Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Should we be so depressed about last night??

Read 2949 times
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Should we be so depressed about last night??
      Apr 26, 2007 09:42:48 am
      Surely its not that bad is it? :o
      Remember Istanbull, We had 45 minutes to score 3 goals, we were away from home and loosing, yet we still produces what was needed and ended up winning,
      So surely 2 goals in 90 minutes at home is acheivable isnt it??

Come on REDMEN, Lets ave it!! ;D
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Should we be so depressed about last night??
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2007 10:11:12 am
      i'm not depressed!!

would have liked to have scored but not no major concern!! :)

Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2007 10:14:42 am
      not depressed but unsatisfied !
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2007 10:14:49 am
      True Priestly10, but cant help thinking if they get a goal, then it could be a tough night, would have been alot more confident having that vital away goal which is why i am a little depressed, but still confident of a win!! ;)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2007 10:47:35 am
      yeah, but i'm sure all the guys and gals who are going to be in Anfield (wish i was) are gonna do their part (like against Olympikos/Juventus/Chelsea in 05)

If we can get an early goal then keep it steady for 45mins or so they we could hopefully get a second :)

2-0 crouch score first ;)
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2007 10:53:54 am
      Not at all.
      who looked the happier team coming off the pitch last night?
      John terry running up to the ref throwing his toys at him? Then there was joe cole interview, talking about how they wished they had more goals. Chelsea are worried and rightly so. We will do a job on them at home and then Maureen can P*ss off home. Crying over a pentaly that never was To**er.
      -iye-hoopster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2007 10:56:48 am
      couple of green reds sat with me last night over the net and we watched the game in our own homes

a few things sprang to mind

1. 2-0 liverpool in the 2nd leg
      2. mourhino is a dobber (you only get penalties inside the box!!!!)
      3. can we borrow stevie gerrard for a season or 2
      4. for all the money chelski have spent they are not such a great team (lets face it we got a pre-season frendly 1-1 draw with them and they had out a full team )

i honestly can see a repeat of the final in istanbul
      and i dont see the reds going 3-0 down before getting into top gear this time

richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      who is the more confident...
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2007 11:13:34 am
      Are chelsea with their home win 1.0 with no away goals,
      Or are we, knowing we have 90 minutes to get a goal and keep a clean sheet, and take it to extra time or even penaltys in our back yard, or even getting 2.0 with our 12th man druming up an atmosphere which all other clubs only dream about!!

I dont know about you, but i recon maureen and his blue little boys will be running scared come tuesday night!!  ;D
      ovieprince
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2007 11:24:08 am
      Greetings to all REDs.
      The spirit behind LFC has always been to come or wake up from our slumber. That is for sure. Although Rafe made some mistake that cost us the match i still have great confident that we can do it. All we need is high spirit and carefullness.
      I pray that good squard be picked for that encouter. and we will repeat 2005.

Chear up Redmen
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2007 11:39:43 am
      I'm not depressed but would of liked an away goal, as said before on here, Chelsea looked the most disappointed last night not us.  We can turn this one over at Anfield BRING EM ON !!  i cant wait  ;)   
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      who is to blame for us loosing last night?
      Reply #10: Apr 26, 2007 12:37:14 pm
      Did raffa play his best 11 available to him against Chelsea who we know play on the counter attack?  :-\
      Did the Players play to 100% of their ability?? ???

Whats your thoughts?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2007 01:29:58 pm
      Depressed, why? I would of taken that before kick off! I'm serious to be with in one goal of any team in Europe and the second leg at Anfield, I would always back us to go through. I thought a draw was the best we could have hoped for last night! Its job done as far as I'm concerned, we have a one off game at Anfield that we need to win by two goals, bring it on!!!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Apr 26, 2007 01:42:00 pm
      No we are still in it but Gerrard has got to play down the middle next wk and Pennant and Crouch to start be gutted to win 2-1 and lose on away goals but a 1-0 takes it to extra time I think it could be one of those special european nights at anfield lets do them.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 01:56:32 pm by kelv78 »
      peter_shaw_87
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 26, 2007 01:49:12 pm
      ello liverpool fans. am qiute new 2 this website but me name is peter. i have just read ur furum about the chelsea game and i believe theres is nothing to be depressed or scared about. i believe,as happend 2 years ago, wen they get 2 our ground on tuesday there arse will go. last nite the chelsea officials tried there best 2 get the stadium rocking by giving out blue flags, but it didnt happen. theres nowhere else that can produce an atmosphere like ours wen the lads need it which is why it is a big MUST that every fan sings there bleedin hearts out and put the shits up that team. i know i wudnt like to b defending behind the kop if i was a team. Am gettin sick of that mourinho an his whinging. Am sick of there diving an cheating antics. But most of all am sick of the chelsea fans who think theyre great cus theyve won 2 titles on the trot. We all hate man utd cus theyve earned our hatred over the last few decades, but chelsea? Just a bunch of overrated players. Am sure am not the only kopite confident of goin through to athens. Thats why wen were at the match, in the pub or in the house!, we must get behind the team cus were lfc an thats wt where good at.

C'MON RED MEN. WHERE ALL BEHIND YA'S. 

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Apr 26, 2007 02:05:10 pm
      Well, I live in the south so as you can imagine we were outnumbered about 5-1 by Chelsea fans. But you know what, all you could hear at the end of the game was our fans singing. A couple of their fans who seemed to have a bit of sense admitted they hadn't done enough & they were worried about the 2nd leg. They should be more bothered about this result than we are.

There was a good song going round the boozer last night, might be worth singing at the home leg. To the tune of Land of Hope & Glory, it goes:

We've done Barcelona
      We've done PSV
      Why get worried by Chelsea
      We're Liverpool FC

Fair play to one of the bouncers last night though, especially considering he was a manc. There was some tw@t singing songs about Hillsborough at half time, and the bouncer gave us the nod that he'd be getting thrown out the back & gave us enough time to get round there. You can imagine the rest  ;)
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 26, 2007 02:47:28 pm
      honestly i get a bit depressed when i think about the first half yesterday, which wasn`t the performance i hoped to see...but they played better in the second half and now i`m looking forward to the 2nd leg
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 26, 2007 03:34:11 pm
      What depresses me isn't so much the fact that everybody minus Reina and to a certain degree Gerrard was abysmal. Every team suffers through a day like this and if they are unlucky it's an all-important day. OK, sh*t happens. But what made me want to climb the wall was the impression that they didn't F***ing care. Bellamy quarelled with an opponent exactly once, and that was in the first minute. What kind of passion is that? And Crouch won't stop climbing on every defenders back - last time I checked that was called a foul, you tw*t!

So overall I got the impression of listlessness and sloppiness. Frankly, I expect more of men who earn 40.000+ quid a week. Perhaps a larger portion of their wages should be strictly performance-oriented.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Apr 26, 2007 03:34:54 pm
      I'm F***ing depressed. We are trailing to Chelsea of all teams.
      No away goals scored.
      Fucks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #18: Apr 26, 2007 03:57:39 pm
      One word. Olympiakos.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2007 04:19:02 pm
      It don't matter, we did Milan in 45 minutes. we did olympiacos in 45 mins, why the F**k should we be worried bout this lot! Anyone who is going to the game on Tuesday, make sure this atmosphere is even better than the one 2 years ago against this bunch of Johnny-come-latelys! We are liverpool fc, we dont fear anyone, they fear us.
      YNWA
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 26, 2007 06:09:36 pm
      WE are LIVERPOOL and we still have a chance which is better than no chance at all,just one question

How would you feel if that had been the final ?

Its not so Believe YNWA
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #21: Apr 26, 2007 06:53:00 pm
      I'm f***ing depressed. We are trailing to Chelsea of all teams.
      No away goals scored.
      Fucks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have faith Cort, we've beaten better teams than the Chavs before now. Its only half time, we are within one goal of them and have 90 minates to play at Anfield. We can do this! Last night was far from a disaster 2 or 3 down would of been game over but now I'm more confident than I was before kick off yesterday............... ........................ ...........BELIEVE ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Apr 26, 2007 08:41:49 pm
      Have faith Cort, we've beaten better teams than the Chavs before now. Its only half time, we are within one goal of them and have 90 minates to play at Anfield. We can do this! Last night was far from a disaster 2 or 3 down would of been game over but now I'm more confident than I was before kick off yesterday............... ........................ ...........BELIEVE ;)

I am a fair believer of a comeback. Thought we were going to do it yesterday, thought Gerrard's shot was in... but when it was saved I knew we wouldn't have much more opportunities...

Quick Reply