Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kewell

Read 11711 times
      WIL1979
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Kewell
      Reply #69: May 17, 2007 01:11:58 pm
      Without a doubt a fit Harry Kewell is a massive plus for us.  The guy clearly wants to play regularly and certainly has a lot to prove to the players, the manager, fana and himself.  Give him a chance in  athens and im sure he'll be great
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #70: May 17, 2007 05:59:36 pm
      Kewell is a class player, and if we can keep him fit, he will do a good job for us on the left, there are not many better than him out there, so I'm sure he will do a good job for us in Athens, and the push for the prem. next season.
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #71: May 17, 2007 08:34:09 pm
      Kewell is a class player, and if we can keep him fit, he will do a good job for us on the left, there are not many better than him out there, so I'm sure he will do a good job for us in Athens, and the push for the prem. next season.
      couldnt agree more.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #72: May 17, 2007 10:34:25 pm
      I think the C L Final is a bit early for Kewell to start as I said earlier but as a sub for the later stages, with crouchy on. Crouchy would get some quality service from both flanks with Penn on the right. That can only spell trouble for Milan, got to be tried at some stage of the match, surely!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: May 18, 2007 04:17:23 am
      I'm just glad he cut his hair ;).......seriously though, Harry is a star...I just wish and hope we keep him and more importantly that he can stay fit for a whole season. He definitely is our best left winger coz he's got tricks, he takes on his opponents, never scared of anyone and I think he has a proper football brain......he will cause havoc down that left wing and put some telling crosses in and as GERNS said the crosses coming into Crouchie from Harry and Pennant would have any striker licking there lips...come on Harry....show us all how much this club means to you and go on and get a winners medal that you know and we know you actually deserve. :scarf: :champ:
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #74: May 23, 2007 07:48:46 pm
      Hi, Hello and Howdy...

The first thing that I will have to say is that Harry knows what he owes Liverpool...
      NOTHING would make him happier than to repay the fans and club for the patience
      and chances given, he has been a MASSIVE liverpool fan since he was a young lad,
      How many kids get to live out their dream of playing for their dream club,
      its not his desire or talent thats lacking, its his body
      That said, what are his chances of staying fit ?
      what is his real $ worth
      what sort of return are we going to get from him if he stays ?
      unfortunately these are questions that only time can answer

but for Heart and Talent alone, I'd have him in the squad, no questions
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #75: May 29, 2007 08:41:00 pm
      According to tonight's Echo, Kewell (along with Bellamy) could be on their way to Aston Villa. So maybe he won't get the chance to repay all the money he's earned and time lost for injuries. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I've been a fan since his Leeds days and was chuffed when we got him. But it's just an unfortunate case of bad luck for him and most of all, us! It boils down to, if we want to win the league, we can't risk gambling anymore. If he got another injury, well...........

Taken from Liverpool Echo:

Villa line up Anfield double swoopMay 29 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

ASTON VILLA and Spurs are ready to offer Harry Kewell a fresh start away from Anfield as Rafa Benitez targets left winger Florent Malouda.

The Midlands club are exploring the possibility of signing both Kewell and Craig Bellamy over the summer.

Liverpool hope to double their money on the £6m they paid for Bellamy a year ago, but Kewell, with only a year left on his contract, would be available at a knockdown price.

Click here for full article

Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #76: May 30, 2007 02:40:08 pm
      I really hope he stays, good pace, can beat the full back inside or out, 2 good feet (more than can be said for most) and can cross a ball and shoot, will probable get 5-10 a season (who else can do that from wide or midfield) 
      He hasn't shown what he can do on a consistant level but injuries aren't his fault, he's been very unlucky and in doing, so have we.

With Gonzo going, and Zenden, he is the only real attacking winger we have, if they bring in another, we should still keep him to fight for his place and to cover.

On his day he's a match winner, we just need more DAYS out of him.  have faith!!

DH
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Kewell,,,,,,,,,,, keep until jan transfer window
      Reply #77: May 30, 2007 03:33:51 pm
      kewell is pure quality,, we all know how good he can be, remember Man Utd wanted him as well just before he chose us over them,,,,,,, he loves the club which is great ,,,,, but,,,,, and theres a big but,,,,,,,,, he is never fit,,,,,,, in the 4years plus since he has been at the club, its either bad form or massive injury that has stopped him from flying down the wing doing what we paid him to do...........

I like the chap as a person and as a player, but thats got nothing to do with it,,,,,,, my view is to see how he is over the summer, we need x2 players with great ability in each position, so if we get a new left winger then probably get rid of him in the Jan transfer window after seeing if he can cut it through pre- season training...............b ut if he doesn't break down until the January transfer window then keep him ........ if there is any problems then plan to dump him in the Jan window......... its a hard one , because we know when fit he is the player we need with his crossing and flair but there is no time for -sentiment anymore at liverpool ,,,,,,,,,,,,  " liverpool is english football, -"english football is liverpool fc"
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #78: Jun 30, 2007 03:43:00 pm
       A rusty Australia made heavy work of minnows Singapore Saturday, struggling in the heat before two goals from Mark Viduka and a Harry Kewell rocket handed them a morale-boosting 3-0 victory.

Newcastle goal poacher Viduka headed home in the 50th minute in front of a passionate 45,000 fans at the Kallang National Stadium and the Liverpool attacker added a second 15 minutes from time.

Viduka sealed victory with four minutes to go.

But it was a far from convincing display from a side studded with European-based talent, with the humid conditions and lack of match practice taking their toll in their final warm-up ahead of the Asian Cup.

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill, out of the game for three months with a broken left foot, was not used while Kewell, still recovering from injury, only made an appearance in the 60th minute.

The Socceroos provided some early pressure, with Viduka and PSV Eindhoven's Jason Culina going close, but it was the ASEAN champions, ranked 134 in the world, who had the best of the first half.

A mistake by West Ham defender Lucas Neill set Singapore captain Indra Sahdan free in the 35th minute, forcing a fine save from Mark Schwarzer.

The Middlesbrough goalkeeper was in action again two minutes later, padding away the ball when the Singapore skipper again burst into space.

Sahdan was the danger man and clattered the crossbar just before the break, giving Australian coach Graham Arnold plenty to think about.

Australia emerged for the second half more attack-minded and it paid off when Culina broke free on the right to loop in a cross that Viduka rose to meet.

But Singapore kept coming and Khairul Amri crashed a well-struck left-foot shot against the woodwork in the 56th minute, with the Australian defence looking lost.

Kewell's introduction sparked some life and he made no mistake from the edge of the box when he found himself with just the keeper to beat in the 75th minute, burying the ball in the net.

Viduka tapped home a third with four minutes left.

Australia head into the Asian Cup finals as one of the favourites to win the continental tournament at their first attempt.

They are grouped with Thailand, Oman and Iraq and get their campaign underway against the Omanis in Bangkok on July 8.

Link : http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/June/30/viduka-and-kewell-on-target-for-rusty-australia

Lets hope Harry can stay fit, get some matches under his belt, and maybe be that elusive midfielder (bar Gerrard) to score us a few goals.
      We all know what Harry is capable of, so Harry your time is now or never.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #79: Oct 18, 2007 04:44:59 pm
      Just watched Rafa's Derby preview on LFC.tv and he has stated Kewell is back in training and is "nearly ready" but is not commenting whether he will start on Saturday or not.  I think he is one of the missing links in our team atm along with Alonso and even if we started him on the bench and bring him on after the break I feel we would see the difference in our attacking play

I still can't decide though who I would rather play on the left wing from Yossi and Kewell, Yossi has such qualities as being able to take on defences with more confidence and has a few tricks that can create space for a shot whereas Kewell works harder in pushing forward and sending in the crosses.  I think we should play them together and have Yossi in the centre with Gerrard or Alonso and see just how much of a difference they can make with their combined qualities. 
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 18, 2007 07:39:22 pm
      Theres no way Kewell is gona start,more realistic is he will have a reserve game and the probably feature in the Cardiff game,this game has too much riding on it for Harry to be risked.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #81: Oct 18, 2007 07:43:15 pm
      Kewell to probably play versus Cardiff in the Carling... ease him in - surely.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #82: Oct 18, 2007 09:55:31 pm
      Theres no way Kewell is gona start,more realistic is he will have a reserve game and the probably feature in the Cardiff game,this game has too much riding on it for Harry to be risked.

Maybe he could come on when we are kicking there ass 3-0?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #83: Oct 19, 2007 02:56:39 pm
      At least he has been taking care of himself....  :f_tongueincheek:

Pie eating sod.  As if he is going to be playing tomorrow!
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #84: Oct 19, 2007 03:01:25 pm
      harry kewell is crap, why cant some people just admit it, his heart isnt in it and his body certainly isnt !

and has played 2-3 good games for us in 3-4 years.

we still need someone to do a job on the left hand side,

JAR aint the anwser unless you want defensive midfielder and not winger and ryan babel is clearly not a left winger - i think were all hoping/ waiting for rafa to use him up front. (in the derby i hope)

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #85: Oct 19, 2007 03:07:43 pm
      harry kewell is crap, why cant some people just admit it, his heart isnt in it and his body certainly isnt !

-mate, firstly, by no means is harry kewell crap....when hes on song, hes a class player- very skillfull, and delivers a great cross from the left or right...

-secondly, wouldnt you be very fustrated and struggling to stay motivated if you got continuously injured?? I've been injured playing for the last 3 seasons on and off....and its the most fustrating and de-motivating thing to happen to anyone....give him a break....

-thirdly, he hasnt even played consecutive matches in the last 3 years to even judge him.....what? hes played one or two games back from injury and your going judge him on that?? its like calling jamie carragher crap since he's been back from his rib injury- which by the way he has been crap, but no one wants to admit that? do they?? give him a break, let him string some games together, and give him until january or next summer to prove himself....

I only want to get rid of him as he's a liability for this club, and he is a waist of a spot if hes going to get continuously injured...its best for both parties if they part ways...simple...
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 03:12:13 pm by scouser_10 »
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #86: Oct 19, 2007 03:12:50 pm
      i agree lets get rid asap!

if hes always injured, not motivated and not playing, hes not gonna be any use to anybody!

plus we are still lacking quality on the wings although i think benni might surprise a few people.

DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #87: Oct 22, 2007 08:33:33 am
      -mate, firstly, by no means is harry kewell crap....when hes on song, hes a class player- very skillfull, and delivers a great cross from the left or right...

-secondly, wouldnt you be very fustrated and struggling to stay motivated if you got continuously injured?? I've been injured playing for the last 3 seasons on and off....and its the most fustrating and de-motivating thing to happen to anyone....give him a break....

-thirdly, he hasnt even played consecutive matches in the last 3 years to even judge him.....what? hes played one or two games back from injury and your going judge him on that?? its like calling jamie carragher crap since he's been back from his rib injury- which by the way he has been crap, but no one wants to admit that? do they?? give him a break, let him string some games together, and give him until january or next summer to prove himself....

I only want to get rid of him as he's a liability for this club, and he is a waist of a spot if hes going to get continuously injured...its best for both parties if they part ways...simple...

yeah i agree, but as people on here keep bringing this up stoopidly going around again and again, nothing matters cos rafa has obviously made up his mind what hes going to do with kewell on either path the guy goes down. hes a big fan of kewell, no one wil make up his mind for him.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #88: Oct 22, 2007 12:34:04 pm
      We can't keep carrying this guy. 
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #89: Oct 23, 2007 01:46:36 pm
      Kewell is a class player but hes never fit. We've never seen wat he can really do nd now hes coming up to his prime. I say we give him to the end of the season nd thn if hes still not doing well send him back to his beloved Leeds
      White
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #90: Oct 23, 2007 01:47:50 pm
      Who the f""k would want to go to Leeds.

Anyway i want to give him to the end of the season but i have no faith in this guy.

Quick Reply