Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Who do we need to sell in January?

Read 9464 times
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Who do we need to sell in January?
      Oct 08, 2009 12:08:01 pm
      In the January Transfer window, the perfect time to grab some skills....
      Who all you want to sell. In ma personnel opinion we need to sell

Forward :Voronin
      Mid :Reira ,but may be we will loose Masch too..
      Back:Dossenna.

But if we are selling Masch means....Barca will buy him for some 50..
      According to the latest news we have 12 in Hand....
      Quite Handy.....I think we will buy silva and Villa.....Whats your thoughts
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 12:30:03 pm by Reslivo »
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Who all we need to Sell in January
      Reply #1: Oct 08, 2009 12:24:44 pm
      We won't sell Masch in January, not a chance. We won't get Silva or Villa in January either.

I don't want us to let Riera go but Dossena and Voronin hopefully will go. I can see Babel off to Ajax in January on a loan deal.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Oct 08, 2009 12:25:57 pm
      Letting anyone go in January would be just plain stupid irrespective of ability, we need more depth not less.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Oct 08, 2009 12:29:11 pm
      Letting anyone go in January would be just plain stupid irrespective of ability, we need more depth not less.

Well with the 12m we apparently already have and the money generated from these sales, i am hopefull we could bring a players with more ability than these two, mind you in todays expensive market could be a hard job.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Re: Who do we need to sell in January?
      Reply #4: Oct 08, 2009 12:43:40 pm
      No mate...We dont need them..Abt which depth ur telling...We need quality players...
      For that we need to sell some headless boys..only that much i wanted to tell.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2009 12:49:19 pm
      I think Voronin will go and maybe Dossena as they are defo not in Rafa's plans but other than them i cannot see anybody else leaving.Can not see that generating much more money so it will be interesting to see who Rafa can actually afford.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Oct 08, 2009 12:50:01 pm
      i'll answer this when Gillett have been on his holidays to saudi arabia!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 08, 2009 12:50:39 pm
      Cash in on Riera if we can he has been infective since he came here ,very rarely an end product from him, for a winger i cant remember him putting one decent cross in in the 18 months hes been here, get rid
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #8: Oct 08, 2009 12:53:51 pm
      No mate...We dont need them..Abt which depth ur telling...We need quality players...
      For that we need to sell some headless boys..only that much I wanted to tell.

So how much do you think we would get for Voronin and Dossena - £5m in total, what "quality" is available and for how much?

I agree with the other poster that we need to keep everyone at the moment even as we all know some are not that good.

Im interested in your thoughts of who we could buy though.....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2009 12:57:34 pm
      I've said it in a previous post, but here we go again.

If we look sat the squad where have adequate cover, then we could offload some dead wood without seriously harming the depth of the squad.

Left Back Aurelio, Insua and Dossena ... Sell Doss we have adequate cover In Aurelio & Insua ..I'd happily take 4 million

Left Midfield. Riera Benayoun Babel .... Sell Riera he blows too hot and cold and never puts in consistently good performances.. say 10 million for him

Forwards Voronin Babel Ngog Torres Gerrard ... sell Voronin, Babel and Ngog are adequate cover I'd happily take 4 million

Thats a potential 18 million to add to the 12 million being reported Rafa will receive, Then in essence when we bring a real quality player we are only two players shy of what we had but most notably two players who are not going to get a lot of game time in Voronin and Dossena and Riera has quite simply been upgraded.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2009 12:58:13 pm
      At the moment, we have to keep everyone. It says Rafa would be given 12M but it's not guaranteed. You know our owners...

I would only consider selling Dossena and Voronin next summer, provided we have a lot of money to bring in better players.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #11: Oct 08, 2009 12:59:52 pm
      Cash in on Riera if we can he has been infective since he came here ,very rarely an end product from him, for a winger I cant remember him putting one decent cross in in the 18 months hes been here, get rid

Ridiculous - I love these posts where fans say just sell him without giving any thought as to the replacement or the discruption / balance of our team etc.

Have you ever noticed that we rarely throw people into the box hence why Riera checks back a lot of the time or would you rather see him cross into empty spaces.

He may not be a top top player but he merits his place for me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #12: Oct 08, 2009 01:02:37 pm
      Left Midfield. Riera Benayoun Babel .... Sell Riera he blows too hot and cold and never puts in consistently good performances.. say 10 million for him

Thats a potential 18 million to add to the 12 million being reported Rafa will receive, Then in essence when we bring a real quality player we are only two players shy of what we had but most notably two players who are not going to get a lot of game time in Voronin and Dossena and Riera has quite simply been upgraded.

Yeah because Babel doesnt blow hot and cold does he....

Its easy to say get better players but who is available and would be sold at our price...please elaborate.

[/quote]
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Oct 08, 2009 01:03:28 pm
      At the moment, we have to keep everyone. It says Rafa would be given 12M but it's not guaranteed. You know our owners...

I would only consider selling Dossena and Voronin next summer, provided we have a lot of money to bring in better players.

At last a sensible post on this topic.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Oct 08, 2009 01:08:10 pm

Yeah because Babel doesnt blow hot and cold does he....

Its easy to say get better players but who is available and would be sold at our price...please elaborate.

I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have thought about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the squad.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir Llorente ? Bearing in mind Silva would not be cup tied and would be allowed to register for the champions league as he has only played in the Europa League, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera leaving you only two players shy of what you originally had, but most notably two players who would not get much game time.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:26 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 08, 2009 01:11:05 pm
      Ridiculous - I love these posts where fans say just sell him without giving any thought as to the replacement or the discruption / balance of our team etc.

Have you ever noticed that we rarely throw people into the box hence why Riera checks back a lot of the time or would you rather see him cross into empty spaces.
      He may not be a top top player but he merits his place for me.
      So what do you mean...I cant see riera playing any of the matches....He is having very low attitude too..
      See have players on left...Babel and Benayoun...
      Why cant we buy silva...Or Marcelo is anyway very much better than Reira , I think he can very well link up with insua
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #16: Oct 08, 2009 01:16:12 pm
      we should buy Sol Campbell :P
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Oct 08, 2009 01:17:25 pm
      We cant buy him but we can get him on a free. ;)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #18: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:03 pm
      I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have though about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the team.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)

NO..... ;)

What I dont understand is the assumption that these "better" players will sign for us and at the prices we want. Sure I would like to see Silva but instead of Riera not really - as an addition to Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt yes. I agree about Voronin and Dossena but my point is everyone assumes that a higher level of player is waiting in the wings.

Why sell Babel or Riera, Babel can provide cover up front as you say but could we run a campaign with him as the main striker - none of us know yet. I also think Babel has been playing better on the right hand side rather than central or through the left so why stick him somewehere that isnt beneficial for him or us.

I want to see us add to our squad - trim the crap yes but I dont see the argument about selling Riera or Babel unless it is nailed on a replacement can be found.

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:40 pm by crouchinho »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:59 pm
      He is now almost started training with Arsenal.
      We have kirgi rite...Thats enough i think...Once Agger is back , we will fly...
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2009 01:20:20 pm
      I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have though about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the team.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)

NO..... ;)

What I dont understand is the assumption that these "better" players will sign for us and at the prices we want. Sure I would like to see Silva but instead of Riera not really - as an addition to Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt yes. I agree about Voronin and Dossena but my point is everyone assumes that a higher level of player is waiting in the wings.

Why sell Babel or Riera, Babel can provide cover up front as you say but could we run a campaign with him as the main striker - none of us know yet. I also think Babel has been playing better on the right hand side rather than central or through the left so why stick him somewehere that isnt beneficial for him or us.

I want to see us add to our squad - trim the crap yes but I dont see the argument about selling Riera or Babel unless it is nailed on a replacement can be found.

What about Marcelo?
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:39:07 pm by crouchinho »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21: Oct 08, 2009 01:21:21 pm
      So what do you mean...I cant see riera playing any of the matches....He is having very low attitude too..
      See have players on left...Babel and Benayoun...
      Why cant we buy silva...Or Marcelo is anyway very much better than Reira , I think he can very well link up with insua

Mate - get real this isnt football manager where you swap players over. At least think about your replies.

Why cant we sign Messi, Henry, Drogba etc......where have you been all summer.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #22: Oct 08, 2009 01:23:22 pm
      A reality check here, we are not going to get anyone we've heard of this summer. The only way we can strengthen the squad is to bring in establisheed experienced footballers with some skill. Nobody is going to sell anyone like that, not halfway through a season. Just thought I should remind you lot before you get your hopes up. I'm sick of all this fantasy football style buying and selling. Lets get our youth system sorted and lets get them on the pitch. Give ngog and spearing more games. Get the other youth ready for premiership football. Owen and rooney started playing at 17, so did fabregas I think. We need to find talented youths!

Quick Reply