Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

OMG !! Look where next years final is!

Read 8390 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: OMG !! Look where next years final is!
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2008 11:48:33 am
      Nice one Don ;)  Hope your lad enjoyed it, good one for bringing him up a RED ;D

Cheers luv.

Totally brainwashed the poor boy (9 next week) - he has a bedroom that is a museum to LFC... to be honest it's pretty hard for him supporting Liverpool in a city with two massive clubs like Real and Atletico... but night's like last night probably make it easier in the playground the next day (particularly after Roma stuffed Real).

Should post a pic of him in his home shirt ..it's got "MADRID RED" on the back ...and of course... the number "9".

They are showing the Boro game on live on spanish terrestrial on Saturday afternoon, so will be taking him to the Branch with the lads!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2008 11:55:41 am
      Cheers luv.

Totally brainwashed the poor boy (9 next week) - he has a bedroom that is a museum to LFC... to be honest it's pretty hard for him supporting Liverpool in a city with two massive clubs like Real and Atletico... but night's like last night probably make it easier in the playground the next day (particularly after Roma stuffed Real).

Should post a pic of him in his home shirt ..it's got "MADRID RED" on the back ...and of course... the number "9".

They are showing the Boro game on live on spanish terrestrial on Saturday afternoon, so will be taking him to the Branch with the lads!

Well I bet he's gone to school today proud as punch, post us a picture on Saturday whilst you're all at the branch celebrating yet another win ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2008 12:00:33 pm
      Well I bet he's gone to school today proud as punch, post us a picture on Saturday whilst you're all at the branch celebrating yet another win ;)

Here is our blog and temp website... mostly in Spanish but you get the red-love-feeling no doubt...

http://liverpool-madrid.blogspot.com

http://lfcmadrid.zoomshare.com
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2008 12:03:09 pm
      Here is our blog and temp website... mostly in Spanish but you get the red-love-feeling no doubt...

http://liverpool-madrid.blogspot.com

http://lfcmadrid.zoomshare.com

Good one Don, are you English living in Spain or are you Spanish with excellent English?  ::)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2008 12:11:48 pm
      Good one Don, are you English living in Spain or are you Spanish with excellent English?  ::)

Bit of both... Spanish parentage, born/grew up in UK, been living here for 15 years now
      ...you can change your country, your house, your job...even the Mrs (not that I did!)... but you can NEVER change your footy team! (no matter how big the local pub teams are!!!)

Still get over to Liverpool for a few games every season ...but most if not all Liverpool games are televised here since Rafa & Co moved-in (also got Sky/Sentana/LFCtv at home, complete LFC-footy-geek!) ...best way to see how most of the Spanish national squad is doing I suppose.

MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2008 12:14:35 pm
      Bit of both... Spanish parentage, born/grew up in UK, been living here for 15 years now
      ...you can change your country, your house, your job...even the Mrs (not that I did!)... but you can NEVER change your footy team! (no matter how big the local pub teams are!!!)

Still get over to Liverpool for a few games every season ...but most if not all Liverpool games are televised here since Rafa & Co moved-in (also got Sky/Sentana/LFCtv at home, complete LFC-footy-geek!) ...best way to see how most of the Spanish national squad is doing I suppose.

Excellent....so whereabouts in the UK are you from?

See you at the final in Moscow then ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2008 12:19:58 pm
      Excellent....so whereabouts in the UK are you from?

See you at the final in Moscow then ;D

MsG... pm instead if you like, I've already been accused of clogging up threads today. ;O)
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 21, 2008 10:57:14 pm
      I would love to see the Reds play live!! It would even be better if it'd be in Moscow. I think we will make it.

But it's a long 20hrs flight.... I haven't even yet considered the ticket problem!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #31: Feb 22, 2008 10:28:51 am
      Ticket details for Champions League final revealed

MOSCOW: Moscow unveiled ticket details for the Champions League final on Thursday, three months before the city hosts the climax of Europe's premier club competition for the first time on May 21.

Moscow organisers said the total capacity of the 84,745-seat Luzhniki stadium would be reduced to 69,500 due to safety restrictions.

The two finalists will receive 21,000 tickets each, another 17,000 will be reserved for UEFA's official partners, VIP guests and national associations, with the rest being made available to fans worldwide. Fans can start ordering tickets through the internet next Thursday.

The prices range from the most expensive Category One at 200 euros (151 pounds) to Category Three at 80 euros.

Link

God they learn lessons at UEFA dont they? after the debacle in Athens in May they have decided to turn this years final into a money grabbing free for all....... 21,000 tickets are they insane? ???

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #32: Feb 22, 2008 12:51:06 pm
      Was it 17,000 we got last year?

I think the minimum requirement for a stadium for the final should be that it can hold at least 80,000 people, after any 'safety restrictions' have been put in place. At least 30,000 should be issued to each team in the final, still leaving plenty for the corporate leeches but giving each team a reasonable allocation.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2008 01:17:00 pm
      Money grabbing tw*ts.

There are going to be a lot of annoyed fans if we get the the final again & they don't get a ticket because of UEFA handing out 17,000 to their partners, 'VIP's'.

I've got a feeling I'm going to be one of the dissapointed fans :(

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2008 01:41:16 pm
      Already planned my route even before the season kicked off.

There's optimism for you!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2008 06:17:21 pm
      It's obscene that UEFA keep such a large amount to themselves, 17,000 tickets, it's an insult to true football supporters who pay their hard earned cash all season to follow their team and then when they reach a final, the true fans can't get tickets.

Some lazy fat snobs who know F**k all about football get the cream of the tickets.......god it annoys me :f_steam:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #36: Feb 22, 2008 06:23:22 pm
      It's obscene that UEFA keep such a large amount to themselves, 17,000 tickets, it's an insult to true football supporters who pay their hard earned cash all season to follow their team and then when they reach a final, the true fans can't get tickets.

Some lazy fat snobs who know F**k all about football get the cream of the tickets.......god it annoys me :f_steam:

Quite a few tickets are being sold to the locals... so expect a healthy black market for tickets way before the game.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: Feb 22, 2008 06:50:52 pm
      Quite a few tickets are being sold to the locals... so expect a healthy black market for tickets way before the game.

So a pair of Levis and a Bros LP may come in handy when bartering for tickets in Red Square?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #38: Feb 22, 2008 07:18:17 pm
      Ticket details for Champions League final revealed

MOSCOW: Moscow unveiled ticket details for the Champions League final on Thursday, three months before the city hosts the climax of Europe's premier club competition for the first time on May 21.

Moscow organisers said the total capacity of the 84,745-seat Luzhniki stadium would be reduced to 69,500 due to safety restrictions.

The two finalists will receive 21,000 tickets each, another 17,000 will be reserved for UEFA's official partners, VIP guests and national associations, with the rest being made available to fans worldwide. Fans can start ordering tickets through the internet next Thursday.

The prices range from the most expensive Category One at 200 euros (151 pounds) to Category Three at 80 euros.

Link

God they learn lessons at UEFA dont they? after the debacle in Athens in May they have decided to turn this years final into a money grabbing free for all....... 21,000 tickets are they insane? ???

Hi Glenbuck just read this message of yours firstly why the reduction on "safety" grounds, when was the last major trouble at a champions league final ?  and secondly  surely the cost of the extra income from a "full house" could be used for extra policing !
      we'd fill the bloody stadium with our fans let alone anybody else going ! ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #39: Feb 22, 2008 07:19:42 pm
      So a pair of Levis and a Bros LP may come in handy when bartering for tickets in Red Square?

Just a cheap bottle of meths should do the trick...

Bros LP - jeez there's a blast from the when will I be famous past...
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #40: Feb 22, 2008 07:42:50 pm
      Hi Glenbuck just read this message of yours firstly why the reduction on "safety" grounds, when was the last major trouble at a champions league final ?  and secondly  surely the cost of the extra income from a "full house" could be used for extra policing !
      we'd fill the bloody stadium with our fans let alone anybody else going ! ;D

Firstly there is the seggregation of the fans from each other and also the UEFA chiefs and all.
      Secondly, is for advertising !!
      It's a huge amount of money to advertise at the event and also sponsor this Competition.
      So, where money is lost from supporter income, more is made from advertising in there space.

Unfortunately UEFA will NEVER put the honest fan first.
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 25, 2008 05:19:13 pm
      Firstly there is the seggregation of the fans from each other and also the UEFA chiefs and all.
      Secondly, is for advertising !!
      It's a huge amount of money to advertise at the event and also sponsor this Competition.
      So, where money is lost from supporter income, more is made from advertising in there space.

Unfortunately UEFA will NEVER put the honest fan first.

DUnno if its gonna make u feel any much better but overseas Reds fans probably do not even have an outside chance. But our hearts are always with the team despite that.

YNWA!

Quick Reply