Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 35108 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #115: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:15 pm
      Am I the only one thinks Benayoun was sh*te today?
      I mean I love his dribbling and all, but he did that a bit in excess today. He kept dribbling even when he was supposed to have passed/ could have passed.
      According to me, he should be playing the ball in earlier, rather than continuing on dribbling.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #116: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:19 pm
      With a little help from the Ref, we just rolled over and died.

Depressing.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #117: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:26 pm
      Masch, Kuyt and Gerrard were our best players I thought.

Agree with Masch but Kuyt and Gerrard were sh*te yet again!  Don't know what game you were watching.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #118: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:54 pm

I honestly think Stevie needs to be put back into midfield and play the way he used to and the position in which he earned the right of top 3 midfielders in world.

Amen. None of this second striker bollocks when we need him in the centre. Get a striker to do the striking and let Gerrard create and score stormers from 20 yards out bursting from the middle.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #119: Dec 13, 2009 06:28:59 pm
      It makes it more depressing that our team has gone to sh*t when listening to Shankly's words of wisdom on Sky. We need another manager like him. There's no belief in the dressing room and that's completley down to Rafa and this is not Rafa bashing! For two long the players have gotten away with sub-par performances because the buck wasn't stopping with them because everytime we lost it was the fault of the owners. Its time to stop with the excuses and whilst I have great respect for Rafa, If he can't recapture the dressing room and re-motivate the players fast, then Im sorry but he needs to go.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #120: Dec 13, 2009 06:29:11 pm
      Jaysus Redknapp talking sense he is asking where the Keane money went and why Rafa wasn't allowed spend all the Xabi money.
      F***ing what??!  :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #121: Dec 13, 2009 06:29:25 pm
      Masch, Kuyt and Gerrard were our best players i thought. Benayoun was terrible. Quiet for most of the game, and when he did get the ball he just ran into players. The game should've been put to bed in the first half. Torres missed a sitter by his standards, and gerrard should've had a pen. Arshavin had 1 chance and scored. Dunno what happened second half. Everybody just looked completely out of it. Its weird what a 15 min break can do to you. Very dissappointed

Best at what exactly?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #122: Dec 13, 2009 06:30:22 pm
      Masch, Kuyt and Gerrard were our best players i thought.

Are we talking about the Arsenal game we've just played.

Masch I'll give you but Kuyt and Gerrard? Really?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #123: Dec 13, 2009 06:30:28 pm
      too disillusioned to even get into a discussion after that bullshit...let you lot get on with it. Going to bury my head in the sand and hope it was just a terrible nightmare.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #124: Dec 13, 2009 06:30:51 pm
      When the match finished I thought, I'm too depressed to go footy tonight.

Bollocks to that.

I'm gonna go and throw all my f**king passion in there. And yes I'm going to wear my Liverpool shirt with f**king pride.
      Nice one Ross.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #125: Dec 13, 2009 06:32:25 pm
      Now I have 2 confess, I have been backing Lucas no matter what he does, I was hoping he'll get better to prove his doubters wrong but I don't that ll happen, I have been supporting him because I believe in liverpool as a family so I don't like any of the players getting sticks... But Lucas is not the player who should be starting games for liverpool, he's just not liverpool standart.. Benitez for god shake, the fans shake and teams it's now time to put lucas on the bench, if it means taking gerrard back to midfield, no doubt he's been consistant but not liverpool stand at all... He reading of the game is very poor because of that he can't dictate games, he frustrate people like torres, steven and even mash on the pitch... What does rafa see in this kid?I can't support him no more, he won't get better, i can't see any progress in his game... He is just his da same self since he came, he cost us some games... Rafa wake up and know lucas is not good enough for liverpool... Something has to change rafa
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #126: Dec 13, 2009 06:32:35 pm
      Lets put things into perspective ladies & gentleman.

That was as close to what can be considered Rafa's strongest starting XI.

In the XI we fielded and substitutions we had Johnson, Aurelio, Agger, Benayoun, Aquilani, Gerrard, Torres all recently returned from injury and are lacking in match fitness/form/consistency.

We were facing Arsenal not Stoke City and we battered them first half.

We ran out of steam in the second half and lacked the spark we had in the first whether that be down to form/fitness or consistency maybe a combination of all 3 ?

We won the first half and Arsenal assisted by an own goal pretty much won the second.

But the signs were there in the first half of how good we can play, stick by the lads get behind them and keep showing our support as I've said the signs were there in the first half, so we are not a million miles away, we just need to have that little bit more patience and I'm 100% sure everything will start to fall into place granted we can keep the players fit.

I have to agree with everything you said BUT I still think we are lacking width. Maybe we should play Degen & Johnson?

It's true Kuyt worked amaizingly for us on the right last season but he clearly isn't anymore. Think that is our weakest spot, was pretty ashamed to see the way we were bombing balls towards the middle of the camp again and again.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #127: Dec 13, 2009 06:32:59 pm
      Sack    coach    immideately    if     we      are       to      improve     our         football....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #128: Dec 13, 2009 06:33:23 pm

No width, barely any creativity

Thats been our problem all season mate.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #129: Dec 13, 2009 06:33:30 pm
      Sack    coach    immideately    if     we      are       to      improve     our         football....

George Gillett needs to learn to type.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #130: Dec 13, 2009 06:33:51 pm
      Well masch and kuyt worked their arses off. Masch didn't allow them to play in the first half, and kuyt had some really good touches and link up play. Apart from all the diving I thought Gerrard played well. Everytime he got the ball it felt like something constructive was going to happen. He looked hungry today
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #131: Dec 13, 2009 06:33:56 pm

Yeah, well in Ross.

I think I'll be making a trip to the offy in a bit.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #132: Dec 13, 2009 06:33:59 pm
      Sack    coach    immideately    if     we      are       to      improve     our         football....
      Stop    ranting     about     Rafa. ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #133: Dec 13, 2009 06:34:16 pm
      Yeah, well in Ross.

I think I'll be making a trip to the offy in a bit.

Tempted myself.
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #134: Dec 13, 2009 06:34:26 pm
      Oh Jeez, I'm getting sick of this now... After such high expectations from last season, this is a crushing low.

Today we had a great first half, Gerrard should have had a penalty and Torres had more time then he thought after creating a great chance with Gerrard, could have been 3-0 on them chances alone, including the goal.

Gerrard was poor today, he was wasting passes and playing with too much passion, he's hard to fault but today he wasn't his normal self. Thats been Gerrard most of this season, he's a little off so I'd prefer him not got to the papers and media speaking about how bad we have been and he wants trophies, time to knuckle down and stop talking. I have a bad feelin he'll want out soon.

Feel sorry for Aquilani, people expected him to save the day today.... He's got so much expectation its gonna be tough for him.

Second half we looked nervous, and thats how it is these days, we are bricking it... Two defensive mistakes cost us this game and lets face it, this has been the story of our season, we are GIFTING goals away from us, its sad to see.

What do we do? Get Rafa out? Who's gonna replace him? no one. I'm more worried about the owners. Tottenham are starting work on a new stadium and are spelling millions, as are Man City, soon if we don't get some real backing, we are going to fall behind. Its so sad because we are one of the biggest teams in the world, looking at our transfer window stories is depressing.

Guess all we can do is ride out this storm, but I'm really worried about days ahead for Liverpool.

But I'm going to be behind them no matter what.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #135: Dec 13, 2009 06:35:28 pm
      Now I have 2 confess, I have been backing Lucas no matter what he does, I was hoping he'll get better to prove his doubters wrong but I don't that ll happen, I have been supporting him because I believe in liverpool as a family so I don't like any of the players getting sticks... But Lucas is not the player who should be starting games for liverpool, he's just not liverpool standart.. Benitez for god shake, the fans shake and teams it's now time to put lucas on the bench, if it means taking gerrard back to midfield, no doubt he's been consistant but not liverpool stand at all... He reading of the game is very poor because of that he can't dictate games, he frustrate people like torres, steven and even mash on the pitch... What does rafa see in this kid?I can't support him no more, he won't get better, I can't see any progress in his game... He is just his da same self since he came, he cost us some games... Rafa wake up and know lucas is not good enough for liverpool... Something has to change rafa

What the hell? I thought Lucas was one of our better players today.

Sack    coach    immideately    if     we      are       to      improve     our         football....

And who would you bring in to replace him? How would a new coach improve football? What about the 5 year contract Rafa has signed?

Why are you never on here when we win? Pillock.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #136: Dec 13, 2009 06:35:33 pm

Totally agree.

Get Souness in.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #137: Dec 13, 2009 06:35:39 pm
      the buck always stops with the manager. Where was the fight? passion?
      He's lost the dressing room.

Rfa bashing!! yeah right.
      I think you'll find that its more because of lack of confidence due to bad run of results. Lack of fight and passion seem to be a result of that ssame lack of confidence.

Quick Reply