Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

VORONIN: A waste of salary and space

Read 9077 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      VORONIN: A waste of salary and space
      Dec 30, 2009 01:05:24 pm
      Fun in the sun: Andriy and Yulia share a hug and contemplate playing some football of a rather different variety to that the striker is used to at Anfield.
      From the Daily Mail Online

His Liverpool team-mates toiled to beat Aston Villa in the Birmingham snow last night, but yesterday Andriy Voronin lapped up the sun on Miami Beach with his glamorous wife, Yulia.

Ukraine striker Voronin was not included in the Reds' squad for the crunch clash at Villa Park and has not featured for Rafa Benitez's side since the 1-1 draw with Lyon in the Champions League on November 4, a game in which he missed several gilt-edged chances to score.

The 30-year-old forward has played just 12 times for his club so far this season and has said that he wants to feature more for Liverpool.

But he was farmed out on loan to Hertha Berlin last season as he found himself behind Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel and David Ngog in the Anfield strikers' pecking order.

Voronin was a success in the Bundesliga but the German side could not afford to make the Ukrainian's move a permanent one, leaving him to return to Anfield where he has again found his chances limited.

Indeed, Voronin now appears to be behind even youngsters Nabir El Zahr and Dani Pacheco in the competition for first-team places, while rumours abound that Benitez is ready to swoop for Real Madrid front-man Ruud van Nistelrooy.

A waste of salary. See the contrasting pictures.

A decent player will be there supporting the team.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: VORONIN: A waste of salary and space
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2009 01:10:00 pm
      Just F**k off from our club, but gotta admit, that's a class picture of Aquilani at the bottom.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2009 01:13:31 pm
      Useless f**ker.

Get him out in the January transfer window, its a disgrace to see him in the Liverpool shirt, let alone in the famed No. 10 shirt.

This is the last straw. I don't mind players who are not making the cut but I get really bothered by players who don't spare a thought for the club.

Get out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2009 01:17:12 pm
      Pretty biased article, obviously setting us up to get pissed off at Voronin, but who knows which of our other players might take mini breaks during the season if injured or have a week off?

Anyway, I didn't need to read this article to know Voronin was a waste of space, I knew it already.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2009 01:19:47 pm
      Pretty biased article, obviously setting us up to get pissed off at Voronin, but who knows which of our other players might take mini breaks during the season if injured or have a week off?

Anyway, I didn't need to read this article to know Voronin was a waste of space, I knew it already.

Good man Ayrton. Nobody here knows the situation. He could have been told he wasnt needed and could have a week off. So why not go away with his wife? If that was Stevie or Masch in those pics the only comments would be on the partners bikini!
      bbrady10
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2009 01:25:51 pm
      voronin is a waste of space hes not fit enough to wear the liverpool shirt torres is the best striker in the world we just need to get another good striker for cover when he gets injured
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2009 01:28:19 pm
      Loving his shorts.

Bit of a waste of an article if you ask me. We already knew.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2009 01:34:02 pm
      Might be a crap footballer, but he can pick a bird!
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2009 01:35:44 pm
      Good man Ayrton. Nobody here knows the situation. He could have been told he wasnt needed and could have a week off. So why not go away with his wife? If that was Stevie or Masch in those pics the only comments would be on the partners bikini!

I don't agree.

The club has been going through a bad spell and the best Voronin can do is Vacation in sunny Miami? Where is the team spirit and support the team needed.

I could have sworn I saw mascherano in the Dug-out or stands yesterday.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2009 01:46:43 pm
      If he was not selected and given time off, I do not see the problem with it in all honesty, I know one thing If I give myself a vacation I don't hang around in getting as far away from my daily grind as quick as possible.

Oh and I already knew he was a waste of space. :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2009 01:52:17 pm
      Definitely on his way.

But what the F**k is Benitez letting him go off like that for?  That's bad that is.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2009 03:27:46 pm
      Definitely on his way.

But what the f**k is Benitez letting him go off like that for?  That's bad that is.

Brilliant post Court.

All hands were supposed to be on deck. Torres and Gerrard had long injury lay-off; they were in the VIP section supporting the team. That is the right attitude.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2009 03:37:13 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

All hands were supposed to be on deck. Torres and Gerrard had long injury lay-off; they were in the VIP section supporting the team. That is the right attitude.
      He's definitely away and if we can get some money for him it's a bonus but more importantly his birds well fit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2009 03:44:37 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

To compare Voronin to Gerrard and Torres is ridiculous they are adored legends in there own playing time. Voronin isnt deaf or stupid he can hear the boos and groans when he gets a run why should he have the same affection for the club that Torres or Stevie who are adored have?

He obviously was given the time off not his fault and why would he sit in a freezing cold place hes not wanted or as everyone points out hes not good enough to be. So what the f**k difference does it make where he was? Nobody wants him at he club but kick off cos hes not sat in the stand watching his team.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2009 03:45:03 pm
      not sure his holiday makes any difference but he's been a useless c*nt for a long time.

what pisses me off most is that hertha berlin can't afford his wages to make him permanent. as an already millionnaire footballer, if i had any ambition or dignity, i would drop my wage demands in order to go to a club where i can play regular football. instead, the lazy, sponging, sh*tbag prefers to sit on the bench and collect his nice pay check every week. what a c*nt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2009 04:26:33 pm
      not sure his holiday makes any difference but he's been a useless c*nt for a long time.

what pisses me off most is that hertha berlin can't afford his wages to make him permanent. as an already millionnaire footballer, if i had any ambition or dignity, i would drop my wage demands in order to go to a club where i can play regular football. instead, the lazy, sponging, sh*tbag prefers to sit on the bench and collect his nice pay check every week. what a c*nt.
      Hit the nail there mate he's well happy playing sh*t or should I say taking the piss and picking up mega bucks instead of being paid according to the standard of his performance which falls well short of an acceptable level.
      If this were any contract and he failed to honour it by default i.e. failing to attain a professional standard  his employer would have the right to annul the contract and give him his orders - what's the problem?
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009 04:32:50 pm by stuey »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2009 04:29:50 pm
      Sell him in January if you can't get money release him on a free, he has to be one of the worst strikers ever to play for Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2009 04:51:13 pm
      Rather he holiday on a beach somewhere than wearing our kit to be honest.

He'll be on his way soon.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2009 05:02:48 pm
      I think it is pretty obvious he is now rendered surplus to requirements at Anfield so if he is dropped from the squad then i really couldnt give a sh*t where he is. I can understand the resentment as we are effectively paying his undeserved wages which is paying for his little trip to Miami but the further away from the squad the better as far as i am concered. With any luck we will get rid of the pr**k in the coming weeks.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2009 05:11:01 pm
      I think it is pretty obvious he is now rendered surplus to requirements at Anfield so if he is dropped from the squad then I really couldnt give a sh*t where he is. I can understand the resentment as we are effectively paying his undeserved wages which is paying for his little trip to Miami but the further away from the squad the better as far as I am concered. With any luck we will get rid of the pr**k in the coming weeks.

Other than not being good enough what has he done to merit such venim ?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2009 05:23:02 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

I dont think he would've went away for a few days / week / month if Rafa didn't give him the ok to do so.  So why dont you take a pop at Rafa for giving him the time off? Didn't think so, much easier to have a pop at Voronin aint it  ;)

My take on that would be Rafa has probably told him he'll be on his way in January, so if he wanted to go get some sun on his back it wouldn't be a problem.

By the way, his missus is a lasher!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2009 05:25:42 pm

He's let his club,team mates and supporters down with his sub standard performances and refuses to acknowledge that he is punching above his weight, no venom there mate just cold hard fact.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2009 05:28:39 pm
      Any better pictures of his missus?  ;D

Edit:
      Just googled her and they can both F**k off   >:( ;D

http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/june11yuliavoronin.jpg
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #23: Dec 30, 2009 05:34:31 pm

;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #24: Dec 30, 2009 05:39:47 pm
      Any better pictures of his missus?  ;D

Edit:
      Just googled her and they can both F**k off   >:( ;D

http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/june11yuliavoronin.jpg
      She's certainly worth googling.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #25: Dec 30, 2009 05:43:23 pm

...i also remember a while back him slating the city. regardless he is not good enough, has no passion or effort and would rather be in Miami than fighting for the course and supporting his team mates. so yeah, i think he is a bit of a pr**k. I also seen him once in town dressed like an absolute attention seeking idiot. i do not like the guy.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2009 06:00:34 pm
      I was optimistic when he was in Germany , He was looking Sharpe knocking goals in and proving he can play football .....
               However he came back proved he wasn't Sharpe and couldn't play football ,and last but not least mate me look a c**t .........The pr**k!
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #27: Dec 30, 2009 07:20:22 pm
      I was optimistic when he was in Germany , He was looking Sharpe knocking goals in and proving he can play football .....
               However he came back proved he wasn't Sharpe and couldn't play football ,and last but not least mate me look a c**t .........The P**ck!

WOW! Now take a deep breathe............ Exhale!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Dec 30, 2009 07:21:39 pm
      WOW! Now take a deep breathe............ Exhale!

I've calmed down now!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Dec 30, 2009 07:24:03 pm
      Jaysus was never optimistic about this lad he was always sh*t with a high opinion of himself.

Remember watching him in his first season warming up before a game against Porto in the Champions Legaue and I actually couldn't believe how bad he was he looked out of his depth in the warm up. This is my main memory of his time at Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2009 09:55:53 am
      Jaysus was never optimistic about this lad he was always sh*t with a high opinion of himself.

Remember watching him in his first season warming up before a game against Porto in the Champions Legaue and I actually couldn't believe how bad he was he looked out of his depth in the warm up. This is my main memory of his time at Anfield.
      You know what mate I just read your post and the very picture came to mind - Veronin warming up for that game, never really thought about it but that must have been part of the mental "no F***ing good" structure. To be honest he looked more like one of those act soft mascots they send on.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2009 10:06:03 am
      Simply shows the feelings of respective players to there clubs. Torres, Gerrard and co stick around for the games even if they don't feature, Voronin fucks off.

Now just make it a permanent F**k off would ya, ya ponytailed git.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2009 10:07:21 am
      Shell suited pony tailed c u next tuesday
      F**k off back behind the iron curtain
      & take your chav bird with you
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2009 10:39:27 am
      Has anybody come in for him?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2009 10:57:32 am
      Dead man walking. He knows he will never play for us again, so who can blame him, lucky b***ard. What £50k a week and is allowed to piss off to the sun 'cos he's sh*te! Lucky b***ard I say! Now off you go. Won't say piss off 'cos techinallly your still a Red. But close to it.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #35: Dec 31, 2009 12:58:14 pm
      If Rafa ain't gonna use him just get rid of him quickly and get whatever we can instead of allowing him to bask  in the sun to a tune of 50k per month. The money can be utilised to develope our youth programme.  :(
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #36: Dec 31, 2009 02:15:28 pm
      he is just living off his liverpool wages get him out in jan and bring in a striker who will be a use to the team and the wage bill.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Dec 31, 2009 02:31:30 pm
      Get him out and bring back nemeth. Give the lad a chance.
      100%lfc4ever
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 31, 2009 09:19:55 pm
      Is he on 50k a week,what the hell,who agreed to pay an unknown free transfer that much when they weren't willing to pay an experienced quality premiership player like Barry 80-90k with a lowish transfer fee.We will never get rid of him as no team will pay that let alone a fee he will just sit out his contract,another expensive mistake what did Rafa see in him???????
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2009 11:42:35 pm
      Is he on 50k a week,what the hell,who agreed to pay an unknown free transfer that much when they weren't willing to pay an experienced quality premiership player like Barry 80-90k with a lowish transfer fee.We will never get rid of him as no team will pay that let alone a fee he will just sit out his contract,another expensive mistake what did Rafa see in him???????

His Missus, Rafa borrows her occasionally.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2010 01:21:06 am
      This c**t is absoloutely useless. The sooner he's out the better as he's only wasting money with his high wage demands.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2010 01:41:35 am
      Voronin can leave, but his girl can stay as a mascot. She will deffo never walk alone :tosser:
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2010 04:43:29 am
      F**k off ya dirty tw*t please sumone take this pony tailrd c**t
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2010 07:05:39 am
      Sell him in January if you can't get money release him on a free, he has to be one of the worst strikers ever to play for Liverpool.

after Middlesboro away two yrs ago he became the worst imo. That fact was confirmed to me this year in the game away to Arsenal in the
      League Cup: he gave a hospital pass to Plessis who lost the ball to Merida, before Merida had even scored the pony tailed assassin was berating
      Plessis for losing the ball.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2010 08:37:38 am
      One of the worst ever, IMO Miami isnt far enough away. He hasnt kicked a ball since the Lyon game so doubt this is his first hol with his Mrs. Who gives a f*ck where he is as long as its nowhere near the first team!

On a seperate note love the picture, what a body! His wifes is not bad either  ;D

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2010 10:42:17 am
      Useless tosser will be glad to see the back of him
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #46: Jan 01, 2010 10:50:26 am
      We have no need for this bloke ! Give the kids a game if need be  hes proven that he cant cut it in the PL !
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #47: Jan 01, 2010 11:29:16 am
      Give the guy a break... he wasn't bad when he first arrived,  considering he was a free transfer.

I think his porn star ponytail meant he had no chance of getting fans onside from the start.

I don't think much of him as a player, and really hope he gets moved on...

But he certainly doesn't deserve the vitriol being spouted here.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 01, 2010 02:03:43 pm
      wonder how much each goal he has scored has cost the reds any ideas anyone. this just shows you what a stupid system web have in soccer.must be on 30k a week
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #49: Jan 01, 2010 02:07:17 pm
      Get shot of him ASAP please Rafa.

Just makes it worse he wears the number 10 shirt too!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #50: Jan 01, 2010 02:12:43 pm
      Just get rid of him. The topic name sums it up well- a waste of salary and space. I'd rather see young guns like Nemeth and Pacheco in the team.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #51: Jan 01, 2010 03:03:52 pm
      He could have been told he wasnt needed and could have a week off.
      So why not go away with his wife?

If that was Stevie or Masch in those pics the only comments would be on the partners bikini!

Yes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Jan 01, 2010 03:10:35 pm
      People saying to flog him and give a youngster a chance, when he doesn't even play anyway and youngsters are still not given a shot!

Makes no sense, to me.
      clogger
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #53: Jan 01, 2010 05:43:07 pm
      His bird is a meff
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #54: Jan 01, 2010 09:24:39 pm
      How can a player with this kind of mentality be at our glorious club? An absolute waste of space. Get rid asap! Especially as i would love someone else to wear the number 10 shirt ;D
      clogger
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2010 03:44:37 am
      Taxi
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2010 11:12:39 am
      People saying to flog him and give a youngster a chance, when he doesn't even play anyway and youngsters are still not given a shot!

Makes no sense, to me.

Yes but he is taking up a first team squad place. which a decent young fella could at least be training with the first team.

Ngog has got a game before voro, so its not all doom and gloom.

Everybody is agreed the guy just needs to go.

Let him go for free, if it gets rid.

Im sure he will go on loan tho.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #57: Jan 14, 2010 05:08:18 pm
      I know it's a bit late, but it made me laugh.

Radio Merseyside news Item--

"Today ex Liverpool Striker was on his way to Moscow following his transfer to the Russian team. His plane was unfortunately held up by snow on the runway at Speke. Following this announcement 14,000 members of the kop immediately descended on Speke to help clear the snow off the runway."
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #58: Jan 15, 2010 07:40:58 pm
      30 grand a week and he wears these?

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Jan 15, 2010 07:43:59 pm
      30 grand a week and he wears these?