Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 40443 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #299: Nov 01, 2009 01:48:34 am
      Some of the sh*te I've had to read in here is embarrassing.

We're on the bare bones of our arses! A full LFC squad would have taken Fulham apart yesterday. Especially seeing how we played in the first half.

Yesterday was grim though. I'm not happy with some of the decisions Rafa made. And some of our football was a disgrace. I thought taking Yossi off was taking the piss. F**k Europe, we won't be there if we don't do well in the league.......

But what can you do? Give us a full squad and then judge! When you're on the bones of your arse, a kick in the teeth is never good.

But opinions will be drawn by what happens on the pitch. And yesterday, the second half was far away from what we expect from the reds.

Not good enough.

It's time to forget about stats, times, history and the past. Just go with now. And tackle now. That's what the traveling reds do. We don't give in. Frustration may be a big thing, but F**k frustration. We know there's better times ahead. Especially when we have a full team to pick from.

By all means cipher what needs fixing in tough times like this. But you don't remove the crossbar because of a broken goal net. You remove the people who provide a sh*te goal net.

albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #300: Nov 01, 2009 02:05:02 am

Because our two clueless owners didn't give Rafa enough cash to improve the squad. We've so far only paid £5 million for Aquilani, we're paying in instalments, we wrote off £10 million Portsmouth owned us for Crouch, so payed about £7/8 million for Johnson.

While I understand the point you are making, and agree with it, I would suggest that those specific examples are not really valid.

Most big transfers are paid on installment so just because only a portion has gone out so far the total fee still has to be "booked" and planned for. The money still has to be found. So Aquilani definitely is costing us the full fee quoted.

So with the Crouch money...it wasn't "written off"...Johnson cost us 18 million REAL MONEY because otherwise we would have had the Crouch 10 million to spend elsewhere.

Not having a go at you but people can't just make this stuff up to support an argument.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #301: Nov 01, 2009 02:06:44 am
      While I understand the point you are making, and agree with it, I would suggest that those specific examples are not really valid.

Most big transfers are paid on installment so just because only a portion has gone out so far the total fee still has to be "booked" and planned for. The money still has to be found. So Aquilani definitely is costing us the full fee quoted.

So with the Crouch money...it wasn't "written off"...Johnson cost us 18 million REAL MONEY because otherwise we would have had the Crouch 10 million to spend elsewhere.

Not having a go at you but people can't just make this stuff up to support an argument.

Put it this way where did the Alonso money go?

Not in our transfer budget that's for sure, more like pay the debt brought on by those two bas**rds.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #302: Nov 01, 2009 02:13:48 am

Put it this way where did the Alonso money go?

Not in our transfer budget that's for sure, more like pay the debt brought on by those two bas**rds.

Money talks. Money talks. Dirty cash I want you dirty cash I need you more.

Back on topic.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #303: Nov 01, 2009 02:39:43 am
      Maybe so. But I'd still like to have seen him really go for the 3 points and leave Nando on. Then have him as a sub vs. Lyon if he needs the rest.
      Guess it depends what you think is the priority.

yeah, but i don't think it is just a case of him needing rest, it is more that a player becames prone to re-injury as he tires during a game. Rafa said it was a gamble to even play him at all today. I can just imagine the palava on here if he broke down again after 85 minutes or if Rafa left him out altogether. Basically, Rafa is in a no-win situation with Torres right now.

same with Gerrard too...if he risks him against Lyon then he's out for 6 weeks or something that will be Rafa wrong again.

Listen, I don't agree with lots of things Rafa does but I think we can at least trust him to know about his players' medical and fitness status...at least give him that much credit.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #304: Nov 01, 2009 02:44:33 am
      And Ryan isn't to blame for being a bit of a lazy b***ard!

Not all the managers fault, surely the blame should go with the player to, no?

i'm not sure blame is the right way to look at it. for me Babel is mentally weak so you could say he is at fault to a degree but then Rafa knows that but hasn't found a way of cajolling the best out of Babel.

So you could say they are both wrong or it's no one's fault whichever way you want to look at it.

If ultimately you decide Babel is just crap then, of course, you also have to accept that Rafa bought him so, again, "blame", such as there is, goes on both sides.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #305: Nov 01, 2009 02:47:06 am
      im tired!!!
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #306: Nov 01, 2009 02:57:56 am
      Rafa didn't get to spend any of the Alonso money!

We never spent £17 million on Johnson, we spent £7 million at most, we wrote off money owed to us by pompey and we're paying for Alberto in instalments.

as i pointed out in another post, we didn't "write off" the Crouch money....it was money due to come in, it was "on the books", so letting Pompey keep it is just the same as us receiving it then giving it back...so we definitely are paying 17 or 18 million for Johnson.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #307: Nov 01, 2009 02:58:44 am
      .....uhm yeah er......

WTF !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #308: Nov 01, 2009 03:15:04 am

Exactly how I feel Nikki! Hope your journey was ok. Probably best you missed the game.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #309: Nov 01, 2009 03:17:24 am
      Exactly how I feel Nikki! Hope your journey was ok. Probably best you missed the game.

Yeah my journey was fine kept on thinking about the game .....ur right I think it would've been best if I didn't see it , I would've been in tears the whole of yesterday !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #310: Nov 01, 2009 03:23:17 am
      Yeah my journey was fine kept on thinking about the game .....ur right I think it would've been best if I didn't see it , I would've been in tears the whole of yesterday !

There's no time for tears (DLS will be all over that). We've got a fight on now.

It seems like people are happy to give in.

Not me. And not you.
      adamw
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #311: Nov 01, 2009 06:53:51 am
      I'm really disappointed in this result obviously. I watched this game on tv obviously because i live in Australia and when the annoying, disappointing events occurred i was honestly depressed, but then i heard those Liverpool fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone when we were 3-1 down with 9 men on the field and it lifted me. We need to back our team in these dark times, not be so negative. Yes, some bizarre moves by Rafa, but i trust him.

MOM for me was Lucas, he was immense. He gets far too much unwarranted crap from the media and fans.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #312: Nov 01, 2009 08:09:00 am
      I like to put things in perspective for myself sometimes when bad things happen with Liverpool. We are in deep sh*te at the moment. Real deep. But it is not over. Nor is it ever over with Liverpool FC. Now i put it into perspective like this. My grandpa back in Australia has lung cancer, had it for awhile, over a year now. He will pass eventually from it, as it is not getting better. So he just has to enjoy the life he has until it is taken away. As the cancer will not stop.
      Now Liverpool may seem in a bad position, but there is always hope. There is always the next game, the next month. And if things go up sh*t creek royally this year, then next season. Unlike problems like cancer. That's how i put it in perspective. There is always hope in Football.
      F**k im gutted about the result too, felt like crying. But some on here are way over the top and im glad i spent my day out with my girlfriend, and watched some college football, rather than get myself involved with some here.

Keep faith people. This is Liverpool FC.

YNWA
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #313: Nov 01, 2009 09:05:45 am
      things like cancer always put football etc into perspective bigV. despite all our disappointment and frustration it all pales into insignificance.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 130 
      Reply #314: Nov 01, 2009 09:18:32 am
      I haven't seen the match, because I'm away this day, but after I came back home and take a look in the internet for the result I was stunned!! How the hell we lose 3:1 ? Because Stevie and Johnson wasn't playing? , Mascherano was out off the game? Or Torres wasn't 100 % fit? I'm very disappointed now :-(.
      Still belief that we came back this season !!
      We must find our fighting spirit back !
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #315: Nov 01, 2009 09:32:09 am
      All the millions in the world wouldnt be enough to consolidate for the mistakes Rafa is repeatedly making.

The post match interview has left me stunned.  It's embarrassing to listen to.
      He decided, regardless what ever the score was that he was going to bring Torres and Benny off. But Torres at 63 minutes? And what has Benayoun got to do to stay on the field?
      And Nathan Ecclestone?

We are bordering mediocrity . . . LFC, mediocrity? Come on this is unbelievable.

Lets stop blaming the Yanks, they don't pick the side. It's time for a change before we look above and see not only Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal, but Spurs, Villa and City laughing at us.

Enough is enough.
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #316: Nov 01, 2009 09:42:40 am
      I just don't know what to say anymore, the season so far is, to put it mildly, poo! Its been an emotional rollercoaster and all we can do now is stick by our team and hope we can get ourselves out of the proverbial s**t

Remember we love our team and we will never walk alone!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #317: Nov 01, 2009 09:44:49 am
      We are struggling at the moment no point in denying that.

Really really tired of this knee jerk sh*t.

F**k OFF AND EAT sh*t THE LOT OF YOU KNEE JERKERS.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #318: Nov 01, 2009 10:02:25 am
      Firstly, we didn't lost to a better team but we lost due to our inability to convert chances into goals.

We enjoyed a lot of ball possession throughout the game but as usual, I didn't see any urgency in our game. I wonder why did we played too much on our own half instead of pushing forward. Too many backpasses and allowing them to regroup when we launched an attack. Subbing Torres was quite understandable to me but Benny? It was clear he was unhappy about being subbed. It's not like that Rafa had lost control on his players but sometimes I'm baffled about his selection of substitutions. By subbing Benny, we apparently lost some creativity in our play because apart of Gerrard, Benny has been instrumental in our games. Starting that ponytail sucker was obviously a wrong move as he was totally uneffective. His first touches were disappointedly terrible. He lost too many balls by his lack of control. He's not connecting well with Torres unlike Benny who was extremely working very hard to break the defensive line and provide Torres with good passes. Meanwhile, for me Sotis was the main reason we let in too many goals. I'm not discrediting his efforts but the first goal was totally because his inability to read the movement of the ball. I thought he was totally aware that Zamora was right behind him but yet assuming that Insua would take care of he deliberately let the ball roll pass him. While Insua was thinking the same, Zamora wasted no chances and poked the ball pass the hapless Pepe and left our 2 defenders stranded. Same goes with the 2nd goal. Our inability to close down opponents cost us dearly as Nevland got the better of Sotis and cheekily slotted the ball pass Pepe. It was obvious the only player who's working his a**e off during that time was Carra. He made some decisive tackling and even got the undeserved red card. I think Zamora agreed to Carra's arguement that he clearly got the ball and not him. 3rd goal, well let just say that it was nothing we could do to prevent that.

So say that Sotis was the answer for our beloved Hyypia departure was not even close. Even with his advancing age, Hyypia will still provide us with good enough cover but Sotis on the other hand has failed to give me any impression that he's worth wearing the Liverpool shirt. Babel was brought on to give more spark as Torres clearly is having some trouble with his fitness. But I still saw some glimpse of disappointment from Torres but I totally understand Rafa's reason to sub him. But that's what a real Reds should be. Even if he's not fully fit, Torres still wanting to play. But Babel on the other hand disappeared as soon as he stepped into the pitch. There's no contribution from him, he's never to be seen, no real threat and easily dispossessed. And then after subbing Benny, we clearly lost the plot. What's the point playing your heart out if there still some who isn't fit to wear the shirt? Even when we were down 2-1, I can still see efforts being made by Masch, Lucas, Kuyt and Carra but we were being let down by the uneffectiveness of Babel, Voronin and Sotis.

Some might say Rafa's the reason for Babel current dip of form. It goes down to 2 factor; training regime or the player itself. A good player will never develop under poor training schedule and the player itself has to be working extra hard to prove himself worthy of Liverpool. In his case, I got to say it's his own fault he has not been developed well. If you're to blame our current training, then how on earth could Alonso, Lucas, Benny, Agger, Torres improved? Alonso was a nobody until Real Madrid snatched him. Torres was in average 19 goals per season in La Liga but now he's the most feared striker in PL. Babel should know, in LFC there's no such thing as easy ride. You have to work hard. I think it's about time he think about his contribution to the team and started to work more.

Prior to this match, I think that Manc game was the turning point to our revival but I was proved wrong. It's not Rafa to blame although at times I was a bit confused about his style of management, but solely on the players. More specifically on those who's not performing well. It's about time we change our approach to the game. It was like having 2 kind of mentality. At one time, we played like we wanted to prove something but sometimes we played just for the sake of playing. It's still early November and we got hell lot of time to turn this around.

As a supporter, there's no such thing as a lost cause. Some of us felt like it was a mistake supporting Liverpool, some blame Rafa and the players for everything while others blame the owner for such a commotion we're going through right now. Right now we must stop all these blaming game and continue giving all our support and love for Rafa and our lads to weather the bad moments we're in right now. There's no point arguing who's right or wrong now. Just wait until January or even end of May. Let us just forget about those 2 dickheads or our worst run ever. Being a Liverpool fan is not about the highs but also the lows. If you can't walk on through the pain or through the rain, or you felt that your hopes and dreams were already destroyed then there's no point supporting Liverpool FC.

I didn't asked for anything but just for your undivided support for Liverpool. Nevermind where we'll ended up being come May but the most important thing is to let them know we'll always be there thick or thin.

IRWT YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #319: Nov 01, 2009 10:06:37 am
      Lets stop blaming the Yanks, they don't pick the side.

Enough is enough.

Mate have you ever stopped and thought some times Rafa does not pick the side ?

Have you ever thought through injuries and a virus the side has pretty much picked its self ?

Do you think Rafa would have fielded that side had he had a full strength line up to choose from ?

We are Liverpool FC and we do not sack our manager on the back of our best season in 20 years after a run of poor results...we get behind the team we support them through thick and thin, we pull together and weather the storm because at the end of a storm there is a golden sky and we walk on with hope in our heart.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #320: Nov 01, 2009 10:15:55 am
      I just composed a long comment for the match thread and it's locked whilst I am doing it!

So the short version is I will not give up on this team but the lack of depth is there for all to see.

Maybe we should leave the Champions League for this season and get our Premiership game sorted...I just don't know at the moment....

Matey we aint giving up in October... yeah so fair enough it looks like Chelskis title but come on we fight and fight you said it we will not give up on this team!!!! we aint giving up people.. today is shocking but we face another day! I'm with every upset fan today but we have to carry on fighting, we just have too.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #321: Nov 01, 2009 10:17:44 am
      I think that both the sending off were poor.  Couldn't understand the tactical play as well as the substitution.  Nonetheless nice to see and hear the support.  Bad times at the Pool but still with the Liverbird all the way.  Lets go to Lyon and beat them and up our chances to qualify for the knockout stages and have a long run winning streak in PL.  Hope all the players will recover soonest from the virus and injuries.

BigvYNWA, sorry to hear about your grandpa.  May the remaining time for him be peaceful and comforting.

Quick Reply