Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Higuain (Real Madrid)

Read 18259 times
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Re: Higuain (Real Madrid)
      Reply #115: Aug 12, 2011 07:32:17 am
      I don't think we would go out and buy another 25m striker.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #116: Aug 12, 2011 07:50:30 am
      Can't see this happening.

The C/B should be 1st priority, and a replacement for Ngog if he should move to Bolton, but not a 25m striker.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #117: Aug 12, 2011 08:28:27 am
      Can't see this happening.

The C/B should be 1st priority, and a replacement for Ngog if he should move to Bolton, but not a 25m striker.
      Same feeling here. We need a CB first, thats the main priority.
      But if Ngog goes to Bolton, I wonder who we will move for ?
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #118: Aug 12, 2011 09:14:53 am
      Same feeling here. We need a CB first, thats the main priority.
      But if Ngog goes to Bolton, I wonder who we will move for ?

Maybe a loan move from a European club to fill the huge void left by skinny Dave. Higuain on loan anyone?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #119: Aug 12, 2011 12:11:24 pm

Higuain              Suarez
                                           Carroll

Whats wrong with that?

Nothing at all, and I would love to see it - and to be fair, Clarke is used to the 433 from his time at chelsea.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #120: Aug 12, 2011 12:18:45 pm

Higuain              Suarez
                                           Carroll

Whats wrong with that?

The fact that it is missing our top signing this summer ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #121: Aug 12, 2011 05:08:08 pm
      The fact that it is missing our top signing this summer ...

What?! How is that missing any other signing when I haven't even listed any other players in the team?? So I don't know how you've come to that conclusion.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #122: Aug 12, 2011 05:16:00 pm
      What?! How is that missing any other signing when I haven't even listed any other players in the team?? So I don't know how you've come to that conclusion.

That attacking trio is missing Stewart Downing, our top signing this summer ... If we are to employ the 4-3-3 formation on regular basis, Downing will be a part of the starting attacking trio ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #123: Aug 12, 2011 05:18:25 pm
      That attacking trio is missing Stewart Downing, our top signing this summer ... If we are to employ the 4-3-3 formation on regular basis, Downing will be a part of the starting attacking trio ...

Believe it or not seeing as Downing is a midfielder he could play in the midfield part of the 4-3-3. Anyway where are you getting this 4-3-3 from? Not once have I mentioned 4-3-3, I could be on about 3-4-3 for all you know. I was just saying about that as what I would have as my front 3. Also if we got Higuain then Downing wouldn't be out top signing this summer...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #124: Aug 12, 2011 05:21:46 pm
      Believe it or not seeing as Downing is a midfielder he could play in the midfield part of the 4-3-3. Anyway where are you getting this 4-3-3 from? Not once have I mentioned 4-3-3, I could be on about 3-4-3 for all you know. I was just saying about that as what I would have as my front 3. Also if we got Higuain then Downing wouldn't be out top signing this summer...

No matter how you put it, Higuain is definitely not what we need at the moment ...

By the way, we could also probably play Gerrard at right back, but I doubt that we will ...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #125: Aug 12, 2011 05:24:31 pm
      I think I preferred Devil Hunter.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #126: Aug 12, 2011 05:26:49 pm
      No matter how you put it, Higuain is definitely not what we need at the moment ...

By the way, we could also probably play Gerrard at right back, but I doubt that we will ...

I'm not putting it any which way, i only said how i think he would be a good signing, not that we should go all out and get him and totally disregard any other areas of the pitch. What's the point in saying can play Gerrard at right back, now you are just being childish and immature, the fact is Downing is a midfielder but it seems as though you dont want to accept that and seem adamant he has to play up in the 4-3-3.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #127: Aug 12, 2011 05:38:23 pm
      I'm not putting it any which way, I only said how I think he would be a good signing, not that we should go all out and get him and totally disregard any other areas of the pitch. What's the point in saying can play Gerrard at right back, now you are just being childish and immature, the fact is Downing is a midfielder but it seems as though you dont want to accept that and seem adamant he has to play up in the 4-3-3.

Of course that Higuain would be a good signing, but we have as much chance of signing him as we did with Aguero ... Downing is a winger, a wide attacking player, or maybe even a wide forward, depending on the formation ... He could probably also play as a wing-back, in the 3-4-3 formation that you are suggesting, but I doubt that he will be very effective there ... Certainly not as effective as Enrique ... As for the role of the left-sided midfielder in the 4-3-3 formation, I doubt that Downing will be picked over Adam for the role ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #128: Aug 12, 2011 05:40:44 pm
      Of course that Higuain would be a good signing, but we have as much chance of signing him as we did with Aguero ... Downing is a winger, a wide attacking player, or maybe even a wide forward, depending on the formation ... He could probably also play as a wing-back, in the 3-4-3 formation that you are suggesting, but I doubt that he will be very effective there ... Certainly not as effective as Enrique ... As for the role of the left-sided midfielder in the 4-3-3 formation, I doubt that Downing will be picked over Adam for the role ...

Again with the 4-3-3, i haven't bloody said i'd play it as a 4-3-3!!  :mad: :throw:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #129: Aug 12, 2011 05:41:42 pm
      I think I preferred Devil Hunter.

:lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #130: Aug 12, 2011 05:41:55 pm
      Again with the 4-3-3, i haven't bloody said i'd play it as a 4-3-3!!  :mad: :throw:

Will you give it a rest with 4-3-3 mate!  :f_tongueincheek:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #131: Aug 12, 2011 06:02:41 pm
      Will you give it a rest with 4-3-3 mate!  :f_tongueincheek:

Oi! I'll 4-3-3 you in a minute ;)

Quick Reply