Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion

Read 28463 times
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Re: Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion
      Reply #115: Nov 24, 2009 10:39:14 pm
      So......
      Rafa's gonna be fired,
      We're out of the Champions league so life is over,
      We're have a sh*t squad,
      Loads of debt,
      2 muppets in charge
      Gonna be relegated this season.

People are all talking sh*te like that.

I'm sick of all the doom and gloom.
      I feel that tonight we have hit a turning point. Being out of the Champions league this early may actually be a blessing. We can now focus on getting back into the top 4 in the league. Lets go ahead and enjoy the Europa league.
      Every team encounters times like this. We'll come back even stronger.

I actually think we played very well as a unit tonight. Our passing was alot better than in recent matches, especially our 1 touch football. We created lots of chances but just lacked the finish.
      Keep the heads high lads!!
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #116: Nov 24, 2009 10:40:27 pm
      its awful
      i keep forgetting we actually won tonight, but maybe its because we played crap yet again and didnt deserve it
      certainly didnt deserve to go through
      cant pin point whats going wrong but if youre gona run the clock down dont do it with a £20m man, send on a youngster
      was reading that interview from babel n all and he was saying the team isnt really as one off the pitch :/ wonder if thats got anything to do with it?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #117: Nov 24, 2009 10:44:27 pm
      F**k me there is a lot of optimism, I just saw us produce 90 minutes of awful football and we were lucky to beat a second rate European side and people on here are delighted with the win.

The football that we have produced in the last 10 games has being awful. I look at our squad and I think we need serious investment something which is not going to happen and with the lack of Champions league this season I would nt be surprised of players leaving without suitable replacements got.

I think us going out could prove catasphoric to the club with the current financial situation but keep up the optimism because the realism is a whole lot worse at the moment.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #118: Nov 24, 2009 10:45:46 pm
      Was a long shot we'd get through to the knockout stages after the previous results. Was a sorry scene though with the players watching the end of the Lyon match on TV, hoping for scraps from the table.
      Feck the Europa league, waste of time, the Euro version of the Fizzy Cola, or whatever the hell that tin cup is called now (Carling cup?). Only positive thing is that it'll give Aquilani/players coming back from injury/reserve team guys more game time. That is unless Rafa plays strong sides, which he might have to, now that he's getting desperate to win something given the pressure he's obviously under after the season so far. Imagine that if we were closer the top of the Prem Lge, the Europa would take a serious back seat.
      Pity not to see more of Aquilani tonight, but turned out moot in the end. Wonder if he'll get a run against Everton. And Torres is due back too I think on Sunday, so maybe some light at end of the tunnel then. Plus the FA Cup to come. Happy days :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #119: Nov 24, 2009 10:47:56 pm

Yeah, proved it with his last post. Seriously corbally, it's called filling up ya glass half full, not half empty. You should try it sometime.

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #120: Nov 24, 2009 10:48:19 pm
      its awful
      I keep forgetting we actually won tonight, but maybe its because we played crap yet again and didnt deserve it
      cant pin point whats going wrong but if youre gona run the clock down dont do it with a £20m man, send on a youngster
      was reading that interview from babel n all and he was saying the team isnt really as one off the pitch :/ wonder if thats got anything to do with it?

Well thought we played ok - not brilliantly but ok - it was enough to win (thankfully they didn't equalise) but my pont is FFS are you really reading a report by a selfish non-team player like Babel.  He probably doesn't even try to integrate.  Complains when he's not selected to play then screws up EVERY opportunity he has.  He's not a barometer of the Team spirit I'm convinced of it!
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #121: Nov 24, 2009 10:49:28 pm
      So......
      Rafa's gonna be fired,
      We're out of the Champions league so life is over,
      We're have a sh*t squad,
      Loads of debt,
      2 muppets in charge
      Gonna be relegated this season.

People are all talking sh*te like that.

I'm sick of all the doom and gloom.
      I feel that tonight we have hit a turning point. Being out of the Champions league this early may actually be a blessing. We can now focus on getting back into the top 4 in the league. Lets go ahead and enjoy the Europa league.
      Every team encounters times like this. We'll come back even stronger.

I actually think we played very well as a unit tonight. Our passing was alot better than in recent matches, especially our 1 touch football. We created lots of chances but just lacked the finish.
      Keep the heads high lads!!

Absolutely, we have to push on now and not feel sorry for ourselves. But reality is shown in the EPL table. Although I think we will make the top 4, it has to be noted that we are 13 points from Chelsea AND 13 points from Portsmouth.

We NEED this game with Everton like a whole in the head. there is now more than the one reason to beat the toffs !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #122: Nov 24, 2009 10:49:30 pm
      F**k me there is a lot of optimism, I just saw us produce 90 minutes of awful football and we were lucky to beat a second rate European side and people on here are delighted with the win.

The football that we have produced in the last 10 games has being awful. I look at our squad and I think we need serious investment something which is not going to happen and with the lack of Champions league this season I would nt be surprised of players leaving without suitable replacements got.

I think us going out could prove catasphoric to the club with the current financial situation but keep up the optimism because the realism is a whole lot worse at the moment.

We look beyond a tournament, sunshine.

So what? We're out. It's done. We're not crying for ourselves thinking 'Why oh why did this happen to us?'

Move on, we still have a European trophy to win.

FFS, we're Liverpool. What's to cry about?!
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #123: Nov 24, 2009 10:51:42 pm
      Post match interview with Stevie. He said that he wants to play in the CL. Cause for concern do you think?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #124: Nov 24, 2009 10:52:01 pm
      What did I say YNWA that your saying is not true by the way thanks for the negative. And the whole reason our performances are not acceptable is because we are Liverpool.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #125: Nov 24, 2009 10:52:16 pm
      its awful
      I keep forgetting we actually won tonight, but maybe its because we played crap yet again and didnt deserve it

Thought for a minute you were on the wrong thread there mate!!How can you say we were "crap" and did'nt "deserve" to win.We WON we DESERVED to WIN and like most I thought we played well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #126: Nov 24, 2009 10:53:23 pm
      Post match interview with Stevie. He said that he wants to play in the CL. Cause for concern do you think?

No
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #127: Nov 24, 2009 10:55:38 pm
      They were sh*te Ive seen league of Ireland teams as good as them but yet we struggled to see them off in fact in the last 10 mins they could have gne on to claim a point. Only thing to be happy about tonight is we finally won. Didn't set the world alight doing it

What was the point in giving Aqualaini 1 minute playing time? He needs match time but 1 minute is not going to do anything for him surely?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #128: Nov 24, 2009 10:56:32 pm
      We'll see. I hope not, but Steven Gerrard desreves to be successful. yep, he has a few medals, CL, LC, FAC etc, but he wshould be winning trophies.
      He may decide time is running out.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #129: Nov 24, 2009 10:56:57 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Clever how you left out what was said afterwards.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #130: Nov 24, 2009 10:58:05 pm

FFS, we all feel like sh*t at the moment, why do you continually have to keep digging that knife in just that bit deeper every F***ing post?

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #131: Nov 24, 2009 10:58:23 pm
      What did I say YNWA that your saying is not true by the way thanks for the negative. And the whole reason our performances are not acceptable is because we are Liverpool.

Who was that directed at?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #132: Nov 24, 2009 10:58:40 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Clever how you left out what was said afterwards.
      We'll see.
      willkopite
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #133: Nov 24, 2009 10:59:34 pm
      On the  match... can anybody explain to me the ludicrous substitutions. Removing the only forward, taking off Gerrard and sending on Aquilani for 28 seconds
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #134: Nov 24, 2009 11:01:19 pm
      On the  match... can anybody explain to me the ludicrous substitutions. Removing the only forward, taking off Gerrard and sending on Aquilani for 28 seconds

Can't explain that but i have a theory for the Dossena move.

He put him on in order to cup tie him because the interest in him in January is going to be through the roof! ;)
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #135: Nov 24, 2009 11:01:52 pm
      On the  match... can anybody explain to me the ludicrous substitutions. Removing the only forward, taking off Gerrard and sending on Aquilani for 28 seconds
      I think it's inexplicable ! Only Rafa knows or does he. Sammy Lee must be sitting there thinking wtf.

I just think he has run out of ideas. His post match interviews are laughable.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #136: Nov 24, 2009 11:02:06 pm
      We'll see. I hope not, but Steven Gerrard desreves to be successful. yep, he has a few medals, CL, LC, FAC etc, but he wshould be winning trophies.
      He may decide time is running out.

We've been here before TWICE! After not signing for them cockney tw*ts he got some sh*t from a lot of the arl-arse fans he won't want that again

He moaned about not wanting to be in the Uefa Cup back in 2004/2005, heard it all before, just hot air and answering the w**ker of a sky reporter's question.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #137: Nov 24, 2009 11:02:21 pm

Yawn.

I just think he has run out of ideas. His post match interviews are laughable.

He's got a high opinion of your posts.

Quick Reply