Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Our players compared to the mancs

Read 14489 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Our players compared to the mancs
      Sep 26, 2009 11:09:27 pm
      Van Der Sar or Reina
      Neville or Johnson
      Vidic or Carragher
      Ferdinand or Agger/Skrtel
      Evra or Insua/Aurelio
      Valencia or Kuyt
      Carrick or Mascherano
      Scholes or Lucas
      Giggs/Nani or Benayoun
      Rooney or Gerrard
      Berbatov or Torres
      ???

I realise this is and can be a bit difficult to answer, as how i've just experienced when asking my brother  :o
      E.g - What style you want to play and who against etc, but yeh you get the idea :P

This is mine :)

Van Der Sar or Reina - VDS, more reliable IMO
      Neville or Johnson - Johnson
      Vidic or Carragher - Not sure :P toughy
      Ferdinand or Agger/Skrtel - Probably Ferdinand :/
      Evra or Insua/Aurelio - Evra
      Valencia or Kuyt - Kuyt
      Carrick or Mascherano - Not sure :P
      Scholes or Lucas - Scholes
      Giggs/Nani or Benayoun - Benayoun / Giggs
      Rooney or Gerrard - Gerrard
      Berbatov or Torres - Torres
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2009 01:23:07 am by redkenny, Reason: Title changed »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Man Utd v Liverpool - Player Comparison
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2009 11:23:29 pm
      When you line up our players against theirs it really puts into perspective just how crappy a team they have.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2009 02:32:41 am by MsGerrard »
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2009 11:25:12 pm
      Owen or Voronin?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2009 11:31:31 pm
      None of theres ever. They have one who wore the liverbird and he might as well have shat on it wnen he signed for them. Not saying they never had a better player in a position then we did but I'm saying Id never swap a redman for a dirty manc c**t
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2009 11:35:27 pm
      None of theres ever. They have one who wore the liverbird and he might as well have shat on it wnen he signed for them. Not saying they never had a better player in a position then we did but I'm saying Id never swap a redman for a dirty manc c**t

Amen to that.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2009 11:47:41 pm
      Fair play :P
      Was just a random thought :)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2009 11:59:29 pm
      No comparison, end of.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #7: Sep 27, 2009 12:50:47 am
      only better ones on that list jointy are ferdinand and evra... the rest are a bit sh*te mate, why you would pick vds over reina ill never know.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #8: Sep 27, 2009 12:52:30 am
      Im not sure, :lmao:
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 27, 2009 01:08:09 am
      Ferdinand is crap, doesn't have any ball control.

Only player i rate they have is Giggs, the rest are no where near us IMO.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #10: Sep 27, 2009 01:30:33 am
      I really do think we have better players in every single position. The only thing they have over us is depth. Their bench is better than what we have.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Sep 27, 2009 01:33:25 am
      I know it is your opinion, respected BUT how could you say Rio over Skrtel or Agger? Did you see Rio get completely turned over by Bellamy last week? :D If i was doing it the fair thing would be to compare Ferdinand and Carra, being they are the veterans, then Skrtel/Agger and Vidic. And then with that i would say the boys with a Liverbird on their chest every time. Same with Insua over Evra every time. Scholes over Lucas is a fair point at the moment, but lets hope that changes. Yossi is very close to being our version of Giggs, a man that can really just tear up the wings and score. I would say him every time just for the fact he doesn't sleep with the manager. Torres and Berba? Doesn't even need to be said :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Our players compared to the mancs
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2009 01:34:28 am
      I honestly don't know why people would want to compare our players to any other team's players. Personally I just think it's pointless. It's just like saying 'my car's better than yours' or something.

There's so many elements to football that makes a football team. The essential ingredient is a good manager. As much as it's a pain in the arse to admit, old whiskey nose is a good manager. And that's why the mancs have won things on a regular basis. No knowledgeable football fan can deny that.

But if you want to compare players. You don't have to look no further than Gerrard and Torres. These players are unstoppable. Better than any mancs. But when they're finding times difficult in a game, I'm confident we've got a team around them to cause danger.

And the mancs and whoever else knows this.

So F**k the mancs and everyone else.

And don't forget. We've got Rafa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2009 01:51:53 am
      I honestly don't know why people would want to compare our players to any other team's players. Personally I just think it's pointless. It's just like saying 'my car's better than yours' or something.

There's so many elements to football that makes a football team. The essential ingredient is a good manager. As much as it's a pain in the arse to admit, old whiskey nose is a good manager. And that's why the mancs have won things on a regular basis. No knowledgeable football fan can deny that.

But if you want to compare players. You don't have to look no further than Gerrard and Torres. These players are unstoppable. Better than any mancs. But when they're finding times difficult in a game, I'm confident we've got a team around them to cause danger.

And the mancs and whoever else knows this.

So F**k the mancs and everyone else.

And don't forget. We've got Rafa.

Someone hasn't been drinking tonight have they?

Very good points though mate.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2009 02:31:24 am
      You can't compare our players to the manc scummy players.....why? because we are far superior that's why.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #15: Sep 27, 2009 02:50:06 am
      You can't compare our players to the manc scummy players.....why? because we are far superior that's why.

Innit MsG, the mancs are pretty much a spent force imo.  They are relying so much on Giggs and Shrek atm and have been lucky with some results to date.  Whilst they may have the men in black or green or whatever colour the refs wearing, I'd still take all our starting 11 over them and considering who we still have to come in, what have they got that even comes any where near our lads.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2009 02:52:54 am
      Someone hasn't been drinking tonight have they?

Are you calling me a w**ker?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2009 02:54:23 am
      Is right whyohwhy....there luck is fading fast, and like you say if they didn't have all the big knobs at the FA looking out for them, they'd be well in the sh*t.

What goes around comes around as they say !
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2009 03:01:30 am
      ;D to put a bit of a reality check into this thread, man uniteds defence farts over ours. Its evident at the start of this season already. We suck at one of the most basic football situations there is, the set piece.

Johnson/ O shea - Its unfair to put neville there, since O'shea plays nearly every week. Johnson's 10 times better going forward but Oshea is a lot better defending so we can call this a draw.

Vidic/skrtel - Vidic is the best defender in the world. And its not even an opinion. He's definitaly the main reason the mancs won the season last year, and he can score some important goals at the other end as well. Its pains to admit it but he's better than our defenders in all departments.

Ferdinand/Carra - Carra's always been one of my favourites and I think that year we won the champions league he was as good as Gerrard in terms of defence. The guy plays with heart and soul, but over the past few years rio has been better than him.

Evra/Aurelio/insua - Aurelios defence isn't as good as evra's. Insua is still young.

That being said our midfield farts over theres.

Masch>>>Fletcher
      Carrick>>Lucas
      Benayoun>>>Valencia
      Kuyt>>>Nani

And then we got our strike force. Rooney I would say edges out gerrard because he's as strong if not stronger but is quicker and has a better shot in him inside the box. Also rooney works his bloody ass off, wheras Gerrard I feel is really lazy in that attacking role. As a partnership though Gerrard and Torres are probably the best out there. I didn't mention Berbatov because theres no need to, ;D.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2009 03:07:54 am
      And then we got our strike force. Rooney I would say edges out gerrard because he's as strong if not stronger but is quicker and has a better shot in him inside the box. Also rooney works his bloody ass off, wheras Gerrard I feel is really lazy in that attacking role.

:lmao:

Yeah.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2009 03:49:09 am
      Rooney edging out Stevie? Please tell me you are drunk. Because that is bullshit. Your reasoning just males no sense at all.

On the mancs, well the game against Stoke proved a major point. Struggled until their 60 year old captain came on. Says everything about where they are going I think!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #21: Sep 27, 2009 04:09:25 am
      Rooney edging out Stevie? Please tell me you are drunk. Because that is bullshit. Your reasoning just males no sense at all.

On the mancs, well the game against Stoke proved a major point. Struggled until their 60 year old captain came on. Says everything about where they are going I think!

You haven't given me a reason to why he does? I'm an out and out liverpool supporter and Steven Gerrard Is our most important player because he produces brilliance when we have nothing else left, but we are not as dependant on him now as we used to be. Gerrard in that positiion behind the striker isn't as good as he used to be in the central midfield where he used to do everythign alonso did but better. Rooney Is easily one of the the best players in the world in that position and he plays it properly. Putting pressure on the defenders, being able to link up with any1 and every1, and if needed holding the ball up by himself. Give me good reasons why Gerrard is better rather than saying "are you mad, of course gerrard is better than rooney"
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #22: Sep 27, 2009 05:50:57 am
      When I raised the point to the mancs that Fergie looks like he's bribed the FA over, guess what was their response. 'Rafa is a F***ing loser'. At that moment I was on the verge of asking him to get the F**k out, getting his ass shafted inside out by that old tw*t Ferguscum. He repeated it twice and I tell ya, if not for my control of anger I would have burst out at him in public. As you know, mancs know sh*t about footy so never start talking to them.

Overall, our first XI is definitely much stronger than the mancs. What is VDS still doing there, 38 and still running? Solid, lanky and that's about it. We've got Reina who has easily got 10 years ahead of him, reflexes, shot stopping, and penalty saving. At the moment its hard to compare between them but when Reina hits top form, VDS is no match for him.

Neville/Johnson? Get the F**k out what a dumb question :lmao:

For some reason I seem to think that Vidic/Ferdinand are an overrated pair. Yes they're class on their day, but when you put them against better strikers they seem ripped apart easily. They seem more concerned about how classy they are on the pitch rather than defending the goal first. Carra over both of them anyday, but I would say Skrtel/Agger are not as good as them just yet.

Evra? Goes forward and leaves the back aways exposed. Can't defend for F**k, put him with pace and he gets ripped into pieces. Lennon, Gerrard, springs into mind. Very vulnerable at the back but going forward he offers a lot. I'll prefer Aurelio who'll swing accurate crosses and can take a good freekick as well.

Lucas/Mascherano/Aquilani and Carrick/Anderson/Fletcher is a little bit hard to judge. I'll have them as that they're all equal, about the same.

Gerrard to Rooney. Gerrard is a complete player, the best player in the world at the moment. Rooney is nothing, he lies in the mancs shitholes, a bitter supporting c**t, only knows how to bulldoze his way through with strength. That's about it. I accept that he's going to be the spear of their attack this season only because he's their reliable striker.

Torres to Owen/Berbatov. Nothing needs to be said. Torres is better than both of them combined.

And last of all, in response to the mocking I got from certain mancs, Rafa > Fergie.

Quick Reply