Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Enke commits suicide

Read 6133 times
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Re: Enke commits suicide
      Reply #46: Nov 11, 2009 03:02:42 pm
      The website from Hannover 96 is down.
      Very painful. :(

http://www.hannover96.de/

He was depressive and afraid, because he thought. that he and Teresa lost Leila, the adoptive child.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #47: Nov 11, 2009 04:06:33 pm
      Really sad to hear about his death and the fact that it was a suicide. :(

RIP
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #48: Nov 11, 2009 04:16:58 pm
      So shocking and sad,deepest sympathy to all his friends and family.

RIP
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #49: Nov 11, 2009 07:14:41 pm
      Tragedy. It's heartbreaking to see when people are so unhappy this is the only option they have. Awful news.

RIP Enke. You'll Never Walk Alone.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #50: Nov 11, 2009 07:19:00 pm
      Horrendous, that.

I don't know what I'd do if one of my children died, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I hope he's found peace now, thoughts should be with the family he's left behind, how they'll go about picking up the pieces I don't know.

RIP.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #51: Nov 11, 2009 07:23:36 pm
      Horrendous, that.

I don't know what I'd do if one of my children died, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I hope he's found peace now, thoughts should be with the family he's left behind, how they'll go about picking up the pieces I don't know.

RIP.

I was thinking the same thing. The thought of losing my son makes me queasy. It most have crushed him. He seemed a gentle person from all accounts. After having nine months with his child and then to lose her? Ugh. Horrible.

Some people say that suicide is a selfish act, but I have to disagree. There are some people who are just too sensitive for the sh*t this world can pour down on you.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Nov 11, 2009 07:31:53 pm
      Bit of an unfortunate turn of phrase that isn't it?

It's very sad. Maybe it is related to the death of his child.

Very unfortunate, didn't mean it to sound like that. When i read it back i was like *face palm*

Been on my mind a bit actually, just goes to show no one is immune to dark feelings clouding the mind, no matter where they are in society. Poor or rich and with fame, you can be caught. Should be an eye opener to all just to always look for any changes in family and friends.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #53: Nov 11, 2009 07:37:01 pm
      His wife has given a  press conference.
      For all,they can understand German, I post the link. In English, I haven't found yet, but I will answer your questions.
      The video calls "Zum Tod von Robert Enke
      In voller Länge: PK von Hannover 96"

(one click on the arrow right)

http://mediencenter.n24.de/
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #54: Nov 11, 2009 08:59:19 pm
      Feel so sorry for the family he has left behind but Hannover must have noticed he wasn't himself such a pity they didn't do anything about his situation... My thoughts are with his family RIP Enke..
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #55: Nov 12, 2009 03:36:39 pm
      I'm at a loss for words. Feel sorry for the family he left behind. May your soul rest in peace, Enke, and all our prayers are for your family.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #56: Nov 12, 2009 04:56:17 pm
      tragic. really shocked. really feel for his family

rip enke
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #57: Nov 12, 2009 06:43:22 pm
      Not nice when something like this happens, I just hope his family are coping.  YNWA    rest in peace.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #58: Nov 14, 2009 05:19:54 pm
      R.I.P Robert Enke :'(
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #59: Nov 16, 2009 02:30:19 am
      R.I.P Robert Enke
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Nov 16, 2009 09:03:50 am
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #61: Nov 16, 2009 09:37:17 am
      Apparently he never got over the loss of his daughter a few years ago. Really sad news, someone who will be missed in the world of football. R.I.P
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #62: Nov 16, 2009 12:04:40 pm
      He was really depressed, but mostly he did this because he was afraid. His doctor wanted to have him committed to a psychiatric institution for a few weeks to deal with his depression, and he was too afraid to deal with the consequences of that, especially how the press and outside world would handle it. Also cause he and his wife had an adopted daughter by now, and he was afraid they'd take her away because of his mental issues.  Still ofcourse you have to be really depressed to do something like this, bu that situation gave him the last push. It's sad though, I wish his family the best.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,367 posts | 8618 
      Reply #63: Nov 16, 2009 02:36:39 pm
      Robert Enke tragedy takes me back to dark day I nearly committed suicide
      By Stan Collymore 16/11/09

The news of Robert Enke’s suicide left me numb and brought back all my recollections of when I almost took my own life when I was depressed.

I was on air at the time for talkSPORT and initially didn’t believe the rumours about Enke’s demise.

But when I got home and looked at the full gravity of what happened, it made me very upset as I have been in that position myself.

A lot of people think sportsmen are super-human and they don’t have feelings.

People think sports-stars earn a lot of money and that is an automatic indicator of happiness - well I can tell you it is not.

I have had about six major bouts of depression since the age of 18 and I have sat there with a belt round my neck and gone out in a car and chucked a rope over a tree.

All were done in absolute calm serenity with no hysterics or behaviour of a wide-eyed mad-man.

It was just a solution to a problem that either four in ten people in the UK will either suffer from or know somebody that does.

When I thought about the lonely steps Robert Enke would have taken before throwing himself in front of a train, it made me both sad and angry that depression still still clearly remains in football.

German national team goalkeeper Enke, 32, was used to playing for Hannover in front of an adoring crowd.

He had only just come back into the side and you would think the guy has everything - money, status, respect and a family.

So for him to walk in the darkness in Germany near a railway line and have the clearness of thought and mind to throw himself before an oncoming train gives you an insight into what an awful illness depression is.

And it is another massive wake-up call about depression in sport.

In the wake of Enke’s tragedy, I have been asked to do a documentary on the issue for Inside Sport for the BBC.

I don’t know whether I want to do it because I don’t know whether I want to bring my past all up again.

It is one of the things about depression that when you do feel good, you don’t want to drag through all the dark issues you have had.

But I think I probably owe it to lots of people to do the programme to shed some more light on depression.

If there are any players out there who struggle with mental health issues, then I would urge them to speak to their team’s physio or go to their GP - and to keep going until they get the right answer.

Because sitting at home and keeping it to yourself makes the problem worse.

I sincerely wish Robert Enke’s family the very best and it makes me realise how lucky I am now.

Five years ago I came back from Real Oviedo and chucked a rope over a tree.

I was more than willing to take my own life but am so so glad I didn’t.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/Robert-Enke-tragedy-takes-me-back-to-dark-day-I-nearly-committed-suicide-article222793.html

Quick Reply