Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Tevez considers retirement

Read 6029 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Re: Tevez considers retirement
      Reply #23: Nov 15, 2009 05:47:20 pm
      I guess I expect a bit more intelligence, but maybe that's too much to expect.

Why footballers are paid F***ing thousands for 90 minutes work, wouldn't be feeling that sorry for them.

Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 15, 2009 05:51:44 pm
      Why footballers are paid F***ing thousands for 90 minutes work, wouldn't be feeling that sorry for them.

I'm not feeling sorry for him. I couldn't care less if he continues or quits football, I'm just surprised people are judging him this harsh because of it, that's all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #25: Nov 15, 2009 05:57:34 pm
      I'm not feeling sorry for him. I couldn't care less if he continues or quits football, I'm just surprised people are judging him this harsh because of it, that's all.

To be honest don't care myself really, think it's more of a case of ex-United player (playing for a team we play next) moaning about how he feels tired and is considering retirement, just after signing for a new team and a lovely fat signing-on fee.

IMO he's a Manc tw*t, nothing more, nothing less.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Nov 15, 2009 07:00:25 pm

He's bitching about wanting to spend more time with family, when im damn sure he gets a lot more time with family than a large majority of the working class population who work hard all week, and do this until there 60's at least. This lad is 25, playing football to earn millions of dollars, something all of us would love to do, and he is whining about lack of family time. Shooting a gift horse in the mouth ::)

Anyone else mentioned the fact he took the transfer merry go round on a real ride in the summer to? Im sure if this was out then it would have drove his price down a little.

Saying all that, it could be completely out of context (would be no surprise) and it could be meaning just international football. Which would be fair enough.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 15, 2009 07:13:13 pm
      He's bitching about wanting to spend more time with family, when im damn sure he gets a lot more time with family than a large majority of the working class population who work hard all week, and do this until there 60's at least. This lad is 25, playing football to earn millions of dollars, something all of us would love to do, and he is whining about lack of family time. Shooting a gift horse in the mouth ::)

Anyone else mentioned the fact he took the transfer merry go round on a real ride in the summer to? Im sure if this was out then it would have drove his price down a little.

Saying all that, it could be completely out of context (would be no surprise) and it could be meaning just international football. Which would be fair enough.
      I get the idea he's talking about his family in Argentina though. And sure, we'd all love to earn millions, but once you're already rich and financially set for the rest of your life then earning even more money becomes alot less important.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Nov 15, 2009 07:18:34 pm
      I get the idea he's talking about his family in Argentina though. And sure, we'd all love to earn millions, but once you're already rich and financially set for the rest of your life then earning even more money becomes alot less important.

My family and friends are on the other side of the world, i have no choice but to keep going with college here in America though. He has signed a contract, a big one. He should be made to complete that. And plenty of footballers send themselves broke after life is done in football. If i was him i would be trying to scrape every last cent i could out of my body until i was at least 30. It shows a major personality flaw when you just suddenly decide, oh im tired, im gonna retire, after only signing a mega contract a few months previous. I just don't like it.

Plus, as HR said, he's a manc tw*t.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 15, 2009 07:28:40 pm
      My family and friends are on the other side of the world, i have no choice but to keep going with college here in America though. He has signed a contract, a big one. He should be made to complete that. And plenty of footballers send themselves broke after life is done in football. If i was him i would be trying to scrape every last cent i could out of my body until i was at least 30. It shows a major personality flaw when you just suddenly decide, oh im tired, im gonna retire, after only signing a mega contract a few months previous. I just don't like it.

Plus, as HR said, he's a manc tw*t.
      There's always a choice. Your college comparison is a bit silly. I agree in the sense that he signed a contract though, he should be kept to that. Players are getting too much power nowadays in that sense. But I don't agree about scraping every last cent, there's more important things than money, money doesn't equal happiness.

But yeah, manc tw*t :P
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Reply #30: Nov 15, 2009 08:04:52 pm
      If he tries anything, City will sue him for everything he has and more, like Chelsea are trying to do with Mutu.
      They'll want the fee back, and he would also need to buy-out his contract, and he's no Beckham to have millions in advertising endorsements. Not with his ugly face.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Nov 15, 2009 08:11:44 pm
      There's always a choice. Your college comparison is a bit silly. I agree in the sense that he signed a contract though, he should be kept to that. Players are getting too much power nowadays in that sense. But I don't agree about scraping every last cent, there's more important things than money, money doesn't equal happiness.

But yeah, manc tw*t :P

I didn't mean the college comparison to football, just that i also miss my family and could pack up and go home, but i don't. And i don't have a choice in the sense that i need to do this to achieve something in life. Because whether or not you are rich, life is about achievement. And no offense but if he packs up and goes he will be regarded in england as a real "he could have been so much, but wasn't" guy. Yeah, a couple of titles at manure but he was never the main man there. And what else? And im not saying money buys happiness, but to think he can afford to retire now is a bit cocky. Many a football player goes broke after play, so he should be careful in thinking that. I personally find it hard to believe he has that much saved that he can live the rest of his life in comfort, unless he plans to live modestly.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 15, 2009 08:25:25 pm
      I didn't mean the college comparison to football, just that i also miss my family and could pack up and go home, but i don't. And i don't have a choice in the sense that i need to do this to achieve something in life. Because whether or not you are rich, life is about achievement. And no offense but if he packs up and goes he will be regarded in england as a real "he could have been so much, but wasn't" guy. Yeah, a couple of titles at manure but he was never the main man there. And what else? And im not saying money buys happiness, but to think he can afford to retire now is a bit cocky. Many a football player goes broke after play, so he should be careful in thinking that. I personally find it hard to believe he has that much saved that he can live the rest of his life in comfort, unless he plans to live modestly.
      What life is about is what you make it about, it's not about achievement for everybody, at leats not in that sense. Plenty of people who don't value a career over their family. And it doesn't really matter what people in England think about him does it? I wouldn't care. People care way too F***ing much about what other people think about them really. And not that many football players go broke, it's just the idiots that you hear about. He grew up in one of the toughest ghettos in Argentina, with a couple of million you can easily live a very comfortable life in Argentina.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: Nov 15, 2009 08:34:08 pm
      What life is about is what you make it about, it's not about achievement for everybody, at leats not in that sense. Plenty of people who don't value a career over their family. And it doesn't really matter what people in England think about him does it? I wouldn't care. People care way too f**king much about what other people think about them really. And not that many football players go broke, it's just the idiots that you hear about. He grew up in one of the toughest ghettos in Argentina, with a couple of million you can easily live a very comfortable life in Argentina.

Ah, settle. When i say achievement, i mean for me. I want to be a journalist/fiction writer, so this is what im doing for me. And it does matter, and it should for Tevez. He's a professional football player, who came to England looking to play and be the best. Why else would he have come? He didn't come to earn a couple million and retire at 25. He came with the intention of proving himself. Otherwise he shoulda just bloody stayed in Argentina. You see my point? No one comes to play in England to earn a few quid and retire at 25. If that is the plan, then they get scolded for it. To play in England you need to have ambition and fire to be the best. So if he picks up and fucks off now, then regardless of whether he wants to care or not, he will hear about it. He signed a mega contract a mere few months ago, and now this is out. You see my point about personality? The kind of guy who turns around like this is one i do not like and have no respect for, that is what im trying to say.

My money is on him only retiring from international football anyways, so what i am saying is purely hypothetical on account of what has been written.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 15, 2009 09:15:23 pm
      Ah, settle. When i say achievement, i mean for me. I want to be a journalist/fiction writer, so this is what im doing for me. And it does matter, and it should for Tevez. He's a professional football player, who came to England looking to play and be the best. Why else would he have come? He didn't come to earn a couple million and retire at 25. He came with the intention of proving himself. Otherwise he shoulda just bloody stayed in Argentina. You see my point? No one comes to play in England to earn a few quid and retire at 25. If that is the plan, then they get scolded for it. To play in England you need to have ambition and fire to be the best. So if he picks up and fucks off now, then regardless of whether he wants to care or not, he will hear about it. He signed a mega contract a mere few months ago, and now this is out. You see my point about personality? The kind of guy who turns around like this is one i do not like and have no respect for, that is what im trying to say.

My money is on him only retiring from international football anyways, so what i am saying is purely hypothetical on account of what has been written.
      Since he actually says he already achieved everything he wanted to in football, most of what you said doesn't make sense. Who knows what's been going with him, also in his personal life and what not. Maybe he didn't turn around suddenly, who knows what's been going on in his head and his environment. And why wouldn't he come for the money? The income differences are huge between the leagues in south america and the EPL. If they'd get paid the same ammount there then many of them would remain there. I know we would like all football players to have that ambition, fire and passion for the game, but that's never going to happen.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #35: Nov 15, 2009 09:22:57 pm
      How on earth can he be to tired? This is a really stupid thing to say...how old is he? 23 ? He really should have ALOT more stamina for someone his age.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 15, 2009 09:42:44 pm
      He isn't too tired, he said he's tired of so much football. It has nothing to do with stamina.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: Nov 16, 2009 06:43:00 pm
      Since he actually says he already achieved everything he wanted to in football, most of what you said doesn't make sense. Who knows what's been going with him, also in his personal life and what not. Maybe he didn't turn around suddenly, who knows what's been going on in his head and his environment. And why wouldn't he come for the money? The income differences are huge between the leagues in south america and the EPL. If they'd get paid the same ammount there then many of them would remain there. I know we would like all football players to have that ambition, fire and passion for the game, but that's never going to happen.

Well no it does make sense. He has achieved everything he wants? He set his bar real high then ::)

If he has made the decision to retire fully, and i say if because the paper could be just sprouting sh*te, but if he has then it IS a sudden turn around. Regardless of what has been going on in his head, he still took all and sundry on a huge merry go round of will he, won't he in the summer. For a couple months we were watching what he would do, with him almost at Chelsea, then us apparently knocking, then finally ending up at City. And signing a mega deal and talking about how happy he was. So it is a sudden turn around, and you can't dress it up as anything else. And he hasn't been playing all that much this year with injuries and such, so tired of football seems a little weird.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 16, 2009 07:27:49 pm
      Well no it does make sense. He has achieved everything he wants? He set his bar real high then ::)

If he has made the decision to retire fully, and i say if because the paper could be just sprouting sh*te, but if he has then it IS a sudden turn around. Regardless of what has been going on in his head, he still took all and sundry on a huge merry go round of will he, won't he in the summer. For a couple months we were watching what he would do, with him almost at Chelsea, then us apparently knocking, then finally ending up at City. And signing a mega deal and talking about how happy he was. So it is a sudden turn around, and you can't dress it up as anything else. And he hasn't been playing all that much this year with injuries and such, so tired of football seems a little weird.
      Seeing where he comes from, he probably achieved way more in football than he could have ever dreamed of. Who are you to judge that? Who knows what he's been through in his life, what he's had to overcome to get where he is now. Don't be so judgemental when you don't even know the kid. There's plenty of things in life to achieve besides playing football.

And he actually mentions wanting to play for Boca too, I don't think he wants to fully retire, he probably just wants a different life back in Argentina. His injuries might even be part of the reason why he feels like this now, because he had the chance to spend more time with family and outside of football, who knows. I really don't get why anyone would care in the first place about whatever he wants to do with his life, let alone care enough to bash him over this. He's not a red so, who cares.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Nov 16, 2009 07:34:24 pm
      To be fair with him, it's not the first time he says such thing. I remember him talking about retiring at 27 or 28 years of age, when he played for Corinthians.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Nov 16, 2009 07:37:45 pm
      Seeing where he comes from, he probably achieved way more in football than he could have ever dreamed of. Who are you to judge that? Who knows what he's been through in his life, what he's had to overcome to get where he is now. Don't be so judgemental when you don't even know the kid. There's plenty of things in life to achieve besides playing football.

And he actually mentions wanting to play for Boca too, I don't think he wants to fully retire, he probably just wants a different life back in Argentina. His injuries might even be part of the reason why he feels like this now, because he had the chance to spend more time with family and outside of football, who knows. I really don't get why anyone would care in the first place about whatever he wants to do with his life, let alone care enough to bash him over this. He's not a red so, who cares.

I aint bashing him, i honestly couldn't give much of a rats arse what he does. What i am repeatedly trying to say is the issue is his contract he signed and the massive ride he took every one on in the summer, and then if this turns out to be true then he has made a complete turn around in a very short time. Which is wrong, i don't care what life he has come from. That is just bad form. And im damn sure any lad who dreams of making it big in football dreams of more than just a couple titles as a bit part player. He has never truly set the world alight in my opinion. I am just saying what i think, so don't tell me not to be judgemental as all im doing is saying it how i see it. And im sure im not alone in thinking that if this is true then copping out on a mega contract after stringing everyone along is a very bad sign of character.
      To be fair with him, it's not the first time he says such thing. I remember him talking about retiring at 27 or 28 years of age, when he played for Corinthians.

And that's fine to do to! Im not saying i disagree with the early retirement, what i disagree with is signing a contract for so long then doing it. He should see out his contract, then go if he wants.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #41: Nov 16, 2009 08:01:44 pm
      And I am sure that an Argentinian lad, especially during the time he grew up in the place where he grew up, couldn't care less about achieving anything in the EPL :P It's not like he hasn't achieved anything before coming to the EPL, he won the copa sudamericana and the world cup with Boca. We're talking about Man City here though, if you lure people away from their clubs with that kind of money then you better expect them to care alot more about the money than the club, suits them right.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Nov 17, 2009 07:47:41 am
      Diddums.

Am I supposed to empathise with an ungrateful bellend who's on 150K a week and now feels a bit drowsy?
      Please.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #43: Nov 17, 2009 08:33:57 am
      Tevez's horrific appearance is caused by a condition known as  "accelerated aging disease"

At 40 he will be like a 90 year old. That is why he is so exhausted now.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #44: Nov 17, 2009 10:18:34 am
      Retiring at 25? What an achievement! He thinks he has won everything there is to be won, been there and done that. Now it's time for him to slack off and grow fat.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: Nov 17, 2009 11:41:37 am
      Just proved he is a money grabbing pr**k.

Quick Reply