Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

So if Rafa did leave...?

Read 5751 times
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Re: So if Rafa did leave...?
      Reply #69: Nov 02, 2009 10:23:17 pm
      im as big a liverpool fan as anyone but instead of rafa buying 3 sh*t players
      buy one good player simple as that
      Cmon mate, see the funny side, the sh*t ones makes these threads far more interesting :lmao:
      got to get up for the game on Wednesday.

Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #70: Nov 02, 2009 10:24:11 pm
      Dalglish with Hansen as his assistant.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #71: Nov 02, 2009 10:25:11 pm
      John Barnes  :f_tongueincheek:
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 02, 2009 10:27:07 pm

JB as reserve team coach.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #73: Nov 02, 2009 10:27:34 pm
      im as big a liverpool fan as anyone but instead of rafa buying 3 sh*t players
      buy one good player simple as that

Then when he does that you question the strength in depth, he's in a no win situation unless he's winning trophies. Rafa bought three players this season ..Aquilani 1 big name, Glen Johnson ..big name ...sotis big fella not so big name.

and your whining saying you'd like to see one quality signing Rafa has gave you two.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #74: Nov 02, 2009 10:27:46 pm
      actually i apologise for referring to any Liverpool player as sh*t, it is out of order.  some just are not as well developed as others.
      good proven players cost stupid money in todays transfer market, and we cannot compete so we buy 'prospects'
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #75: Nov 02, 2009 10:28:43 pm
      must win game i just hope he picks the right team
      babel has to stand up if given the chance
      c'mon the pool
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #76: Nov 02, 2009 10:29:59 pm

I wouldn't put Barnes anywhere near the team, he is a terrible manager/coach.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #77: Nov 02, 2009 10:33:48 pm
      I wouldn't put Barnes anywhere near the team, he is a terrible manager/coach.

but he is my hero  :f_wah:
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #78: Nov 02, 2009 10:36:06 pm
      Sam Allardyce ;D ;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #79: Nov 02, 2009 10:39:45 pm
      kevin keegan ;D
      heard a few rumours about the so called special 1 dont know how i'd feel about that like :-\
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #80: Nov 02, 2009 10:42:15 pm
      Fact is, there's no one suitable to replace him, not to mention he shouldn't be replaced anyway.

This is the man that broke the dominance of La Liga from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

This is the man who ended a 21 year wait for that 5th star. Not to mention taking us to another CL final.

We finished 2nd in the league last season and came so close. I think that's maybe the reason people are calling for his head now - if we finished 4th would there be as much negativity so far this season? I don't think so.

We've got off to a bad start, but who knows, it could be one step back and two forward from now on. We need to be patient.

In the worst case - what's another year when we've waited so long anyway? We're not going to all of a sudden have a 100% winning streak from now until the end of the season if Rafa was sacked, but you'd think that was the case by the way some people are talking on here. Even those who want him gone would surely have the sense to see that it wouldn't be logical to look for a new manager until the end of the season?

To be honest though I can't believe I'm even discussing the possibility.

I F***ing love Rafael Benitez and I for one will have the patience. He's taken us from being a UEFA Cup team to being a team capable of beating anyone... and well!

I'll stand by my belief that he is the right man for this club. I don't see myself changing my mind any time soon.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #81: Nov 02, 2009 11:11:56 pm
      Fact is, there's no one suitable to replace him, not to mention he shouldn't be replaced anyway.

This is the man that broke the dominance of La Liga from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

This is the man who ended a 21 year wait for that 5th star. Not to mention taking us to another CL final.

We finished 2nd in the league last season and came so close. I think that's maybe the reason people are calling for his head now - if we finished 4th would there be as much negativity so far this season? I don't think so.

We've got off to a bad start, but who knows, it could be one step back and two forward from now on. We need to be patient.

In the worst case - what's another year when we've waited so long anyway? We're not going to all of a sudden have a 100% winning streak from now until the end of the season if Rafa was sacked, but you'd think that was the case by the way some people are talking on here. Even those who want him gone would surely have the sense to see that it wouldn't be logical to look for a new manager until the end of the season?

To be honest though I can't believe I'm even discussing the possibility.

I f**king love Rafael Benitez and I for one will have the patience. He's taken us from being a UEFA Cup team to being a team capable of beating anyone... and well!

I'll stand by my belief that he is the right man for this club. I don't see myself changing my mind any time soon.
      Well said Ross,I know that everyone is entitled to their opinions,but the end of the season is the time to debate changes,not now in November.I'm so bored with all the pointless speculation.Time to be proper Liverpool fans,fight the others not ourselves,last word.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #82: Nov 02, 2009 11:13:48 pm
      By all means, there's nothing wrong with discussion of changes.

It's just the people that are properly trying to make it happen. How could they do that to the club. Just making things harder for everyone when no-one needs the sh*t!

I feel sorry for Rafa at the moment, I really do.

I just hope he's given his time and he'll win the silverware.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #83: Nov 03, 2009 12:21:35 am
      Topic Locked.

This thread started off with a few random names but has since clearly degenerated in to a similar thread to the 'Is the Rafa the right man thread?'

That thread is here - http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2009 01:25:18 am by JD »

Quick Reply