Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (19.1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (21.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (16.7%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (31.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (3.5%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pride

Read 58439 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pride
      Reply #322: Oct 26, 2009 05:19:01 am
      What a F***ing day yesterday and today.

I rubbed it in the mancs like never before. Was never so chuffed!!!

I've had to endure countless texts like 'Liverpool are sh*te without Gerrard and Torres', 'Liverpool will surely lose tomorrow', 'Liverpool can't win the small teams that is why they'll never win the title'.

Today I F***ing shot back. They tried to argue but obviously they lost the battle. They don't want to admit the final result, but F**k me 2-0 is a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #323: Oct 26, 2009 05:26:42 am
      What a f**king day yesterday and today.

I rubbed it in the mancs like never before. Was never so chuffed!!!

I've had to endure countless texts like 'Liverpool are sh*te without Gerrard and Torres', 'Liverpool will surely lose tomorrow', 'Liverpool can't win the small teams that is why they'll never win the title'.

Today I f**king shot back. They tried to argue but obviously they lost the battle. They don't want to admit the final result, but f**k me 2-0 is a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

;D! same here, at my job there are many Mancs fans, most of the of them are new comers to EPL so they  became Mancs supporters just because of there recent success....Felt good to laugh at their face for a third time in a row! ;D
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #324: Oct 26, 2009 06:10:39 am
      WHAT A GAME.....CARRA LUCAS YOSSI TORRES.....UNBELIEVABLE
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #325: Oct 26, 2009 06:59:01 am
      Post-Match Pride that is the perfect title for this thread.I am so proud of RAFA and the mighty REDS for the way they played against Ferguson's scum.The determination and resolve shown by every player was a joy to watch and my man of the match has to be little Benayoun who never stopped running and scheming.After this display there will be a few other managers besides Ferguson shitting themselves at the thought of facing us.Well done lads if you continue putting on performances like that we need fear no one.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #326: Oct 26, 2009 08:03:33 am
      One more thing before i head off to bed, anyone found a free kick for/against stat for the match? Because fergie as usual was having a bi*ch about the referee and his wilting to the Anfield pressure (::)) but they had a lot more free kicks in dangerous positions i feel. They had their chance and didn't take em, bitter b***ard just can't handle that. Hate the b***ard.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #327: Oct 26, 2009 08:03:37 am
      Perfect monday morning for me.....:D
      alwaysred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #328: Oct 26, 2009 08:22:38 am
      Pride restored, we are back.

Liverpool T-Shirt

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #329: Oct 26, 2009 08:45:54 am
      PHEW!!! Normal service is resumed,

After saying Liverpool were the better team....

Ferguson questions key decisions
      Manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes key decisions went against Manchester United as they lost to Liverpool.
      Ferguson conceded Liverpool deserved their 2-0 win but felt his team and referee Andre Marriner struggled with the intimidating atmosphere at Anfield.

"All in all Liverpool were the better team but I think it affected our players and the referee," he said.

"There were so many controversial things that happened we have to feel aggrieved at some of them."

Fernando Torres and David Ngog scored second-half goals as Liverpool took the spoils in a match where they created the majority of the chancesBut Ferguson, recently charged by the Football Association following remarks about the fitness of referee Alan Wiley, thought that three crucial decisions went against his team.

United had a first-half penalty appeal turned down when Jamie Carragher challenged Michael Carrick and Ferguson added: "He has gone right over the top of the ball.

"If it is outside of the box it is a free-kick and maybe a yellow card but it was inside the box and the referee was only six yards from it. It was another bad decision."     

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes key decisions went against Manchester United as they lost to Liverpool.

Ferguson conceded Liverpool deserved their 2-0 win but felt his team and referee Andre Marriner struggled with the intimidating atmosphere at Anfield.

"All in all Liverpool were the better team but I think it affected our players and the referee," he said.

"There were so many controversial things that happened we have to feel aggrieved at some of them."

Fernando Torres and David Ngog scored second-half goals as Liverpool took the spoils in a match where they created the majority of the chances.

The atmosphere is hard to handle for a referee. Whether he had enough experience, I don't know

Sir Alex Ferguson

But Ferguson, recently charged by the Football Association following remarks about the fitness of referee Alan Wiley, thought that three crucial decisions went against his team.

United had a first-half penalty appeal turned down when Jamie Carragher challenged Michael Carrick and Ferguson added: "He has gone right over the top of the ball.

"If it is outside of the box it is a free-kick and maybe a yellow card but it was inside the box and the referee was only six yards from it. It was another bad decision."

Nemanja Vidic was sent off after picking up two yellow cards and Jamie Carragher later brought down United substitute Michael Owen.The former Liverpool striker appeared poised for a clean run at goal but Carragher was booked by Marriner.

The incident happened with Liverpool leading 1-0 and Ferguson stated: "Every decision, the crowd put the referee under pressure all the time.

"The most controversial decision was Carragher bringing down Michael Owen. He was clear through.

"The laws of the game were altered to prevent professional fouls of that nature and if Carragher goes off, he is their best player and their captain. It would have been a different game. They would have been under pressure.

"The referee was only four or five yards from it so he cannot use a covering defender as an excuse. Michael was clean through. With Michael's pace he is going to get away from him.

"The first Vidic booking was the worst decision. It is a foul, fine, but the player has played on, he won the second ball and knocked it for a throw in and got booked. It put Nemanja under pressure.

"The atmosphere is hard to handle for a referee. Whether he had enough experience, I don't know." Ferguson also expressed disappointment with the ability of his own players to come to terms with the noise inside Anfield.

"There was a wounded animal aspect to the game and it was something we did not overcome," commented the Scot.

"It was a disappointing performance by us, in the first half in particular. We did not handle the decisions against us."

United created precious few chances during the match and Ferguson added: "Liverpool created the better chances and I have no complaints. We were not good enough but we will always react to defeat - that is the most important thing about this club."

Liverpool had lost their previous four games, their worst sequence of results since 1987.

Rafael Benitez's team are in danger of failing to qualify from the group stage of the Champions League after their midweek defeat by Lyon and started the day in eighth place in the Premier League.

However, Benitez said: "The players have answered a lot of questions and that's the most important thing. The team is better than people think."

Benitez's future had been the subject of intense speculation but the Spaniard claimed: "I have not read the papers too much. "I was focused on the things we could control - the training sessions and mentality of the players of players.

"I am really pleased but not just for me - for the players and the fans."

Benitez showed no emotion after Torres put the Reds ahead after 65 minutes when he shrugged off Rio Ferdinand before smashing the ball beyond Edwin van der Sar with a right-foot strike.

Torres, unlike Steven Gerrard, had been passed fit to play and lasted 80 minutes before he was substituted.

"I was enjoying it but on the inside - we were against a good team and I was thinking about how to create chances and control the opposition," revealed Benitez.

"It was a great goal - always he is a threat. Torres was a bit tired and it was difficult for him but he made the difference."

Ferguson questions key decisions

Must have had a sobber moment yesterday, I guess the Bar at Anfield is not an all day Bar!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #330: Oct 26, 2009 08:50:40 am
      My Super Sunday bender is wrapping up now, when the team performs like yesterday you just have to celebrate it!
      Roxtorresfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #331: Oct 26, 2009 09:00:00 am
      Liverpool are the bst team in the world
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #332: Oct 26, 2009 09:04:22 am
      Ahhh, blissful sleep after the match with Gunners and City also drawing. Come On Liverpool!!
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #333: Oct 26, 2009 09:09:55 am
      Don't need to be a girl, just join the band of lads here with a raging man crush ;)

Ok, I'm coming out baby, Haha
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #334: Oct 26, 2009 09:13:16 am
      Reading what Ferguson said about all the decisions going against him, funny that , from my perspective I thought most 50/50s went in their favour, in the final 15 minutes they had every decision go their way, even Owens foul on Carra ;D, and Ferguson's so called pen was nothing of the sort, Carra took a chance and won the ball, so please Mr Ferguson take off the rose tinted specs and stop making excuses.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #335: Oct 26, 2009 09:42:00 am
      Scum fans are going on about the referee now and how we are living in denial with our shameful victory?

F**K OFF

Liverpool
      Shots (on Goal)  - 16(5)     
      Fouls - 20    
      Corner Kicks - 5    
      Offsides - 1    

Man United
      Shots (on Goal) - 8(3)
      Fouls    - 13
      Corner Kicks - 1
      Offsides  -   3

I feel Carra did get the ball when Carrick burst into the box. He won the ball.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #336: Oct 26, 2009 09:50:18 am
      A stirring "backs to the wall" performance from all the Liverpool players today. The way they chased and closed down the mancs and didnt allow them to play was fantastic. Its amazing how despite what detractors say about Steven Gerrard being pivotal some of the finest performances come when he is not playing.

Every player raised his game to another level, and took on the responsibility to ensure we broke the losing run. It couldnt have happened in a more significant match.
      RedLFCBlood
      Man Utdā€™s Ferguson unhappy with decisions in Liverpool loss
      Reply #337: Oct 26, 2009 10:16:10 am
      http://www.aloadofw**k.com/man-utd%E2%80%99s-ferguson-unhappy-decisions-liverpool-loss-402871

Man Utdā€™s Ferguson unhappy with decisions in Liverpool loss

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was unhappy with some decisions made in the 2-0 loss to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

Ferguson believed that his team was harshly done by on a few occasions and said if those decisions went the other way, the result may have been completely different.

"It is very difficult atmosphere here. There was a wounded animal aspect to the game and it was something we did not overcome,ā€ Ferguson said.

"I think it affected our players and it affected the referee. There were so many controversial things that happened we have to feel aggrieved at some of them.

"The Vidic booking was the worst decision. It is a foul, fine. But the player has played on, he won the second ball and knocked it for a throw in and got booked. It put Nemanja under pressure.

"The most controversial decision was Carragher bringing down Michael Owen. He was clear through.

"The laws of the game were altered to prevent professional fouls of that nature and if Carragher goes off, he is their best player and their captain. It would have been a different game. They would have been under pressure.

"The referee was only four or five yards from it he cannot use a covering defender as an excuse. Michael was clean through. With Michael's pace he is going to get away from him."

Despite these comments, Ferguson did give due credit to the Reds for their performance.

"Liverpool were the better team and I am not taking anything away from them at all," he added.

"They deserved to win the game as it was a disappointing performance from us. We were not good enough."

Well I'll be darned knock me down with a bloody big feather Fergie admitting we deserved the win what ever next ?

I know its Tribal football, but its the only article I could find related to the interview Fergie gave on LFC TV last night after the game.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Man Utdā€™s Ferguson unhappy with decisions in Liverpool loss
      Reply #338: Oct 26, 2009 10:20:24 am
      Morning RedLFCBlood

Question, and please think about your answer ;D ;D. Were you happy with the ref?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #339: Oct 26, 2009 10:20:44 am
      I really hope the game isn't remembered for Fergie claiming the ref got the key decisions wrong.

The big decisions:

Carra's  tackle on Carrick inside the box: The ref got it right, Carra clearly got the ball and his momentum took him into Carrick but nevertheless he won the ball cleanly.

Carra's foul on Owen: I think it was the only key decision the ref got wrong, Although Glen Johnson was coming across and looked like he may get to Carra in time, Owen would have had  a clear shot on goal so i honestly think it was a red from what i've seen but Owen did seem to have some of carra's shirt too.

Sending Vidic off: easiest decision of the match but... Why wasn't it a straight red fergie? same as carra wasn't it

Sending Masch off: Masch was unfortunate as i think he was trying to block the shot from Van Der Sar but i think he coul've made more effort to avoid collinding with Van der sar so it probably was (although slightly harsh) a second bookable offence.

Those are my honest views, feel free to comment
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #340: Oct 26, 2009 10:21:40 am
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5652139,00.html
      (The video is in the link).

Here it is Ferguson said that as well so that code is valid.

At least he's got the balls to admit we deserved to win the game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #341: Oct 26, 2009 10:25:33 am
      Unless your a bias Manc or Scouser it doesn't take balls to admit when the best team on the day won. Not unless your a scum manc or scum scouser.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #342: Oct 26, 2009 10:25:44 am
      Did we go back to man to man marking at free kicks - it looked that way to me...???
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #343: Oct 26, 2009 10:31:10 am
      Unless your a bias Manc or Scouser it doesn't take balls to admit when the best team on the day won. Not unless your a scum manc or scum scouser.
      I refer you to Fergusons interview after our 4-1 last season. He claimed you were the better team. Not surprised to see him moan about the ref. I know he wasn't great, but Ferguson can't claim Carra should of gone, and then say Vidic challenge (second) was only a yellow. They both got the same punishment for the same type of foul.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #344: Oct 26, 2009 10:43:36 am
      Also Masch is only suspended for the Carling Cup isn't he? If so it's good stuff, because he probably wouldn't of played anyway.

Quick Reply