Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool and the Anfield atmosphere.

Read 11065 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: Liverpool and the Anfield atmosphere.
      Reply #92: Nov 21, 2009 03:17:59 pm
      Not our supporters? Right?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #93: Nov 21, 2009 03:18:07 pm
      You've been a huge help!   ::)

What's it mean I mean? Is it anti-Rafa?

No just away fans being pricks.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #94: Nov 21, 2009 03:19:06 pm
      The atmosphere did sound very poor.

I've been to many a game where I've came home and people have said that, but being there I haven't felt that was the case.

F*ck knows.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #95: Nov 21, 2009 03:20:03 pm

Oh. Well F**k 'em.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #96: Nov 21, 2009 03:21:43 pm
      The atmosphere did sound very poor.

I've been to many a game where I've came home and people have said that, but being there I haven't felt that was the case.

F*ck knows.

Just the way Anfield is mic'd up. Funny how "fat spanish waiter" sounded louder than YNWA at the start of the game. 40,000 v 5,000? Yeh right.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #97: Nov 21, 2009 03:29:25 pm
      Maybe we should give the crowd a break after all we arent seeing much blood ,guts and desire from the team are we. Being brutally honest we arent playing football that gets you on the edge of your seat at the moment are we.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #98: Nov 21, 2009 03:32:15 pm
      Maybe we should give the crowd a break after all we arent seeing much blood ,guts and desire from the team are we. Being brutally honest we arent playing football that gets you on the edge of your seat at the moment are we.

Fair enough, john, but the 12th man needs to do their part, too. They contribute in their own way.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #99: Nov 21, 2009 03:34:54 pm

I dont think we should give them a break. Theyre at a football game not sat at home in a bloody armchair.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #100: Nov 21, 2009 03:37:28 pm

Watch the paranoia setting in!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #101: Nov 21, 2009 03:40:31 pm

No.

The crowd isn't there to be entertained. They're there to fire up our side and put the f*cking shits up the visiting team.

There is no excuse. The players need to perform and the crowd needs to perform. When they both do, Anfield is a fortress. When they don't, you can tell.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #102: Nov 21, 2009 03:50:19 pm
      I remember going to some games when Houlier was there sitting in the mainstand I could of had a conversation with someone in the Centenary stand but it was boring dire football nothing to get you out of your seat just passing for passing sake. Have we got like that again?.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #103: Nov 21, 2009 03:53:21 pm
      No.

The crowd isn't there to be entertained. They're there to fire up our side and put the f*cking shits up the visiting team.

There is no excuse. The players need to perform and the crowd needs to perform. When they both do, Anfield is a fortress. When they don't, you can tell.

Don't foget it is all about entertainment now.

Making sure Tarquin and his parents have had a spiffingly good day out.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #104: Nov 21, 2009 03:58:33 pm
      Don't foget it is all about entertainment now.

:lmao:

That's the sad thing about it though.

Football as an entertainment? Anfield is an atmosphere, and should continue to be. F*ck all these beauts off who some fancy a spot of the footy at the weekends. Should leave our club out of it and go the f*cking park and be entertained in the pissing down rain and covered in mud.
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2009 04:19:06 pm by CRK »
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #105: Nov 21, 2009 04:02:51 pm

Joking apart born and bred within a mile of the ground been to all the history highlights going back many many years. I always come home with a headache and sore throat but I cant get a ticket anymore and I dont bother trying.
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2009 04:11:48 pm by CRK »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #106: Nov 21, 2009 04:06:05 pm

Joking apart born and bred within a mile of the ground been to all the history highlights going back many many years. I always com ehome with a headache and sore throat but I cant get a ticket anymore and I dont bother trying.

Thats the thing though the club wants those that will travel up, spend a F***ing fortune in the Club shop, then blow another fortune buying food in the ground, unlike a lot of us who head straight the pub, then onto the ground.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #107: Nov 21, 2009 04:10:20 pm
      I know your right and I should try more I miss walking through Stanley Park the way my Dad did and my Grandad did since the 1920's but like you say I don't buy souvenirs I keep my memories.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #108: Nov 21, 2009 04:16:55 pm
      Joking apart born and bred within a mile of the ground been to all the history highlights going back many many years. I always come home with a headache and sore throat but I cant get a ticket anymore and I dont bother trying.

Thats crap mate. Get the members card, have either yourself or a friend to double team the online and phones when they go sale and you can have yourself a ticket in the kop in about 5 minutes.

(written by someone who could never get tickets for games before this season)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #109: Nov 21, 2009 06:52:22 pm
      Jester hats have been fu**ed off and this is the new wacky thing to do:

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #110: Nov 21, 2009 07:11:24 pm
       :tosser:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #111: Nov 22, 2009 06:49:46 am
      I was at the game yesterday and with the exception of a few our supporters were quiet and it's not the first time this season,once we would have been chanting every minute of a game but now we just don't seem to bother for long parts of the game.People would come to Anfield knowing what a fantastic atmosphere it was and now they go away and say we outsang them! the buzz seems to have gone and the expectation well some are just saying let's hope we get a win not we are gonna get a win and get right behind the lads today.It makes me sick to hear some of the comments after the game this is our club and the slagging is totally out of order IMO.
      IF YOU LOVE THIS CLUB LIFT UP YOUR VOICES AND LET THE WORLD KNOW IT,NOT SLAG IT.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #112: Nov 22, 2009 08:54:31 am
      Where was the spirit gone from a few weeks back, against Utd the crowd were loud, against City it was as if everyone had been unplugged.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #113: Nov 23, 2009 01:09:06 pm
      To the fella pictured in todays Irish Star on the Kop with an Irish flag saying something about a replay against France not the place for it. Your in the Kop to back Liverpool the Ireland France game has sod all to do with Liverpool so why do it?

As for the 2 lads in Huytons picture with the horse head and Homer mask well says it all about the current bunch of dicks that are laying hands on tickets at he minute. Another group on a jolly up in Liverpool who decide they'll pass a few hours in Anfield I'd think
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #114: Nov 23, 2009 11:21:43 pm

As for the 2 lads in Huytons picture with the horse head and Homer mask well says it all about the current bunch of dicks that are laying hands on tickets at he minute. Another group on a jolly up in Liverpool who decide they'll pass a few hours in Anfield I'd think
      [/quote]

the same sort of lads that are willing to pay a couple off hundred quid for tickets of touts  :tosser:

Quick Reply