Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

NFL & College Football

Read 249038 times
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #1840: Feb 04, 2013 02:55:37 am
      28 - 23 gripping
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #1841: Feb 04, 2013 02:56:44 am
      31 -23
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1842: Feb 04, 2013 11:01:13 am
      Jeez that was close in the end, loved the bit when the 49'ers coach went mental and threw his clipboard.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1843: Jun 26, 2013 06:30:42 pm
      Aaron Hernandez arrested and released by the Patriots following a murder investigation. Not sure what the charge is yet, but not looking good for him. Such a waste of talent, at just 23 he is a top 5 TE and does something stupid like this. He will be arraigned at 7pm BST.

RIP to the victim.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1844: Jun 26, 2013 07:51:39 pm
      Charged with murder, did not see that coming.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #1845: Jun 26, 2013 08:22:30 pm
      Charged with murder, did not see that coming.
      I know!  :o  I was expecting him to have drugs in his home, or he was at worst making an alibi for one of his friends. Unbelievable. 
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1846: Jun 27, 2013 02:29:55 am
      Aaron Hernandez arrested and released by the Patriots following a murder investigation. Not sure what the charge is yet, but not looking good for him. Such a waste of talent, at just 23 he is a top 5 TE and does something stupid like this. He will be arraigned at 7pm BST.

RIP to the victim.
      Dude gave me some mad points in FF 2 years ago.  Any bets on whether Tebow will back up Gronk.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1847: Jun 27, 2013 02:38:34 am
      Dude gave me some mad points in FF 2 years ago.  Any bets on whether Tebow will back up Gronk.
      Gronk will be lucky to play at the start of the season with all his injury issues.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #1848: Jun 27, 2013 06:41:51 am
      Crazy story. This kid was a starting TE on a top 5 team. He went to a Super Bowl, AFC Championship, Pro Bowl...How do you piss that away?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1849: Jun 27, 2013 11:47:05 am
      I used to really like Hernandez. Now all I want is justice. Maybe send him to the Jets  :f_tongueincheek:
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1850: Jun 27, 2013 02:15:38 pm
      I used to really like Hernandez. Now all I want is justice. Maybe send him to the Jets  :f_tongueincheek:

We can't afford another year of being the circus/laughing stock of the NFL.  :-\

But really a shocking story. He had everything he could've asked for, all of my friends that are Pats fans loved him, shame to see someone throw it all away like that. Sometimes these athletes feel like they're just above the law as they let the money and fame get to their head.

As for the questions of Tebow backing up Gronk, I think so. They've got two QB's who are better than Tebow already and Gronk will likely start the season. Think Tebow will definitely get slotted into TE.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1851: Jun 27, 2013 02:29:07 pm
      We can't afford another year of being the circus/laughing stock of the NFL.  :-\

But really a shocking story. He had everything he could've asked for, all of my friends that are Pats fans loved him, shame to see someone throw it all away like that. Sometimes these athletes feel like they're just above the law as they let the money and fame get to their head.

Thing is, I think he's had a history of "thuggish" behavior and if I were to speculate...I'd say he's got gang or mob connections and something caught up with him.

I bet as this trial plays out there will be even more shocking news come out.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1852: Jun 27, 2013 04:09:50 pm
      Thing is, I think he's had a history of "thuggish" behavior and if I were to speculate...I'd say he's got gang or mob connections and something caught up with him.

I bet as this trial plays out there will be even more shocking news come out.

Oh wow don't know much about the case but if that's true then this could get real interesting. Wouldn't surprise me though. Definitely saw that in him when I saw the picture of him when he was taken from his home, looked like he knew he was guilty and didn't even care.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1853: Jun 27, 2013 04:22:26 pm

:lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1854: Jun 27, 2013 04:33:23 pm
      Oh wow don't know much about the case but if that's true then this could get real interesting. Wouldn't surprise me though. Definitely saw that in him when I saw the picture of him when he was taken from his home, looked like he knew he was guilty and didn't even care.

He'd apparnetly had an incident awhile back where a guy is suing him for shooting him in the arm (and then the bullet somehow went into his head?), and there was another incident of him leaving a bar near Brown University and someone following him and the police had to be called. Didn't sound like your typical stalker type of situation.

If I were a betting man I'd put money on him having gang ties.

And you are right, he didn't even seem to show any emotion at the prospect of going away for life.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #1855: Jun 28, 2013 12:04:28 am

As for the questions of Tebow backing up Gronk, I think so. They've got two QB's who are better than Tebow already and Gronk will likely start the season. Think Tebow will definitely get slotted into TE.
      This is icertainly Tebows last chance. He needs to give up on the QB dream and realize he aint got it, for the NFL. He has the perfect size, hands and speed for a TE. If he can suck it up and come to that realization he could end up with an NFL career.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #1856: Jun 28, 2013 12:44:21 am
      He'd apparnetly had an incident awhile back where a guy is suing him for shooting him in the arm (and then the bullet somehow went into his head?), and there was another incident of him leaving a bar near Brown University and someone following him and the police had to be called. Didn't sound like your typical stalker type of situation.

If I were a betting man I'd put money on him having gang ties.

And you are right, he didn't even seem to show any emotion at the prospect of going away for life.

True about his past.  Thug in high school. Thug in University.  Thug in life.  If not for football , he'd probably be in jail by now anyway. 

Don't think it's gang related.  Allegedly the guy he killed , his "friend" , was a witness to an un-solved double murder in 2012.  Possibly involving Hernandez. That's my take. 

If it's true, it's adios amigo.  Never see this guy again. 

Just another reason why I care less and less about the NFL every year.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1857: Jul 22, 2013 02:16:46 am
      Training camp opened today for the Cowboys and already an injury. Possible achilles tear for Tyrone Crawford. This was supposed to be a big year for him. The Wade Phillips curse is alive and well.  :mad:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1858: Aug 25, 2013 06:22:11 pm
      Nice win for the JETS against their neighbours, in their 3rd pre-season game.

That's 2-1-0 so far, next up The Eagles, surely we can beat a group of ageing Californian hippies.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1859: Aug 25, 2013 07:29:31 pm

That's 2-1-0 so far, next up The Eagles, surely we can beat a group of ageing Californian hippies.

Even though it's only the pre season, as a Cowboys fan I sure hope you kick the crap out of the Eagles. ;D
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #1860: Aug 26, 2013 12:36:14 pm
      Even though it's only the pre season, as a Cowboys fan I sure hope you kick the crap out of the Eagles. ;D

dont think there's too many NFL fans that would disagree with that statement, Philly is universally hated    haha
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #1861: Aug 27, 2013 12:05:38 am

Yeah but, they have no QB.  Sanchez is AWFUL, Geno Smith hasn't shown a thing either. Feel sorry for Jets fans. All they needed was a solid QB and they would of gone to the Super Bowl, instead they had a great Defense, great receivers, great run game and no QB. I dont understand how Ryan continues to use Sanchez. I dont get it. Now its too late. All that building and money spent and they have nothing to show for it.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #1862: Aug 27, 2013 02:11:30 pm

aaaaaaah, i see what u did there  :D   

Yeah but, they have no QB.  Sanchez is AWFUL, Geno Smith hasn't shown a thing either. Feel sorry for Jets fans. All they needed was a solid QB and they would of gone to the Super Bowl, instead they had a great Defense, great receivers, great run game and no QB. I dont understand how Ryan continues to use Sanchez. I dont get it. Now its too late. All that building and money spent and they have nothing to show for it.

I guess you don't know the REAL story.
       Waaaay back in 1968, when Broadway Joe Namath was slinging the ole pigskin around, the Jets actually made it to a Super Bowl.  But surely they couldn't beat the mighty Baltimore Colts. The Colts were favored to win by 18 points.
       A deal was made between Joe Namath and Satan himself.  Joe sold his soul to Satan, in return for winning that Bowl. Now, rumor has it, as long as Broadway Joe is still around, the Jets will never win again.
       But for now , the comedy act known as the NY Jets , will have no joy , no glory, no anything.   ;)

Quick Reply