Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Everton Player arrested on drugs charge

Read 2476 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Everton Player arrested on drugs charge
      Oct 06, 2009 09:58:10 am
      Everton striker Jose Baxter arrested on drugs charge
      October 6, 2009
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=683211&sec=england&cc=3888

Everton striker Jose Baxter has been arrested on a drugs charge, it was confirmed on Tuesday morning.

Baxter, 17, was one of three men arrested in Kirkby on Monday on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.

The striker is the youngest player to represent Everton following his introduction, aged 16 years and 191 days, as a substitute in a Premier League game against Blackburn Rovers in August 2008.

"We can confirm that three men were arrested in Kirkby on possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possession of counterfeit money," said a spokesman for Merseyside Police. "The men, 17, 29 and 34 are currently in police custody."

Baxter is a product of the club's youth academy having joined Everton aged just six and has made two substitute appearances in the Europa League this season.

He has represented England at youth level and was an unused substitute in the FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea last season.

:o :o :o :o
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Everton Player arrested on drugs charge
      Reply #1: Oct 06, 2009 10:00:33 am
      If he's guilty, what a fuckwit.  I don't get it, the footballers that do these kinds of things.  They are set up for life in probably one of the best jobs there is, and they get involved in this sh*t?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Oct 06, 2009 10:01:29 am
      Yeah Ross. If they put more effort and reach the world class status, they'd probably earn more money. Also, to do this at such a young age is simply beyond me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #3: Oct 06, 2009 10:19:23 am
      If he's guilty, what a fuckwit.  I don't get it, the footballers that do these kinds of things.  They are set up for life in probably one of the best jobs there is, and they get involved in this sh*t?

You beat me to it Ross I was thinking exactly the same thing. If I was good enough years ago I would have jumped through hoops of fire to play football for a living...these tw*ts just dont get the opportunity they have been given.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Oct 06, 2009 11:32:48 am
      Lunatic. And apparently he was the next big thing for them - not no more he aint.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Oct 06, 2009 12:15:50 pm
      Wouldn't care Aussie red was looking for a regular supplier  :f_whistle:

Daft tho really at that age with a full career infront of him to get involved in such stuff, I mean lets be honest even if he was not to make it at Everton, you can still make a comfortable living nowadays in the lower leagues, silly silly boy.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Oct 06, 2009 01:02:06 pm
      Scouse Scally wag
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Oct 06, 2009 01:34:32 pm
      But then again, maybe he realised which team he was playing for?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Oct 06, 2009 04:10:52 pm
      I understand that it's illegal and all, and that since he is a footballer, he shouldn't be anywhere near a psycoactive substance and all, but Cannabis is nothing, tbf.

In his position, though, touted as the next big thing for them, and with his life completely set financially and at the same time doing something he loves, to jeopardise his career at such a young age is daft as F**k.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Oct 06, 2009 06:57:43 pm

Oi !!  Leave the 'Scouse' out.  We're not all scallywags you know.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Oct 06, 2009 08:57:17 pm
      Gonna be Devil's Advocate here.

He's 17, the other two are 29 and 34. He may be very impressionable, we do not know what his off the field up bringing may have been.

I am sure most of us have done REALLY stupid things in the past. Admittedly this is Barn Door Stupid, but he may have been just dragged in to this. Whats more stupid is playing for the BS.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Oct 06, 2009 08:59:39 pm

Same! I'm a student living off of slowly depleting funds yet i would never stoop to levels like that.

Though, it is Everton. Forgiven Jose :f_tongueincheek:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Oct 06, 2009 10:19:31 pm

Cant be having this now can we, not every scouser is a scally wag.

Thats better ;)

Life at Everton FC really must be bad if they are turning to drugs :laugh:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #13: Oct 06, 2009 10:37:44 pm
      Idiot. How many people would give anything to have enough talent to play for a PL side (besides Everton). Doesn't know how lucky he is.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #14: Oct 07, 2009 12:15:02 am
      It doesn't stipulate who is being done for what - the funny money charge and the intent to supply thing are much more serious than the simple possession charge it sounds like the media are as ever, bigging the story up for obvious reasons. Possession of cannabis can for small amounts, be dealt with by way of an instant fine if the offender has not been collared previously, if the lad had not been with the people he was or the other charges brought it would probably not be worth reporting.
                                             Of course if it's a fair amount the lad gets done for then he's up to his neck in it and fair play.  

Quick Reply