Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Would Kenny Dalglish Be A Credible Manager For Liverpool If Rafa Left?

Read 5516 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: Would Kenny Dalglish Be A Credible Manager For Liverpool If Rafa Left?
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2009 11:38:26 am
      Not a hope in hell-I will remember the day he resigned as manager of LFC to my dying day.
      It has never been fully explained exactly what went on behind closed doors to provoke his resignation but the sight of Kenny close to tears trying to find some words to somehow explain his decision was heartbreaking.
      There was talk of him being forced to resign and of there being a boardroom split but whatever, Kenny was convinced in his profound honesty that he had failed his beloved LFC. The mans humility dictates that he would never don the mantle again - a fact he has previously stated.
      Talk of him displacing Rafa is mischievously cynical and is an ingredient of the campaign by the "Rafa Out" society.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 12:22:19 pm by stuey »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2009 12:15:05 pm
      The only reason this thread hasn't been locked is because it is proving useful as a bullshit-o-meter.

Nicely exposing individuals with a complete lack of footballing knowledge.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Dec 21, 2009 12:17:26 pm
      The simple answer is no, while Kenny is a Liverpool legend he has being out of football nearly 10 years and if people remember he had a disaster at Newcastle in his last job and was eventually sacked. Football has moved on in the last 10 years.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2009 12:21:07 pm
      What a sh*te and utter knee-jerk topic to create.

artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2009 12:24:03 pm
      'King Kenny' should not be pushed into the position of having to decide, i use as my prime example 'Alan Shearer' being a legend does not give you super human powers in club management and does not help to keep your team away from the slippy slope to relegation, it's the players who relegate a club, not the Manager, but if his tactics and team selections are not right then i suppose the players react in a negative way and down you slide until you reach the point of no return.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2009 02:26:59 pm
      I think the idea will be welcomed based on his achievements at and with the club. Folks and Fans will expect him to pick up from where he left off. Good motivation for players too.

Seriously, I don't think so. King Kenny comes from an era where integrity came before the wallet; things don changed....

Good question though.

Quick Reply