Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Santa Cruz has a pop at Rafa.

Read 3573 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Santa Cruz has a pop at Rafa.
      Dec 23, 2009 02:40:33 pm
      Santa Cruz hits out at Rafa

Man City striker cannot understand Liverpool boss' 'guarantee'

Roque Santa Cruz has told Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez not to make promises he cannot keep.

Benitez stated last week that he could 'guarantee' Liverpool would finish in the top four of the Premier League this season.

The Reds are currently eighth after a disappointing start and must improve considerably over the second half of the campaign to ensure UEFA Champions League qualification.

Manchester City striker Santa Cruz does not believe it was wise of Benitez to come out with such a bold statement.

"I don't think you can guarantee anything," the Paraguay international said in the Daily Express.

"It is hard to guarantee things, especially when things are not going in the right direction, like for Liverpool.

"Things are not going the way they would want them to and to guarantee things in that situation is hard."

This coming from a guy who plays for a team that has owners who think they will win everything straight away.

"It is hard to guarantee things, especially when things are not going in the right direction, like for Liverpool

I don't think he is in any position to say this, hundreds of millions spent in 2 years and they have just sacked their manager and went 7 games without a win. Unless sacking your manager because he has spent more than anyone but yet still can't get to the top is moving in the right direction?

Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Santa Cruz has a pop at Rafa.
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2009 03:06:23 pm
      Who is he to have a go at Rafa?

He should just concentrate on his own poxy, little club.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2009 03:12:57 pm
      Who gives a F**k what Santa sh*t has to say?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2009 03:13:07 pm
      Weren't we in talks with him on the hush hush in the summer?

Probably spat his dummy out.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2009 03:13:12 pm
      To be honest, I think he's right. In football you can never guarantee anything, and you certainly shouldn't do it publicly. I'm confident Rafa will get us fourth spot but I don't understand why he came out and said that when there is three other teams that look like they could actually break the Top 4. In my opinion it was a bad decision to come out and say that, there was absolutely no need to.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Dec 23, 2009 03:14:09 pm
      mmmmmm Rafa should take all insults as compliments when F***ing idiots talk..!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2009 03:28:55 pm
      mmmmmm Rafa should take all insults as compliments when F***ing idiots talk..!

I hope you're referring to Santa Cruz and not my comment. If you are referring to mine, why don't you discuss why you think guaranteeing fourth spot publicly was a good decision instead of calling people "F***ing idiots".
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #7: Dec 23, 2009 03:40:29 pm
      F**k off back to the bench Cruz.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2009 03:44:39 pm
      I hope you're referring to Santa Cruz and not my comment. If you are referring to mine, why don't you discuss why you think guaranteeing fourth spot publicly was a good decision instead of calling people "f**king idiots".
      No im talking about Santa Cruz because thats what it says the thread is about .......If i was talking to you i would have quoted what you had said .Come on get with it you should know how this site works by now!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2009 03:47:30 pm
      Shouldn't Santa Cruz be more interested in what his own team are doing? Man city are not destroying the opposition as they thought they were expected to given their financial backing,Rafa has enough people having a go without this
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2009 03:55:14 pm
      Santa Clause would be more credible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Dec 23, 2009 04:00:55 pm
      Rocky Santa who ?, last time I heard he was playing for the second best side in Manchester.

Obviously FC United of Manchester being 1st   :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #12: Dec 23, 2009 04:18:37 pm
      The point being, to guarantee 4th spot this season, with everything going the way it has, and competiton from rivals that have seemingly vastly improved, is a RIDICULOUS thing to do. I would love to see Liverpool in the top 4 (even though settling for a mere 4th place is a joke itself). But with the injury crisis continuing, the player morale low, and decisions going the wrong way, as well as Spurs, Villa, and Man City offering increased competition, I realistically find it hard to believe.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #13: Dec 23, 2009 04:22:46 pm
      The point being, to guarantee 4th spot this season, with everything going the way it has, and competiton from rivals that have seemingly vastly improved, is a RIDICULOUS thing to do. I would love to see Liverpool in the top 4 (even though settling for a mere 4th place is a joke itself). But with the injury crisis continuing, the player morale low, and decisions going the wrong way, as well as Spurs, Villa, and Man City offering increased competition, I realistically find it hard to believe.

Some fan you are NOMarkMitt.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #14: Dec 23, 2009 04:24:51 pm
      The point being, to guarantee 4Th spot this season, with everything going the way it has, and competition from rivals that have seemingly vastly improved, is a RIDICULOUS thing to do. I would love to see Liverpool in the top 4 (even though settling for a mere 4Th place is a joke itself). But with the injury crisis continuing, the player morale low, and decisions going the wrong way, as well as Spurs, Villa, and Man City offering increased competition, I realistically find it hard to believe.

You trying to make enemies?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #15: Dec 23, 2009 04:27:16 pm
      All those splinters have left a bitter taste in his arse  which he is talking out of here.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2009 04:31:33 pm

Because Rafa didn't give him this he thought he would slag him........
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2009 04:38:41 pm
      He does look good in red though....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2009 05:33:40 pm
      The point being, to guarantee 4th spot this season, with everything going the way it has, and competiton from rivals that have seemingly vastly improved, is a RIDICULOUS thing to do.

Its hardly going to instill confidence and belief if he was to come out say I'm not arsed I'll settle for Europa League or Mid Table is it ?, that kind of complacency could reflect on players attitudes.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2009 06:17:00 pm
      He should focus on making his place in City's starting XI a guarantee before shouting his mouth of about Rafa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2009 06:20:31 pm
      Clown he will play another few games for City before he is surplus to requirements and flogged off I'd be shocked if he is still there next season.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2009 06:53:08 pm
      Who actually gives a F**k what he says? He should concentrate on getting into the first XI at Citeh rather than talking about topics that do not relate to him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2009 06:57:55 pm
      Surely this tit should be busy sorting presents out this time of year? :)

Last time I looked mate you were on the bench. All the millions in the world won't guarantee you success either. Especially if you f*ck the manager off every time it looks a bit lairy.

sh*t player, small club. Regardless of their new owners.

Quick Reply