Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Pre Match: Sunderland v Liverpool (Premier League 17/10/09 3pm)

Read 17522 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Pre Match: Sunderland v Liverpool (Premier League 17/10/09 3pm)
      Reply #23: Oct 15, 2009 05:03:11 pm
      Voro and Doss to start! :couch:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2009 05:04:01 pm
      I have a feeling this is going to be a grinding out game with players coming in from all over the world tired from their international games. Reality is we don't know if Gerrard or Torres are fit enough to play and with Insua, Masch and Lucas coming back from South America. I would think maybe Rafa will start most but some of them will only have enough gas in the tank for 50-60 minutes so bench players will have to make a big impact off the bench.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2009 06:26:35 pm
      We have to get in amongst them and mix it with them, if we stop them playing who knows, (Steve Bruce) whenever he talks about the top teams, that's the sort of garbage he comes out with, now I ask you what sort of attitude is that, does it mean kick the sh*te out of them or just rough them up, what a way to play football, we only have to look at who taught the guy to know where he gets it from. It's only in England you will see this sort of comment, it means nothing, all I hope is if we lose it's because on the day they are the better team and not because they have to resort to rough house tactics.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2009 06:28:58 pm
      Come on you mighty reds we can beat sunderland all we have to do is keep jones and Darren Bent out of the game and we'll win 2-0 with Torres and yossi scoring
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #27: Oct 15, 2009 08:14:44 pm
      They will be confident after their result at the Theatre of S**te, but saw their game against Wolves and they were horrible that afternoon. Torres on form would have a field day against that back 4. But will be tough Andy Reid, Bent and Jones are all good players, would take a 1-0 with no injuries
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2009 08:19:51 pm
      They are a much improved side from last year and will be a tough test for us but i think we will have too much quality for them and hopefully come away with the three points.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2009 08:37:33 pm
      Sunderland did well against United, they will be reseted with United at home to Bolton, can only see a home win.And Villa playing Chelsea letts hope for a slip up, Sunderlands form is almost the same as ours so no slacking reds a must win
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2009 09:57:36 pm by tezmac »
      THE BIG RED 1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 15, 2009 09:56:16 pm
      Can't see Torres being risked ahead of a CL must win and the Manc game. Either Kuyt up top with Yossi or Babel off if Stevie G is injured as well.

The South American lads arrive back hours before the game and will rest up at Melwood before being assessed.

Aurelio will start at left back, Kyrgiakos is sidelined for up to 5 weeks and Agger has only completed one full game for Denmark so Carra and Skrtel it is against Jones and Bent.

Will Voronin get a game?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      Reply #31: Oct 15, 2009 09:58:51 pm
      Can't see Torres being risked ahead of a CL must win and the Manc game. Either Kuyt up top with Yossi or Babel off if Stevie G is injured as well.

The South American lads arrive back hours before the game and will rest up at Melwood before being assessed.

Aurelio will start at left back, Kyrgiakos is sidelined for up to 5 weeks and Agger has only completed one full game for Denmark so Carra and Skrtel it is against Jones and Bent.

Will Voronin get a game?

God not Voronin
      THE BIG RED 1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 15, 2009 09:59:42 pm

He's got to start sometime Tez lad, might as well be against the Mackems as anybody I suppose.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      Reply #33: Oct 15, 2009 10:07:30 pm
      He's got to start sometime TeX lad, might as well be against the Mackems as anybody I suppose.
      Would have liked to seen Nemeth blooded than Voronin but that's not to be. Somethings i don't understand like the Burnley or Hull game 4-0 up and Voronin comes on when the likes of Spearing left on the bench could do with the experience
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #34: Oct 15, 2009 10:20:19 pm
      For this i feel we need to go all out for a win nothing less than a 3-0 win will do as we need to bounce back from the disaster that happened at the chavs playground and to do that we need to get out the blocks from the off.

Although i want us to go all out for the win to be fair Sunderland's attacking force look to be on hot form at the moment so we have to get the balance correct. This game will show us if Glen Johnson can do both sides of his job as if we go all out he will be all up for the attacking but this game he will really need to drop back as Sunderland so far this season have been nothing short but deadly on counters.

Hope to see Torres carry on from the Hull game and put the Chelsea one behind him because if we can get momentum from Torres the whole team will be buzzing with confidence also i would love to see a bit of the old Steven Gerrard back if he plays. The team so far this season is lacking something its not clicking into place yet could this be the game where the team plays as one, i hope so.

Come on you reds ! YNWA

THE BIG RED 1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 15, 2009 10:37:11 pm
      For this i feel we need to go all out for a win nothing less than a 3-0 win will do as we need to bounce back from the disaster that happened at the chavs playground and to do that we need to get out the blocks from the off.

Although i want us to go all out for the win to be fair Sunderland's attacking force look to be on hot form at the moment so we have to get the balance correct. This game will show us if Glen Johnson can do both sides of his job as if we go all out he will be all up for the attacking but this game he will really need to drop back as Sunderland so far this season have been nothing short but deadly on counters.

Hope to see Torres carry on from the Hull game and put the Chelsea one behind him because if we can get momentum from Torres the whole team will be buzzing with confidence also i would love to see a bit of the old Steven Gerrard back if he plays. The team so far this season is lacking something its not clicking into place yet could this be the game where the team plays as one, i hope so.

Come on you reds ! YNWA

I never like to criticise if possible but that click is Lucas not being up to it mate.

I was looking at some stats the other day and our best ball delivery is Aurelio and Dossena the chip scurge king of Madid and Mancs.

Riera is not providing anything for Torres and in the absence of Xabi this season we should consider Aurelio or Doss out wide left instead of cow eyes IMO.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 16, 2009 02:22:50 am
      our team selection is the biggest variable in what the result is rafa is going to keep sunderlad guessing on that. due to injuries its very difficult to forcast result. but we cant afford a loss here. blood some up and coming players ayala,spearing ngog,pacheo
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Oct 16, 2009 03:24:19 am
      Not too confident going into this. We have a few players with knocks, not sure what kind of team Rafa will have at his diposal and Sunderland have Bent and Jones in some good form. Hopefully we can get the 3 points but I'm going to be a bit more realistic on this one and go the 2-2 draw.

Come on you Reds, I don't give a sh*t about my prediction, just take the 3 points and get the hell out of there.
      ad_rumi
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 16, 2009 03:25:50 am
      COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #39: Oct 16, 2009 09:25:02 am
      should be a tough tusse i would take any 3 points but a must win game for us.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #40: Oct 16, 2009 09:59:43 am
      Not too confident going into this. We have a few players with knocks, not sure what kind of team Rafa will have at his diposal and Sunderland have Bent and Jones in some good form. Hopefully we can get the 3 points but I'm going to be a bit more realistic on this one and go the 2-2 draw.

Agreed. More worried about this one than Utd. If we are don't get stuck in and take the game to Sunderland we will be in trouble and a win
      is a must.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Oct 16, 2009 01:58:06 pm
      Breaking news on Sky Sports is that Torres and Gerrard are out of the Sunderland game.
      Thanks a f**king lot Capello and Del Bosque. :mad: :f_steam: :mad:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Oct 16, 2009 02:01:32 pm
      Gerrard and Torres both out. Bollocks.

Reina

Johnson   Carra       Skrtel     Aurelio

Masch
                     Lucas

Kuyt               Yossi           Riera

Babel

Went for Aurelio over Insua because I think his experience will be key without Stevie for Nando. I was 50/50 on whether to go for Babel or Ngog but in the end went for Babel as he gives us the option of swapping with Kuyt now and again. Our bench is going to look mighty thin tomorrow.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Oct 16, 2009 02:04:15 pm
      Team for Sunderland?

Reina

Johnson                    Carra                                   Skrtel                    Aurelio

Lucas                                  Masch

Kuyt                                                 Benny                                      Riera

Babel/N'Gog
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #44: Oct 16, 2009 02:05:11 pm

Reina

Johnson   Carra       Skrtel     Aurelio

Masch
                     Lucas

Kuyt               Yossi           Riera

Babel

Went for Aurelio over Insua because I think his experience will be key without Stevie for Nando. I was 50/50 on whether to go for Babel or Ngog but in the end went for Babel as he gives us the option of swapping with Kuyt now and again. Our bench is going to look mighty thin tomorrow.

Ha just got there before me!  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Oct 16, 2009 02:05:35 pm

Reina

Johnson   Carra       Skrtel     Aurelio

Masch
                     Lucas

Kuyt               Yossi           Riera

Babel

Just shows you doesn't it. We get one or two key players out and you worry where the goals are gonna come from.

It's going to be an interesting game tomorrow.

Quick Reply