Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)

Read 102004 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege)
      Reply #46: Feb 03, 2010 06:58:17 am
       He is not stupid,he had the sense to kick Everton into touch.Sadly this is what Hicks means when he talks about it being a massive summer window for transfers,anyone we can get for free.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #47: Feb 03, 2010 07:23:15 am
      Like I said earlier, both the deals are done. Chamakh and Jovanovic. Chamakh won't announce it till their UCL campaign gets over.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #48: Feb 03, 2010 07:32:05 am
      Here is another free transfer saying we are interested in signing him.

Jovanovic keeps his options open
      Milan Jovanovic has vowed to stay at Standard Liege until the summer before considering the best move for his career.

The Serbian forward will be a free agent at the end of the season and speculation has suggested Liege could be tempted to sell him this month.

AC Milan are understood to be interested in signing Jovanovic, while the player claims Liverpool and "another big European club" are also chasing him.

The 28-year-old maintains that stories of an agreement with Milan are premature as he does not want to make a decision on his future just yet.

"I will be a Standard player until June," Jovanovic insisted.

"News that I have already said yes to AC Milan are not correct. I am still waiting, I haven't decided.

"Also because AC Milan are not the only club interested in me. There is also Liverpool and another big European club.

"I repeat - my options are still very open."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8698_5833862,00.html

Hurry the hell up sign this guy
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Feb 03, 2010 07:38:08 am

We have it seems.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #50: Feb 03, 2010 08:30:48 am
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Milan Jovanovinovinovivich 'is he our' Player Thread?
      Reply #51: Feb 03, 2010 09:38:00 am
      RAFAEL BENITEZ'S summer squad rebuilding began in earnest yesterday when Milan Jovanovic sealed a move to Liverpool.

The Serbia international has signed a pre-contract agreement that will see him arrive from Belgian club Standard Liege at the end of the season.

Jovanovic's consistently impressive form had attracted a clutch of potential suitors from across Europe, including Italian giants AC Milan.

He was reported to be stalling over a move to Liverpool until assurances were made over the long-term future of Benitez.

But the 29-year-old has now negotiated a three-year deal at Anfield that commits him to the club until at least 2013.

Jovanovic boasts a record of a goal almost every other game during his spell at Standard Liege, for whom he appeared against both Liverpool and Everton in European competition last season.

A regular for Serbia, he is expected to play a key role for his country in this summer's World Cup finals in South Africa.

And Jovanovic will have endeared himself to Liverpool supporters with his claims a year ago of having rejected a move to neighbours Everton by saying: "Everton aren't a big club. That club I have turned down already."

Benitez has been keen to bolster his attacking resources given the ongoing fitness concerns of Fernando Torres and last month's departure of Andriy Voronin.

The Liverpool manager also remains interested in Marouane Chamakh, Bordeaux's highly-rated striker who is also available on a free transfer in June.

Jovanovic's imminent arrival is a sign of Benitez planning for life at Anfield beyond the end of the season, despite continued interest from Juventus.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010 04:46:45 pm by Court LFC »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #52: Feb 03, 2010 09:53:40 am
      Looks like a real box striker. Left footed as well.

Should offer something different than Kuyt when Torres is out.

Surely the idea is to play 2 up top....natural left and right footer would be great.

Besides Rafa wont have said you get to play when Torres doesnt.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Milan Jovanovic Player Thread
      Reply #53: Feb 03, 2010 10:20:45 am
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club albeit you won't be here until the summer ha :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #54: Feb 03, 2010 11:08:19 am
      Backup striker.

The only thing I like about him is that he knocked the blueshite back for being a small club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #55: Feb 03, 2010 11:14:47 am
      Backup striker.

The only thing I like about him is that he knocked the blueshite back for being a small club.
      Most people would.
      He is 28 and joined S. Liege in 2006 scoring 14 goals in his first season since then he has made 138 appearences and scored 68 goals in all competitions.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010 11:30:05 am by stuey »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic Player Thread
      Reply #56: Feb 03, 2010 01:06:12 pm
      Bought nothing in jan ,know not a lot about this player but it already seems we are shopping in the bargain basement for the summer,anyhow good luck, remember the pony tail I think he was free as well correct if wrong.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010 01:13:05 pm by CRK »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Milan Jovanovinovinovivich Player Thread
      Reply #57: Feb 03, 2010 01:15:10 pm
      Transfer fee: Free
      Contract: 3 years
      Est Pay: £63k per week

Former Clubs: Shakthar Donetsk, Lokomotiv Moscow, Standard Liege.
      International: Serbia (23 caps 17 goals) as of 1st February 2010
      Honours: 1 Russian titles, 2 Belgian titles, 2 Belgian Super Cups, 1 Russian Cup, 1 Ukrainian Cup, Belgian Footballer of the Year, Belgian Golden Boot

Original Transfer Topic: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=26661.0

Welcome to the club for this summer.

Hope you're decent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #58: Feb 03, 2010 01:16:05 pm
      Topic Locked.

Transfer confirmed.

Player thread added.
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=27500.0
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Milan Jovanovinovinovivich Player Thread
      Reply #59: Feb 03, 2010 01:37:00 pm
      Sounds like he's got a good record - then again it's difficult to judge somebody that's been playing in the Belgian league.

Wonder how much he would've cost if his contract hadn't run out?
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #60: Feb 03, 2010 01:37:16 pm
      didn't realise he's quite old.

he's our player and his record in the Belgian league looks outstanding.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #61: Feb 03, 2010 01:51:20 pm
      Has this been confirmed by the club yet?

If not why does he has a thread of his own?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #62: Feb 03, 2010 02:14:53 pm
      Not sure if this was posted, but this is from a week ago.

The football media have been buzzing about Serbia forward Milan Jovanovics future destination, with AC Milan, Fenerbahce, Liverpool and Valencia only some of the teams being linked with the Standard Liege star. Time, however, seems to be standing still for Jovanovic, as there are no updates on one of the most sought after attacking assets in Europe at the moment. Jovanovic shares his latest thoughts for Blic.

- Im used to these rumours because there have been all too many false alarms, Jovanovic comments on the issue of him joining some of the European giants.

The Italian media are already claiming you will be AC Milans latest signing.

- I will surely be giving the final say on this. Milan is a terrific club, a top-class destination, there is no doubt. However, what also matters for me is the conditions under which I sign for a new club. The football aspect is important, as well as the financial aspect and the living conditions. There is fierce competition at Milan; I dont fear it, because I believe I have a place in any club, even the biggest ones, but its very important for me to have the same treatment and opportunity as anyone else. I wish to join a club where I could enjoy the desired status from day one, and not one where I have to struggle for it. I dont fear any challenges, but all I want to have is a level playing field with every other player.

Standard Liege director Luciano DOnofrio claims you would be the perfect player for AC Milan.

- I have an exceptional relationship with the director. We dont keep in touch on daily basis, but I am sure we will do whats best for both me and the club. I want my decision to be carefully thought through, but resolved as soon as possible.

Is there a chance you will be staying in Belgium until June next year?

- Everything will be much clearer in the next ten or fifteen days. I think the best option for me would be to sign a deal with a new club in January and stay at Liege until the summer. I believe Standard would be the best base ahead of the World Cup. The South Africa event will be the highlight of my career, and I would be much more peaceful at my current club.

Serbia completed the qualifying campaign in style, by winning the group.

- We have matured as both football players and people. We cant allow our potential and quality be undermined by doubt, but we cant either go there and expect to win the World Cup and then go and disappoint everyone.

How far can Serbia go at the World Cup?

- We need to be humble and believe in our abilities. We first need to concentrate on getting through the group stages, which is a realistic prospect, although I see this Serbia team going far in South Africa.

Do you have any wishes for 2010?

- A repeat of 2009 would be fine, concluded Jovanovic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #63: Feb 03, 2010 02:19:31 pm
      Has this been confirmed by the club yet?

The official website haven't confirmed that the club might hit the wall in July either but it doesn't mean it isn't happening. ;)

Wonder how much he would've cost if his contract hadn't run out?

This time last year when Everton were sniffing around him, the price banded about was about £10M.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #64: Feb 03, 2010 04:11:49 pm
      remember the pony tail I think he was free as well correct if wrong.

The pony tail was paid a substantial signing on fee, we got Voronin thrown in on the deal he was attached to it, in a conjoined twin kinda way  ;D

The lads basically saying he wanted to be assured of first team status, does this mean we are going to go 4-4-2 and if so and we get Chamack where does he fit into the squad ?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #65: Feb 03, 2010 04:33:09 pm
      Jovanovinovinovivich?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #66: Feb 03, 2010 04:35:41 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #67: Feb 03, 2010 04:42:48 pm
      Does this mean we're probably not going for Chamakh then?
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #68: Feb 03, 2010 04:45:25 pm
      They said he will get about 10mil pounds throughout his contract so that means 10mil from the players account which means if we had any kind of money left in it before, it is now 10mil shorter.

Quick Reply