Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rodriguez' view on Liverpool

Read 983 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Rodriguez' view on Liverpool
      Jan 16, 2010 07:27:51 am
      Rodriguez makes Reds vow
      Liverpool's latest recruit Maxi Rodriguez has promised to give his all to the Reds cause and help lift the gloom at Anfield.

The Argentina international journeyed to Merseyside on Wednesday to watch his new club in their FA Cup third round replay with Reading after inking a three-and-a-half-year deal following a free transfer from Atletico Madrid.

But the 29-year-old would have been alarmed to see the Reds crash out of the competition to inferior opponents while the overwhelming scrutiny aimed at Rafa Benitez since the defeat will have done little to help the attacking midfielder settle in.

However, Rodriguez insists he considered the long-term picture at Anfield when he elected to leave Spain, despite the failings of the current campaign, and maintains there is a bright future at Liverpool.

Tradition
      "If you decide to come to a club you don't look at recent form and whether results are going for or against you," said Rodriguez, who is in the squad for Saturday's must-win match at Stoke.

"They are a great club with great tradition and you don't change your mind on something like that because of a short period of results.

"The important thing is to come here with that desire to win, work hard, make the team even more competitive and first of all try to win my place in the side.

"By hard work we will turn things around. I will be putting in lots of hard work, putting myself on the line for my team and team-mates because that is important."

Rodriguez revealed he had spoken to Fernando Torres, a former Atletico team-mate, and Javier Mascherano, his national team captain, about the difficulties facing the club and claims the players are ready to respond on the pitch.

Positive
      "It wouldn't be the start everyone had dreamed of but the thing about it is all the players are convinced we can turn things around," added the 29-year-old.

"The main thing is to have a strong belief and mentality. In football you can get a bad start or a bad run in the middle of the season but the important thing is to stop concentrating on the negatives and think positively."

Rodriguez shunned suggestions that the absence of Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun, who are all out injured in the coming weeks, has placed additional expectation on him to hit the ground running.

"I don't see it as any added pressure on me because although they may be considered the backbone of the side I don't play in the same role as them," he said.

"It is up to me and the rest of the squad, working as a block of players, to make up for their absence and work hard and see that as an incentive to deliver results."

Good first words, Maxi, and the attitude we want.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Rodriguez' view on Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 16, 2010 07:56:39 am
      For him to witness what he did in his first time as a Red at Anfield, and still come out with that view.. top lad :D

Can't wait to see him in a few hours, hope he gets a decent run out against Stoke. Im getting up at 445am for this, i wanna see him! :D
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #2: Jan 16, 2010 08:06:23 am
      Well in Maxi lad!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jan 16, 2010 09:23:25 am
      That's the kind of positive attitude we need from everyone. Well in Maxi, lead the way!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4: Jan 16, 2010 10:57:47 am
      Will bring a bit more steel to the club,good mentality and will give us a lift,feel this kid will be awesome for us and he takes no prisoners.

Mascherano and torres will be made up!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jan 16, 2010 11:02:50 am
      Well said Rodriguez hopefully your arrival and positivity will rub off on some members of the squad and have a positive impact and inspire us on to a good second half of the season.

Quick Reply