Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

For Those Wanting To Go To The Fiorentina Game.

Read 4496 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      For Those Wanting To Go To The Fiorentina Game.
      Sep 09, 2009 04:17:54 pm
      Quote from: ROATL Site
      We've been approached - via the Italian press - by sources in the Police Force in Florence to gauge our response to several ideas they have about our trip there at the end of the month. Some of them seem fanciful, some unnecessary, and one or two you will not like.

That said, at least they are asking US - the travelling supporters - for our comments. Which has to be applauded. Hopefully we can open up some kind of real dialogue with the Florence police and ensure that we give them as little trouble as possible, and they in turn leave us alone to enjoy opurselves, enjoy the city, and support The Reds.

So - here we go. Please post your comments in this thread, and we'll take stock at the weekend. I'll post this also on one or two other sites. If you have log-ins on any other sites, please post it there and PM me so I can check on the responses.

I've asked SOS to also email this out direct to the membership as well.

All this stuff is also being discussed when Fiorentina, and the Florence police visit Anfield very soon. So I expect there'll be extra feedback and comment from that.

I've asked the FSF for their comments too.

Outside the scope of this, they have mentioned the idea of supporters meeting up for a drink / social 'do' / footy match the night before the game, all unofficial, but something the likes of Nigel Shaw has been doing for several years (and we ourselves have done one or two times).

So, here goes:

The Chief of Police in Florence wants to introduce a different way of policing in Italian football grounds. His basic point is this:

"We are going to cater to the needs of visiting supporters and treat them in a civil and welcoming way. We are going to tell them in advance what the rules are and given them all the support they need not to break the rules. If the rules are broken, we will keep you overnight and then charge you the next day, no exceptions. "

With this in mind, he has a whole bunch of ideas and measures he wants to implement. He has the funding and the backing to do it, but he obviously doesn't want to waste money on something that won't be used or isn't of interest to visiting supporters. Especially if there is something else he can do which, in fact, will help visiting fans.

Here are some of his suggestions. I'd be grateful if you could comment on them.

1. Hiring out the PalaMandela : It's a sports hall seating 1200 immediately adjacent to the stadium (and named for Nelson Mandela). He wants to reserve it for visiting Liverpool fans who might want some shelter, or rest or a shower. He'll have live music playing there in the hours before the game (any suggested bands - within reason - he says are welcome/also any type of
      music that LIverpool supporters may enjoy). At the PalaMandela there will be food, drink and a first aid station.

2. Pre-match Pasta Party :He wants to pay for some 2000 portions of pasta to be distributed among Liverpool supporters an hour or so before the game.

3. Free bottles of water at the match.

4. Shuttle buses running from the city centre to the stadium before and after the game.

5. A dedicated email and phone number (with an English-speaking operator). This will be given to Liverpool supporters and go straight through to the police. It is to be used if anybody is lost, needs directions, has had something stolen or broken, wants a lift to the game or into town and so on. It will go straight to the police, so he assures a quick response time. He is making this available both before and after the game, because he wants to know of any problems or complaints that Liverpool supporters might have.

6. Normally in cases of extreme drunkennes it's standard practice in Italy for an ambulance to be called and for the individual to be taken to the hospital, usually accompanied by the police. He fears that, if this is done, it might be seen as aggressive and confrontational by Liverpool supporters and he wants to avoid that. So he is considering setting up a fully-equipped medical tent at the stadium, so that drunk fans could be treated and checked immediately, without being led away from their mates. This is obviusly quite expensive and he would like to know if, in your opinion, it's worth doing.

7. ALCOHOL. He is leaning towards a ban on matchday. His main concern is that, in years past, when he has allowed alcohol, damage was done, in particular to city buses and public property. He is open to suggestions - one possibility is banning the sale in supermarkets, but allowing it in bars and restaurants, provided it is sold in plastic cups (he is concerned about broken glass). He says that, unlike Rome, if there is a ban, he will enforce it with hefty fines within the city limits.

8. He wants to make large quantities of non-alcoholic beer available at and around the ground.

9. Ticketing - this could be a problem and it could be outside his control, so he is asking for patience and understanding. Italian law requires nominal tickets, in other words your name must be on the ticket and you need to present a photo-document proving who you are.
      He is working on a system of vouchers that might make things easier for everyone, but he is very much open to suggestions. And he would be grateful if you could help explain the situation. Once the rules are made, he will be very inflexible on this point.

10. Basically, he wants to know of any other issues/concerns/ suggestions you or your members might have.

That's about it. Let me know your thoughts.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: For Those Wanting To Go To The Fiorentina Game.
      Reply #1: Sep 10, 2009 08:47:41 pm
      Can't believe I'm first to respond, But anyway, I think that is fantastic, Like going on a sort of holiday football package tour, Get off the plane and get to the sports hall, If you get stuck just phone the number and demand a lift, then you get your dinner after you've had a sh*t, shower and shave, have a few beers, If you get too pissed you can go for a wee lie down in the med tent, and of course watch our beloved LFC batter his team, I reckon this bloke's a closet scourer, sometimes you don't get that hospitality from your kin, Has to be commended tho in all honesty, Imagine it's your first time and your a tad apprehensive, It's comforting to know such help is out there, I for one welcome it and would hope Liverpool city council could return the compliment.

Wish i could afford to go, 'Sniff sniff'.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Sep 10, 2009 10:02:41 pm
      It's good to see that they're actively trying to help their own image after the treatment some fans have had over there.

Wouldn't mind the old Pasta Package (Package number 2). ;)

The Med tent makes it sound like Black Hawk Down. You reckon Leeds will put one on for us? :D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #3: Sep 11, 2009 02:59:11 am
      seems like good ideas.. visiting italy can be a hostile atmosphere, anything that stops a major incident, is welcome in my eyes. Also the medical tent, nobody wants to miss the game, because of a few too many beers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Sep 11, 2009 12:01:28 pm
      Great hospitality if you ask me. And a warning to any wankers who are looking for trouble.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #5: Sep 11, 2009 12:12:26 pm
      Some good points there. 

I don't think the Liverpool fans will be the problem.  They need to sort out their own.
      fabrixx
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 19, 2009 08:31:07 pm
      Hi, I'm a Fiorentina supporter, and I find this forum as a resoult of a google search.

I'm very excited to can see the great Liverpool at Florence woow   :clap:

This is a non good period for Fiorentina:  September 24 there is an important reunion and there is some issues whith team president about the new purple city project and the city administration...there is dismiss danger.. :(

One of the best players Gilardino was wrongly expelled whith Lion, but yesterday I have take my ticket  :) :)
      I have a dream......

I hope to see a great match, I'm excited to see all Liverpool champions, and I hope to go to Anfield in December...

Package nr 3: bistecca alla fiorentina  & lampredotto Package.

My tickets:

Ciao Ciao  :) :)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #7: Sep 21, 2009 04:47:49 pm
      Full Police Report For Fiorentina Away:

• Ticket allocation – how many, and at what prices? Which blocks in which stands?

Liverpool have been allocated a total of 2,600 tickets this fixture which includes a number of Sponsers. The bulk of the Liverpool supporters will be located in the South/ East stand, this houses a maximum of 2,432.. Access to the outside area of the stadium is via Gates P 12, and then a short walk to enter the stadium through turnstiles 13 and 14 Liverpool Club stewards will be at these locations to assist Liverpool supporters. There is no roof covering the away fans.

• Stadium opening times

It is anticipated that the turnstiles will be open 3 hours prior to the kick off, on entering through gate P12, the separation of supporters will be created by a large zonal interlocking fence. Stewards and Police control access through ticket checking and searching. Tickets will be checked to match allocation and identification. There will be English speaking Fiorentina Stewards as well as LFC stewards at the final turnstiles. Once inside the away section what is noticeable are the poor sight lines in the visitors section, marred by both fencing and Perspex type sheeting. You can not see the goalmouth from large areas ! which would encourage Liverpool fans to make to the upper areas which would undoubtedly lead to congestion and safety fears. THE CONDITIONS INSIDE THE STADIUM ARE POOR

• Security arrangements for entry – how many cordons and where? What actions expected at which cordon, eg ticket check, bag and body search?

Fiorentina have requested that relevant supporters details be included on each ticket and the authorities have indicated that the tickets will be checked accordingly. At the pre visit there was no talk of checks prior to arrival at the stadium but I am aware that when Everton played there 2 seasons back there were ticket checks carried out at a series of barriers.

• Prohibited items – in particular any departures from the usual UEFA guidelines: coins? Cameras?

Prohibited Items are similar to those in the UK. Flags without Poles are allowed.

• Transport to the ground – what are the recommended routes from the city centre etc? Is there any special match-day provision in addition to usual public transport? Is public transport free to ticket holders?

The stadium is close to the ‘Firenze Campo di Marte’ which is accessible from the city centre main station, ‘Santa Maria Novella., a number of buses, the 7, 17 or 20 will also take supporters to the stadium. We have been informed that at 08.00hrs on the day of the game a ‘Fans zone’ will be set up close to the Visiting Supporters Sector, close to the stadium. Part of the arrangements organised include ‘Free’ shuttle buses to and from the city centre to the Fans zone, this free service is scheduled to run from 10.00hrs to 19.00hrs, These buses can be found at the Mandela Forum, The Paizza Indipendenza and the Santa Maria Novella Central Train Station.

• Transport away from the ground – not such a silly question: what times are last trains and buses etc? Is travel still possible after extra time and penalties?

We have been informed that Liverpool supporters will be held back in the stadium for about 20 minutes (we anticipate that it may be longer ! ) Supporters on organised day trips will be collected by their coaches for a return journey back to the airport. We have been informed that both trains and buses will be available for supporters who wish to travel back to the city centre

• Facilities in and around the ground – are there bars or food outlets near the stadium? What’s available inside the ground itself?

Access to the toilet areas for both sectors is on ground level, males and females have to go below ground level by walking down/up a narrow concrete staircase. The signage is poor., The actual toilets are the Continental type ‘on the floor’, they are not the best in the world Refreshment facilities are available to. There are plenty of bars and food outlets in the area of the stadium

• Disabled facilities – what arrangements are made for fans with disabilities? Is there disabled parking at the ground?

Facilities are available and agreement was reached for 10 spaces plus 10 carers. Disabled supporters planning to travel to this event are advised to contact the Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association (LDSA) for advice. Write to LDSA Liverpool Community Department Bridge Chapel Centre Heath Road L19 4XR or e-mail colin.mccall@liverpoolfc.tv

• Fans without tickets – what provision, if any, is there for fans without tickets to watch the game? Any big screens? Is the game being televised locally, in bars etc?

As previously indicated the Authorities are planning on sighting a ‘Fans Zone’ for Liverpool fans near to the stadium. In addition to free transport to and from the city centre throughout the day, Facilities promised include English-speaking staff to assist Liverpool fans. Toilets, bars and food outlets. From 3.00pm a large screen will play music videos. From 18.00hrs we have been informed that ACF Fiorentina will provide free food and water to Liverpool fans. Outside the ‘Fans Zone’ before the opening of the stadium gates, a show of flag wavers in traditional costumes will perform for the Liverpool fans. Emergency health ( First Aid) will also be available. No tickets are available, we are aware that there are numerous websites advertising tickets in all parts of the stadium. Many of these so called agencies promise tickets for the fixture but we are hearing more and more stories of supporters paying exorbitant prices to these agencies only to discover that there are no tickets. Liverpool supporters are advised not to travel without a valid ticket for this event. Those that do are advised to remain in the city centre and watch it in the numerous bars and enjoy the atmosphere

• Black market tickets – what is the local legislation regarding black market ticket sale? Is selling an offence? Is buying an offence? Will English fans with tickets for non-English areas of the ground be allowed in?

Fans are requested not to travel to this event without being in possession of a valid ticket for the correctly allocated area. As with most European countries there is a problem with regard to ‘black market ticket sales’ but Police action in this area is minimal.

• Other local legislation – what other laws do fans need to be aware of? Is drinking in the street legal? Is smoking banned in enclosed public places? What are the drink-driving limits or other special motoring rules?

Merseyside Police would advise travelling supporters not to drink any alcohol if they plan to drive a motor vehicle. They should also drive with care and in a proper manner when driving a motor vehicle abroad. There is no restriction on the selling of alcohol that we have been made aware of.

• Flags – is there any facility for fans to gain early access to the stadium to hang flags or banners? Can they then leave and come back later for the game?

We have been informed that supporters cannot access the stadium to hang their flags prior to entry to the stadium opening on the day of the game. As indicated no poles will be permitted. They must take the flags with them post match

• ID – is it a legal requirement to carry ID? Will a photocopy of a passport do?

There are no special requirements however it is recommended that fans carry a Passport or other means of identification with them at all times.

• Any other business – are there any other matters fans should be aware of? Areas of the city to avoid? Local customs to be observed and respected?

At the Pre Match information meeting the Florence Authorities clearly went out of their way to ensure that Liverpool fans would be welcomed to their city and to the stadium and they are looking to be twinned with Liverpool. They are fierce rivals of Juventus. The authorities did issue strong advice that misbehaviour’ by anyone would not be tolerated and that visitors need to respect their monuments, culture and law.
      fabrixx
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2009 12:05:36 am
      You are welcome.  :)
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2009 05:00:10 pm by Bpatel »
      h1911st
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2009 03:30:09 pm
      Is there a possibility to buy tickets using internet for this match in Italy??? Cause , I am LFC fan from Croatia, and any suggestion or link may help me. Reg
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2009 11:06:56 am
      No offence to any Fiorentina fans - but this ground sounds like a sh*t-hole.

Stay safe - fellow reds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #11: Sep 28, 2009 07:03:09 pm
      No offence to any Fiorentina fans - but this ground sounds like a sh*t-hole.

Stay safe - fellow reds.

Good to here they removed those cages.

Can't see any fans getting any problems, in fact I think they'll be treated like heroes, but not entirely for good reasons!

Quick Reply