Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Zenden!

Read 7135 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Zenden!
      Apr 26, 2007 01:12:57 am
      I'm sure he's a lovely guy...but I don't care about him having to pay off his beautiful Lamborgini...he canot...I repeat cannot be allowed to wear the shirt again...love to have a pint with the guy or have him as a wing man when out on the pull but as an LFC player please tell me we are ripping up his contract...sorry Bolo...no hard feelings...apparently Everton need a player...go and screw them up...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Zenden!
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2007 01:18:00 am
      He's just not up to the job is he. Maybe in reserve games and early stages of the league cup.
      But in important games, he's not a solution!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6746 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2007 01:56:31 am
      let him go back to PSV and do a straight swap for Ibrahim Afellay http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ibrahim%20afellay&search=Search (click the second video) I think this guy is gonna be pretty good very soon...only saw him play in one game aginst The Arse in CL but anyone has got to be better than Zenden.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 02:12:04 am by AussieRed »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2007 03:32:33 am
      You know what... I started this post but I'm already wracked with guilt....LFC fans are classy and we believe in the team no matter what...am I a Knobend to be so anti-Zenden? Surely its the wrong time to attack one of our own...its hardly suiting of 'Reclaim The Kop'?
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2007 07:30:50 am
      I have to agree to a certain extent Lester76, as much as I dont like slating our team, I dont think Zendon is the greatest player in the world, and certainly not the strongest! He hasnt really shown his full form in our red shirt that he did at previous clubs, but i trust rafa to put his team together that he believes has the quality to beat any team. Last night wasnt the greatest      or performance in the world, but at the end of the day its only 1.0 and if we play at the top of our     , We will achieve the result we need to put us through to athens next month!!

Bring on Tuesday night!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2007 01:13:14 pm
      If we can't slag off our own players on a Liverpool forum then where else eh? ;)
      Zenden was dire last night and I can honestly say I cant remember him ever setting any games alight for us, what is more worrying for me is what the hell does Rafa see in him? Zenden is no winger and he certainly is no central midfielder a player lacking as much creative ability as him I have yet to see, his shot in the first half nearly took out the old girl serving in the cafe at the back of the stand, his tackling back was none existent, he cant head a ball and for me adds nothing going forward at all other than that He's okay. ;D
      But if we look past Zenden’s inadequacies what is also worrying is if I'm fair even if he had created anything who was actually up there to take advantage?
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 01:14:30 pm by Glenbuck »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2007 01:42:41 pm
      Zenden is pants end of.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2007 05:54:35 pm
      First of all, any of you slagging off Zenden need to get a grip.  He was a long way off our worst player last night.  In fact if you really watched the game most of the attacking play involved him.  He had the balls to take a lot of Chelsea players on and won us a lot of corners and set-pieces. 

There are about 8 reds who had worse games than him last night.

Get behind him - yes he may be near the end of his Liverpool career but you never know who could turn out to be the hero ... Smicer and Cisse banged in the pens against Milan.... hardly the two greatest players to pull on the red shirt, and don't forget Djimi Traore's goal-line clearance.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2007 06:41:09 pm
      Koolkinda thats the exactly the issue...for all his faults and poor performances the one thing you can't say is that he goes missing. He never hid from the ball and was always available no matter how poorly he was playing....saying all that....he is not the right option for the next game and Rafa made a weird choice there...
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2007 07:16:43 pm
      well as bad as he maybe he was better than most in red last night and i don't rate him as LFC class !
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 26, 2007 08:43:56 pm
      Guys i was telling you how bad zenden was months ago,you all defended him,he simply isnt lfc class.I just dont no what rafa see in him?what does he give us?A decent winger would have had the beating of ferrerfia last night.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2007 08:47:09 pm
      First of all, any of you slagging off Zenden need to get a grip.  He was a long way off our worst player last night.  In fact if you really watched the game most of the attacking play involved him.  He had the balls to take a lot of Chelsea players on and won us a lot of corners and set-pieces. 

Get behind him - yes he may be near the end of his Liverpool career but you never know who could turn out to be the hero ... Smicer and Cisse banged in the pens against Milan.... hardly the two greatest players to pull on the red shirt, and don't forget Djimi Traore's goal-line clearance.

Tell me hand on heart that you want Zenden to start in the second leg, he might not have been our worst player last night but seeing as most of them had bad games it’s hardly a recommendation is it? And yes I “really watched” the game last night so don’t be trying to put people down who have an opinion on a player it is only an opinion after all, and one that is shared between fellow reds and not shouted at him as he goes down the wing at Anfield.
      And I am sorry but sticking with Zenden because he might turn out to do something important is a bit vague, I mean what if he does the opposite and costs us games, it’s a bit of a gamble isn’t it? And finally please take this post as it is meant to be, a friendly debate between Reds about one of our own players.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Apr 26, 2007 11:58:23 pm

I thought this thread was about Zenden??? And not about last night.
      It's true, most of the attacking play did go to him last night but it was inaffective - as it usually is when the play goes down to him for a majority of games he's played for us.
      That's why I don't rate him. It's not because of last night.

I'll ALWAYS get behind any player who plays for us. I don't need telling that. I want the best for Liverpool.

Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2007 12:57:41 am
      Not the worst player at Anfield.  Not the best either.

Never had a run out in the side.  Bit of a misnomer really.  Didn't cost anything in transfer fees.

Admit it.  You're all just jealous of his flowing locks.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: Apr 27, 2007 01:03:49 am
      I feel a bit sorry for Zenden, he's not of the class we need and we all know what his limitations are. When he's in the team all the criticism and grief is directed at him but surely its Rafa's fault he's there, he knows what he's capable of and picks him shouldn't all the criticism be levelled at Rafa?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2007 01:43:16 am
      its hard to hate a guy who continually stands up to be counted....have to say rafa has got me confused and disappointed in his faith in a player, who no matter his character is not LFC class.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2007 02:24:51 am
      Not the worst player at Anfield.  Not the best either.

Never had a run out in the side.

Might have something to do with not being good enough.

its hard to hate a guy who continually stands up to be counted....have to say rafa has got me confused and disappointed in his faith in a player, who no matter his character is not LFC class.

Very true. Not LFC class. Could be why this topic was started Lester. It's just because he's never really been able to prove Rafa right for bringing him here.
      Does anyone seriously think Rafa would have "bought" him?
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 27, 2007 01:48:45 pm

Agreed, thank god he was free.
      TH14
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 27, 2007 03:33:04 pm
      Zenden was better in the second half of the CL game against Chelsea. He focused so much on crossing the ball which Ferriera kept on blocking them. He should have tried to beat him and then look for a player in the box to pass to. I don't think Ferriera had a good game, he was a little shaky. Gonzales should have played him.
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 27, 2007 05:38:44 pm
      i don`t really think he`s good enough for LFC , and he wasn`t in the Chelsea game...but at least he showed some passion...
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2007 07:23:28 pm
      I dont think he was good enough from the start, He was only playing on wednesday because Finnan was injured.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Apr 28, 2007 11:19:20 am
      I think we all know Zenden is not good enough for Liverpool, but he does try when he's on the pitch.
      You can't fault his workrate.
      Let's get behind him when he plays, and give him encouragement.

Liverpool Football Club is not a club to slag it's player's off, and it really does piss me off when you hear them in the ground.
      A player needs that encouragement when things don't go right, not verbal abuse at him.

Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #22: May 01, 2007 11:04:10 pm
      F***ing great penalty Bolo. 

I thought you had a great game and instrumental in one of Liverpool's most important results.

Quick Reply