Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre Match: Sunderland v Liverpool (Premier League 17/10/09 3pm)

Read 17538 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Re: Pre Match: Sunderland v Liverpool (Premier League 17/10/09 3pm)
      Reply #138: Oct 17, 2009 11:16:52 am

I just think that we play kuyt up front and have riera and babel on both wings.Does anyone know if agger will be on the bench tonight

This is the side for me under the circumstances. A few players here need to make a nme for themselves. Hope thay're up to it. Also hope the travelling doesn't take too much out of Masch and Lucas as well. We will do well to win this but are capable if every one pulls thier weight.  2.1 the red men.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #139: Oct 17, 2009 11:20:52 am
      Except he isn't though is he. He's more than proved that over the end of last season and beginning of this.

I think we might be better starting Aurelio at LB and leaving Insua out of this one. He won't be used to the traveling at all yet.
      All right this one then

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,450 posts | 8656 
      Reply #140: Oct 17, 2009 11:22:02 am
      Babel is arguably better than Drogba so he should start more games for us.

You having a F***ing laugh with that one!

I might hate the c**t, but Drogba is far, far stronger player, than Rybaz will ever be!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #141: Oct 17, 2009 11:23:56 am
      Oh fcuk it. I was trying to copy down Paulrobbo's team selection but failed miserably, twice. You all know what I meant. In addition to that, do you think Aquilani might get a seat on the bench ? Hope so, in pace of Ngog who I don't rate very highly.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #142: Oct 17, 2009 11:25:37 am
      Massive game for most players today. Babel and Riera, in particular. Can they impress? I certainly F***ing hope so.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #143: Oct 17, 2009 11:26:58 am

:lmao: Think about what you're saying before you post it mate. Bit ridiculous that post.

I'm feeling a bit more confident this morning, had a dream that Skrtel would score in stoppage time to give us three points! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #144: Oct 17, 2009 11:35:05 am
      :lmao: Think about what you're saying before you post it mate. Bit ridiculous that post.

I'm feeling a bit more confident this morning, had a dream that Skrtel would score in stoppage time to give us three points! :D

Aye! Just won 1-0 on FM without Gerrard against Sunderland.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #145: Oct 17, 2009 11:46:26 am
      Real tough game this one, been hearing that we might be playing a 3-5-2, read that on Sky, that would be perfect IMO, suits Johnson and Aurelio down to the ground, Yossi maybe playing just behind two front men (Kuyt and Babel) not sure who would go in CM though, because the South Americans got back only yesterday, could end up seeing a youngster on the pitch, maybe Spearing. Obviously Agger, Carra and Skrtel at the back.

Real tough game, but if we win this then we could really go on a run, so come on lads lets put these pricks back in their place!!
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #146: Oct 17, 2009 12:10:34 pm
      I assume thts a joke comment, which by the way, i find very funny so nice one! :D 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #147: Oct 17, 2009 12:22:10 pm
      Re- last season, two thirds without G&T,Yet still won i high percentage of those games inc against Manure, Ok this season no Alonso either but we must have faith in what players are selected,We all have varying opinions of who those players will be, But as mentioned in a previous post Rafa could be play into Bruce's mind, We need to shore up the defence for sure, Bent and Kenwynn-jones will be buoyant after they were robbed at old toilet, They confidence they have will bolster their efforts today, I'm tied between playing Babel up front in the Torres role or bringing Kuyt in from the left, Benny in for Stevie or to replace Kuyt on the left, Riera has to play for me regardless with possibly Spearing on the bench as cover, Masch and Lucas won't be changed but  both have to be on top form, Again as mentioned in another post we all have to turn up today, A win would bolster our confidence no end and keep the anti- Liverpool mob in the gutter  where they belong, Despite what critics say this is not a must win game although nobody likes to lose, Going further behind the Chavs will not make good reading in the table,It's a long old season and plenty can happen between now and May, I predict a 1-2 win but wouldn't be disappointed in a draw.

Come on you red men,      YNWA         IRWT
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #148: Oct 17, 2009 12:24:25 pm
      Seems i can't tell my left from my right today.
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #149: Oct 17, 2009 12:31:11 pm
      I'm not going to lie i have no faith in babel but reckon he will have to play today. personally i would play Benny in Stevie's role and put ngog in torres. with spearing and babel as impact subs if need be. reckon this will be a hard game but i reckon we will win. its not just us who want to show that liverpool is not a two man club but I'm pretty sure all the players will want to show that too, so i have no doubt they will turn up for the club.

i reckon the chavs have a harder game today than we do, lookin forward to the post match celebration thread :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #150: Oct 17, 2009 12:37:04 pm
      Babel time.

He's been drinking in the last chance saloon for a long long while.  If he gets the nod today - and quite frankly he probably will - then he HAS to do something. Or he's gone.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #151: Oct 17, 2009 12:41:19 pm
      Babel time.

He's been drinking in the last chance saloon for a long long while.  If he gets the nod today - and quite frankly he probably will - then he HAS to do something. Or he's gone.

I think Babel will start today, but in a wider role than people may expect.
      Like many have said though, he needs to pick it up a gear or 2. Really hope for Liverpool and himself that he has an absolute blinder.
      Roxtorresfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #152: Oct 17, 2009 12:43:08 pm
      Come On LFC you have to win and beat Sutherland  :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #153: Oct 17, 2009 01:00:12 pm
      I'm not a huge fan of Babel even though the lad has everything going for him he hasnt measured up so far. However to be put under pressure like its your last chance wont help him one bit.If he plays I hope he gets a hatrick as the last time I looked he was still a Liverpool player.Whoever plays it should be a strong enough team to beat Sunderland who will have to attack us being at home.I have a soft spot for Sunderland having beaten Leeds in the FA cup final but I really hope  we destroy them today it would be such a boost for the lads especially without Stevie and Nando playing.I am going to use my not looking at any scores till 5 oclock trick it usually brings dividends but I always forget Utd dont finish until 10 past 5.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #154: Oct 17, 2009 01:28:12 pm
      Really worried about this game lads gotta be honest. No Gerrard or Torres, Aqualini not back :( This could be a tough tough day for us. But as ever keep the faith, COME ON REDS
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #155: Oct 17, 2009 01:31:39 pm
      If we lose this, I'm sorry to say, but it's well and truly season over
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #156: Oct 17, 2009 01:36:00 pm
      Come on lads, we need the right Liverpool to turn up today.

Huge chance for some of the squad players to step up.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #157: Oct 17, 2009 01:40:04 pm
      Yeap, the lads need to prove their worth when they're in the spotlight, hopefully we put in a good shift.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #158: Oct 17, 2009 01:44:18 pm
      Reading some of these comments some of you sound like defetists,what the hell's the matter with yez'
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #159: Oct 17, 2009 01:51:08 pm
      Our squad will show its worth today, wee yossi will show how to do it, johnson will be boming on, he is hard to defnd against, and im sure kuyt will pop up with a goal.

These guys will want to prove they can turn teams over without gerrard & torres.

Come on the reds.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #160: Oct 17, 2009 01:53:23 pm
      Yeah COME ON REDS we need a result today - no matter how pretty :)

Quick Reply