Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings

Read 21016 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fiorentina
      Reply #46: Dec 09, 2009 09:46:46 pm
      Defensive error that cost us the game, oh well I'm not buying that. They threatened Cavalieri with some good shots and we've been on the back foot for most of the game.

They had one or two dangerous shots from long distance. You could compare that to our three or four "nearly" headers that were inches from being banged in.

We can't even string 10 passes together

I thought some of our link up play was better. Whilst it wasn't constant, Gerrard and Aquilani, then Gerrard and Torres were switching passes well. Pacheco added to this later on.

Hardly news, that.

Don't blame the goal at the last moment, that's still an error and for me, we've been on the backfoot for the whole game and probably deserved this result.

I will blame the error, because they wouldn't have scored without it. We were pressing more than them in the second half, I honestly thought we would sneak the winner, not them.

I'm just glad the Champions League is over. It's been a nightmare from start to finish.

Amen.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Dec 09, 2009 09:46:51 pm
      Now I can hear Souness' twatish voice coming from downstairs.

Shut up you goon.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Dec 09, 2009 09:47:13 pm
      Slight silver linin....Lyon didn do us the favour wen we really needed it so it was payback!! plus alot of possitives around the park... dani and Aquilani were lethal!

AQUILANI!

He isn't swimming around in water, he doesn't have flippers for feet, he isn't web toed!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #49: Dec 09, 2009 09:47:43 pm
      AQUILANI!

.....he isn't web toed!
      Rash assumption :p
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #50: Dec 09, 2009 09:48:10 pm
      Was very good tonight. Not just crosses. He chased everything down, was quality on the ball and defending, also those crosses were boss too. Good stuff Doss
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #51: Dec 09, 2009 09:48:19 pm
      Got to disagree of us looking better than of late. It's been the same old thing I've been seeing week in week out.

Defensive error that cost us the game, oh well I'm not buying that. They threatened Cavalieri with some good shots and we've been on the back foot for most of the game. There's no teeth in the attack, no determination, no penetration, we just seem satisfied with just throwing the ball up.

We can't even string 10 passes together, and we're low on creativity atm, the most of the spark coming from Gerrard's freekicks, which for me just summed up our performance.

Don't blame the goal at the last moment, that's still an error and for me, we've been on the backfoot for the whole game and probably deserved this result.

I'm just glad the Champions League is over. It's been a nightmare from start to finish.

Can't even pick this post apart as it's all rubbish to be honest.

This game we DID look better. A defensive error DID cost us the game because Darby lost possession.

We were on the front-foot for most of the game, because we were on the attack more and had MORE possession than Fiorentina. As for not being able to string 10 passes together? Please RoF, try watching the game again.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #52: Dec 09, 2009 09:48:39 pm
      A total bloody CL shambles !! No more too be said. Lets Hope its a painful lesson for Rafa that his judgement was poor. Not going to kick him when he is down. Enuf said lads !!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #53: Dec 09, 2009 09:48:52 pm
      Only saw the second half due to work,and from what I saw I thought we have improved a great deal, and It's nice to see players come back from injury. So let's look forward to the weekend.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Dec 09, 2009 09:49:03 pm
      Another defeat I'm getting used to the feeling now. In fairness Fiorentina probably deserved it they were the more dangerous side. It really has been an awful season. There was positives and negatives.

I'll deal with what I think are the positives  are first
       - Torres return he looked sharp, Gerrard is getting back to his best, Masch was tenacious, Aquilani first game, he is not fit but he had some nice touches and he managed to pass the ball forward, Pachero looked impressive and Caliveiri had a good game.

The negatives
      Dirk Kuyt he was simply awful again what does he have to do to be dropped, he is a complete Liability at the moment. He is offering the team absolutely nothing. Insua, I'm sorry but this lad is not the answer at left back. He is a weakness every week at left back and teams are targeting him. Dossena was decent tonight but we really need a left midfielder. Agger and Skretel didn't work tonight.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Dec 09, 2009 09:49:42 pm
      I honestly think on the back of tonights performance Doss deserves some time out on the left wing, I think he offered more from there tonight than Riera and Babel have all season and deserves to keep his place on merit. Doss for the left drop Kuyt to the bench and play Yossi on the right against Arsenal.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #56: Dec 09, 2009 09:50:24 pm
      Had a good game, was good on the ball, rarely lost possession, and won corners from nothing-balls.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #57: Dec 09, 2009 09:50:43 pm
      I honestly think on the back of tonights performance Doss deserves some time out on the left wing, I think he offered more from there tonight than Riera and Babel have all season and deserves to keep his place on merit. Doss for the left drop Kuyt to the bench and play Yossi on the right against Arsenal.
      Just saw the end game stats, dossena did the most running out of everybody. Kudos to him.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #58: Dec 09, 2009 09:51:13 pm
      I have to say I thought Dossena was our motm, worked really hard and put in a good performance. Must be the new Billy Ray mullet. I've always liked him. I'd take him over Ryan "I'm such a lazy tw*t" Babel anyways.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Dec 09, 2009 09:51:40 pm

The natural width of Dossena, with the drifting movement of Benny. Potentially effective.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #60: Dec 09, 2009 09:51:44 pm
      One of our best players today. Had a decent game. Keep it up Andrea.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Dec 09, 2009 09:51:52 pm

Ha very good Boots off AQUILANI
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 928 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Dec 09, 2009 09:52:17 pm
      Thought Doss did ok looks like he has lost som weight
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #63: Dec 09, 2009 09:52:17 pm
      Just saw the end game stats, dossena did the most running out of everybody. Kudos to him.

We worked his arse off and credit where its due he will win a few people round if he puts in performances like that! Played some decent passes too!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #64: Dec 09, 2009 09:52:29 pm
      natural width of Dossena

You taking the piss? :P
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #65: Dec 09, 2009 09:52:34 pm
      Was very impressed with his attitude today, he tried to get to every a ball and put n a couple of decent crosses from nothing.

Well played lad.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Dec 09, 2009 09:52:45 pm
      Had a good game tonight on the wing. If he keep this up and bring few goals. We could use him.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #67: Dec 09, 2009 09:53:17 pm
      Got to disagree of us looking better than of late. It's been the same old thing I've been seeing week in week out.

Defensive error that cost us the game, oh well I'm not buying that. They threatened Cavalieri with some good shots and we've been on the back foot for most of the game. There's no teeth in the attack, no determination, no penetration, we just seem satisfied with just throwing the ball up.

We can't even string 10 passes together, and we're low on creativity atm, the most of the spark coming from Gerrard's freekicks, which for me just summed up our performance.

I with you on this ROF, passing is dire, no spark, no creativity etc Improved in the second half but still so so poor.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #68: Dec 09, 2009 09:53:20 pm

Made me snigger as well! :D

Quick Reply