Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Hicks promise #108 - Liverpool headed for "BIG" Summer transfer spree

Read 7425 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Hicks promise #108 - Liverpool headed for "BIG" Summer transfer spree
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2010 11:10:20 am
      The only way this will be big is if the Americans sell up, Ballague is saying on his web site that we need to drop our expectations as fans.

He said we should no longer be expecting a top 4 finish but a top 6 finish is more realistic. He said we just don't have the budget of the other top 4 and doesn't expect us to have it in the Summer. He said even Birmingham have a bigger budget.

Thanks Tom and George you F***ing tossers. Look what you've managed to do to club in 2 and a half years.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2010 11:12:39 am
      Jesus F***ing Christ, is he trying to put us in further debt? Hicks, invest some of your own fecking money!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #71: Jan 16, 2010 01:19:39 am
      I would like to know who they have ear marked, because the way things are nobody would want to come.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #72: Jan 16, 2010 01:37:38 am
      It's another load of bollocks to try and apease the fans. He hasn't got any money. Can't find investers, alll his sporting ventures are in massive debt with creditors knocking on the door due to default on payment arrangements. He's trying to raise £100 mill for 25% of the club. With debts of 240mill he's saying, join our club, put in £ 100 and the debt will be reduced to £ 140 mill. Now you will be jointly responsible so you will be £ 35 mill in the red. What a load of crap. The only way we will get big money in the summer is if the wankers sell up completely to D.I.C. or someone similar.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #73: Jan 16, 2010 11:22:47 am
      We are fu**ed as long as they remain and at the moment they are digging us into a bigger hole which we will have to get out if we some how manage to get new owners. What fool is going to give these 2 clowns £100 million to be minority share holders and let these 2 clowns still make the decisions.

Surely by now their value of the club has fallen. On the thread Hicks will provide F**k all money in the Summer he is just spinning a line to try and get the fans off his back. Sure for F**k sake he released it the day after his retarded sons e-mail.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jan 16, 2010 11:40:02 am
      I've just re read the article posted at the beginning of this thread and I can't see anything that says we are going to spend big anywhere.

It mentions the debacle that lead to juniors resignation, the debt, new investors, the new stadium, that the January window isn't a good time to buy and Rafa selling Doss and Voronin but I can't find anything about him promising or saying we will SPEND big in the summer.

Just clever spin as usual.....
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #75: Jan 16, 2010 03:10:26 pm
       Jan is a poor-quality market. The summer window will be big."[/b

How did you know that Hicks? Jan is poor? The summer will be big off course but your cheap approach on players I don't think you could even challenge Man City for any players they wants!

Quick Reply