Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

UEFA clamping down on touts?

Read 1418 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      UEFA clamping down on touts?
      May 08, 2007 08:26:35 pm
      From F365

UEFA and British police have sent a letter to touts warning they may take action to prevent Champions League final tickets being sold on for high profits.

Tickets for the final between Liverpool and AC Milan in Athens have been changing hands at many times face value but new laws in the UK mean touting can be a criminal offence.

UEFA said in a statement: "Police in the UK have sent out a warning letter to several companies and individuals offering tickets for sale to high-profile UEFA matches such as the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League finals, asking them to immediately take such tickets off the market.

"The letter made it clear that illicit sale of tickets undermines the safety and segregation of fans, potentially causing significant public order and safety issues."

The new legislation came into force last month and makes it a criminal offence in England and Wales for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match including Champions League and UEFA Cup matches.

The new law specifically makes it a criminal offence to offer the tickets over the internet or to sell a ticket as part of a hospitality package.

UEFA have already cancelled a number of tickets sold in breach of their ticketing terms and conditions, as a clear warning sign to those involved.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2114822,00.html

I have often wondered why the Premiership have never clamped down on these sites. They are selling the likes of LFC tickets against Charlton next week for around £250.  That is £25 tickets for £250! 

It pisses me off something chronic.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: UEFA clamping down on touts?
      Reply #1: May 08, 2007 11:00:13 pm
      I have often wondered why the Premiership have never clamped down on these sites. They are selling the likes of LFC tickets against Charlton next week for around £250.  That is £25 tickets for £250! 

It pisses me off something chronic.

It pisses me off too. It's a f*ckin' joke! Somewhere along the lines, money must change hands to some fat cats in suits, involved with the FA.

Quick Reply