Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Sunderland?

Lucas Leiva
      (9.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (69.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (20.5%)

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown

Read 42181 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown
      Reply #161: Oct 17, 2009 06:45:43 pm
      Just don't get it. Didn't need to be done in my opinion, our usual set up didn't have to change.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #162: Oct 17, 2009 06:48:00 pm
      We played with 5 defensive players.

With Lucas and Spearing in the middle :(

Did anyone not have a strange feeling in the stomach on hearing the team...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #163: Oct 17, 2009 06:49:04 pm
      We played with 5 defensive players.

With Lucas and Spearing in the middle :(

Did anyone not have a strange feeling in the stomach on hearing the team...

I did.

It was weird, and like I said in the post above, didn't need to be done.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #164: Oct 17, 2009 06:49:57 pm

For f**k's sake.

Another thing, Mascherano saying he's tired? Hmm.
      he had a game against Bolivia on Sunday,had to listen to Maradona talk about blowjobs all week,had another game on wendsday didn't get home til late last night dunno about you but id be tired too
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #165: Oct 17, 2009 06:52:40 pm
      Masch was a difference when he came on though i think, suddenly seemed to be a little more composure. But i reckon he woulda been one stuffed b***ard, i have done long haul flights a few times recently and it really does mess you up. The international set up should never allow for a player to come back so late.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #166: Oct 17, 2009 06:58:08 pm
      Masch was a difference when he came on though I think, suddenly seemed to be a little more composure. But I reckon he woulda been one stuffed b***ard, I have done long haul flights a few times recently and it really does mess you up. The international set up should never allow for a player to come back so late.

Yeah. Plus I think he's the Argentine Captain. He must have been under huge pressure. Imagine having to carry out Maradonas game plan ie. listen to the ramblings of a loon. I watched the Argentina-Peru match live on Sky. The weather was unbelievably bad, force 9 gale and heavy rain, could barely see the players. Dont usually buy into this 'tired' stuff after flying off to play a match, but in his case it's understandable.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #167: Oct 17, 2009 06:59:54 pm
      I actually think the title of this thread is quite appropriate, my mind is in meltdown mode right now!

Is this sh*t form going to continue. I have no idea what's going wrong.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #168: Oct 17, 2009 07:02:07 pm
      Sorry a bit off topic but I'll get to it:

It seems all the Rafa bashers are just waken up from a deep slumber. Where were you when we won our 5th Champions League while our league results were not that great? Where were you when we nearly scared the hell out of Mancs last season? Where were you when we beat their sorry a**es in Anfield and Old Toilet? These so called Liverpool fans are just f**king hypocrites! Crying for Rafa's head are we now? Where were you when we are seriously and desperately wanting to get rid of those two yank clowns?

There's people regretting his/her mom's decision to put Liverpool shirt on him/her. There's some who constantly criticizing Rafa's tactics and selection of players. There's even some who I think don't even care about Liverpool but just want to jump on to the bandwagon wanting Rafa to be sacked. What a f**king joke all of you inbreds! I just couldn't understand one thing and I hope someone could tell me. Why all the sudden people blaming Rafa for his selection of players, or his rotation policy or his tactical approach or even how he handled the transfer market? Yes, we do sometimes question his tactical approach in some games but he's just a manager. He just give instruction to his players, but the players were responsible to carry his instructions. But I'm not saying what he had right now in his disposal are not good but lacking in depth that's all.

Who's the real culprit behind our lacklustre performance this season? Some said it's Rafa fault to let go of Alonso when he played the best football last season. But did you ever analyze his games starting from the first game when he signed for us? Rafa's only wanted to sell Alonso when I think his games went into decline a season prior to last. I know most of you never been a manager but most of you do play FM or CM. How frustrating you could be when your player not playing at his best at least two seasons in a row? That was Rafa reaction when Alonso not playing well for us. He's not judging from a single or two games but his judgement based on seasonal performance of a player. So if he thought of selling Alonso at that time, there must be something wrong with Alonso's performance. But the real poison is our owner. As an owner of a great club like Liverpool, you should at least make effort to comply with whoever in his manager's wishlist, but being a self-centred greedy pr**ks as they are right now, I could assume only 30% of Rafa's targeted players were achievable. Let me see here, Daniel Alves, Simao Sabrosa, David Villa, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Marek Hamsik, and some high profile players were Rafa's target but did we got them? Yeah, you can blame all you can on Rafa because you assumed he got what he wanted on Lucas or Aurelio or even Degen, but if you think clearly these were the only players achievable with our skint budget thanks to them dumbs.

Back to game:

Today I think Rafa has changed his tactics to a direct 4-3-3 with a three prong attack because of both Torres and Gerrard's injuries. And unlucky for us, we lost to a f**king beach ball! It was quite funny looking Reina deceived by a beach ball, but to be honest, there's nothing we could be complaining about. It was one our own fans who tossed the ball into the pitch while Reina and co didn't realized that the ball has been in the six yard box. If you want to blame, then blame that kid who threw the ball.

Touching on our gameplay, it seems that we still couldn't get a grip in midfield. Our midfield always gives posessions away while resorting to be more in our half. Given that this was Spearing first starting 11 eleven, his performance was quite ok but he tends to be caught off posession a lot. He must learn to be more composed and decisive when he passes the ball. The only thing I didn't like about Rafa is he always subbed his players late into game. It was clear Spearing was not having his best game but it took Rafa 70 minutes to at least make a change. A change too late as some might say, but it didn't changed the fact our passings were not connecting well.

My father once said (he's not into club football anyway)"Liverpool didn't play creative football nor having played like Arsenal did, but what Liverpool has compared to others is sheer determination and the willingness to push forward and make something out of nothing. Liverpool will never play fast paced football but even if they played in a slow tempo game, you could never predict what they could do. Once you convinced they are trying to slow things down, you'll be caught suddenly with a change of pace in their game. Liverpool has the most formidable defenders in PL. Even if Man Utd are so great but their defenders are easily manipulated. It's hard get past one Liverpool player without getting past another in the process. It's easy to say Liverpool is not a team of stars but attitude and passion."
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #169: Oct 17, 2009 07:04:34 pm
      Yep, meltdown is right. I had a couple tears in my eyes at the final whistle. It's not the result, more so like Ross said it's the sh*t form. Usually a loss you say righto, buck up and we'll stick em next week. But we have been sh*te all season basically and i can't see a fix unless Gerrard really has turned himself around after reportedly getting tapes of his performances to study.
      One bright light is we haven't even seen Aquilani yet, at least we have something to look forward to in that.

LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #170: Oct 17, 2009 07:12:18 pm
      Feeling sick!  :(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #171: Oct 17, 2009 07:20:10 pm
      Too many players who aren't good enough. Squad that lacks any quality in depth. Another case of Europe being put before the Premiership? Possibly. Title over? Well already we're relying on other sides to do our job for us, so no it's not over but it's getting close to being over already.

As for today, proven what a sh*t squad we have. F***ing disgrace, but we've been here before and we'll be here again and still come out the other side to tell the story. Onwards and upwards.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #172: Oct 17, 2009 07:30:50 pm
      We got what we deserved today................... . nothing. Except for Reina the rest were nothing short off awful. Were do we go from here, we will be lucky to finish 5Th. Dreadful day tactically clueless we wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundas. With Lyon next followed by Man U and then Arsenal away our season could be over bar the F.A. cup
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #173: Oct 17, 2009 07:41:35 pm
      Who's that dumb p**ck who tossed the ball into the pitch?

I could see what Gillett will say again: " It's Rafa...and beach ball to blame."
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      Reply #174: Oct 17, 2009 07:47:10 pm
      You can use the beach ball as an excuses but the was a whole lot wrong there today
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #175: Oct 17, 2009 08:14:32 pm
      Bent shouldn't of been in that much space anyway, where the F**k was the man picking him up?

The fella crossing it breezed past Aurelio, cross came in a little too easy (thanks to Aurelio being walked past) and Johnson failing to pick up Bent. Obviously the beach ball thing didn't help, but the cross shouldn't of been allowed to come in so easily, get right across the box and pick out an unmarked centre forward 12 yards out. Another bad defensive error that has cost us.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #176: Oct 17, 2009 08:18:57 pm
      To be fair they could have had a few
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      Reply #177: Oct 17, 2009 08:19:49 pm
      Johnson's defending is very poor especially his marking he gets drawn into the middle to often for me
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #178: Oct 17, 2009 08:20:23 pm
      I just saw the goal on you tube and it was a little boy who through the beachball .
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #179: Oct 17, 2009 08:27:09 pm
      This thread just shows how many liverpool fans are complete and utter cockends. The lack of depth in the squad is down to the owners forcing Rafa to sell before he buys. OWNERS OUT. Not Rafa.

The amount of twatbags who rang up Youre On Skysports and 606 calling for Rafas head is disgraceful. Most of them were from London as well.

YANKS OUT
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #180: Oct 17, 2009 08:28:28 pm
      Just don't get it. Didn't need to be done in my opinion, our usual set up didn't have to change.

Spot on mate. Way too upset to post on this result today. Will comment on this tomorrow. A lot of harsh posts on here today. Totally understandable though some are, others are not. Been here before myself, posting in anger just after the game has finished. A lesson i have learned.

I will post tomorrow, when i have given myself sufficient time to calm down and composed myself. Only then can i give an honest opinion and respectable analogy of this situation we now find ourselves in.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #181: Oct 17, 2009 08:35:39 pm
      Totally agree lfc lfc.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      Reply #182: Oct 17, 2009 08:38:51 pm
      It sure doesn't take till tomorrow to say how bad that performance was
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #183: Oct 17, 2009 08:39:49 pm
      According to the BBC Manchester City have put a £30 million bid in for the balloon.

Quick Reply