Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Who do we need to sell in January?

Read 9468 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Who do we need to sell in January?
      Reply #23: Oct 08, 2009 01:28:09 pm
      A reality check here, we are not going to get anyone we've heard of this summer. The only way we can strengthen the squad is to bring in establisheed experienced footballers with some skill. Nobody is going to sell anyone like that, not halfway through a season. Just thought I should remind you lot before you get your hopes up. I'm sick of all this fantasy football style buying and selling. Lets get our youth system sorted and lets get them on the pitch. Give ngog and spearing more games. Get the other youth ready for premiership football. Owen and rooney started playing at 17, so did fabregas I think. We need to find talented youths!

Yes but some posters think we name and a player and hey presto they sign for us.

They get seriously on my tits.

I agree with that mate, but I am of the opinion Valencia would deal at 30 million for Silva and Benayoun and Silva are adequate enough to hold their own on the left hand side with no need for Riera, Kuyt and Babel would handle the right hand side with Babel also providing cover at center forward. Do I believe Silva would sign for us ?, Yes I do, he said himself he would open to a move to England and with teh Spanish contingency here not only in the playing ranks but the coaching staff also it would be the perfect destination for him. Obviously Rafa is not stupid and would sound out any possibility of a deal before selling to buy no ?, after all he's an astute manager who prepares for every eventuallity. 

I hope your right and at least you have thought of the bigger picture.

Sorry if im coming across as an aggressive w@nker but some of the comments on here are so far fetched it drives me mad.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:40:11 pm by crouchinho »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 08, 2009 01:29:53 pm
      Mate - get real this isnt football manager where you swap players over. At least think about your replies.

Why cant we sign Messi, Henry, Drogba etc......where have you been all summer.

So what does it mean....We dont have to swap....So we cant buy a new player...
      I suggested marcelo and you are just not even looking into that...There are better players than riera...
      I think we can get wingers from brazil..I am not telling for joke...Just look into the facts and return
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #25: Oct 08, 2009 01:30:35 pm
      I suggested marcelo and you are just not even looking into that...There are better players than riera...
      I think we can get wingers from brazil..I am not telling for joke...Just look into the facts and return

Marcelo's a full back isn't he?
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 08, 2009 01:31:26 pm

Sorry if im coming across as an aggressive w@nker but some of the comments on here are so far fetched it drives me mad.

Me too...Am sorry if i am disturbing anybody...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Oct 08, 2009 01:31:48 pm
      Quote from: RedLFCBlood on Today at 01:08:10 PM
      I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have though about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the team.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you

Quote from: SM on Today at 01:18:03 PM

NO.....

What I dont understand is the assumption that these "better" players will sign for us and at the prices we want. Sure I would like to see Silva but instead of Riera not really - as an addition to Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt yes. I agree about Voronin and Dossena but my point is everyone assumes that a higher level of player is waiting in the wings.

Why sell Babel or Riera, Babel can provide cover up front as you say but could we run a campaign with him as the main striker - none of us know yet. I also think Babel has been playing better on the right hand side rather than central or through the left so why stick him somewehere that isnt beneficial for him or us.

I want to see us add to our squad - trim the crap yes but I dont see the argument about selling Riera or Babel unless it is nailed on a replacement can be found.

I agree with that mate, but I am of the opinion Valencia would deal at 30 million for Silva and Benayoun and Silva are adequate enough to hold their own on the left hand side with no need for Riera, Kuyt and Babel would handle the right hand side with Babel also providing cover at center forward. Do I believe Silva would sign for us ?, Yes I do, he said himself he would open to a move to England and with teh Spanish contingency here not only in the playing ranks but the coaching staff also it would be the perfect destination for him. Obviously Rafa is not stupid and would sound out any possibility of a deal before selling to buy no ?, after all he's an astute manager who prepares for every eventuality.  
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:43:59 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 08, 2009 01:33:13 pm
      Marcelo's a full back isn't he?
      He is now playing as left back....Midfielder transforming to back...
      He started playing as a midfield...You know about Real Midfield rite ??..
      Too thick..He cant fit in..
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Oct 08, 2009 01:33:47 pm
      Theres a long way to go yet before January. Player's like Riera, Babel etc can improve in the meantime.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #30: Oct 08, 2009 01:35:07 pm
      He is now playing as left back....Midfielder transforming to back...
      He started playing as a midfield...You know about Real Midfield rite ??..
      Too thick..He cant fit in..
      Real Madrid? No never heard of them I live on mars you see.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:00 pm

No problem mate, yes I have thought of the bigger picture as a Liverpol fan I just want whats best for the club and there is some areas we could trim without it being detrimental to the squad as a whole, as I said Rafa is a very astute manager and will obviously sound out the possibilities of any deals before selling players to fund his move as he is not going to sell himself short, how ever I do feel he has an opportunity to bring a great player in if he looks at the squad as a whole and where we have adequate cover, even if he was only to sell Doss and Voronin what ever monies he receives would add to teh 12 million and make his potential target that little bit better. :)
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:38 pm
      Real Madrid? No never heard of them I live on mars you see.
      Sorry
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #33: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:52 pm
      Players I can see on the cheap:

Javier Saviola

Riquelmia

Joquian

Simao
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #34: Oct 08, 2009 01:37:33 pm

Wingers from Brazil - Yeah hang on I will LOOK into those facts and here my return:

Give up mate - you clearly do not have a clue about football.

Of course there are better players than Riera but we dont have the funds to buy them or they are not available.

And by the way your one of the posters that drive me nuts spouting sh1te without any reason. My reply earlier was to RedLFCBlood who made some valid points.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 08, 2009 01:42:53 pm
      Wingers from Brazil - Yeah hang on I will LOOK into those facts and here my return:

Ya may be you are right....But i am not going to give up..
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Oct 08, 2009 01:47:06 pm

Of course there are better players than Riera but we dont have the funds to buy them or they are not available.

And by the way your one of the posters that drive me nuts spouting sh1te without any reason. My reply earlier was to RedLFCBlood who made some valid points.

Come on SM go easy on the lad will you. He obviously doesn't have the best English and is struggling to get his points across.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37: Oct 08, 2009 01:47:53 pm
      Just delete what you dont need from their message from inside the quote marks. Type in what you want, after the quote mark. Your probably deleting the  bit I mentioned earlier which is why its turning out like that.

Thanks mate - thats exactly what I did...will give it a go.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2009 01:48:02 pm
      I agree the youth system needs some serious work, these guys need playing time.... here is a wacky Idea, if we need a winger/mid fielder in Jan, why not bring a proven USA player in Landon Donovon on a loan deal from the MLS since it is then end of the season, he is tearing it up, can provide cover and is a work horse give him a shot it does not cost anything really just an idea... he can play that attacking mid role and he is good at it he played very well against Spain and Brazil two of the best National teams in the world!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2009 01:50:04 pm
      Come on SM go easy on the lad will you. He obviously doesn't have the best English and is struggling to get his points across.

I dont have a problem with his english - mines not that great either... :)

Its the "have you heard of Real Midfield" gag and all that stuff.

He is having a wind up and yep it worked on me. If he is a genuine poster he would know that anyone who follows football have heard of Real Madrid or Real Midfield as he likes to say.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2009 01:53:17 pm
      Guys, clean up your posts. I've had to sort it out on this thread alone and i don't want to keep doing it when i log on.

On topic, i don't expect to see anyone exciting come through the doors. I equally don't see plenty leaving.

If i had my way i would let Riera and Dossena go. We have enough cover for each position if we can manage to get someone else on the left who has natural ability. That would leave Babel/Kuyt on the right and Benayoun/new signing on the left.

I can't think of any players who should come in for that role who would be affordable and available for the Champions League, also. Always liked Diego Capel from Sevilla, i think he's quality. Affordable though? Doubtful.

I wouldn't want to shake things up too much halfway through the season but some reinforcements would be nice.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2009 01:57:24 pm

He is having a wind up and yep it worked on me. If he is a genuine poster he would know that anyone who follows football have heard of Real Madrid or Real Midfield as he likes to say.

What do you mean by a genuine poster.I think the count starts form 0 only.
      I am a Liverpool fan and first time am having my words in a forum.
      Anyway am really sorry , if i disturbed anybody.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2009 01:58:40 pm
      I agree the youth system needs some serious work, these guys need playing time.... here is a wacky Idea, if we need a winger/mid fielder in Jan, why not bring a proven USA player in Landon Donovon on a loan deal from the MLS since it is then end of the season, he is tearing it up, can provide cover and is a work horse give him a shot it does not cost anything really just an idea... he can play that attacking mid role and he is good at it he played very well against Spain and Brazil two of the best National teams in the world!
      Donovans a good idea. Guys a good footballer, and people might confuse him with Iniesta and run away :P
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2009 02:00:35 pm

I dunno SM. I can't believe you haven't heard of Real Midfield! ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2009 02:05:15 pm
      I dunno SM. I can't believe you haven't heard of Real Midfield! ;)

Isn't that where Xabi Alonso is currently plying his sublime passing ability ?

Back on Topic...

If Rafa chooses to flog any one in January to add to his existing budget, lets just all cross our fingers he brings in some one who is of the quality to make a place in the Starting XI his own, no squad players please Rafa.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2009 02:07:11 pm
      Ya I agree with one of the earlier posts if Gillette has a successful holiday in Saudi we might be finally be able to compete in the transfer market in January without selling.

There is talks if the American owners are there in January we will have £12 million to spend I'd say that is irrelevant if we sell or not I'd say if we sell the money will just be swallowed up and we will hear it is for wages.

Quick Reply