Trending Topics

Liverpool spoke to Roberto Mancini about replacing Rafa Benitez: Gary Cook

Read 5784 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Liverpool spoke to Roberto Mancini about replacing Rafa Benitez: Gary Cook
      Dec 24, 2009 04:15:19 am
      Liverpool spoke to Roberto Mancini about replacing Rafa Benitez, claims Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook

Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook claimed the approach to Roberto Mancini weeks before they sacked Mark Hughes wasn't unusual, and said Liverpool had also 'sounded out' the Italian about succeeding Rafa Benitez.
      Cook came under fire this week after it was revealed that club owner Sheik Mansour had first met Mancini in early December to discuss the Italian's availability should the manager's job at Eastlands become vacant.
      Despite claiming they had not decided to part company with Hughes at that point, Cook insists the club were simply following the normal process used by Premier League clubs.

He even went one step further by suggesting that Liverpool, whose co-owner Tom Hicks talked to former Germany boss Jürgen Klinsmann in November 2007 about taking over at Anfield, also met former Inter Milan coach Mancini in the past.
      'It is naive to think that clubs are not looking at their options,' said Cook. 'Of course they are. Do we think that Liverpool just talked to Klinsmann? I am sure they also spoke to others, and I have no doubt Roberto Mancini was one of them. Of course he would have been.
      'The fact that Mancini met the owner on December 7 in London is not the same as saying we had made up our minds then to sack Mark Hughes. We decided to sack the manager after the Spurs defeat.
      'The fact that conversations took place prior to that is what lots of people do in football, and is part of what we do. But there is nothing misleading about what we told the public, the fans and the media in our press conference.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238141/Liverpool-spoke-Roberto-Mancini-replacing-Rafa-Benitez-claims-Manchester-City-chief-executive-Garry-Cook.html
      What is he trying to do?
      Does he think it will cause unrest at the club?  :-\
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool spoke to Roberto Mancini about replacing Rafa Benitez: Gary Cook
      Reply #1: Dec 24, 2009 04:17:09 am
      With our pair of clown owners, it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Dec 24, 2009 06:41:58 am
      Sounds like it.

Who's arsed? As long as it wasn't last week then I'm not. It's old
      news if he's referring to the Klinsman shambles.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Dec 24, 2009 06:44:08 am
      If it's when the cu*ts talked to Klinsmann then whatever.

What worries me most is they chose Klinsmann over Mancini!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Dec 24, 2009 06:51:10 am
      If it's when the cu*ts talked to Klinsmann then whatever.

What worries me most is they chose Klinsmann over Mancini!

:D

Didn't think of that. Idiots. :D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5: Dec 24, 2009 08:09:34 am
      This w**ker is just spouting sh*t to deflect the attention he is receiving with regards to his shambolic treatment of Mark Hughes. Cook, you're a useless c**t, just accept it like a man and face up.  :tosser:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Dec 24, 2009 08:45:13 am
      What a sh*t article.

He doesn't even know for sure that the owners spoke to Mancini, just says:

Do we think that Liverpool just talked to Klinsmann? I am sure they also spoke to others, and I have no doubt Roberto Mancini was one of them. Of course he would have been.

Which basically means he assumes everything he says, without any proof. And anyway, does anyone actually give a F**k? If they spoke to one possible replacement for Rafa years ago or several, changes nothing.

And why the F**k do all these tossers always have to bring up Liverpool when we have nothing whatsoever to do with their situation? Piss off back to your own bollocks of a club, Cook, and F***ing do one whilst you're at it.

Funny how all the press say we're finished, yet any time anyone speaks to them about something, they can't help but talk about us. Jealous tw*ts, just because they don't have any history.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Dec 24, 2009 08:50:30 am
      The dickhead has just caught himself in a media sh*t-storm where he has stuck his foot in it more than once already, and is being a coward and trying to deflect some attention back to someone he knows is a media sh*t draw as well. F***ing low blow to try and drag us in i reckon, F**k him. Anyone on the man shitty board can go jump as far as im concerned, bunch of ruthless & clueless sh*t for brain cu*ts.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #8: Dec 24, 2009 09:06:49 am
      Worst bit of knee jerking journalism I've read in the past week.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #9: Dec 24, 2009 09:19:13 am
      You know what they say "no news is good news" and this is definitely no news.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Dec 24, 2009 09:33:07 am
      You know what they say "no news is good news" and this is definitely no news.

True that, just another blatant attempt by the media and man shitty to try and undermine our club. Tired of this kind of sh*t.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 24, 2009 09:57:04 am
      They must be getting desperate..
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Dec 24, 2009 10:00:23 am
      Even if it happened, it was 2 years ago.

Let the matter rest Cook, you're sounding as if you're smug because you've got the best man in business.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #13: Dec 24, 2009 10:04:54 am
      Let the matter rest Cook, you're sounding as if you're smug because you've got the best man in business.

Do you really think Mancini is the best manager in the world?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #14: Dec 24, 2009 10:10:04 am
      Do you really think Mancini is the best manager in the world?

No I'm talking in Cook's perspective. As in he's talking as though he thinks he's got the best manager - but in his own opinion.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Dec 24, 2009 10:22:39 am
      The tw*t is just trying to unsettle us.

I F***ing hate Manchester so much.
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 24, 2009 10:28:39 am
      Looks like Cook has achieved his objective, he got you lot going and if you read his statement he does not say Liverpool talked to Mancini, can't you see that he his trying to convince people that Mancini was a good choice, given the fact that he appeared to be the only out of work 'foreign' high profile manager available and hey lads, is it not possible to post without being interspersed without so many ******* being employed and use your spell check.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #17: Dec 24, 2009 10:33:47 am
      Is Mancini Aquilani's Dad?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Dec 24, 2009 11:04:55 am
      Would anyone be that suprised with our current owners, they are F***ing scumbags and only admitted to Klinsman when they were caught out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #19: Dec 24, 2009 11:17:13 am
      No I'm talking in Cook's perspective. As in he's talking as though he thinks he's got the best manager - but in his own opinion.

That's a relief! :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Dec 24, 2009 11:58:17 am
      "Deflector shields up" Stupid manc c**t trying to take the pressure off city with a remark like that. Even if its true what the fook business is it of his or anyone at city. C**ts to a man in that clubs board
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #21: Dec 24, 2009 12:12:44 pm
      Complete clown. Trying to deflect attention from his own sh*t clubs treatment of Hughes.

Don't care what some no mark tosser has to say about us.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #22: Dec 24, 2009 12:47:16 pm
      It just reminds me of when Chelsea came into money, having a few bob doesn't give them the right to come out with this crap , all the money in the world can't buy CLASS .So f**k off and keep your nose out of LFC and our buisness.

Quick Reply