Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation

Read 26786 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,578 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr 'abused fan’ via email
      Reply #46: Jan 10, 2010 05:26:06 pm
      Shocking.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 10, 2010 05:33:43 pm
      So, "Idiot" and "go to hell, I'm sick of you" are categorically abusive words?
      I thought he had said something like this, "I f*** your Mom you mother******" etc....

The thing is though, words like idiot and go to hell can be said easily by everybody on the street withouth any meaning at all.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #48: Jan 10, 2010 05:35:54 pm
      I thought he had said something like this, "I f*** your Mom you mother******" etc....

The thing is though, words like idiot and go to hell can be said easily by everybody on the street withouth any meaning at all.
      "Idiot" and "Go to hell" might not be but I'd consider "blow me F**k face" pretty abusive.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #49: Jan 10, 2010 05:36:33 pm

Actually it was 'Blow me fuckface. Go To hell. Im sick of you' Not exactly the stuff you would expect to hear back after e-mailing the director of yor club, with concerns? Clearly a daddy's boy, who ran at the first sign of trouble, and is probably a keyboard warrior.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #50: Jan 10, 2010 05:40:55 pm
      Looking that Hicks Jr responded to an email, I might send one in as it would have a good chance of getting a response as well.

I'm going to demand answers from him. I'm going to shove those words he said to that fan back into him.

I'm well pissed.

I'd personally leave it.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 10, 2010 05:43:39 pm
      "Idiot" and "Go to hell" might not be but I'd consider "blow me f**k face" pretty abusive.

Ah I see, I missed out on that bit....was skimming it very quickly and didn't see it.
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #52: Jan 10, 2010 05:46:33 pm
      Sent the pr**k an email! So far no delivery failure notification.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 10, 2010 05:47:45 pm
      Sent the pr**k an email! So far no delivery failure notification.

Leave it, it won't improve your -9 points to become +8....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Jan 10, 2010 05:50:13 pm
      Well I've had a response to my email saying that in future all my emails will go direct to Juniors inbox so if I get a proper reply I will let everyone know.

Maybe some of our American forum users could forward the news articles to the local press in the States, you never know it could start their downfall.  Clutching at straws I know but we have to try to do something.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #55: Jan 10, 2010 05:50:51 pm
      This is really getting ridiculous. I know SOS is promoting peaceful protesting but sh*t like this will incite violence if ANY of the owners try to come to more games. I just hope our fans have the common sense not to kick off. Hicks/Gilette & co. really don't know when to cut their losses and get out, do they?

Violence against the owners is the only way forward now.

Hang em' high!!!

I presume the club aren't commenting on this because the soft b***ard responded to this at about 4am US time, which makes me think poor old Tommy boy must have been sh*t-faced or he's found out his missus has already been shagging behind his back.

Quote from: by whoever left this
      hey keyboard warrior, promoting violence is prohibited by law

What's up Tommy can't take a joke you yank tw*t!!

F**k off and at least leave a name next time you owner loving shithouse
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010 05:56:32 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #56: Jan 10, 2010 06:32:51 pm
      You Kiss Your Father With That Mouth, Tom Hicks Jr.? Ah, More Anarchy in the U.K.
      By Robert Wilonsky in Sports Sat., Jan. 9 2010

Tom Hicks Jr.

Earlier this evening, Paul Gardner -- Spirit of Shankly Regeneration Liaison Officer and rabid Liverpool FC fan -- sent word: Tom Hicks Jr.'s got a potty mouth. Which is no big deal, sure, except Hicks is vice president of Hicks Sports Group and a director of Liverpool FC, the soccer team his old man bought with George Gillett Jr. in 2007. And Hicks Jr., according to e-mails sent to Unfair Park and stories published tonight in the U.K. press, used that potty mouth when responding to one Reds fan's e-mail concerning the future of the club, which, as we've mentioned countless times, is deep in debt.

The story goes like this: On Saturday, the Liverpool Echo ran this op-ed that speculated any cent Liverpool makes from selling its players to rival teams will "help finance the ÂŁ240m debt the club is trying to manage." The letter writer, Steve Horner, did nothing more than copy and paste the original story. According to the e-mails forwarded by Spirit of Shankly's Gardner (he also sent screen shots), Hicks responded twice on Saturday. The first time, he wrote, simply, "Idiot." The second response was far more colorful: "Blow me F**k face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you." Gardner also included Hicks's apology, sent hours later, in which he wrote, "Stephen, I apologize for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction. Tommy."

Gardner sends along the official reply from the Liverpool supporters' union:

This comment is behaviour unbecoming that of a Director of Liverpool Football Club. Anyone associated with the club should not treat the fans with the contempt that he has. It reinforces our view of the owners and their Sons that they do not care about the football club or the fans. We believe that this now makes his position on the board of directors untenable.

After using Hicks's e-mail address that accompanied the missives to Horner, and then jumping through the Hicks Holdings e-mail verification hoops, Unfair Park asked Tommy for a response; none has been provided so far. And e-mail has also been sent to Hicks Holding spokesperson Lisa LeMaster; when reached by phone tonight, Rick Ericson, also at LeMaster Group, said he was unaware of the incident and had no immediate response. According to the Telegraph, "Friends on Saturday night described the Texan as being 'mortified' by the 'grave misunderstanding.'" And the Guardian is reporting that Liverpool has launched an investigation into the incident.

Last we heard from Tommy was in February 2008, when he was went for a pint in Liverpool and was greeted by a chorus of protest songs and a shower of spittle. The incident also spawned a terrific metal band name: A Grimace of Concern.

Update at 7:52 a.m. Sunday: No word from Hicks Jr., LeMaster or Ericson. But the Spirit of Shankly is now demanding Junior's resignation from the Liverpool FC board of directors: "The Spirit of Shankly Supporters' Union call upon Mr Hicks Junior to recognise his shortcomings, not only as an individual, but more importantly as a 'custodian' of the Club, and to do what any honourable person would do and to resign."

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/01/you_kiss_your_father_with_that.php
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #57: Jan 10, 2010 07:54:27 pm
      They know nothing about us, they don't know what it means to be a Liverpool supporter or even to be associated with the club, all they saw were $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #58: Jan 10, 2010 08:56:53 pm
      Big mouthed tosser. Must be pretty thick to answer knowing the consequences
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #59: Jan 10, 2010 09:47:31 pm
      "Idiot" and "Go to hell" might not be but I'd consider "blow me f**k face" pretty abusive.
      I find the last comments offensive and un-professional for a club Director and for that reason the nomark's getting an email from me later and believe me I'll pull no punches,but I won't be abusive.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #60: Jan 10, 2010 10:02:34 pm
      Who does he think he is.. really? What right does a parasite like that have to speak to a Liverpool supporter like that. Go to hell yourself and take your lying father and his partner in crime with you. H&G out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #61: Jan 10, 2010 10:47:25 pm
      Liverpool fans’ fury over abusive e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr
      Tony Barrett January 11, 2010

Tom Hicks Jr was under mounting pressure to resign from the Liverpool board last night.

Hicks sent an offensive e-mail to a supporter and triggered a row that has led to a fans’ group accusing the club of “a conspiracy of silence”.

Hicks — the son of Tom Hicks, the Liverpool co-owner — sparked outrage at the weekend when he responded to an e-mail from Stephen Horner, a supporter, with consecutive abusive replies. The first simply said “idiot”, but the second said: “Blow me, f**k face. Go to hell, I’m sick of you.”

He has since apologised, but the Texan’s contrition has failed to quell growing calls for him to quit the club.

The Spirit of Shankly (SOS), a fans’ campaign group committed to the removal of Hicks Sr and George Gillett Jr, released a statement demanding the immediate resignation of Hicks Jr.

It was also heavily critical of the Liverpool hierarchy for remaining silent on the matter. On several occasions yesterday The Times sought a reaction from Liverpool, but to no avail.

Freud Communications, the London-based PR firm employed by the Hicks family, also failed to offer any comment on the matter.

“It is a great surprise and an even greater disappointment that Liverpool Football Club have thus far failed to make any comment on what we feel is a very serious matter,” James McKenna, a spokesman for SOS, said.

“Is this what the club has come to, that a board member can speak in such derogatory terms to a supporter but can go without censure or any public criticism?

“The conspiracy of silence which has followed this unsavoury incident is totally unbecoming of a club which has always prided itself on its relationship with the fans.

“Are we to presume that the Liverpool hierarchy condones the comments made by Tom Hicks Jr or is it simply a case that the deeply flawed regime of Hicks and Gillett has left the entire club in a state of paralysis?

“Surely the very least the Liverpool supporters deserve is an open and honest explanation from the club, an indication on their feelings about the objectionable behaviour of such a senior member of the board and a commitment that such an incident will not happen again.”

Horner had sought comments from Hicks about a weekend article in a local newspaper, following up revelations in The Times last Tuesday about Rafael BenĂ­tez, the Liverpool manager, not being allowed to reinvest the proceeds from the planned sales of four players during the transfer window.

Hicks’s subsequent admission at least ended any debate about whether he had actually sent the offensive e-mail, but it has done little to negate the growing sense of outrage on Merseyside. Hicks told Horner: “I apologise for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction.”

Horner said: “The damage has been done by Hicks’s initial two e-mail messages that he sent me on Saturday morning and the apology received later in the day is hollow and probably a PR exercise.

“Hicks Jr should resign with immediate effect and it is time that Gillett and Hicks sold up and handed the reins over to people who understand the Liverpool way. They are not welcome at Anfield and should name their price and begin negotiations with more suitable investors who can take this great club forward.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6982996.ece

Insults follow injury for beleaguered Liverpool supporters
      Oliver Kay

"Blow me, ****face. Go to hell. I’m sick of you."

As an epitaph to the calamitous Hicks-Gillett regime at Liverpool, the ten-word e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr at 4am on Saturday, in response to a polite message from a concerned supporter, ticked just about every box. Brash, arrogant, offensive, crass, uncouth, contemptuous and hopelessly naive, it was the defining moment of almost three years of blundering, back-biting and broken promises at Anfield.

Hicks Jr, the son of Tom Hicks, the co-owner, eventually apologised to the supporter in question for "losing my temper and using bad language with you", calling it "a kneejerk reaction". A jerk’s reaction would probably be a better way of putting it and a more considered, appropriate response now would be to resign from his position on the club’s board.

But still, at least it was an apology; Liverpool’s supporters have been waiting a long time for one of those.

Hicks and George Gillett Jr made all the right noises when they swaggered into Liverpool in February 2007, red-and-white scarves draped around their shoulders, oozing folksy charm and pledging, among other things, to start building work on a new stadium within 60 days (oops), not to take the club into debt (it now stands at around ÂŁ245 million), to be accessible ("go to hell") and "to add to the lustre of the club, not detract from it" ("blow me, ****face").

For a company director to insult a customer in such a way (and, yes, it irks to use such terminology) is a disgrace and yet somehow it is not the foul-mouthed language that irks most about Hicks Jr’s e-mail. Far worse is the contempt that runs through every word: contempt for the concerns expressed by a supporter who, without further comment, sent him a link to an article in the Liverpool Echo in which concerns were expressed about Rafael Benítez’s alarming struggle to find money to invest in a depleted, demoralised squad that is in severe danger of missing out on Champions League qualification.

The supporters’ concerns for Liverpool’s future, short and long term, are legitimate. Benítez appeared to acknowledge for the first time over the weekend that he may be forced to sell players such as Fernando Torres if they fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League — previously, in an interview with The Times in November, he had said he would resign rather than tolerate such a scenario — and for Hicks Jr to sneer at such concerns, whether he uses foul-mouthed insults or wit worthy of Oscar Wilde, is not acceptable.

For the sake of balance, it is worth pointing out here that Hicks, Gillett and their families have been subjected to some rather less civil e-mails and, according to Gillett, telephone calls since their ill-conceived dalliance with Liverpool took the first of many turns for the worse.

On a visit to Merseyside two years ago Hicks Jr decided, flanked by minders, to go for a post-match drink in The Sandon pub "because I have wanted to go for quite some time to see the birthplace of the club and I also wanted the opportunity to have a direct talk with some of the supporters". Suffice to say it was a brief conversation.

Liverpool’s supporters did everything to make Hicks and Gillett feel welcome in the spring of 2007. Unless it has been burnt, whether out of embarrassment or anger, there is a fan somewhere with a banner that, echoing the words of the MasterCard advert, ends with the phrase "for everything else, there’s George and Tom".

It was not until the season after — the unedifying and very public spats with Benítez, the talks with Jürgen Klinsmann, the decision to take the club heavily into debt, the continuing fiasco over the stadium — that warmth turned to hostility of the type that the Glazer family faced on their early visits to Manchester United.

Outsiders mistake the antiAmerican sentiment on Merseyside as a misplaced sense of empathy with Benítez. They look at the purchases of Torres, Javier Mascherano, Robbie Keane, Glen Johnson and others and suggest that Benítez, having been backed to the hilt, has only himself to blame for Liverpool’s failure to win a first league title since 1990. That is a different argument and a spurious one; whatever Benítez’s perceived faults — and his judgment in the transfer market last summer, albeit faced with a constrained budget, was highly questionable — he is far from being Liverpool’s weakest link.

Hicks and Gillett have made some good appointments in the commercial and financial sphere, helping to drive up the club’s revenue, but none of that counts for a bean when Liverpool were forced to pay £36.5 million in interest last season (and, at best, a similar figure this campaign). Ivan Gazidis, the Arsenal chief executive, said in an interview with The Times last week that "not all debt is bad", pointing out how the club’s interest bills are more than covered by the revenue generated by the move to the Emirates Stadium. Liverpool’s debt, by contrast, is very bad, existing for no other reason than to prop up a regime that, in every other sense, ran out of credit long ago.

Gillett took the unusual step of telephoning me the last time I criticised him and Hicks, telling me I had "got it all wrong" and that "debt per dollar, we are in a far better position than our rivals". His response was certainly more polite and more reasoned than that from Hicks Jr in the early hours of Saturday, but my deep reservations were not overcome. It is not a case of saying that Gillett or Hicks or their sons are bad people. It is simply the case that, between them, they have repeatedly shown themselves to lack the qualities needed to be worthy owners of Liverpool Football Club.

In February 2007 — the day he said that "the shovel needs to be in the ground within 60 days" with regards to the construction of a new stadium, where two years, 11 months and four days on, no shovel has yet been seen — Gillett said that "this isn’t about making money. This is about winning and passion and tradition".

Yet passion has been directed in all the wrong areas, traditions have been ignored, the aforementioned lustre has been tarnished and the widespread belief persists that they would be as willing as ever to sell up if they could be guaranteed a huge enough profit to show for all their hard work and dedication to the Liverpool cause.

That will be the final insult, when they depart — whether it is in six weeks, six months or six years — with a profit to their name. Hicks Jr’s e-mail in the early hours of Saturday was merely the latest, but, with those ten words, he plumbed new depths. Next time he is passing The Sandon, he would be advised to keep walking.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/01/insults-follow-injury-for-beleaguered-liverpool-supporters.html
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #62: Jan 10, 2010 11:13:03 pm
      C'Mon all you U.S. Reds!

Spread the word across the States about this sh*t.

Step up to it and do this thang!

(God Bless America)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #63: Jan 10, 2010 11:30:18 pm
      My blood is boiling. Literally. What's more important now is that we do not stoop to his level and flood his inbox with abusive e-mails. Even though these e-mails could be perceived as retaliatory, they would only be used as leverage in any response made by Hicks Jnr. We are bigger than that, their time will come, be patient.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #64: Jan 11, 2010 05:19:41 am
      To be fair he'll have been taking sh*t for months - I'd react in the same way tbh if I was a director of a hockey team or some parallel - to these guys LFC is simply an investment which they hope to make a profit on - no more and no less and I'm myself slowly coming to terms with the fact that we're stuck with them because supporters on mass are too pussyfoot to do anyhting profound enough to register in Texas - so midtable mediocrity here we come (anyway, who the f**k wants to pay ÂŁ400M for a football club - oh, how I yearn for the incompetence of Moores and Parry!!!)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Jan 11, 2010 05:51:33 am
      To be fair he'll have been taking sh*t for months - I'd react in the same way tbh if I was a director of a hockey team or some parallel - to these guys LFC is simply an investment which they hope to make a profit on - no more and no less and I'm myself slowly coming to terms with the fact that we're stuck with them because supporters on mass are too pussyfoot to do anyhting profound enough to register in Texas - so midtable mediocrity here we come (anyway, who the f**k wants to pay ÂŁ400M for a football club - oh, how I yearn for the incompetence of Moores and Parry!!!)

To be fair?!?!?! F**k off. To be fair, he would have been literally taking sh*t, up the arse and through the nostrils, for months. No, he gets to just sit there and F***ing look at all of "his" money and F**k us over with his rich ass hick of a daddy.

No, to be fair, he would have to get arse raped in front of a crowd. But again he has not been. So dont F***ing sympathise with the c**t, you might as well go read the S*n if ya gonna do that.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #66: Jan 11, 2010 06:25:37 am
      To be fair?!?!?! F**k off. To be fair, he would have been literally taking sh*t, up the arse and through the nostrils, for months. No, he gets to just sit there and f**king look at all of "his" money and f**k us over with his rich ass hick of a daddy.

No, to be fair, he would have to get arse raped in front of a crowd. But again he has not been. So dont f**king sympathise with the c**t, you might as well go read the S*n if ya gonna do that.

I'm just saying if I were him I'd give a similar response - anyone, what's a few emails - its about time we started hurting them in the pocket
      (ie - boycott of season tickets next season - if too drastic, then boycott of replica shirts, boycott of F***ing pies on a saturday - its about time something tangible was arranged instead of messing about while the club goes down the toilet)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Jan 11, 2010 06:34:29 am
      I'm just saying if I were him I'd give a similar response - anyone, what's a few emails - its about time we started hurting them in the pocket
      (ie - boycott of season tickets next season - if too drastic, then boycott of replica shirts, boycott of f**king pies on a saturday - its about time something tangible was arranged instead of messing about while the club goes down the toilet)

Really? So if you were him, a smug, F**k im good just ask me, american businessmen who is involved in an orginization that is destroying one of the greatest sporting institutions in the entire world, you would actually still feel justified to reply like that? Do you see where im coming from? No matter what sh*t he gets in his inbox, he never is justified to reply like he did. The only reply he should send is apologies and acknowledgement of the sh*te he helped to put is in. Otherwise he can shut the F**k up.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #68: Jan 11, 2010 07:05:03 am
      Really? So if you were him, a smug, f**k im good just ask me, american businessmen who is involved in an orginization that is destroying one of the greatest sporting institutions in the entire world, you would actually still feel justified to reply like that? Do you see where im coming from? No matter what sh*t he gets in his inbox, he never is justified to reply like he did. The only reply he should send is apologies and acknowledgement of the sh*te he helped to put is in. Otherwise he can shut the f**k up.

If your family morgaged your inheritence to purchase The NY Jets and you copped some stick from the locals would you really give a F**k?
      I'm no sympathizer of our owners (one of their harshest critics I like to think) but I'm not about to judge Tom Hicks F***ing Jnr by a higher moral standard than myself

Quick Reply