Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Am I being too extreme

Read 13095 times
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Am I being too extreme
      Oct 19, 2009 03:18:47 am
      In my opinion the title race is over.I have been a Liverpool fan all my life, and in my my opinion this is the worst squad we have ever produced for example Insua IMO a great full back in the making but not the finished article,then theres Aurelio he has great technical ability but cant defend,Carragher has been going backwards this season even the most biased fans cant deny this,Then theres Johnson a gifted footballer when he gets forward theres no better full back in the world and thats my honest opinion,thats why I was the rare fan that was jumping around the street when he signed for us,but has been poor defensively and has cost us goals already,Skrtel has fallen to pieces,and Agger is only returning,

In midfield Benayoun seems to be very commited,takes players on puts in 100% every game,Lucas is in the same boat tries his heart out and is gradually wining me over,then theres Gerrard wont even comment legend nuff said,Kuyt works his socks off and has enough ability to start with any club in the world but sticks with us a fans favorite deserves a trophy as such as anyone on the team,

Then all that's left is Fernando Torres possibly the greatest player there is enough threads to show his greatness

but the point I want to make is are we out of the premiership already ? IMO yes we a small squad and we will not be investing in January,we want to win the premiership  more than anyone but being blunt here are the reasons why

1)We havent got enough strength in depth-Im going to be short on this point as I know even the most biased fan wont disagree that playing Spearing and Lucas were never  going to offer us the quality from midfield that we needed to produce to win the game  

2)My main point the yanks,will they ever f**k off TBH I don't think so thats why I want to do everything in my power to get them out,gone are the days that yanks out chants actually affected them I want too see us,the fans protest on a mass scale and if that doesn't work I would be all for abandoning a gamete his would hurt the yanks in the only place they know,their pockets and despite what some fans would think I think it,would not be disrespecting the players,but I think it would give the players the extra incentive to win the match,and understand how great their fans actually are,and the players probably wouldn't admit it it but they would agree with the decision to keep the fans out for one game,to finally get rid of the yanks or to speed up the process would be great would probally get the yanks to finally understrand how hated they are and sell the club,

The Question I'm asking is should we abandon a game and show the yanks how hated we are,or support the team as loud as we can,
      TBH I would have never even thought of posting anything like this last year or the year before but LFC is going downwards and wont stop until we get new owners I have ,never been more depressed in my life and would seriously consider a mass abandon off a game,do you think I am being too extreme ? Personally No I Hicks and Gillet
       wont leave until he has made a profir or realises he wont make a profit that's why he has become so involved with the media, he wont leave until the pantomine with Hicks and Gillet is resolved.A mass abandon off a game would really f**k them up opening up a opportunity for shareliverpoolfc to get in

I would like ye're views on the subject,thanks

This is extremely important as at the moment we have to pay back around 2.5 million a month in debt
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Am I being too extreme
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2009 03:27:36 am
      To extreme. It's not over til the fat lady sings. And she is still eating at the moment.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2009 03:27:54 am
      Dont think you are being extreme more like a fickle n*b head.

Stop reading Stan Collymore's blogs and look at the situation realistically.

Give it some time, we are 7 points behind with the opportunity to cut that to just 4 as early as next Sunday, with two thirds of the season still to be played.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2009 03:39:06 am
      Alrigt i know how long is left in the season but realisticly i honestly dont think we can challenge, I am one of the most positive posters in general but with the resources Rafa has been given in the last two years its not fair to even even to expect him to win i know there will be a strong fight back from us but , Lucas,Spearing,Aqualiani,Mascherano,is too much of a defensive centre midfield to win a title,

I know im putting my head on the chopping block maybye because i have had too much to drink,even if we can pose a threat i would still like to do anything in my power to get rid of the yanks,
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2009 03:42:56 am
      Getting rid of the yanks is fine, but being a supporter just don't go writing off ya team so quickly. And when ya drinking is probably a bad time to go posting to much unless its in the drunk topic ;)
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2009 03:45:10 am
      Don't think you are being extreme more like a fickle n*b head.

Stop reading Stan Collymore's blogs and look at the situation realistically.

Give it some time, we are 7 points behind with the opportunity to cut that to just 4 as early as next Sunday, with two thirds of the season still to be played.
      I'm not fickle i know as much as you don't even try it, i know we wont win the title at the moment we are poor ! we have a shallow squad no money in January its a joke,and maybye you are too fickle to open your eyes to a legendary club that is going only one way and that is down not cause of Rafa,the fans,or the players but the owners whose false promises are crippling us
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2009 03:48:59 am
      Getting rid of the yanks is fine, but being a supporter just don't go writing off ya team so quickly. And when ya drinking is probably a bad time to go posting to much unless its in the drunk topic ;)
      I don't blame the team,you might not admit it but we are much poorer than last season,I hate being a negative fan but i know I'm a realistic fan,I'm going to bed now maybye my opinion will change in the morning when I'm sober i highly doubt it but ?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2009 03:58:08 am
      Come on mate we're only 9 games in, there's plenty more to fight for. There's a lot of points on the offer. It isn't just over yet. What's more, by the looks of it, this season the other teams will drop much much more points. Sunderland, Wigan, Aston Villa, Spurs, City all look capable of giving the Big Four a run for their money whenever they play against each other.

Not even 10 games in and Chavs have already 2 losses. I wouldn't be surprised if this season's title winner lost 6-7 times, because that's how it is. Times have changed, the gap has lessened, the mid-table teams are getting stronger as the Big Four teams look to cut down on the spending.

After 4 losses what is astounding is that we are only 7 points behind. In 2 games we can be back in it, a turn in fortunes can happen in just 2 weeks. If we lost 4 times in 10 games last season, then I'll safely say we could be 12 points behind. But now it's 7, and we've got a chance to cut that down to 4 next week.

The league is still in it's infancy, anyone who writes us off is extremely foolish. When everything seems lost, you can count on the Reds to pick themselves up and give it a good fight. Everyone has a bad patch in form, the Mancs lost to Burnley (could you imagine that), the Chavs lost to Wigan and Villa (2 losses in 3 games now for them).

So what this tells me is the season is still gonna be very tight. They haven't built a healthy advantage in us, right now our focus is to get down, pull up our socks and move on with it. We do our best and get the 3 points, week in, week out. That's what we should be concentrating on, not where we lie in the league.

It is not time to push the panic button just yet. And if I'm right you were one of those realistic fans who gave up thinking we lost it in Istanbul..

And oh how the Reds proved you mightily wrong.. I can't wait for them to prove you wrong again!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2009 04:32:36 am
      I'm not fickle I know as much as you don't even try it, I know we wont win the title at the moment we are poor ! we have a shallow squad no money in January its a joke,and maybye you are too fickle to open your eyes to a legendary club that is going only one way and that is down not cause of Rafa,the fans,or the players but the owners whose false promises are crippling us
      I don't blame the team,you might not admit it but we are much poorer than last season,I hate being a negative fan but I know I'm a realistic fan,I'm going to bed now maybye my opinion will change in the morning when I'm sober I highly doubt it but ?

Yeah we are poorer than last season but that's in performance, not players. Yeah, midefield we are lacking Alonso at times but wait til we get Aquilani going before we attack that to much. Fact is you might be thinking you are being realistic, and yes winning the title is alot harder now BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE how you are painting it. You are just being negative, depressing, and bringing me down. And i don't F***ing like it. You can express your views, but starting a topic all about dooms day is not the way to do it.
      I didn't say you were blaming the team, but you are writing them off. And yes, the owners are bringing us down, i agree there.

Just take a chill pill and fill up your half empty glass.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2009 07:51:09 am
       All i want to say to anyone who is writing us off at this early stage of the season,think back to half time in Istanbul,3-0 wasn't it and yet we won.Also remember last season when we gave Manure the biggest fright of their lives. Liverpool Football Club  will not throw the towel in,have faith in the manager,the players and most of all have faith in your own self belief. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2009 09:42:54 am
      In my opinion the title race is over.I have been a Liverpool fan all my life, and in my my opinion this is the worst squad we have ever produced for

This is not the worst squad we have ever produced.

The title race is not over.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2009 09:54:11 am
      Although its early in the season the signs don't look good considering the squad of players the manager has assembled over the course of his tenure , he has brought players to the club who are just not good enough to win the title , I hate to say it but on our current form we will struggle for a top four spot never mind winning the prem .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2009 09:56:26 am
      Although its early in the season the signs don't look good considering the squad of players the manager has assembled over the course of his tenure , he has brought players to the club who are just not good enough to win the title , I hate to say it but on our current form we will struggle for a top four spot never mind winning the prem .

Love all the new positive lads jumping on board at the moment ::)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2009 10:06:26 am
      This is not the worst squad we have ever produced.

The title race is not over.

I agree with you JD but what concerns me more is the lack of belief & attitude collectively that they can win games without Gerrard/Torres. Sometimes you have to roll your sleeves up and fight your way out of trouble and I dont think we have that in all our players, some yes but not the majority.

I worry that other teams know they can bully us into submission. We cannot keep turning up and expecting to play our way into matches. We have to be strong and force ourselves onto the opposition rather than sit back like we do at the moment in away games. Go out with intent, get stuck in, win the 1st and 2nd balls then our play will take over but we dont do this, we wait and see what the oppo has and this year we have been a goal down before we have woken up.

Still a win against Man U and we are only 4 points behind.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2009 10:08:59 am
      Love all the new positive lads jumping on board at the moment ::)

Maybe you dont but he makes some valid points.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2009 10:13:59 am
      No your not being too extreme, the tiltle is over for us this season and anybody who thinks otherwise is living in F***ing Disneyland.
      The yanks have brought the club to its knees and I get the impression that we only know half the story.
      The club's finances are in sh*te and if we don't do something soon we could end up like Leeds.
      It's not beyond these money grabbin bas**rds to falter on the loans and leave the club to administrators who would then start striping the club of every single asset like the players, Melwood and Anfield. 
      Don't think for a minute that this is far fetched, just ask and Leeds Utd supporter.

Boycotting games is a realistic option as far as I'm concerned.
      It would hurt them where it matters most.
      It's the only thing these cash hungry cu*ts understand.
      This is our club and the oweness is on us to save it.
      YNWA
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2009 10:19:23 am
      No your not being too extreme, the tiltle is over for us this season and anybody who thinks otherwise is living in f**king Disneyland.
      The yanks have brought the club to its knees and I get the impression that we only know half the story.
      The club's finances are in sh*te and if we don't do something soon we could end up like Leeds.
      It's not beyond these money grabbin bas**rds to falter on the loans and leave the club to administrators who would then start striping the club of every single asset like the players, Melwood and Anfield. 
      Don't think for a minute that this is far fetched, just ask and Leeds Utd supporter.

It's the only thing these cash hungry cu*ts understand.
      This is our club and the oweness is on us to save it.
      YNWA

But unlike Leeds we have a very marketable brand with worldwide support. I hope that if our financial situation gets as bad as you fear then I hope and suspect that someone with deep pockets would step in and buy the club cheaper than they could now.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Oct 19, 2009 10:20:12 am
      Maybe you dont but he makes some valid points.

Yeah, like the prediction of us struggling to make the top four ::)
      Look, I know it looks bad but if we change it up and win well against manure then some of these kneejerkers will be talking about how good we are looking for a title run, a week after writing us off. Or they just won't turn up here at all. That's what I'm sick of. And pessimism is no fun to read either, and writing the title off and predicting a struggle for the top four just 9 games in is exactly that.
      If at christmas nothing much has changed then start making those calls, but at the moment let's try and stick behind the team with a vision of hope, not despair.

EDIT: Kop Kid, f**king get a grip lad. The title will be tough but it's not over, and don't insult the supporters like me who actually beleive in a little thing called hope with comments like that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Oct 19, 2009 10:36:30 am
      Come on mate we're only 9 games in, there's plenty more to fight for. There's a lot of points on the offer. It isn't just over yet. What's more, by the looks of it, this season the other teams will drop much much more points. Sunderland, Wigan, Aston Villa, Spurs, City all look capable of giving the Big Four a run for their money whenever they play against each other.

Not even 10 games in and Chavs have already 2 losses. I wouldn't be surprised if this season's title winner lost 6-7 times, because that's how it is. Times have changed, the gap has lessened, the mid-table teams are getting stronger as the Big Four teams look to cut down on the spending.

After 4 losses what is astounding is that we are only 7 points behind. In 2 games we can be back in it, a turn in fortunes can happen in just 2 weeks. If we lost 4 times in 10 games last season, then I'll safely say we could be 12 points behind. But now it's 7, and we've got a chance to cut that down to 4 next week.

The league is still in it's infancy, anyone who writes us off is extremely foolish. When everything seems lost, you can count on the Reds to pick themselves up and give it a good fight. Everyone has a bad patch in form, the Mancs lost to Burnley (could you imagine that), the Chavs lost to Wigan and Villa (2 losses in 3 games now for them).

So what this tells me is the season is still gonna be very tight. They haven't built a healthy advantage in us, right now our focus is to get down, pull up our socks and move on with it. We do our best and get the 3 points, week in, week out. That's what we should be concentrating on, not where we lie in the league.

It is not time to push the panic button just yet. And if I'm right you were one of those realistic fans who gave up thinking we lost it in Istanbul..

And oh how the Reds proved you mightily wrong.. I can't wait for them to prove you wrong again!

At last, a well constructive post. Whats all the doom and gloom for after a handfull of games. Ok you've had a poor start from Liverpool's standards, along with bad luck against sunderland. The PL is a marathon, not a sprint. You're not playing well but to say the league is over for liverpool is laughable. there's a long long way to go yet. Lets see how the table looks at Christmas which will then give you more of a indication of what you can and can't do this year.

If Liverpool beat United next week then i can see a lot of positives coming out of it. On current form it looks doubtful, but remember, united are not playing well either. Your team will be well up for it along with you lot ;D. A win puts you 4 points behind. You negative posters really need to get behind your team as it does refelect on the players when you go to the matches.

Regards.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Oct 19, 2009 10:40:39 am
      Nice one Keith for being rational, if a manc b***ard (;)) can think this one out well, how come some of you can not? And the mancs know as good as any, was it 12 points behind Newcastle you were alot later in the season and you came back?
      Miracles are possible.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 19, 2009 10:43:16 am
      Yeah, like the prediction of us struggling to make the top four ::)
      Look, I know it looks bad but if we change it up and win well against manure then some of these kneejerkers will be talking about how good we are looking for a title run, a week after writing us off. Or they just won't turn up here at all. That's what I'm sick of. And pessimism is no fun to read either, and writing the title off and predicting a struggle for the top four just 9 games in is exactly that.
      If at christmas nothing much has changed then start making those calls, but at the moment let's try and stick behind the team with a vision of hope, not despair.

EDIT: Kop Kid, f**king get a grip lad. The title will be tough but it's not over, and don't insult the supporters like me who actually beleive in a little thing called hope with comments like that.

Come on Bigv, there's a thing called hope alright but there also a thing called blind optimism.
      There's no insult intended here mate, I call them as I see them and on the evidence so far this season I don't see us winning the title. It's that simple.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #21: Oct 19, 2009 10:49:21 am
      No your not being too extreme, the tiltle is over for us this season and anybody who thinks otherwise is living in F***ing Disneyland.

I remember people throwing the towel in last February when we had about 18 games left and were about 12 points behind.  I'm not throwing the towel in with 29 games, 97 points and 7 months of the season left to go.

So it looks like I'm heading over to live with Mickey and Donald.

Boycotting games won't work.  For every fan who decides to take a stand there will be 3 lined up to come and visit the official shop - get their goody bags and sit and take pictures all game.  My loyalty lies with the football club and I will watch them through thick and thin.

There are far better ways to get at the owners by inconveniencing them at every event they attend - here and in the US. 

Our magnificent fellow US fans pulled off a masterstroke with Steven Cohen - and they could be the key to getting rid of the owners.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #22: Oct 19, 2009 10:51:12 am
      A lot of title winners down the years don't look like it early, some do, some don't. Last year for the first half it was us and Chelsea until manure went on that run after the club world cup. No offence intended either, but saying we are off in Disneyland for having hope was an insult in a way. It doesn't look good no, but nor did it for manure after the loss at Burnley or the Sunderland game, but they are still top. But I would not say they are convincing leaders by any stretch. Same with Chelsea, lost against Wigan & Villa now. So we are not the only ones, we have just had a couple more. But it can be rectified, and I have confidence it shall be.

I'll join ya for a cruise on Pirates of the Carribean JD.

Quick Reply