Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Higuain (Real Madrid)

Read 18326 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Higuain (Real Madrid)
      Jul 14, 2011 02:11:33 pm
      Liverpool Transfer Rumours: Downing Set For £20m Move As Dalglish Eyes Higuain and Sturridge

http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/179966/20110714/liverpool-transfer-rumours-news-gossip-talk-targets-higuain-downing-sturridge.htm

Liverpool are set to complete the signing of Aston Villa midfielder Stewart Downing in the next 48 hours after the England international submitted a written transfer request, effectively forcing through a move to Anfield.

Downing has been a transfer target for Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish since the beginning of the summer and the signing will take Liverpool's spending towards £100m since Dalglish returned to the club in January. The deal is reported to be an initial £18.5m payment, with the fee rising as performance-related add-ons are triggered.

The 26-year-old becomes the Anfield club's third major purchase this summer, following Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam and means that Villa have lost their two most consistent players, Downing and Ashley Young, in little over a month.

Aston Villa chief executive told The Guardian, "I can confirm that we have reached an agreement with Liverpool following an improved offer and the submission of a formal transfer request by Stewart Downing, and have subsequently given them permission to speak with the player.

"We believe there are replacements available in the market who can strengthen our squad ahead of the coming season, and we are in discussions as such. We are also working hard to conclude a deal for a goalkeeper who we believe can also strengthen the side."

Reports today suggest Liverpool's summer spending is far from complete. Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain is the latest player to be linked with a move to Merseyside. The Real Madrid player has found opportunities at the Bernabeu limited since his return from injury and reports in Spain suggest manager Jose Mourinho is keen to offload the striker to fund a move for Carlos Tevez or Sergio Aguero.

However, with the 23-year-old valued at around £25m, a more likely transfer target is Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge. With rumours today suggesting Kenny Dalglish is closely monitoring the situation at Stamford Bridge with a view to submitting an offer for the England Under-21 international.

Sturridge has grown frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities since joining Chelsea from Manchester City in 2009. He spent the second half of last season on loan to Bolton Wanderers, scoring eight goals in 12 appearances but he is not thought to be in the plans of new manager Andre Villas-Boas and could move in search of regular football this summer.

According to the English press, Liverpool aims to Higuain

AS.COM

AS.COM | 14/07/2011

Liverpool to bid for Real Madrid by Higuain, who intends to turn in their star signing this summer as the site says Britain's Footybunker '.

Liverpool could offer the annual Pipita a tab of nearly three million euros to compensate for the lack of immediate expectations on a sporting level, since the 'reds' will not be in the Champions League next season.

For the signing, Liverpool believes it has in its favor with their status as historical team and also the fact that Mourinho can not guarantee a place in the Argentine titularesta eleven season.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011 01:21:37 am by CRK, Reason: Fixed name »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Higuian (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2011 02:16:32 pm
      Would love it blood, not happening though would go against what Tony Evans, Tony Barrett and Rory Smith have told us so far and whether we like it our not they have been fairly spot on.

Tony Evans seems to think the focus is now on selling players and there may or may not be more movement by the end of the window depending on sales.

Higuain would defo excite the fans though and even though the journalists have rubbished the marquee signing theory

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2011 02:18:07 pm
      Would love it blood, not happening though would go against what Tony Evans, Tony Barrett and Rory Smith have told us so far and whether we like it our not they have been fairly spot on.

I wouldn't say they have been spot on mate, Raul Not travelling to China as one example.

Still I don't think there is anything in it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2011 02:20:09 pm
      Ya that was Smith he was F***ing slated for that as well, Tony Evans has been spot on though. I'm wondering is Higuain looking for a new contract our reassurance from Real and his agent seeing Liverpool spending money is putting this out there to force Reals hand
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2011 02:58:02 pm
      O please god be true!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2011 03:00:43 pm

Looking at the source footybunker.com on the AS.COM article I highly doubt it is.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2011 03:07:50 pm
      As long as their is enough money for a LB than I would welcome the move, give us a bit of scoring depth up top which is what top teams need for a long season.
      Pal318is
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 14, 2011 03:22:00 pm
      Footbunker aren't the best source tbh. However this would be a fantastic signing if made..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Jul 14, 2011 03:23:01 pm
      Footbunker aren't the best source tbh. However this would be a fantastic signing if made..

Pal do you drive a BMW by any chance. ;D
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 14, 2011 03:24:23 pm
      Looking at the source footybunker.com on the AS.COM article I highly doubt it is.

Ah ya as my mate was saying its a old story really. Its may just be doing the rounds again. Lets just look forward to get Downing in. Then its very much so on to the next one!!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #10: Jul 14, 2011 03:30:58 pm
      Sturridge would be ideal for a back up striker and someone we could look to for the future. As for Higuain? I'd take the guy in a minute, top top top striker! Sadly I don't think it'll be true though, the source is hardly convincing. We can dream though!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Jul 14, 2011 05:43:37 pm

Tony Evans seems to think the focus is now on selling players and there may or may not be more movement by the end of the window depending on sales.

Higuain would defo excite the fans though and even though the journalists have rubbished the marquee signing theory

Hardly spot on in my opinion. Got some right, yeah, but not perfect by any stretch. I like them but i don't take them as gospel. Evans said our spending is done after Downing, and i highly doubt that.

Higuain would be a huge signing, would love it. Not gonna get too excited yet though.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #12: Jul 14, 2011 07:33:20 pm
      Didn't Mourinho come out and say they are still looking for one more attacking player? Hence the ongoing Adebayor saga.... everybody has a price but if they are in the process of trying to add one more attacker I don't see them selling one and thus making them two short of their goal. That being said it may be tough to hold on to a player like him if you can't guarantee him first team football.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #13: Jul 14, 2011 08:12:46 pm
      The rumour is that this is the reason Kenny has came back from China.

Some people might say that it's because Kenny wants to welcome Stewart but surely he wouldn't come back just to do that, people are at the club to finalise the deals.

At the same time I doubt Kenny will be buying Higuain.

I don't know in all honesty ...
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2011 08:18:36 pm
      The rumour is that this is the reason Kenny has came back from China.

Some people might say that it's because Kenny wants to welcome Stewart but surely he wouldn't come back just to do that, people are at the club to finalise the deals.

At the same time I doubt Kenny will be buying Higuain.

I don't know in all honesty ...

None of us do... which is kinda cool
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2011 09:19:57 pm
      "14 Jul 2011 18:22:49
      Real madrid news on twitter (an official account) tweeted:
      Liverpool made a 20 Million pounds as price for Real Madrid striker Higuain #realmadrid #RMNWS #Liverpool #YNWA

Seen this on lfc rumours but cant find it on twatter,starting to legs this story.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2011 09:29:15 pm
      Would love him here, he's absolute class. Just cannot see us going in the market for another striker though, or Madrid selling him for below £30M
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2011 09:50:01 pm
      In all honesty, I see this as having a lower likelihood than us signing Aguero.  At least in that saga Sergio has openly said he wants to leave, Atletico are resigned to selling him, and he supposedly is a Liverpool fan.  This rumor just seems to be complete BS.  Higuian was Real's #1 option last season before he got hurt, so if one of their strikers was going anywhere, you'd have to assume they would offload Benzema before Gonzo.  Not that I think they will be letting either one go.... they are short on CF's and need to bring in a 3rd, not lose one of the ones they have. 

This one is an absolute load of bollocks. 
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2011 10:19:46 pm
      .... they are short on CF's and need to bring in a 3rd, not lose one of the ones they have. 

This one is an absolute load of bollocks. 
      Oh dear.Madrid short of center forward's. Since when have they ever been short of forward's?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2011 10:48:59 pm
      Oh dear.Madrid short of center forward's. Since when have they ever been short of forward's?

Sinse Adebayor's loan finished with them only having Benzema and Higuain and maybe the odd reserve striker.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2011 11:02:07 pm
      Sinse Adebayor's loan finished with them only having Benzema and Higuain and maybe the odd reserve striker.
      You're not getting the point. Real will never be short of striker's.If they need one they will probably buy two just in case one doesn't work out. As for Adebayor isn't he a shoe in to sign long term for them?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2011 11:17:44 pm
      You're not getting the point. Real will never be short of striker's.If they need one they will probably buy two just in case one doesn't work out. As for Adebayor isn't he a shoe in to sign long term for them?

There is no point to get cause that makes 0 sense, if your theory is true then they would have signed a lot more than Adebayor and on more than a loan deal when Higuain got injured. And no he isn't a shoe in.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2011 11:30:58 pm
      There is no point to get cause that makes 0 sense, if your theory is true then they would have signed a lot more than Adebayor and on more than a loan deal when Higuain got injured. And no he isn't a shoe in.
      Adebayor was signed in the "Winter" window to cover for Higuain. Adebayor&Mourinho say he will be there next season(shoe in). With nearly 2 months left to go before the window closes do you not think Real might buy in a couple of strikers? That is my point!!!!!!

Quick Reply