Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation

Read 26721 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr 'abused fan’ via email
      Reply #69: Jan 11, 2010 07:19:13 am
       In all my years of supporting the REDS I have never known any president or director of L.F.C. try to belittle one of our supporters.Hicks/Gillette and families might of destabilised our club but they will never destabilise the fans of L.F.C.I have said this before Moores and Parry have got a lot to answer to for selling the club to the two Americans and bringing this club to the state it is in today. :f_steam:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #70: Jan 11, 2010 07:23:51 am

If your family morgaged your inheritence to purchase The NY Jets and you copped some stick from the locals would you really give a f**k?
      I'm no sympathizer of our owners (one of their harshest critics I like to think) but I'm not about to judge Tom Hicks f**king Jnr by a higher moral standard than myself

I wouldn't do it unless i fully intended on improving the club, and if i got myself in the sh*t they have i would be out long ago.

But thats my moral standards, i guess yours are no better than our owners.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #71: Jan 11, 2010 07:34:05 am
      I wouldn't do it unless I fully intended on improving the club, and if I got myself in the sh*t they have I would be out long ago.

But thats my moral standards, I guess yours are no better than our owners.

Mate when looking at it from their perspective you need to put your emotions to one side and realise thatto them LFC is a capitalistic INVESTMENT in their eyes, in the same way you or I might buy a couple of hundred shares in M&S or BA - so long as they get their RETURN on the investment they're not too fussed about sentiment or winning any popularity contests
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #72: Jan 11, 2010 07:36:01 am
      What a cheeky c**t.  The apple didn't fall too far from the tree, did it?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #73: Jan 11, 2010 07:42:17 am
      Mate when looking at it from their perspective you need to put your emotions to one side and realise thatto them LFC is a capitalistic INVESTMENT in their eyes, in the same way you or I might buy a couple of hundred shares in M&S or BA - so long as they get their RETURN on the investment they're not too fussed about sentiment or winning any popularity contests
      The above may very well true to Hicks and Gillette but it just happens that L.F.C. supporters have invested their lives supporting this great club of ours and we do not like it when we see a couple of sharks raping and pillaging the club for every penny/cent they can get out of it.This club has history and tradition  and decency,Hicks and Gillette have nothing.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #74: Jan 11, 2010 07:45:22 am
      The above may very well true to Hicks and Gillette but it just happens that L.F.C. supporters have invested their lives supporting this great club of ours and we do not like it when we see a couple of sharks raping and pillaging the club for every penny/cent they can get out of it.This club has history and tradition  and decency,Hicks and Gillette have nothing.

of coarse but that means little or nothing to someone who mortgages £100M + on a 'soccer' team
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #75: Jan 11, 2010 07:48:41 am

I dont give a F**k about their perspective and i aint taking emotions out of it because that is something none of us will ever do with OUR football club. You said "if i was in his position i would do the same" thats what i take issue with. No LFC supporter should ever say that, nor defend what they have done. Nor compare us to simple shares. Because this isn't a business, its a religion. And they have no excuse, not even yours.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #76: Jan 11, 2010 07:53:47 am
      I dont give a f**k about their perspective and I aint taking emotions out of it because that is something none of us will ever do with OUR football club. You said "if I was in his position I would do the same" thats what I take issue with. No LFC supporter should ever say that, nor defend what they have done. Nor compare us to simple shares. Because this isn't a business, its a religion. And they have no excuse, not even yours.

As Sun Tzu said

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril."
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #77: Jan 11, 2010 08:04:25 am
      To be fair he'll have been taking sh*t for months - I'd react in the same way tbh if I was a director of a hockey team or some parallel - to these guys LFC is simply an investment which they hope to make a profit on - no more and no less and I'm myself slowly coming to terms with the fact that we're stuck with them because supporters on mass are too pussyfoot to do anyhting profound enough to register in Texas - so midtable mediocrity here we come (anyway, who the f**k wants to pay £400M for a football club - oh, how I yearn for the incompetence of Moores and Parry!!!)
      It is because of Moores and Parry that we are in the predicament we find ourselves in today ,Oh how I yearn for a president like T.V.Williams and a secretary like Peter Robinson,both men who treated this club with the respect it deserved and brought us the late great Bill Shankly.They were true REDS and did not rape this club like Hicks and Gillette.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #78: Jan 11, 2010 08:09:52 am
      It is because of Moores and Parry that we are in the predicament we find ourselves in today ,Oh how I yearn for a president like T.V.Williams and a secretary like Peter Robinson,both men who treated this club with the respect it deserved and brought us the late great Bill Shankly.They were true REDS and did not rape this club like Hicks and Gillette.

If you think about it (not being fully serious you'll understand) we were doomed from the beginning seen as the state of Dubai is currently bankrupt.
      Interesting concept you raise however - you think if we had someone oldschool at the helm with presumably thin resources (dont think there are many Liverpublican billionaires mooring their yaughts on the Mersey) you and everyone alike wouldn't be screaming for them to sell to some wonderous American consortium? (ala Everton and Kenwright)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #79: Jan 11, 2010 08:12:10 am
      As Sun Tzu said

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril."

Didn't he play for man city??
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #80: Jan 11, 2010 08:19:03 am
      I can't believe i've only just seen this.

Disgusting, that this w**ker has anything to do with the club. F***ing joke.
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Hicks Jr Resigns
      Reply #81: Jan 11, 2010 11:12:39 am
      Breaking news on News 24 but i aint checked any websites!.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #82: Jan 11, 2010 11:13:50 am
      resigned..!!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Hicks Jr Resigns
      Reply #83: Jan 11, 2010 11:14:30 am
      From the Official Site:

LFC Press Statement
      Liverpool Football Club today announce that Thomas Hicks Jr has resigned as a director of both the club and its parent company Kop Holdings.

Three new directors have been elected to the boards of both companies.

These are Philip Nash, LFC Chief Financial Officer; Ian Ayre, LFC Commercial Director; and Casey Coffman, Executive Vice President of Hicks Holdings.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-press-statement

Good news! Just need the other two muppets to follow.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010 11:21:05 am by Bpatel »
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #84: Jan 11, 2010 11:16:37 am
      Good riddance....pr**k
      MsGerrard
      Reply #85: Jan 11, 2010 11:18:15 am
      He had to go didn't he to save face after that e-mail, good riddance to the idiot, now to get rid of his Father and his sidekick.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #86: Jan 11, 2010 11:20:46 am
      See guys pressure does work.  Now lets set to with the other 2 clowns.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #87: Jan 11, 2010 11:21:18 am
      A step in the right direction.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #88: Jan 11, 2010 11:23:42 am
      Take your Dad with you, yer little sh*t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #89: Jan 11, 2010 11:25:07 am
      Good F***ing riddance.  Unfortunately the same two buffoons still run the shop.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #90: Jan 11, 2010 11:25:11 am
      And shove that email up your arse, c**t.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #91: Jan 11, 2010 11:25:18 am
      So long you gobs***e you shouldnt of had anything to do with OUR club anyway , it turns out you might have a few bob but you have no class like your big fat waste of space father of yours , good riddennce and hope you never set foot in anfield again.

Quick Reply