Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 40615 times
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #69: Oct 20, 2009 10:22:39 pm
      Honestly I have never felt so gutted just heard I am going to the fiorentina game so hopefully thats a good omen.... Also well in kelly you did Liverpool F.C proud....
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #70: Oct 20, 2009 10:23:06 pm
      Take it your one of the fans who cant wake up and smell whats cooking. Rafa = defensive, poor quality football.  Its not good to watch, and the amount of half wits he has purchased over 5 years is a joke.  The blame stands with the gaffa end of, OUT NOW RAFA!!!!

I'll agree with the defending but last season we played some brilliant football, just Rafa has had to sell top players like Alonso to get cash because are owners are c**ts!!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #71: Oct 20, 2009 10:23:16 pm
      This is a joke. The football we are playing is absolute sh*te. Long balls for 90 mins and hit and hope crosses, its disgusting. Rafa had better put Gerrard in the centre against the mancs, we have no creatvity whatsoever. Its clear we don't know how to defend so the only thing we can do is is try and score more goals.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #72: Oct 20, 2009 10:24:03 pm
      The thing that guts me is that we used to be soooo solid at the back, if anything that was always one thing we could rely on! but the defending this season & especially tonight has been horrific to be truly honest!!! Think we need a BIG overhaul in that area!!
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #73: Oct 20, 2009 10:24:12 pm
      what is even more depressing is that Lyon were missing a lot of first choice defenders. amazed after the weekend that the players did not
      have more desire and urgency to their play. confidence must be shot Rafa has to do more to rectify that

Ross depends on what Fiorentina do against Lyon? if they beat them we will have to beat them by 2

Our back-up striker to Torres is N'gog - it all goes back to finances - there is no way Rafa would have went in to the seaon content with this sqaud, but as usual he's had to make do and this will always be the case so long as....... - you know the rest by now
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #74: Oct 20, 2009 10:24:34 pm
      Think we lost 3-4 games & still won the league in the 50 or 60s might be 70s dont know if am right.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #75: Oct 20, 2009 10:25:21 pm
      The thing that guts me is that we used to be soooo solid at the back, if anything that was always one thing we could rely on! but the defending this season & especially tonight has been horrific to be truly honest!!! Think we need a BIG overhaul in that area!!
      could this be down to pelligrino's coaching?? he was never the tightest defender
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #76: Oct 20, 2009 10:25:57 pm
      Our back-up striker to Torres is N'gog - it all goes back to finances - there is no way Rafa would have went in to the seaon content with this sqaud, but as usual he's had to make do and this will always be the case so long as....... - you know the rest by now

Fair enough Kieran.

But wishing us to get beat, and again on Sunday? You do realise why people are calling you every c*nt under the sun?

We all want the Yanks out. But not at the expense of results. Never, ever at the expense of the team.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #77: Oct 20, 2009 10:26:13 pm
      Take it your one of the fans who cant wake up and smell whats cooking. Rafa = defensive, poor quality football.  Its not good to watch, and the amount of half wits he has purchased over 5 years is a joke.  The blame stands with the gaffa end of, OUT NOW RAFA!!!!

Another fan looking for a F***ing soapbox since we have been doing badly. For fucks sake I'm sick of you people. A lot of the players failing at the moment are the ones who played brilliant last year. So forgive Rafa for not selling them in the summer ::) And I'm sure if you asked him if he had a choice would Voronin be around still, he would say not a chance in hell. But with no money comes no choice.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 20, 2009 10:28:15 pm
      At the end of that game something horrible happened to me..........

I just shrugged! I hope i am not just accepting that this is the way we are now!!!
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #79: Oct 20, 2009 10:28:25 pm
      This is a joke. The football we are playing is absolute sh*te. Long balls for 90 mins and hit and hope crosses, its disgusting. Rafa had better put Gerrard in the centre against the mancs, we have no creatvity whatsoever. Its clear we don't know how to defend so the only thing we can do is is try and score more goals.

Finally someone who agrees that the quality of football is piss poor.  Its like under Houiller - kick and hope, i really do think this is as bad as that!!! Apart from Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Aquallini, and riena, the rest are average, that is fact!! possibly glen could be, not yet!! thats 5 in the entire squad, prob over ten or 12 with chelsea and the F***ing scum. It breaks my bloody heart!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #80: Oct 20, 2009 10:29:25 pm
      Rafa = defensive, poor quality football. 

Is this the same defensive, poor quality football that seen us top the goal charts in the league last season?
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #81: Oct 20, 2009 10:30:14 pm
      See, soon we will win, and then everyone will be like 'we'll kick on from here etc...' but to be fair i actually believe we wont, we'll scrape a European  place this year and hopefully get far in another competition, im as optimistic as the next fan but it is time to start getting realistic, at the rate we're playing im preparing for it to be 5 losses on the bounce, im sorry but its got me down in a huge way :/
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #82: Oct 20, 2009 10:30:21 pm
      The blame falls solely to rafa i dont care what anyone says....that was a shambles worst liverpool team ive seen in ten years woeful.benayoun playing great only person to take the game by the scruff of the neck when gerrard got took off proven match winner hard grafter and hes taken off am sorry but i am in rage and am gona have to get off this before all the gobshites start going on about supporting the team threw thick and thin and always support the manager but sadley i think we need a major change and its got to be rafa...i dont care what anyone says that is shokin and all down to him there was nearly nine defenders out tonite with spearing on the bench he's like a miny gerrard.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #83: Oct 20, 2009 10:30:28 pm
      a bit of bad luck with their first goal, kelly had a mom performance his one mistake was to leave the left post unguarded but thats just inexperience.
      Their second goal was a disgrace, because who ever was on our right defending should have had that feller who scored, agger maybe.
      2 mistakes, our midfield was very shallow today, and sometimes lost so much shape it did look like jelly,  far too many crosses in by their wingers.
      overall, we need to step up our game, on the bright side we will get a better price now for winning the CL if we pull our fingers out......

man united couldnt have come at a better time, because our players should be so so so fired up now.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #84: Oct 20, 2009 10:30:48 pm
      Fair enough Kieran.

But wishing us to get beat, and again on Sunday? You do realise why people are calling you every c*nt under the sun?

We all want the Yanks out. But not at the expense of results. Never, ever at the expense of the team.

mate the team will be here in 1,2,5,10 years time - the question is in what state?
      Maybe if Leeds fans were more fervent in voicing their distrust of Ridsdale, they wouldn't have been playing Norwich City last night.
      The time is nigh to force these cu*ts out by hitting them in the only place it can hurt them - their pockets - no Champions League revenue next year would be disastrous for finances - and if the owners want to compenstae by selling Torres etc then good luck to them because civil war will ensue - thank you Lyon, and more of the same please in 2 weeks
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #85: Oct 20, 2009 10:31:00 pm
      Finally someone who agrees that the quality of football is piss poor.  Its like under Houiller - kick and hope, I really do think this is as bad as that!!! Apart from Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Aquallini, and riena, the rest are average, that is fact!! possibly glen could be, not yet!! thats 5 in the entire squad, prob over ten or 12 with chelsea and the f**king scum. It breaks my bloody heart!!!

You're lumping our best players in with a player who hasn't kicked a ball in a Liverpool shirt yet?

Is it any wonder no-one is taking you seriously?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #86: Oct 20, 2009 10:31:03 pm
      Can't bear to log onto Facebook at the moment.

Manc bas**rds on a wind up, and even worse, Liverpool fan's cluelessly coming out with sh*t.

What the F**k. We're Liverpool, we don't say 'Liverpool are sh*t'.

Still the greatest club in the world.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #87: Oct 20, 2009 10:31:53 pm
      Finally someone who agrees that the quality of football is piss poor.  Its like under Houiller - kick and hope, I really do think this is as bad as that!!! Apart from Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Aquallini, and riena, the rest are average, that is fact!! possibly glen could be, not yet!! thats 5 in the entire squad, prob over ten or 12 with chelsea and the f**king scum. It breaks my bloody heart!!!
      Our first teamers are fine. They played amazing last season, but they've just showed once again that without Gerrard and Torres the only thing they can do is run around like headless chickens hoping that the opposing team will miss their free headers and sitters.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #88: Oct 20, 2009 10:32:18 pm
      Someone wake me up. This just isn't F***ing possible.

You're lumping our best players in with a player who hasn't kicked a ball in a Liverpool shirt yet?

Is it any wonder no-one is taking you seriously?

He doesn't even spell his F***ing name right, no wonder no-one reads anything he says.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #89: Oct 20, 2009 10:32:20 pm
      Manc bas**rds on a wind up, and even worse, Liverpool fan's cluelessly coming out with sh*t.

What the f**k. We're Liverpool, we don't say 'Liverpool are sh*t'.

You're not escaping it here fella. There's a couple of whoppers knocking about at the minute. :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #90: Oct 20, 2009 10:32:25 pm
      Finally someone who agrees that the quality of football is piss poor.  Its like under Houiller - kick and hope, I really do think this is as bad as that!!! Apart from Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Aquallini, and riena, the rest are average, that is fact!! possibly glen could be, not yet!! thats 5 in the entire squad, prob over ten or 12 with chelsea and the f**king scum. It breaks my bloody heart!!!
      ITs true we are desparatly short of players, we seem to have sold more than we have bought, it really is the yanks fault in my eyes, we are starting to look like the team that hollier got sacked for, that was short of players too.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #91: Oct 20, 2009 10:33:28 pm
      Back from the game. Nothing else to say except Torres is our only striker.

Quick Reply