Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Birmingham (09/11/09)

Glen Johnson
      (69.8%)
      David N'Gog
      (9.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (3.1%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (2.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.2%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (9.3%)

Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham City: Post-match depression

Read 27191 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham City: Post-match depression
      Reply #207: Nov 10, 2009 06:46:47 pm
      I watched the match on tv last night and must admit when i saw N'gog go down it was an obvious penalty.However with the benefit of slow motion action replays it became clear there was no contact ...my point is this.. if N'gog hadn't hurdled the defenders leg he might have suffered an injury and he would definitely have been fouled resulting in a penalty ! I for one am glad he did hurdle the defenders leg as we cannot sustain any more injuries .
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #208: Nov 10, 2009 06:59:31 pm
      Ngog did dive for the pen but with the season we've had we deserve a bit of luck we should have won the game by a big margin we had 30 shots on goal and scored 2 goals so we wasted chances we should have taken. The lads showed passion commitment and played they're socks off we were unlucky to draw 2-2. We must keep our heads held high during this storm and people calling for Rafa's head are complete idiots. IRWT JFT96
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #209: Nov 10, 2009 09:12:11 pm
      Well, at least it wasn't another defeat, that's the way i'm looking at it. Twenty odd attempts on goal, over 400 complete passes and only two goals to show for it, not good enough. Had Torres been playing, we all know what the result would have been. Still hurting tonight, this feels like a defeat. Kuyt was wasteful to say the least, his first touch and decision making was awful. He's been playing like this for a while now. Birmingham parked the bus, and again, we failed to break them down. It's gonna take a while for Aquilani to get match fit, an eternity if he keeps getting ten minute cameos.

Skrtel was terrible, his aimless long passes were cringeworthy, just keep it simple and on the deck. Fair play to the lads, they huffed and puffed, but they couldn't blow the defensive door down in the second half, a story that's becoming quite familiar this season. Team spirit was good though, i'm hoping that after this international break our injury crisis will have eased and we can put a ten game win streak together and get back up to the top. I'm also hoping Aurelio is back at left back soon too, Insua is still too raw at the moment.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #210: Nov 11, 2009 12:42:49 am
      Glen Johnson for me, if he carries on like this, is he a shoe in for club player of the year this season?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #211: Nov 11, 2009 02:43:44 am
      With respect I wasn't moaning.  I was simply stating I didn't want to see N'Gog taking another dive and explained my reason why.  I respect your opinion on the matter though.  I'm still going to continue to hate it but agreed nothing can be done to change the current state of affairs.

Actually wasn't having a go, was talking more in general, was just about to start painting again so kind of rushed my answer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #212: Nov 11, 2009 03:07:03 am
      Best not mention Gerrard and the 'nailed on' penalty in Istanbul then.  :f_whistle:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #213: Nov 11, 2009 03:18:49 am
      Best not mention Gerrard and the 'nailed on' penalty in Istanbul then.  :f_whistle:

Oh don't go stirring up that hornets nest!

I mean what hornets nest. Was a bang on penalty. Should have been a red card too.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #214: Nov 11, 2009 03:27:33 am
      Lovin' the international break.

Giving the players a break and the media no chance to stir up more cock in the press.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #215: Nov 11, 2009 11:02:16 am
      Not much more to say on the match apart from still being gutted nearly 2 days later.

What I want to say though is, where do all these posters come from after a bad result? You never see them after we win and you definitely don't see them on other threads.

FFS, we're already gutted enough with the result, then we have to read the sh*t they post. Does my F***ing head in. If you wanna be part of the forum, be a part of the forum, don't just come on here to criticize after we've had a bad performance/result.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #216: Nov 11, 2009 01:12:23 pm
      Not much more to say on the match apart from still being gutted nearly 2 days later.

What I want to say though is, where do all these posters come from after a bad result? You never see them after we win and you definitely don't see them on other threads.

FFS, we're already gutted enough with the result, then we have to read the sh*t they post. Does my f**king head in. If you wanna be part of the forum, be a part of the forum, don't just come on here to criticize after we've had a bad performance/result.

totally agree with you aussie. i thought we actually played well but lack a bit a of cutting edge outside the area, the killer pass that puts one of our lads through on goal just does not happen at the moment. 19 shots on goal but a lot of them were from edge of the area and i remember a lot of last ditch blocks by b'ham (credit to their defenders). instead of blasting, we need clever throughballs, the type that alonso used provide. i think in gerrard and aquiliani, we have the quality in midfield to do this, but theirs and a lot of others' injury problems are well documented. lets be patient.

i read an angry reply in the thread earlier from someone ranting that they're fed up with it and that if we're not back on track by january, rafa should go end of season. what ridicilous statement! non of us are happy at the moment and i certainly did not enjoy watching us draw to sh*te team at home. but we support our team through thick and thin and i will not join the 'sack rafa' band wagon because we're having a rotten run. long term success does not come from short term knee jerk reactions like this (remember its been 8 or 9 games, not a season). even if we don't make champs lge and crash out of this years, i STILL would not sack rafa but give him another two seasons. that's how you build a team and enjoy long term success.

on another note, aquilani, against arse and b'ham showed some real quality touches (in about 20 minutes of footy in total), promising. and johnson...what a player for the long term.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #217: Nov 11, 2009 01:53:11 pm
      Actually wasn't having a go, was talking more in general, was just about to start painting again so kind of rushed my answer.

No sweat, and like I said with you I agree its generally a hopeless cause.  Onwards and upwards to the next match. 

Come on ya Reds!
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #218: Nov 11, 2009 03:49:00 pm
      Lovin' the international break.

Giving the players a break and the media no chance to stir up more cock in the press.

You wont be saying that many times mate

On reflection, I thought we were much more dominant and looked very attacking minded, Glen Johnson was great I thought and boy have we missed him. He was by far the MOTM but again silly first goal, have to say Jerome's goal was fantastic. We deserved the 3 points but we ended up with 1, we got a dodgy penalty, never was but as soon as I saw it I just said to my mate, ill take it at the moment. International break will do us good because City and Everton our next two games, doesn’t get much easier does it and we definatley don’t want a defeat to the blue and white sh*te
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #219: Nov 11, 2009 04:24:45 pm
      Gutted about the result but thought the performance was good,we had plenty of the ball and created enough chances to win 2 games.Just need that bit of luck now and we will start flying again.A lot more positives to take out of the game and if we carry on playing that way we won't go far wrong.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #220: Nov 11, 2009 04:35:52 pm
      Beside Torres and Gerrard we have got no other good finisher. We get tons of chance, but no one can F***ing finish it.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #221: Nov 11, 2009 04:43:30 pm
      Beside Torres and Gerrard we have got no other good finisher. We get tons of chance, but no one can f**king finish it.

None more true a word spoken.

I seem to remember Benayoun and Kuyt having awful shots, with going for all power and missing or placement and being too soft. Poor technique.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #222: Nov 11, 2009 05:26:07 pm
      I don't like diving or cheating in matches and all of us liverpool fans don't if we did we'd support man united
      bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #223: Nov 11, 2009 06:46:04 pm
      hey birmingham city fan here..im  a bit disapointed in what a few of you scouse fans think of birmingham and automatically think you should roll us over..we all knew you was going to be the better team in the game and any one going to anfield should set out to defefend because its the only way to get one or three points a few of you are acting asif you should/deserved to thrash us..no i thought we defended really well we didnt come with a 4-5-1 we went for it took lead and tried to keep it instead of leaving gaps so you can open us up and thrash us..if we are that poor of a side why havnt you beat us in the last 6 or so visits weve made to anfield?..i read that we was lucky..no jerome scored a class goal how can it be fluke or luck when he hit ball at goal and went in?..how can it be lucky that you was too poor to score more than two the chances you had they didnt really cause any problems..yes you had ball 90 percent of time..but did you really threten joe hart? no u didnt, top four clubs have always been lucky dont get me wrong we delighted with point we wanted that originally but the luck was on your side once again as the ref  fell for your cheating crap striker..wheres all the credit our team gets?.. we have championship centre halfs who looked extremly comfortable with evrything you threw at us..and to be honest the only time you looked decent was again when stevie g came on he defiantly gave your players a lift..without him and torres i hate to say it but youd be a middle table club wether you lot agree i dont really care i find it laughable how you all think u shouldve won no we deserved our point and felt gutted we got conned out of all three.. oh yer you'll never the blues:) keep right on
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #224: Nov 11, 2009 06:50:35 pm
      We'll never the blues?

Haven't youz got your own forum, shithead?

Now kindly F**k off.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #225: Nov 11, 2009 06:59:35 pm
      Have fun in the Championship next season.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 07:37:55 pm by Dmasta »
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #226: Nov 11, 2009 07:36:55 pm
      I can't wait to see Torres and Gerrard each put 3 past Joe Hart at your sh*t hole.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #227: Nov 11, 2009 08:02:50 pm
      hey birmingham city fan here..im  a bit disapointed in what a few of you scouse fans think of birmingham and automatically think you should roll us over..we all knew you was going to be the better team in the game and any one going to anfield should set out to defefend because its the only way to get one or three points a few of you are acting asif you should/deserved to thrash us..no i thought we defended really well we didnt come with a 4-5-1 we went for it took lead and tried to keep it instead of leaving gaps so you can open us up and thrash us..if we are that poor of a side why havnt you beat us in the last 6 or so visits weve made to anfield?..i read that we was lucky..no jerome scored a class goal how can it be fluke or luck when he hit ball at goal and went in?..how can it be lucky that you was too poor to score more than two the chances you had they didnt really cause any problems..yes you had ball 90 percent of time..but did you really threten joe hart? no u didnt, top four clubs have always been lucky dont get me wrong we delighted with point we wanted that originally but the luck was on your side once again as the ref  fell for your cheating crap striker..wheres all the credit our team gets?.. we have championship centre halfs who looked extremly comfortable with evrything you threw at us..and to be honest the only time you looked decent was again when stevie g came on he defiantly gave your players a lift..without him and torres i hate to say it but youd be a middle table club wether you lot agree i dont really care i find it laughable how you all think u shouldve won no we deserved our point and felt gutted we got conned out of all three.. oh yer you'll never the blues:) keep right on

Want to translate that into English now.

Many thanks!
      bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #228: Nov 11, 2009 10:49:29 pm
      never beat the blues i meant to put i was saying that with sarcasm..we all know your the better team and have a better squad I'm not saying we are on par with liverpool because we haven't lost to you in so many years i was just having a little bit of banter but what i noticed from you lot you just got your heads right up your own teams arse ;D i haven't seen many comments congratulating us on how well we defended you lot think its bad luck that you drew that game and not won load of crap it ain't our fault your finishing isn't up to scratch at the moment we wasn't lucky one bit you was..we deserved our point and we are happy we ain't going down mate be live me theirs alto worse than us..did u see the games against man city and sunderland..sunderland beat you came to us and got battered all over the pitch we ain't as bad as you think..your underestimating us and you think its all because of luck you drew nah your lucky you got a point you cheating tw*ts you and the other 3 big teams go to stop the cheating..if you finish top 4 year this year i bet you majority of them points are through dodgy ref decisions..ooh no torres that's what your threatening me with ? your clearly a 2 man team if you dint get Gerrard and torres playing then you've had it really but i do wish you very best and hope you do come out this blip i do respect liverpool hugely and always route for em in Europe but some of you fans just go to be so one sided and start respecting the opposition a little more
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #229: Nov 11, 2009 10:53:43 pm
      You obviously watched a different game to me. I was there. Were you? And if you were, did you spend the whole game singing 'sh*t on the villa'? And might I just point out that villa are in fact ten places above you in the league? So it's sh*t on the brummies really isn't it?

Tart.

Quick Reply