Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Where to draw the line?

Read 7416 times
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Where to draw the line?
      Jan 14, 2010 03:09:00 pm
      with so many thinking rafa should be sacked and also alot of people backing him where do you draw the line on reasons for sacking a manager? some will say the line has already been drawn. to those who back him, at what point would you wave goodbye to rafa taking everything into account including the yanks situation?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Re: Where to draw the line?
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2010 03:11:20 pm
      When he's had some decent money to spend on his real targets and they let him down.

Where to draw the line with our fu**ed up, gobs***e owners when Rafa does F**k-off and were left with Sammy Lee in charge of the team, because you can forget any other supposed world-class managers coming in and that includes Jose and Guus!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2010 03:12:38 pm
      We should draw the line under Rafa's name and give him all the support that we can. I.R.I.T.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2010 03:21:58 pm
      When he's had some decent money to spend on his real targets and they let him down.

Where to draw the line with our fu**ed up, gobs***e owners when Rafa does f**k-off and were left with Sammy Lee in charge of the team, because you can forget any other supposed world-class managers coming in and that includes Jose and Guus!

obviously money is a big issue, however if i see that over a long period of time the players are playing half arsed than i believe it should be then. if this form continues until the end of season and the players show no sign of improvement then the summer should be the time. have to agree about the 'real targets' thing, would love to know how high on the list the players we got in the summer were.
      We should draw the line under Rafa's name and give him all the support that we can. I.R.I.T.

support is great, it sets us apart. but surely there is a line (not necessarily at this point).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2010 03:23:07 pm
      obviously money is a big issue, however if i see that over a long period of time the players are playing half arsed than i believe it should be then. if this form continues until the end of season and the players show no sign of improvement then the summer should be the time. have to agree about the 'real targets' thing, would love to know how high on the list the players we got in the summer were.

But half the players that have let him down need F***ing off too!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2010 03:24:56 pm
      But half the players that have let him down need f**king off too!

100% agree.
      scousersami11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2010 03:26:45 pm
      Lets us face the fact. No matter what happens on this weekend, or next weekend or a month from now- Rafa Benitez is not going to get sacked. He will surely not be our manager next season, but i dont see him getting sacked before the summer.

So as long as he is our manager, lets support him and the team. Please!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2010 03:28:01 pm
      The anti-Rafa brigade has stepped up a notch.

Somehow this extremely unfortunate injury news we've just been given will no doubt be blamed on him too.

Maybe the line will indeed be drawn soon. However wrong or right it is.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2010 03:29:13 pm
      clubs have different standards. clubs will sack a manager if they dont reach a league position that is seen as a realistic target. what position in the league is the least you would expect us to reach?
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2010 03:30:08 pm
      I don't see how people can blindly put all of their faith in Rafa, like he were some sort of God.

Yes, he's one of the best managers around but in the end he is fallible, just like any other man.

Yes, the owners are bas**rds, but Benitez spent almost 40m in the summer. For unsuitable players.

How much more money can he spend in one window?

I don't want to talk about lines, because he can't be sacked.  End of story. We couldn't get someone better.

But to constantly spout "In Rafa We trust" is garbage. He has to take ownership of what's going on.

That's what you do when you're the boss, be it a football team or a fast food restaurant.

scousersami11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2010 03:31:17 pm
      clubs have different standards. clubs will sack a manager if they dont reach a league position that is seen as a realistic target. what position in the league is the least you would expect us to reach?

Surely 4th spot. We need 4th spot. Only that is what is goiing to save Rafa's job.

Thats is why i think he will only be sacked (if ever), at the end of the season.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2010 03:31:29 pm
      At this point I am hoping we don't get relegated
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2010 03:32:23 pm
      I don't see how people can blindly put all of their faith in Rafa, like he were some sort of God.

Yes, he's one of the best managers around but in the end he is fallible, just like any other man.

Yes, the owners are bas**rds, but Benitez spent almost 40m in the summer. For unsuitable players.

I don't want to talk about lines, because he can't be sacked.  End of story. We couldn't get someone better.

But to constantly spout "In Rafa We trust" is garbage. He has to take ownership of what's going on.

That's what you do when you're the boss, be it a football team or a fast food restaurant.

At what point do you slag the lazy little fuckers on the pitch then, because if Rafa is going to get slagged, surely the players deserve F***ing grief too. At the enmd of the day they're not just letting Rafa down, they're letting us down too.

And what F***ing money, we haven't got any,  we're skint, the likes of Birmingham and Fulham have more money than us! Why do you think we got Rodriguez on a free transfer?
      scousersami11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2010 03:33:44 pm

In no means am i saying 'in rafa we trust'. But face it, he isnt getting the sack. No matter what people say. he isnt going anyway anytime soon. So as long as he is the man in charge- support him!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #14: Jan 14, 2010 03:39:31 pm
      i think he has crossed the line and a change of tactics and mood in the dressing room is needed.
      at the end of the day we can say he hasn't had the backing of the owners and hasn't had the kind of money that Chelsea man u or man city have had but neither have reading or Lyon fiorentina but these teams are playing us off the field.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #15: Jan 14, 2010 03:42:28 pm
      i think he has crossed the line and a change of tactics and mood in the dressing room is needed.
      at the end of the day we can say he hasn't had the backing of the owners and hasn't had the kind of money that Chelsea man u or man city have had but neither have reading or Lyon fiorentina but these teams are playing us off the field.

But I reckon Lyon and Fiorentina can still buy players if they so wanted, my guess is they're not as broke as we are!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #16: Jan 14, 2010 03:49:06 pm
      maybe but id love to compare how much Lyon's team costed against ours and even reading last night.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #17: Jan 14, 2010 04:16:52 pm
      We all no were in a F***ing mess, but to sack the best manager we've had in 20 years? How would that help us?

The media obviously plays a huge part in it and it can easily pursuade peoples minds and change their opinions.

Its why, in my opinion, its people who aren't from Liverpool and are elsewhere around the UK or even abroad, are mostly the ones calling for Rafas head.

Obviously you will have anti-rafa reds in and around Liverpool, ofcourse you will, but from my own experiences and from the little circle and bubble that I live in, the vast majority of us are well behind Rafa. Sacking him isn't even an option.

I would guess, obviously has no facts to this whatsoever, but my estimate would be that if a survey was carried out at Anfield for the 45,000 that turn up, asked them whether Rafa should be sacked or not, I think 75% would say No chance. Thats 3 in 4 people. Thats my own personal opinion.

Rafas name still gets sung every week, by thousands. That to me speaks for itself.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Jan 14, 2010 04:30:15 pm
      I'm not putting any lines down as Daniel Agger will only snort the f**ker  :f_tongueincheek:

Seriously though nows not the time to be thinking about a change, we have had enough troubles and strife this season with out adding to them.

Rafa is not solely to blame for our plight, although admittedly he must take some of the blame how ever in the same breath I'd say the owners, players, fans etc must also take a proportion of the blame too, it takes a massive collective effort to be successful and that same philosophy applies when you are failing.

redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #19: Jan 14, 2010 04:33:17 pm

I don't want to talk about lines, because he can't be sacked.  End of story. We couldn't get someone better.

He spent 40 Million, but sold approx 42 million!!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jan 14, 2010 04:45:37 pm
      He spent 40 Million, but sold approx 42 million!!!!!

Some people are 1 unaware of that or 2 too thick to give it any consideration.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #21: Jan 14, 2010 04:47:47 pm
      At this point I am hoping we don't get relegated
      Thats what i lke to hear an optomist
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #22: Jan 14, 2010 05:47:32 pm
      We dont draw the line - its not our responsability as fans to draw any line under our managers life at the club...

Quick Reply