Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Chelsea drivel...

Read 2794 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Chelsea drivel...
      May 01, 2007 10:50:25 pm
      Post all Chelsea drivel in this thread.... I will start with a post from cfcnet.co.uk - a Chelsea fan site that was posted just before the game.

ADIOS SENOR BENITEZ

Just under a week ago battle commenced with Liverpool for a place in the Champions League final to be held in the Greek capital of Athens on May 23. Tonight sees the return leg of the game that we’ve all been waiting for. The 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge in the first leg gives us the edge and the chance to eclipse the sorrow of 2004 and 2005. A win or a draw at Anfield would see a massive blue invasion of Athens, a huge amount of Ouzo being quaffed and a Chelsea party unlike anybody has ever seen. The flip side is, well, I don’t want to even think, except to say, that it won’t happen.

Before we do start thinking of packing up for a few days in Athens there was some bad news on the injury front as Andriy Shevchenko joined the casualty list, which currently includes Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Ballack. No specific reason has been given for Shevchenko’s absence, but then again if we want to play with eleven men at Anfield then it may not have made much difference if he was fit or not. Some good news comes in the shape of Arjen Robben; he’s made the squad and could be named amongst the substitutes, if required. As for Liverpool, who cares?

After Saturday some pride took a dent, but as we know these Chelsea players and this Chelsea team fight to the bitter end, come hell, or high water. In the knockout stages of this competition we have scored at Porto and Valencia as well as scoring two goals at Barcelona and three in Sofia during the group stages. With the away goal rule counting double, a solitary goal at the Kop end from Didier Drogba would send the Liverpool fans away crying into their flat bitter. (Flat and bitter will be two words to describe Liverpool fans come the end of the game)

Need I say more? This game is of epic proportions. I don’t need to talk about past results, dates and players. This is the game that every Chelsea fan wants us to either win or draw to get to Athens on May 23. If we do make it I can assure you that there will be one or two headaches come the morning. Will Liverpool have the bottle, or will they just throw them onto the pitch instead?

My Prediction:

Benitez said that his fans are the ‘Special Ones’. Has he been watching them throw bottles and act like petulant children? That really is special coming from that Spanish Juan. The real ‘Special One’ will have the last laugh. Remember when we went up there and won 1-4? Benitez claimed, “He had the measure of Chelsea” Anyway, it’s Chelsea all the way. We don’t need to win, but we will 0-2. OlĂ©!

Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Chelsea drivel...
      Reply #1: May 01, 2007 11:43:30 pm
      Cut a long story short from Chelsea's Vital Football sh*t unofficial site... the last sentence is the best

'It`s so cruel this game of ours, so cruel at times.'

:'(
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #2: May 01, 2007 11:50:20 pm
      Maureen said tonight that the best team lost tonight. That's fine cos the worst team is going to Athens, I can live with that!  ;)
      Found it quite amusing when Gabriel Clarke was inteviewing Moanio because all you could hear was the Liverpool squad celebrating in the dressing room!  :D :D :D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: May 01, 2007 11:57:14 pm
      Official Chelsea web sh*te

Tue, 1st May 2007

Chelsea lost the Champions League semi-final on penalties after drawing 1-1 on aggregate with Liverpool following a 1-0 defeat after extra-time.

Liverpool won the shoot-out 4-1. Reina saved from Robben and Gérémi.

In 120 minutes, Chelsea forced only one top save from Reina, and were unable to build on the first leg. But Liverpool were cautious as well, and the game was a deadlock for much of the time.

Chelsea opened by taking the pace out of the game. At throw-ins or free-kicks everything was done at walking pace.

But when it came to pressing, closing down, then the pace was injected, and a number of early interceptions were successful.

The acoustics at Anfield are so remarkable that when the ground was a quarter-full, as Chelsea came out to warm up, the home singing was deafening. So once the game had started it must have been nigh impossible for players to communicate on the pitch.

Referee GonzĂĄlez made his presence felt early on, whistling up for nine fouls in the first 13 minutes (Liverpool 5 Chelsea 4), and it was very stop-start with three offside decisions against Chelsea as well.

Mikel and Mascherano, two youngsters in the maelstrom, were both models of calm and outstanding technique. Their ability to keep possession was a good example to all around them.

But GonzĂĄlez allowed the first truly violent challenge, Gerrard on Mikel, to go unpunished, and had to stop the game so injured Mikel could compose himself.

He recovered physically but immediately gave away a silly free-kick by fouling Zenden. Cech punched away from Cech, but Chelsea couldn't clear, and Joe Cole was stretched into fouling Gerrard wide.

Gerrard squared this free-kick and Agger had the space to drive it low into the corner of the net to equalise the tie on aggregate. Twenty-one minutes had gone.

Ashley Cole became the first booking when he blocked Pennant who had played a one-two. Given some of the challenges which had gone before, he could consider himself unlucky.

Chelsea were beginning to have trouble keeping possession, playing the ball long and frustratingly over Drogba rather than wide to Joe Cole and Kalou.

But Chelsea's first real chance came when Mikel intercepted a Liverpool pass and scooped the ball to Drogba who touched it to his right and drove hard, only for Reina to block well and be grateful the ball was so close to him.

Chelsea won a couple of corners going into the 40th minute, and from the second Drogba's header went to Essien whose attempt to redirect it goalwards from close range finished as a slice. It was a half-chance.

As half-time came, Chelsea attacked the Kop end with more football, but crosses from Ashley Cole and Ferreira were poor and Drogba was too often the only forward in the area.

Lampard produced the best ball, in stoppage time from a wide free-kick, but Reina punched out from the advancing Essien.

Chelsea started the second-half on the offensive and played better football, got in some good positions, but still failed to produce sufficient creativity to carve out a real chance.

But with 11 minutes gone Pennant turned Makelele and Ashley Cole, and crossed for Crouch beyond the far post to head down, and Cech had to be sharp to get across, drop and repel.

Liverpool were getting in much better crossing positions than Chelsea. Pennant delivered again from the by-line, but too hard, but Riise retrieved and his cross was headed with a thud by unmarked Kuyt against Cech's bar.

The crowd went into full volume. But Chelsea got the ball down and played again, and just past the hour Agger was booked for fouling Drogba from behind.

Liverpool won their first corner of the night in the 70th minute. Drogba, marking Crouch, headed away. The game was now getting truly tense.

Pennant got behind Terry and lashed for goal but Essien magnificently got across and deflected his shot above the bar.

Liverpool fans whistled desperately whenever Chelsea had possession, but very little of Chelsea's play was meaningful. When balls were knocked into the area Liverpool defenders seemed to outnumber Chelsea players three to one.

But Drogba and Kalou were there when Ashley Cole got behind Liverpool's defence for the second time in a few minutes and crossed low. Carragher brilliantly turned the ball over his own bar and referee GonzĂĄles erroneously gave a goal-kick.

With 13 minutes left, Alonso replaced Pennant and Gerrard went wide right. Pennant had given Ashley Cole a tough game but in the last 10 minutes had not defended well.

With under four minutes left Zenden, of all people, found space created by Crouch to cut inside and drive a right-footed shot across Cech which the goalkeeper fielded well at the second attempt.

That was two good saves this half. Reina had yet to be tested since the interval.

As 90 minutes came up, Chelsea had yet to use a substitute. What greater proof could there be of the stretching of the squad. As Liverpool had only used one there was only two minutes of stoppage time.

Extra-time started with Liverpool going forward, and once again Essien was too the rescue after Riise had dummied past Mikel and Joe Cole.

Seven minutes of extra-time had gone when Arjen Robben returned from knee surgery to replace Joe Cole. Cole was one of several Chelsea players who had failed to spark.

One hundred minutes were coming up on the clock when Alonso let rip from nearly 30 yards and Cech could only knock the bal back into play. Kuyt buried the ball into the net and Anfield exploded. But the linesman raised his flag for offside against Kuyt. Oh, the sigh of relief.

For the final period of extra-time Bellamy replaced Crouch. Mourinho immediately called for Wright-Phillips. He replaced Kalou.

Robben had been operating on the right and Kalou on the left, and now Wright-Phillips stayed on the left.

Zenden was booked for pulling back Robben who for the second time opened up and went past people forcing a free-kick.

With five minutes remaining, Essien released Wright-Phillips behind Riise and his low, wicked cross was just missed by Drogba - again alone in the box.

As penalties approached, Ashley Cole and Lampard wasted good positions and Liverpool players strated struggling with cramp.

The penalty takers were sent on. Gérémi for Makelele, and to huge cheers Fowler for Mascherano. Liverpool went 4-3-3 and immediately the forwards combined for Kuyt to cut inside Ferreira and force another crucial save from Cech.

In the end, two defences had been too strong over the two games for two attacks.

And so to penalties. Cech went off on his own, lay down and covered his head with his shirt. Focus, focus.

The penalties were taken at the far end of the Kop, with the Chelsea supporters to the right of the goal. Liverpool went first. Zenden scored.

Robben took his to mass whistling. Reina made a flying save. He made another from Gérémi, Chelsea's third kick, and that left Kuyt to win it.

Now there is the FA Cup Final left, and an outside hope of the Premiership.

The Champions League remains the Holy Grail to be pursued another year.

By Neil Barnett
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: May 02, 2007 12:00:09 am
      This is from a Bitter Evertonian posting on a Chelsea message board at blueandwhitearmy.net

I think I'm probably more fu**ed off with that result than you are. The reason Liverpool win in these ties is because the teams in them are too scared to lose in the 90 minutes and they never lose on pens. I think if you'd have got players closer to Drogba tonight, you'd have won, Mourinho chose to play it cagey.

I'm absoloutely sick.

Bitter bluenose bas**rds.  Forever in our shadow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #5: May 02, 2007 12:04:01 am
      Jabba we never will get any credit from jealous fans. When liverpool win there is always a reason why we shouldn't have. Did you happen to hear dunphy on RTE tonight?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: May 02, 2007 12:08:47 am
      Text message from a bitter Chelsea fan of a mate:

We was robbed again in Liverpool! (and he intended the pun)

My reply:

Don't come to Anfield expecting to go to a final. You's were there for the taking! And it would of helped if you could score....
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #7: May 02, 2007 12:21:42 am
      Like somebody famous said (who I have forgotten).

Money can't buy you love.  Fortunately I don't know any Chelsea fans on a personal basis.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #8: May 02, 2007 12:25:20 am
      Me too jabba although i've a few utd mates can't wait to beat them in the final!! If they make it ha ha
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: May 02, 2007 12:32:06 am
      Did anyone see John Terry crying at the end.

Sad wasn't it.

Can't wait for his next book.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: May 02, 2007 12:53:29 am
      Here's another one... the Mancs are all fighting with each other on the Red Issue forum

Here are some excerpts - the first one's class (getting their excuses in already)

I was really hoping one of the doommongerers would bring it up as I didn't want to have to be the one that said it.

If you think we are going to Athens now you are horribly mistaken. There's no way in hell UEFA are going to want 80000+ Liverpool and United supporters in the same city at the same time marring their showpiece event.

The ref will be under strict instructions to make sure Milan go through.

I think deep down the supporters here who have been around long enough know it too. Enjoy the game people but it will probably be a farce.

I hate the scouse cu*ts, and I dont want them there. That being said I understand peoples reaction to tonight.

All I'll say is its irrelevant. If we dont do the job tomorrow then thats our f***ing fault.

If we bottle it in Milan tomorrow and Liverpool go on to win it whose fault is that? ours because we can stop them, if we go through I think we will.

But im certainly not worried about those cu*ts until tomorrow is over, and if we go out I wont even be watching the final, watching sh*t, uninspiring football does not interest me and they can scream and shout all they want.

They are no closer to the premieship than they were 16 years ago and its what every Liverpool fan wants more than anything...

What people forget is that before the nineties we were nowhere near them cu*ts in terms of titles won domestically or on the european stage.

now we are, people f***ing forget that.

So let the cu*ts have their night tonight, cos I couldn't give a sh*t, im far more concerned with supporting out boys tomo than worrying about them bin dipping cu*ts

If we win tomorrow we might have to sacrifice the FA cup.

fu*k it, play the kids and wrap the first team up in cotton wool for 2 weeks.

These cu*ts have to be stopped.

They're not as good as Chelsea, that's some comfort. if we get through, we play a team considerably inferior to us.

We've got Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes. They've got Steven Gerrard. We've got attacking flair, magic, genius...they're good at penalties.

Mancs. Still very deluded.  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2007 12:55:44 am by koolkidda »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #11: May 02, 2007 12:58:43 am
      Manc fans seem a bit edgy to me ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: May 02, 2007 09:07:14 am
      Mounihio stating on SSN, " What atmosphere?  I never heard any atmosphere"  - He wouldn't know atmosphere if it jumped up and bit him in the ar*se !!!  ;D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: May 02, 2007 09:32:45 am
      Loved gerrards comments "not bad for a small club 2 finals in 3 years" quality stevie lad.

FCUK OFF MOURINHO
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #14: May 02, 2007 09:47:31 am
      come on the red men, lets bring number 6 home against the mancs, that would be so sweet
      WhistonChris
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #15: May 02, 2007 10:17:30 am
      I see there's a few sorry Mancs about - don't tell me they wanted Mourinho's mob in the final?

And please - show some intelligence - the language isn't necessary, smart, appreciated or anything else. Guess it say's more against the writer than anything I can add. By the way, you named a scouse as a hero of your team (Rooney) or had that slipped your tiny brain?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #16: May 02, 2007 08:35:52 pm
      Did anyone see John Terry crying at the end.

Sad wasn't it.

Can't wait for his next book.

HAHAHAHA....may go to the book signing & ask if he could shed a few on the inside cover!
      Mounihio stating on SSN, " What atmosphere?  I never heard any atmosphere"  - He wouldn't know atmosphere if it jumped up and bit him in the ar*se !!!  ;D

Maybe he has a special atmosphere at home with the wife?!
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2007 08:36:34 pm by DM Osbon »
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #17: May 02, 2007 09:20:56 pm
      OFFICIAL BEST QUOTE EVER BY RICK PARRY:

"I guess when you've invested ÂŁ500m it's a fantastic season to win the League Cup. He's welcome to his opinions, we care about Liverpool."

Absolutely awesome.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #18: May 02, 2007 09:27:20 pm
      Rest assured because United are going no where on may 23rd....Chavs delt with, Scum finished....roll on Milan

Quick Reply