady as the undisputed king of the decade.

After everything the Saints have gone through after Katrina as well, would be a fairytale ending. And I like Drew Brees, seems like a cool bloke.
      Precisely my view mate :P
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #160: Jan 25, 2010 11:24:00 pm
      Damn Jets ,, so close

Saints and Indy

Both great offenses, Colts defense big edge

I hope the Saints win but I think Indy wins 31-21

And I Hate Peyton Manning with a passion

Quick Reply