Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kewell

Read 11709 times
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Kewell
      Apr 26, 2007 11:18:22 am
      Any Ideas when he is due to be fit?  ???
      Could he be the answer to tuesday night, (if he was fully match fir that is)
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 03:59:15 pm by JD »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Kewel
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2007 01:31:39 pm
      He will be fit if we get to the final, he usually shows his face then!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2007 01:38:42 pm
      Dont think he will play this season.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2007 01:39:20 pm
      He will be fit if we get to the final, he usually shows his face then!

I couldn't believe such a thing Crazy Horse ::), i heard he's had a setback in training, he's ran out of false tan so he has got to fly back to OZ on one of those free flights we have given him in his contract,couldn't they have been one way tickets?
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007 01:42:58 pm by Glenbuck »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Kewell
      Reply #4: Apr 28, 2007 05:44:45 pm
      Give him until Jan 08, if no joy then sell him, I think he could have been good for us, but he never had a really good run, look a Pennant, he now looks half decent.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2007 05:45:58 pm by RedPuppy »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #5: Apr 28, 2007 07:06:24 pm
      Give him until Jan 08, if no joy then sell him, I think he could have been good for us, but he never had a really good run, look a Pennant, he now looks half decent.
      Big difference here, It took pennant 7 months or so to show some form, its taken harry 4 years and were still waiting.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #6: Apr 28, 2007 09:57:06 pm
      Great shame....was such a talent...
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 28, 2007 10:52:12 pm
      I have said it once and i will say it again ......GET RID.some may disagree but he is never fit plus whats he on wage ways per week,pay that wage to some one who wants to put his heart and soul in Liverpool
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2007 04:54:19 pm
      4 seasons, 120 games played, and this guy isn't a bit part player when fit. Simple fact is we have given Kewell enough time to prove himself. For me he HAS proved himself on two fronts, firstly that when fit he's a class player definately deserving of playing for us, secondly that as soon as this happens he will injure himself again. Class yes, but has to go.

On a side note, I've logged in today after a few days away to find a lot of pathetic threads on here, this being one of them. Please guys, if you're going to start threads firstly make sure there's not one already running (richbull76 your team selection for Tuesday's match could've just as well gone in the match thread, no need for a new topic). Also, when starting your topic, make sure it's about something relevant, an issue that can actually lead to some discussion, and most importantly OFFER YOUR OWN OPINION ON IT!!!!!!!!!
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2007 06:57:17 pm
      so if LFC sold him, how much money could they get 4 him do u think?
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 29, 2007 07:37:20 pm
      so if LFC sold him, how much money could they get 4 him do u think?

It depends when his contract is up, If its the end of this season we will get nothing for him.....otherwise about  4 million for him is probably about right.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #11: Apr 29, 2007 08:12:49 pm
      he is nearly 29 now and i dont think he will get to his best  again with his tormented injuries,,,,,i always liked harry  ,,as said before keep him till january ... than decide to keep him or not 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Apr 29, 2007 08:18:41 pm
      he is nearly 29 now and I dont think he will get to his best  again with his tormented injuries,,,,,I always liked harry  ,,as said before keep him till january ... than decide to keep him or not 

Why keep him til January? His contract finishes next summer & from Jan he will be able to sign a pre-contract with another club. Even if this wasn't the case, why keep him? All he has shown in 4 seasons is that he's hardly ever fit. Do some people on here wanna win the league or what? Simple fact is we have the manager, we have the tactics, and now we have the financial backing. All we need are the players, and with new players coming in, some are gonna leave. Harry Kewell would be one of the first on that list for me.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #13: Apr 29, 2007 08:28:23 pm
      Why keep him til January? His contract finishes next summer & from Jan he will be able to sign a pre-contract with another club. Even if this wasn't the case, why keep him? All he has shown in 4 seasons is that he's hardly ever fit. Do some people on here wanna win the league or what? Simple fact is we have the manager, we have the tactics, and now we have the financial backing. All we need are the players, and with new players coming in, some are gonna leave. Harry Kewell would be one of the first on that list for me.
      taught he had another year on contract...if thats the case i agree with you 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Apr 29, 2007 08:38:54 pm
      taught he had another year on contract...if thats the case I agree with you 

Even if he did have another year, what has he done in 4 years that deserves being given another 6 months?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2007 08:55:45 am
      I'd give him one last chance, he has the ability so if he can get 15+ games on a run i thinkk he'll be a massive benift to us!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2007 10:55:25 am
      I'd give him one last chance, he has the ability so if he can get 15+ games on a run I thinkk he'll be a massive benift to us!

That's the thing, it's a massive IF, and that's not the mentality of a title winning squad. You cannot hold on to players for sentimental reasons, like they're a legend, or they've got the talent if they can stay fit. Every single member of your squad has to have enough talent, and be fit enough to play AT LEAST 40 games a season. Kewell cannot guarantee this, so he has to go. Throw in the fact that he's entering the last year of his contract in the summer & it's a no brainer.

This is the problem with a lot of people on here, and a lot of Liverpool fans in general. It's been so long since we won the league that people have forgotten the mentality needed. Much as I hate both of them, one of the things you have to admire about Mourinho & Ferguson is their ruthless streak in their determination for success. This is why Roy Evans failed, and Houllier, but is why Rafa will succeed. I just wish certain sections of the fans would get clued up, cos Rafa is gonna have to make these decisions if we're gonna win the league, and he doesn't need fans getting on his back over it.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2007 11:01:42 am
      your right it is a massive if but unless we sign another left winger he's the best we have so there isnt much of a choice, Speedy isnt good enough (he may need more time to settle) Riise is not a winger nor is Fabio, and with what looks like Rafa building a team based on 4-2-3-1 Kewell would be perfect. Yes I highly rate him and yes he is one of my favourite players but I think he's never not tried/or not put the effort in he's just been unlucky........
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2007 11:31:07 am
      your right it is a massive if but unless we sign another left winger he's the best we have so there isnt much of a choice, Speedy isnt good enough (he may need more time to settle) Riise is not a winger nor is Fabio, and with what looks like Rafa building a team based on 4-2-3-1 Kewell would be perfect. Yes I highly rate him and yes he is one of my favourite players but I think he's never not tried/or not put the effort in he's just been unlucky........

I don't disagree he's been unlucky, obviously no player wants to get injured, but the fact is a time has to come when you say enough's enough. For me that time has come. The only way I would consider keeping him is if he was willing to sign a pay as you play deal, and even then I'd keep two other LM's as he'd hardly ever be fit. But let's face it, if he was on that deal this season he'd still have earned nothing so far!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2007 12:03:36 pm
      Agree eddiec you cant hold onto players on the off chance they will eventually be fit for a full season. I think harry is a super player but iwe cant take a chance on him being fit for next season and should take what we can get for him in the summer
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2007 04:10:49 pm
      Just seen Herrys on the bench tonight for the ressie's do any of the members check out the ressie games?

Really hope he gets 45mins under his belt with no injury issues, he may gat a game before the end of the season but good to here he's back :)
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #21: Apr 30, 2007 04:54:25 pm
      just heard he is on the bench, he will make his comeback in the champions league final  ;D. Hope to see him back soon though, we need a top class left winger and lets be honest when hes at the top of his game he is top class
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Apr 30, 2007 09:13:34 pm

This is the problem with a lot of people on here, and a lot of Liverpool fans in general. It's been so long since we won the league that people have forgotten the mentality needed. Much as I hate both of them, one of the things you have to admire about Mourinho & Ferguson is their ruthless streak in their determination for success. This is why Roy Evans failed, and Houllier, but is why Rafa will succeed. I just wish certain sections of the fans would get clued up, cos Rafa is gonna have to make these decisions if we're gonna win the league, and he doesn't need fans getting on his back over it.

Absolutely spot on.
      It is very big shame that some younger Liverpool fans don't even know what it's like to win a league title. And it's even more of a shame when you have people who can remember what it's like to win the league, but forget that there's no room for sentiment.
      I'm a big fan of Kewell from his Leeds days. He was such a good player back then and I was over the moon when we signed him. But I'm afraid that he's never been "that good" for us. And with adding the injuries (which of course isn't his fault - just unlucky) then I really do think his days are numbered.
      If I knew as soon as he comes back to full fitness that he's gonna be the player he was for Leeds, then I'd be saying keep him for a while!!!
      But Rafa needs a top class winger down the left and one that's younger, fitter, quicker and with hunger! That's what Kewell used to be like for Leeds remember...

I just hope Rafa picks one that isn't hyped up as much as Gonzalez was, because the hype hasn't been justified in my opinion and probably hasn't helped him settle.

Anyway, Kewell got off to good start on his return for the reserves.
      from .tv:

Harry Kewell made an impressive return from injury when he created a goal during Liverpool Reserves 3-1 win over Everton in the mini derby at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground on Monday night. 
      The Reds number seven hadn't kicked a ball since scoring for Australia against Croatia in the World Cup and has been on the sidelines all season. He came on after 55 minutes and played on the left wing.

Kewell made an instant impact too. He was only on the field for five minutes when he beat two defenders down the left and set up Craig Lindfield for a tap-in from close range.

Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #23: Apr 30, 2007 10:05:14 pm
      Big difference here, It took pennant 7 months or so to show some form, its taken harry 4 years and were still waiting.

I dont think were still waiting i fought he had a good year last year but theres no point in him being fit for the final as he would just get 'injured' again like the last 2 finals
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #24: May 01, 2007 07:34:02 am
      I think Kewell owes Liverpool a lot, we have stuck by him, and he should sign a new deal and the end of the season and lets see if he can make it next season, he is a great player when fit and not many better than him out there, if he signs up for a 2 or 3 year deal, and he does make it we have a great player, if he does not make it we can sell him in Jan. or the end of next season and get good money.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #25: May 01, 2007 08:40:05 am
      I agree with you graham135uk, i think we should give him a new deal, and see if he produces,he could be a fantastic addition, like a free transfer, 4 years ago, i dont think anyone could have said we wouldnt be interested? If he regains his full fitness and form, and stays injury free, then i think he will be fantastic, like its been said, he owes liverpool alot, if he doesnt perform, then transfer him out and still get a price for him, if he performs, who knows what a player he could turn out to be, remember Leeds??!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: May 01, 2007 11:06:00 am
      I agree with you graham135uk, I think we should give him a new deal, and see if he produces,he could be a fantastic addition, like a free transfer, 4 years ago, I dont think anyone could have said we wouldnt be interested? If he regains his full fitness and form, and stays injury free, then I think he will be fantastic, like its been said, he owes liverpool alot, if he doesnt perform, then transfer him out and still get a price for him, if he performs, who knows what a player he could turn out to be, remember Leeds??!!

How much longer are people like yourself gonna keep saying this for? He's been here four seasons & still people are saying the same thing. He's only played 120 times in those four seasons, that's 30 times a season FFS, and this guy's no bit part player when he is fit. I refer you to my earlier post, and Redkenny's, comments like this are showing a serious lack of ambition by certain sections of our support. If he loves the club as much as he says, fine, he'll go on a pay as you play deal. If he doesn't we'll know where his loyalties lie, which IMO was proved after his missus spouted all that sh!t on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #27: May 01, 2007 11:06:29 am
      Kewell For England!!

Yes, well, I have had quite alot of coffee this morning, but my argument is still the same (bias as an ex left winger should be "left wingers club 1980 - 1994")

Kewell is still the best lefty we have, (when fit) Zenden is a yard slower than he was at Barca at least, comming to the end of his usefulness and can only really cut it in the inside left position, no use unless you are playing a 5 man midfield.

Gonzo is, at the moment, a 1 trick pony and a lightweight one at that.  he needs to get into the gym like a certain Mr. Ronaldo has, and then stop trying to beat full backs with the old "kick it and run" tactic that might work against the micky mouse teams he was used to playing against in Chile etc. but not against a street wise rough and tumble Premiership full back who shows him the outside, and then laughs when they take it off him.

I'm not saying he can't or won't get better, but he has flattered to deceive this year and certainly hasn't impressed me!

Kewell is the best we have, and when on form and fit, can go outside, cut in, shoot and cross with both feet (why professional footballers ALL can't kick with both feet is beyond me, but thats a whole new topic) and really gives the full back and centre half a tough time.  He also isn't afraid to get stuck in.

I think Kewell has still got lots to offer our club, and if you can tell me a better left winger who's available at the mo, then lets hear it because there aren't many about and better still, wev'e already got this one, wev'e paid him enough so I think he will be eager to perform.

And if you push me all the way, I would have him in the side tonight, as their right back would shi* his pants!! Kewell and Pennant, with Gerrard and Macha in the middle.

God this coffee is GOOOOOOOOOOD.   :o :shake:

DH

PS.  You wanted more Eddie, you got it!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: May 01, 2007 11:33:44 am
      lets trust rafa in his ideas...........i am sure if he thinks that kewell is not enough good for his team  ,,than i am sure he will not resign him next term.................... .. he just got 25 mins in the reserves in a 3-1 win against everton lets hope its a good sign........
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #29: May 01, 2007 11:43:02 am
      lets trust rafa in his ideas...........I am sure if he thinks that kewell is not enough good for his team  ,,than I am sure he will not resign him next term.................... .. he just got 25 mins in the reserves in a 3-1 win against everton lets hope its a good sign........

All well & good using the 'In Rafa We Trust' mantra, and I do trust his judgement, but this is a discussion forum, it'd be pretty boring if all we ever said was' Leave Rafa to it, he knows what he's doing'
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #30: May 01, 2007 11:49:39 am
      Agreed Eddie, and I thing he got it wrong in the first leg, with steve out wide wasted, and Zenden??  on the left,

but this is about Kewell so don't be surprised if he is on the bench tonight.  You heard it here first folks.   going for lunch now,  and another coffeeeeeeee

DH
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: May 01, 2007 12:00:40 pm
      All well & good using the 'In Rafa We Trust' mantra, and I do trust his judgement, but this is a discussion forum, it'd be pretty boring if all we ever said was' Leave Rafa to it, he knows what he's doing'
      well and good and i agree about this being a discussion forum,,, and thats the nice thing about it ...that is.....not everyone agrees on everything...that will be a BORING forum...............and thats why i like this one,,,everyone post whastever he or she thinks  ,,,,,keep it up  ..........and COME ON YOU REDS FOR TONIGHT
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #32: May 01, 2007 04:15:32 pm
      Sorry Eddiec, i think your wrong, yes i can see were your coming from "but" what have we to lose in giving him another deal, if we sell him at the end of the season were not going to get very much for him because he has been out for so long, if we give him another deal then we can see how he does next season, if he makes it all the better, if not we sell him, so nothing to lose.
      When fit he is one of the best left wingers in the prem, so I'm hope we can see the best of him soon.
      Have a good day. ;D ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: May 01, 2007 04:20:47 pm
      Sorry Eddiec, I think your wrong, yes I can see were your coming from "but" what have we to lose in giving him another deal, if we sell him at the end of the season were not going to get very much for him because he has been out for so long, if we give him another deal then we can see how he does next season, if he makes it all the better, if not we sell him, so nothing to lose.
      When fit he is one of the best left wingers in the prem, so I'm hope we can see the best of him soon.
      Have a good day. ;D ;D

If we don't give him another deal, £60,000 a week for a year, which is £3m, plus a potential £4m lost in transfer revenue

If we do give him another deal, £60,000 a week, possibly more, possibly up to three years if no-one wants to buy him after another season injured. Maybe as much as £10m
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #34: May 01, 2007 05:29:27 pm
      Too high maintenance for a player that never plays. Hes just the Australian Beckham, I cant believe we pay for his flights to Australia and back its a joke!!
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #35: May 01, 2007 06:32:16 pm
      I think kewell is rafa's blue eyed boy, he keeps giving him chance after chance.  It'll be interesting to see what rafa does cos i think we've been lacking down the left, i think Riise has had his worst season at the club, speedy hasnt really set the world alight, but has suffered with injuries, i would send him on season-long loan to another premership team. I like the look of Aurelio, suffered with injuries when played looked impressive, and finally Bolo Zenden is just pathetic!!!! So there is a gap that kewell IF returns to form could fill, but will summer money available will rafa just re-build the left side
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2007 11:34:04 am

Typical news of Harry taken from Liverpool.tv
      No doubt he's been fit for a while now, and has been afraid of getting injured before the BIG game.
      I'm sorry but he should not be considered for the squad in Athens, we have got there without him and those players should be rewarded with the honour of a final place.
      Yes I do think he is a very good player on his day, probably our best option, but he owes Liverpool a lot, but for Athens no - also match fitness would be a joke for him.

Harry Kewell has declared himself fit and ready to aid Liverpool's quest for Champions League glory. 
      The Australian midfielder kicked his first ball of the season as a substitute against Fulham last week and could play a part in the Reds' final league game of the season against Charlton on Sunday.

With the Champions League final now less than two weeks away, Kewell is hoping his return to full fitness will be rewarded with a place in the squad for Athens.

"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell said. "We did testing the other day, everything went well. The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.

"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games." 
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: May 11, 2007 12:23:37 pm
      Do you know what the sceptic in me thought he might get fit for the final, well if he's picked and he plays all is in the past and he would get my full support whilst wearing a red shirt.
      Tell you what though its not a bad job if you can get one is it? his contribution to our season is half an hour against Fulham and he may make the Champions league final, bloody hell father Christmas works more than he does! but all in all if its a choice between a fit up for it Kewell or Zenden i know who i would pick.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #38: May 11, 2007 12:30:09 pm
      Kewell will come good................

yes i know the injuries and he hasnt really proved himself constantly but I cant believe he's worse than what we've got.

Sub for CL final come on and turn the game for us (in a goodway!)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #39: May 11, 2007 02:00:09 pm
      Surprise,surprise,another final and kewells fit,cant be bad playing for 10 minutes picking up a winners medal..What a record to have..
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #40: May 11, 2007 02:17:48 pm
      Skeptic Redman,   I know it seems a bit like 2 years ago but he must have worked his socks off to get fit, Rafa wouldn't be playing him now if he didn't have him in mind for the final and not at all if he thought he was "swinging the led"  he doesn't suffer fools lightly in my opinion.

A good game against Charlton (laying one on for Robbie to score) and it gives him options, otherwise its Zenden and he's just lost it in my opinion.

Dave H (unofficial leader of the "save the Kewell" campain)!

DH
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #41: May 11, 2007 02:39:53 pm
      You neva know. lightening can strike twice. Im with the redman...10 mns, his off and we win the cl final gain.
      Harryu has declared himself fitter than ever......sounds ominous
      Source: lfc.tv

KEWELL: I'M FEELING FITTER THAN EVER
      Paul Eaton 11 May 2007 
        Harry Kewell has declared himself fit and ready to aid Liverpool's quest for Champions League glory. 
      The Australian midfielder kicked his first ball of the season as a substitute against Fulham last week and could play a part in the Reds' final league game of the season against Charlton on Sunday.

With the Champions League final now less than two weeks away, Kewell is hoping his return to full fitness will be rewarded with a place in the squad for Athens.

"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell said. "We did testing the other day, everything went well. The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.

"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games." 
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #42: May 11, 2007 03:23:14 pm
      Surprise,surprise,another final and kewells fit,cant be bad playing for 10 minutes picking up a winners medal..What a record to have..

Must agree you on this one...

Skeptic Redman,   I know it seems a bit like 2 years ago but he must have worked his socks off to get fit, Rafa wouldn't be playing him now if he didn't have him in mind for the final and not at all if he thought he was "swinging the led"  he doesn't suffer fools lightly in my opinion.

A good game against Charlton (laying one on for Robbie to score) and it gives him options, otherwise its Zenden and he's just lost it in my opinion.

Dave H (unofficial leader of the "save the Kewell" campain)!

DH

Just one Question "How would you feel as a player ,if you worked hard all season and someone else in the same squad as you came into the team and took your place in the Final after he had been out all season injuried?"
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: May 11, 2007 07:07:21 pm
      No wonder he's feeling fitter than ever, has done f*ck all for 2 years !!   ;) ;D
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #44: May 12, 2007 12:53:07 pm
      Must agree you on this one...

Just one Question "How would you feel as a player ,if you worked hard all season and someone else in the same squad as you came into the team and took your place in the Final after he had been out all season injured?"

I would feel pissed off but that is not the players call, its the manager and if he thinks harry should play then he will play,   he put him in 2 years ago to upset the aging defense, and now they are even older so who knows  (Rafa) players don't pick the team, not even Stevie picks the team, else he wouldn't put himself on the right!

our best chance in the final is to attack them, not sit back to be picked off, so you put on your best attacking players.  I say again, on the left thats Harry   and if not  who?   if you can tell me who's better i will eat my mouse!

DH :boxing: :boxing:
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #45: May 12, 2007 01:01:09 pm
      harry on the left would be for the best
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #46: May 12, 2007 08:04:51 pm
      I would feel pissed off but that is not the players call, its the manager and if he thinks harry should play then he will play,   he put him in 2 years ago to upset the aging defense, and now they are even older so who knows  (Rafa) players don't pick the team, not even Stevie picks the team, else he wouldn't put himself on the right!

our best chance in the final is to attack them, not sit back to be picked off, so you put on your best attacking players.  I say again, on the left thats Harry   and if not  who?   if you can tell me who's better I will eat my mouse!

DH :boxing: :boxing:

First you say he played in 2005 "to upset an aging defence" then went off injured,since then has spent more time lay on his back in the physio room than on his feet on the pitch....
      Second and this is only my opinion ,I would chose JAR...gets forward and back tracks ,can also drop into defence and play left back ,something which Mr.KEWELL to my knowledge can not do...
      Then again if its aging defences as you say we need to beat then how about MR.Bellamy who I am sure you agree as pace..

PS. Dont eat your mouse ,have a cheese sandwich instead...its cruel to mice
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #47: May 12, 2007 10:33:32 pm
      I think that last season Kewell was brilliant great goal against Everton too.
      plus Kewell is better than any left winger we've got he may not play much but when he does he's more influential than Riise,Gonzalez or zenden
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #48: May 13, 2007 11:06:09 am
      PS. Dont eat your mouse ,have a cheese sandwich instead...its cruel to mice

:D :D :D
      Kewell will come good................

yes I know the injuries and he hasnt really proved himself constantly but I cant believe he's worse than what we've got.

Sub for CL final come on and turn the game for us (in a goodway!)

I agree he is better than the other options we have, and personally if he is fit enough I would play him in the final. However I don't think he can go a full season without missing half of it, so for me he has to go in the summer. I would actually have a complete revamp of the left in the summer, also getting rid of Gonzales (maybe only on loan) & Zenden too, buying a class player who's an out & out winger, and keeping Luis Garcia for when we want someone to cut in from the left rather than getting down the byeline.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #49: May 13, 2007 11:43:41 am
      There is no doubt, he is going to play the CL Final; Predicted Line up:

Reina

Riise
      Agger
      Carra
      Finnan

Kewell
      Mascha
      Alonso
      Stevie (On the right)

Kuyt
      Crouch

I think that Stevie on the right would pull Gattuso out of the middle, with Mascha and Alosno workin on Kaka and Seedorf.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #50: May 13, 2007 04:09:04 pm
      I seem to remember everybody praising Kewell when he took a full strength Chelski defense to the cleaners not so long ago, and a few others. Also, it doesn't make sense to me to have a player for four seasons with little return mainly due to injury, and then get rid of him when youv'e battled for a season to get him fit. Surely we need to see how he performs and how his fitness holds up before off loading him. Having said that, Champions league final first meaningfull game back ? A  bit early methinks !
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #51: May 13, 2007 07:59:58 pm
      I know he hasnt played much since his come back but i think he is looking better than he has at his time at Liverpool,
      he showed us again that he wants to pay us back for waiting for him to come back.

He is probably our best option on the left wing at the moment but i dont know if he is fit enought to play a hole game come on and make the diffrence but he and  Rafa will know this.

I would love to see him play in the final and produce his best and prove all his doubters wrong.But this is up to Rafa.

IN RAFA WE TRUST

Lets Bring it back home :champ: :champ:

YNWA
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #52: May 14, 2007 12:56:30 am
      Put it this way, I think Harrys performance today put all the forum doubters to rest!

Well I'm going to say it now so... I told you so!

He best be started in the final, we need someone that is capeable to do the job!!
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #53: May 14, 2007 03:40:55 am
      Only saw the highlights but theres a few of you eating your words right now. Im not the most bias of aussies and i really think we need to sign another left winger and have Kewell as cover. Theres no doubt he played a telling part in last seasons honours. Man of the match in the Cup semi and scored a few crucial goals against Everton and Spurs. At the moment the alternative is Zenden and Gonzalez, both arent good enough for LFC and should be let go. Kewell dosent choose to be injured all the time and anyone who suggests otherwise is quiet possibly the most un-intelligent person this side of the sun. When he is fit his committment is undeniable nor his talent.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #54: May 14, 2007 08:59:32 am
      Yes, Well done Harry :)

He looked very good yesterday (in a apperance way) looked lean fit and up for it, excellent shot to hit the bar and very good pen.........

Is defineitly gonna play some part int he final but not sure how much, if he starts and doesnt performe/gets injured then I think most people will say good bye but if he plays well then roll on next season as i think he'll be excellent!!!

:)
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #55: May 14, 2007 09:36:37 am
      On that sort of attacking performance I'd be tempted to play him up front or just off roaming with Gerrard, HOORAH we now have an attacker with flair pace and trickery !
      Cy
      Reply #56: May 14, 2007 09:41:11 am
      Yes, Well done Harry :)

He looked very good yesterday (in a apperance way) looked lean fit and up for it, excellent shot to hit the bar and very good pen.........

Is defineitly gonna play some part int he final but not sure how much, if he starts and doesnt performe/gets injured then I think most people will say good bye but if he plays well then roll on next season as I think he'll be excellent!!!

:)
      Yes he played well, but only 30 minutes against Charlton! The question if Kewell is a good or not a good player has never been an issue in this forum, everybody would agree that he is a good player and good option in the left, the issue is his fitness and the huge salarial mass we have to pay Harry for very very little football.

Yes it was a good effort when he hit the cross bar but not an excellent shot as it didnt go in, as for his penalty just in but in so good (although I'm quite confident that Dida would have save that.)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #57: May 14, 2007 09:57:13 am
      I would also like to put a couple of things into perspective before you name Harry player of the year, the lad has come back from nearly a year out and has played fifteen minutes against Fulham and thirty minutes yesterday against an already relegated Charlton in a game that would have made a testimonial look lively so before we start with the “I told you so” posts can we take a step back and not over react. Yes there is cause for optimism because he does look fitter than I can ever remember and he has looked busy and is actually capable of crossing a ball and causing some damage to teams unlike some of the left wingers we have used this year, but don't forget this is a man who has seen more injuries than claims direct! and that is the only reason you will hear some fans being anti Kewell on here because they are not counting their chickens that we have a secret weapon for the final.
      As I said in a earlier post what's done is done and when that lad has a red shirt on I will back him 100% because he is on his day a very classy destructive player and that is something we lack on the left I just hope that “his day” is in Athens for the final and he doesn't resurrect his Liverpool career but starts it properly and goes on to a new beginning.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 09:58:25 am by Glenbuck »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #58: May 14, 2007 10:21:13 am
      Haha love it ;D

I saw he played against Charlton yesterday?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #59: May 14, 2007 10:48:58 am
      Yeah I agree but IMO he is better than what we have, i hope he doesnt start to be fair tho as i dont think he could last 90mins so bringing him on will be the better option...

I know he has alot to prove as he hasnt really achived anything for us but I do belive 'IF' he is over his injuries then he will be a massive player for us....

I'm not saying he needs to go through the whole season without getting injured as that is very hard to do but aslong as he doesnt get injuried for extended periods......
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #60: May 14, 2007 10:50:54 am
      Come on no one is saying that its a perfect situation i.e. time on the pitch before the big one, but point is he showed in 45 mins what our whole team has been missing for 9 months flair up front and the ability to turn a game with some skill, for me that puts him ahead of most for the final + he looks so fresh he is clearly as fit as ever !
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #61: May 14, 2007 11:23:09 am
      people 's criticism of harry kewell is over the top we've had far worse players at liverpool, I'm sure anybody with a brain will agree that a fit and well harry kewell is a very good player to have he's on a high wage but it's through no fault of his own that he's injured. people should be more reasonable am try and see things from his point of view it must be really frustrating having to go off in a champions league and fa cup final and missing  playing the game every week.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #62: May 14, 2007 12:53:26 pm
      liverpools passing and movement yesterday was woefull,  after kewell and alonso came on our game improved visibly harry looked dangerous and confident a cracking shot against the bar, a decent secondary assist and an ok pen. he is without a doubt our best left sided player. i agree about his fitness issues but selling him his mad he wants to prove himself so let him.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #63: May 14, 2007 01:14:22 pm
      people 's criticism of harry kewell is over the top we've had far worse players at liverpool, I'm sure anybody with a brain will agree that a fit and well harry kewell is a very good player to have he's on a high wage but it's through no fault of his own that he's injured. people should be more reasonable am try and see things from his point of view it must be really frustrating having to go off in a champions league and fa cup final and missing  playing the game every week.

To be honest I can't recall anyone criticising Kewell's talent, or saying it's his fault he gets injured. Simple fact is though, he's been with us four seasons and has been out with long term injuries in every single one.

How long do people think is reasonable enough for a player to prove themselves? Personally I think four seasons is more than enough. Kewell's a great player, but can't stay fit for long enough. We aren't gonna win the Premiership with crocks. I would play him in the final, as I agree he is the best option we have on the left, but for me he still has to go in the summer as I very much doubt he'll go the whole of next season without another major injury.
      WhistonChris
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #64: May 16, 2007 10:12:38 am
      A fit, injury free, Kewell is well worth having in the line-up. Didn't play a bad 30 odd minutes against Charleton did he?

I reckon Raffa will have him in the squad for Athens. I don't think he'll be in the starting line-up, but may well be used as an impact player in the second half.

On his day, Kewell can be a world beater. His game for Australia in the World Cup qualifier against Uraguay was outstanding, as were his appearences in the tournament. I wouldn't be selling him short just yet. Another bad injury and I might alter my view. What Kewell MUST do now is repay Liverpool's and Raffa's faith in him and PERFORM. We might all be glad of Kewell come full-time in Athens.
      LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #65: May 16, 2007 03:08:29 pm
      Good player, never fit. Time to get rid.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #66: May 16, 2007 05:41:03 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DuaSDHAarg

I know it's a bit late now but thought i would show it, insua also looks good in that clip.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #67: May 16, 2007 07:36:21 pm
      As I said in a earlier post what's done is done and when that lad has a red shirt on I will back him 100% because he is on his day a very classy destructive player and that is something we lack on the left I just hope that “his day” is in Athens for the final and he doesn't resurrect his Liverpool career but starts it properly and goes on to a new beginning.

Well put Glenbuck - my sentiments exactly.

Too many "hate him, get rid of him" posters on our forum. (Be it for Harry or any other player).

Harry being fit is like having a new player on the books, despite the fact he's been here 4 years!
      The timing is ironic it must be said but Rafa has a headache now, who starts on the left?

My choice would be Riisse as Left-back and wait for it, Zenden on the Left wing. Give Zenden whatever time it takes to see how the game pans out. Riisse can defend, overlap, attack and track back giving Zenden time and space to do his thing. He was surprisingly up for it v Chelsea and while Milan are a different kettle of fish memories of the 1st half of 2005 Final will be fresh in everyones' mind.
      If that option is not working bring on Kewell and let him run riot. He has pace and ability as we are aware and harping on about his past can be saved for another day.

Now is the time and if or when Kewell plays in a RED shirt I would seriously like him to exorcise a few demons in the Final. I do believe he has the passion and desire to get the job done, if only as a sub. Positive thinking can have miraculous events.
      (I still remember the volley he scored against Spurs, that was pure class!  ;))
      And the vision and pass from Finnan is quite outstanding too!

And the derby winner v Everton in 2005!  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2007 07:39:12 pm by RED1028 »
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: May 16, 2007 07:57:51 pm
      To be honest add rather have kewell on the left wing than Gonzarlez Or Zenden, he made a big impact in the charlton game, he came on took players on put great crosses in to box and also hit the cross bar and caused the keeper problems, if he keeps away from injurys he could be a good player for us next season. 
      WIL1979
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #69: May 17, 2007 01:11:58 pm
      Without a doubt a fit Harry Kewell is a massive plus for us.  The guy clearly wants to play regularly and certainly has a lot to prove to the players, the manager, fana and himself.  Give him a chance in  athens and im sure he'll be great
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #70: May 17, 2007 05:59:36 pm
      Kewell is a class player, and if we can keep him fit, he will do a good job for us on the left, there are not many better than him out there, so I'm sure he will do a good job for us in Athens, and the push for the prem. next season.
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #71: May 17, 2007 08:34:09 pm
      Kewell is a class player, and if we can keep him fit, he will do a good job for us on the left, there are not many better than him out there, so I'm sure he will do a good job for us in Athens, and the push for the prem. next season.
      couldnt agree more.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #72: May 17, 2007 10:34:25 pm
      I think the C L Final is a bit early for Kewell to start as I said earlier but as a sub for the later stages, with crouchy on. Crouchy would get some quality service from both flanks with Penn on the right. That can only spell trouble for Milan, got to be tried at some stage of the match, surely!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: May 18, 2007 04:17:23 am
      I'm just glad he cut his hair ;).......seriously though, Harry is a star...I just wish and hope we keep him and more importantly that he can stay fit for a whole season. He definitely is our best left winger coz he's got tricks, he takes on his opponents, never scared of anyone and I think he has a proper football brain......he will cause havoc down that left wing and put some telling crosses in and as GERNS said the crosses coming into Crouchie from Harry and Pennant would have any striker licking there lips...come on Harry....show us all how much this club means to you and go on and get a winners medal that you know and we know you actually deserve. :scarf: :champ:
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #74: May 23, 2007 07:48:46 pm
      Hi, Hello and Howdy...

The first thing that I will have to say is that Harry knows what he owes Liverpool...
      NOTHING would make him happier than to repay the fans and club for the patience
      and chances given, he has been a MASSIVE liverpool fan since he was a young lad,
      How many kids get to live out their dream of playing for their dream club,
      its not his desire or talent thats lacking, its his body
      That said, what are his chances of staying fit ?
      what is his real $ worth
      what sort of return are we going to get from him if he stays ?
      unfortunately these are questions that only time can answer

but for Heart and Talent alone, I'd have him in the squad, no questions
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #75: May 29, 2007 08:41:00 pm
      According to tonight's Echo, Kewell (along with Bellamy) could be on their way to Aston Villa. So maybe he won't get the chance to repay all the money he's earned and time lost for injuries. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I've been a fan since his Leeds days and was chuffed when we got him. But it's just an unfortunate case of bad luck for him and most of all, us! It boils down to, if we want to win the league, we can't risk gambling anymore. If he got another injury, well...........

Taken from Liverpool Echo:

Villa line up Anfield double swoopMay 29 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

ASTON VILLA and Spurs are ready to offer Harry Kewell a fresh start away from Anfield as Rafa Benitez targets left winger Florent Malouda.

The Midlands club are exploring the possibility of signing both Kewell and Craig Bellamy over the summer.

Liverpool hope to double their money on the £6m they paid for Bellamy a year ago, but Kewell, with only a year left on his contract, would be available at a knockdown price.

Click here for full article

Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #76: May 30, 2007 02:40:08 pm
      I really hope he stays, good pace, can beat the full back inside or out, 2 good feet (more than can be said for most) and can cross a ball and shoot, will probable get 5-10 a season (who else can do that from wide or midfield) 
      He hasn't shown what he can do on a consistant level but injuries aren't his fault, he's been very unlucky and in doing, so have we.

With Gonzo going, and Zenden, he is the only real attacking winger we have, if they bring in another, we should still keep him to fight for his place and to cover.

On his day he's a match winner, we just need more DAYS out of him.  have faith!!

DH
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Kewell,,,,,,,,,,, keep until jan transfer window
      Reply #77: May 30, 2007 03:33:51 pm
      kewell is pure quality,, we all know how good he can be, remember Man Utd wanted him as well just before he chose us over them,,,,,,, he loves the club which is great ,,,,, but,,,,, and theres a big but,,,,,,,,, he is never fit,,,,,,, in the 4years plus since he has been at the club, its either bad form or massive injury that has stopped him from flying down the wing doing what we paid him to do...........

I like the chap as a person and as a player, but thats got nothing to do with it,,,,,,, my view is to see how he is over the summer, we need x2 players with great ability in each position, so if we get a new left winger then probably get rid of him in the Jan transfer window after seeing if he can cut it through pre- season training...............b ut if he doesn't break down until the January transfer window then keep him ........ if there is any problems then plan to dump him in the Jan window......... its a hard one , because we know when fit he is the player we need with his crossing and flair but there is no time for -sentiment anymore at liverpool ,,,,,,,,,,,,  " liverpool is english football, -"english football is liverpool fc"
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #78: Jun 30, 2007 03:43:00 pm
       A rusty Australia made heavy work of minnows Singapore Saturday, struggling in the heat before two goals from Mark Viduka and a Harry Kewell rocket handed them a morale-boosting 3-0 victory.

Newcastle goal poacher Viduka headed home in the 50th minute in front of a passionate 45,000 fans at the Kallang National Stadium and the Liverpool attacker added a second 15 minutes from time.

Viduka sealed victory with four minutes to go.

But it was a far from convincing display from a side studded with European-based talent, with the humid conditions and lack of match practice taking their toll in their final warm-up ahead of the Asian Cup.

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill, out of the game for three months with a broken left foot, was not used while Kewell, still recovering from injury, only made an appearance in the 60th minute.

The Socceroos provided some early pressure, with Viduka and PSV Eindhoven's Jason Culina going close, but it was the ASEAN champions, ranked 134 in the world, who had the best of the first half.

A mistake by West Ham defender Lucas Neill set Singapore captain Indra Sahdan free in the 35th minute, forcing a fine save from Mark Schwarzer.

The Middlesbrough goalkeeper was in action again two minutes later, padding away the ball when the Singapore skipper again burst into space.

Sahdan was the danger man and clattered the crossbar just before the break, giving Australian coach Graham Arnold plenty to think about.

Australia emerged for the second half more attack-minded and it paid off when Culina broke free on the right to loop in a cross that Viduka rose to meet.

But Singapore kept coming and Khairul Amri crashed a well-struck left-foot shot against the woodwork in the 56th minute, with the Australian defence looking lost.

Kewell's introduction sparked some life and he made no mistake from the edge of the box when he found himself with just the keeper to beat in the 75th minute, burying the ball in the net.

Viduka tapped home a third with four minutes left.

Australia head into the Asian Cup finals as one of the favourites to win the continental tournament at their first attempt.

They are grouped with Thailand, Oman and Iraq and get their campaign underway against the Omanis in Bangkok on July 8.

Link : http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/June/30/viduka-and-kewell-on-target-for-rusty-australia

Lets hope Harry can stay fit, get some matches under his belt, and maybe be that elusive midfielder (bar Gerrard) to score us a few goals.
      We all know what Harry is capable of, so Harry your time is now or never.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #79: Oct 18, 2007 04:44:59 pm
      Just watched Rafa's Derby preview on LFC.tv and he has stated Kewell is back in training and is "nearly ready" but is not commenting whether he will start on Saturday or not.  I think he is one of the missing links in our team atm along with Alonso and even if we started him on the bench and bring him on after the break I feel we would see the difference in our attacking play

I still can't decide though who I would rather play on the left wing from Yossi and Kewell, Yossi has such qualities as being able to take on defences with more confidence and has a few tricks that can create space for a shot whereas Kewell works harder in pushing forward and sending in the crosses.  I think we should play them together and have Yossi in the centre with Gerrard or Alonso and see just how much of a difference they can make with their combined qualities. 
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 18, 2007 07:39:22 pm
      Theres no way Kewell is gona start,more realistic is he will have a reserve game and the probably feature in the Cardiff game,this game has too much riding on it for Harry to be risked.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #81: Oct 18, 2007 07:43:15 pm
      Kewell to probably play versus Cardiff in the Carling... ease him in - surely.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #82: Oct 18, 2007 09:55:31 pm
      Theres no way Kewell is gona start,more realistic is he will have a reserve game and the probably feature in the Cardiff game,this game has too much riding on it for Harry to be risked.

Maybe he could come on when we are kicking there ass 3-0?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #83: Oct 19, 2007 02:56:39 pm
      At least he has been taking care of himself....  :f_tongueincheek:

Pie eating sod.  As if he is going to be playing tomorrow!
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #84: Oct 19, 2007 03:01:25 pm
      harry kewell is crap, why cant some people just admit it, his heart isnt in it and his body certainly isnt !

and has played 2-3 good games for us in 3-4 years.

we still need someone to do a job on the left hand side,

JAR aint the anwser unless you want defensive midfielder and not winger and ryan babel is clearly not a left winger - i think were all hoping/ waiting for rafa to use him up front. (in the derby i hope)

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #85: Oct 19, 2007 03:07:43 pm
      harry kewell is crap, why cant some people just admit it, his heart isnt in it and his body certainly isnt !

-mate, firstly, by no means is harry kewell crap....when hes on song, hes a class player- very skillfull, and delivers a great cross from the left or right...

-secondly, wouldnt you be very fustrated and struggling to stay motivated if you got continuously injured?? I've been injured playing for the last 3 seasons on and off....and its the most fustrating and de-motivating thing to happen to anyone....give him a break....

-thirdly, he hasnt even played consecutive matches in the last 3 years to even judge him.....what? hes played one or two games back from injury and your going judge him on that?? its like calling jamie carragher crap since he's been back from his rib injury- which by the way he has been crap, but no one wants to admit that? do they?? give him a break, let him string some games together, and give him until january or next summer to prove himself....

I only want to get rid of him as he's a liability for this club, and he is a waist of a spot if hes going to get continuously injured...its best for both parties if they part ways...simple...
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 03:12:13 pm by scouser_10 »
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #86: Oct 19, 2007 03:12:50 pm
      i agree lets get rid asap!

if hes always injured, not motivated and not playing, hes not gonna be any use to anybody!

plus we are still lacking quality on the wings although i think benni might surprise a few people.

DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #87: Oct 22, 2007 08:33:33 am
      -mate, firstly, by no means is harry kewell crap....when hes on song, hes a class player- very skillfull, and delivers a great cross from the left or right...

-secondly, wouldnt you be very fustrated and struggling to stay motivated if you got continuously injured?? I've been injured playing for the last 3 seasons on and off....and its the most fustrating and de-motivating thing to happen to anyone....give him a break....

-thirdly, he hasnt even played consecutive matches in the last 3 years to even judge him.....what? hes played one or two games back from injury and your going judge him on that?? its like calling jamie carragher crap since he's been back from his rib injury- which by the way he has been crap, but no one wants to admit that? do they?? give him a break, let him string some games together, and give him until january or next summer to prove himself....

I only want to get rid of him as he's a liability for this club, and he is a waist of a spot if hes going to get continuously injured...its best for both parties if they part ways...simple...

yeah i agree, but as people on here keep bringing this up stoopidly going around again and again, nothing matters cos rafa has obviously made up his mind what hes going to do with kewell on either path the guy goes down. hes a big fan of kewell, no one wil make up his mind for him.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #88: Oct 22, 2007 12:34:04 pm
      We can't keep carrying this guy. 
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #89: Oct 23, 2007 01:46:36 pm
      Kewell is a class player but hes never fit. We've never seen wat he can really do nd now hes coming up to his prime. I say we give him to the end of the season nd thn if hes still not doing well send him back to his beloved Leeds
      White
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #90: Oct 23, 2007 01:47:50 pm
      Who the f""k would want to go to Leeds.

Anyway i want to give him to the end of the season but i have no faith in this guy.

Quick Reply