Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

What is Warnocks Problem with Liverpool?

Read 5403 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      What is Warnocks Problem with Liverpool?
      May 12, 2007 12:19:32 pm
      Warnock must be a closet Manc or Blue nose because i have yet to hear a manager of another team be so obsessed with us, he first accused the raving maniac that is Stephane Henchoz of spitting at his players after a league cup semi a case that went nowhere and fizzled out and ever since that game he seems to want to have a dig at us at every opportunity.
      Goals we shouldn't have, penalties that never where he just goes on and on, his latest one today can be read below and i just cant figure out what he thinks we owe him.
      Most of his problem seems to be around us fielding a weakened team for our 37th league game against Fulham last week now I'm sorry Neil but if your club is in the s*it after 37 league games that is probably down to your management and not a team who are preparing for a Champions league final, i have had bad times in Sheffield and some great ones as i lived there for a year or so but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Sheff U relegated yes i would feel sorry for the fans but i would be happy in the knowledge that we wouldn't have to hear from Warnock again, he can moan at Preston instead.

FERGIE WON'T LET ME DOWN
      Warnock: United will do honourable thing..unlike Rafa
      By David Anderson 12/05/2007
      NEIL WARNOCK last night slammed Rafael Benitez, claiming Sir Alex Ferguson won't let him down like the Liverpool boss did.

The Sheffield United manager heads into tomorrow's £50million relegation showdown with Wigan still angry over how Benitez let Fulham off the hook by fielding a weakened side last weekend.

Drop rivals West Ham face champions Manchester United at Old Trafford and Warnock is confident Ferguson will put out his best team, even though the Reds play Chelsea in the FA Cup Final next Saturday.

Advertisement"I'm sure Sir Alex will field his strongest side," said Warnock. "There's bound to be one or two of the top players off because of what's at stake the following weekend. But we're not talking about Liverpool here, we're talking about Manchester United.

"If it were Liverpool, I'd know we definitely had to win. No doubt he (Benitez) will put out his strongest team against Charlton now they are relegated." Fulham took advantage to beat the Champions League finalists a week ago and leave the last relegation place a three-way fight between Sheffield United, Wigan and West Ham.

A win would guarantee safety for the Blades while if Wigan win at Bramall Lane and West Ham lose the Hammers would go down - and that has led to conspiracy theories among their fans. But Warnock said: "We'll leave all that stuff to the KGB. We're going out to win the game and can't change our approach part the way through the game. Our players will go out and try to win."

Ferguson is ready to leave Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: What is Warnocks Problem with Liverpool?
      Reply #1: May 12, 2007 12:23:57 pm
      never liked Warnock, it up to Benitez what team he plays, warnock would of done the same if he had a champions league final to play, but sheffield would never get to a champions league spot.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #2: May 12, 2007 12:44:20 pm
      i have never like him either
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #3: May 12, 2007 01:14:24 pm
      Cant stand Warnock, never have he's a mark one tosser!!!!!!!!

Hope Wigan stuff them today, and he goes back where he belongs.......the lower divisions
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2007 03:22:35 pm
      FCUK OFF Warnock come on Wigan.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      Reply #5: May 12, 2007 03:52:49 pm
      to words 4 warnock GOIN DWN!!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #6: May 12, 2007 04:43:13 pm
      I like warnock, i think he is funny, some of the things that come out of his gob makes me laugh.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: May 12, 2007 04:44:38 pm
      Maybe his problem with Liverpool could stem back to when he was younger? I don't know. But that semi final has almost certainly left a bitter taste in his mouth which will probably stay with him forever.
      He must have really had his hopes up with them beating us in the first leg 2-1. And they pretty much pushed us at Anfield - but they still went out.... I think he was trying all the tricks in the book, on the touchline at the time, to put our players off. But he really lost his rag at the end with Henchoz spitting on the floor. The pressure got to him really really bad. Bad loser. I remember after that game, he was on his mobile by the dug out. I can only presume he was crying and moaning to his wife saying "I f*****g hate these scousers!"
      And it just goes to show, once again the pressure is on and he's having a dig at us for their possible relagation? It just makes me laugh.
      It'll be tough on their fans if they go down and I'll have a bit of sympathy for them, because they do give their team a good bit of support.
      But out of the three possible teams to go down, I'll be hoping it's Sheffield Utd. They can come back up when their manager has learnt to be a good loser and not to start singling out other teams for their own demise!

Does anyone else think Warnock looks like a witch? ;)

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: May 12, 2007 06:39:47 pm
      Does anyone else think Warnock looks like a witch? ;)

Defo Kenny mate, i wish he would get on his broomstick and do one!

Wicked Witch of the West                                 Neil Warnock

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #9: May 12, 2007 07:36:39 pm
      Would love it if Sheffield United went down.  sh*t ground. Thugs of fans.

West Ham have some decent fans, and Wigan's not that far away...!
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #10: May 12, 2007 08:14:45 pm
      Another thing Witchy pooface forgets is that RAFA put out a side against Fulham, which he felt should have beaten Fulham without any trouble at all. :soccer_h4h:
      Cy
      Reply #11: May 12, 2007 08:31:31 pm
      You got it absolutely right when you are saying that if sheffield is where hey are now it's only because of their poor season so far and the manager is the one who have to take responsabilities for it. This idea that managers of clubs should do favors to other struggling clubs by playing a weak side is just pure rubbish. There is no things like weak side, a premiership squad is 22 lads or so, therefore any players playing in that squad is part of it fully.

Warnock is just try to blame his own failure on other clubs which show to me how a poor manager he is, Benitez are all the right to play any members of his squad at any game. If what warnock suggest is true why so many "small" clubs plays a supposedly weak side when they have no chances to win when they are playing united or arsenal or Liverpool away?

I still believe that west ham should go down because of the scandale concerning tevez, by the way who does own tevez now? we don't know, so if he sold in the summer who gets the money?

sheffield is going down and you can bet your shirt that fergusson will not play a full squad because of the FA cup final coming up, and he will be right doing so. Also, even with our suppose weak side we did give a good fight to fulham and should have won that game, but warnock probably didn't watch the same game then us.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2007 08:33:06 pm by Cy »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: May 12, 2007 09:41:32 pm
      I still believe that west ham should go down because of the scandale concerning tevez, by the way who does own tevez now? we don't know, so if he sold in the summer who gets the money?

Yeah good point Cy, I'd forgot about that.

Defo Kenny mate, I wish he would get on his broomstick and do one!

Wicked Witch of the West                                 Neil Warnock

His broomstick made a rare appearance at a game this season Glenbuck......just as he was casting a spell on the linesman  ;)

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #13: May 13, 2007 09:32:20 am
      Yeah good point Cy, I'd forgot about that.

His broomstick made a rare appearance at a game this season Glenbuck......just as he was casting a spell on the linesman  ;)

:lmao: Neil Warnock is a tosser, he is a sh*t manager and it is his fault that they are in this mess, whats the point of having 22 players in a squad if your not going to use them?? And the weakened sides we put out did have enough quality to beat them teams. He is a first class tosser who looks like a witch!
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2007 09:42:24 am by Liverbird »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: May 13, 2007 10:35:56 am

:lmao:
      What a mug, he is just like a moaning old Grandad!!

No offence to any Grandads on the forum of course   ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: May 13, 2007 10:41:36 am
      Come on Wigan !!  ;) ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: May 13, 2007 10:44:02 am
      I might be in a minority of 1 here, but I don't really have a problem with what he said, he's only looking out for his team, same as Rafa was looking out for ours when he rested a lot of players. Paul Jewell was actually the first one to complain about the team we put out against Fulham, but I don't see a thread about him anywhere.

As for Warnock being obsessed with us, is everyone sure we're not getting a bit obsessed with him here? We have a Champions League final coming up, God's saying farewell to Anfield today, there's a debate about Harry Kewell, and all but two members are in this topic?
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2007 10:46:34 am by EddieC »
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #17: May 13, 2007 11:46:22 am
      He is a hypocrite however, he rested players against Man Utd as he knew he wouldn't win, its called managing the priorities, he should keep his mouth shut, Sheff Utd for the drop.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      Reply #18: May 13, 2007 12:24:53 pm
      I couldn't give a crap what Warnock says....Rafa does what he wants , whenever he wants...it all about bringing No:6 back home...that's all that matters to us not the plight of a club who should be looking at what they've done wrong over the entire season...so Warnock piss off...GO YOU REDS :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #19: May 13, 2007 12:30:50 pm
      Good point EddieC. Maybe we should just ignore him.  Which hopefully we will be able to when he gets relegated today.

(Fingers crossed)
      jerseykopite
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #20: May 13, 2007 01:46:44 pm
      Warnock's a jealous tosser hope they go down com on wigan!
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #21: May 13, 2007 02:19:08 pm
      Personally i find him quite funny, even if he is a tit at times.  I hope they stay up in a way because at least they've got proper, dedicated football fans which i don't think you can say for Wigan.  No offence to their fans who do go to games but ten thousand fans at home against arsenal earlier in the season made my mind up.  Would much rather see sheffield utd and west ham in the league than wigan.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: May 13, 2007 02:25:46 pm
      I might be in a minority of 1 here, but I don't really have a problem with what he said, he's only looking out for his team, same as Rafa was looking out for ours when he rested a lot of players. Paul Jewell was actually the first one to complain about the team we put out against Fulham, but I don't see a thread about him anywhere.

As for Warnock being obsessed with us, is everyone sure we're not getting a bit obsessed with him here? We have a Champions League final coming up, God's saying farewell to Anfield today, there's a debate about Harry Kewell, and all but two members are in this topic?

The final is nearly two weeks away, the Fowler topic has nearly twice the amount of posts that this one has and i for one have said all i want to say about Harry Kewell.
      I started this topic after noticing various digs aimed at our club by a lower league manager and invited discussion on the subject,i for one do not have an obsession with Warnock in the same way i dont have one with Fergie or Maureen who have plenty more topics started on them than Warnock does on this forum.
      If you dont have a problem with him that's fine but please dont go on to tell us what topics we should be posting on instead.

Quick Reply